Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I didn't pay much attention to the fact that the Esprit had I4's until '96. I always thought they had V6's or V8's. I'm curious what would have come about with the type 918 V8 if their original project for it wasn't canned. Either way, it extended the Esprit's lifespan and if that didn't happen we wouldn't have seen it get round tail lights in 2002 according to the Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Nobody has yet asked the most important question for this week.....

"Can you swim?"

And now, with what has transpired between this infamous Esprit and a certain Sillicon Valley man of deep pockets, the important asking verb is no longer "can", but rather "(when) will"... It's clear this old girl will soon make Q's wet dreams (pun more than intended) a reality.

But this is not the old Esprit's time, this is the "newcomer's" turn. Let's not forget that adding a V8 would make for a far more efficient submarine... It would give more power to the internal fridge for your Martinis, after all.

Last edited:
The Esprit V8 is not a bad car. It can be quite fast when tuned. At the moment I cant remember how fast I could get mine since I not drove it in a while. What I do remember is that when I made the gearing very long it purrs low rpms when in a cruise room while doing 2,000 & 2,500 rpm gear changes.

I don't know when I'll next be able to join in with the racing or have the time for decent testing and reviews. For now I'll churn out quick "remastered" videos of the current COTW car and track Time Trial combo in GT4. Nearest matching track to GT6's London is GT4's Opera Paris.

Still can't figure out why Youtube is only encoding my videos at 1440p, that's only a quarter of the actual resolution it's running and recording at.

Special Request; I'm going to Indianapolis this weekend to finally visit the Speedway after years of watching the 500 every Memorial Day weekend. Mind if we stop at the virtual Brickyard during this week's races? (I'd inquire about running the oval track for a change, though I expect to be overruled on that suggestion.) :P

Sounds like a great idea, but you're up against a tough competitor; otherwise known as Brad McClaren's disdain for oval racetracks. And trust me, that is a stiff and hard-hitting fight to say the least... :crazy: :P
If you can overcome him, we may have ourselves an half-official Lotus Indy tribute race, which is oddly fitting considering Chapman's legendary U.S. racing career as an engineer.

Also, this is a given thing to say, but enjoy your trip to Indiana! Be sure to stomp on a few of those bricks for us, ok? :)👍

Last edited:
700PP Race Car Super Lap

RMedia_Obelisk: 0:54.435 (Mazda LM55)
RMedia_Obelisk: 0:55.640 (Sauber C9)
McClarenDesign: 0:58.253 (Sauber C9)

Get on my level x2

700PP Race Car Super Lap

RMedia_Obelisk: 0:54.435 (Mazda LM55)
RMedia_Obelisk: 0:55.640 (Sauber C9)
McClarenDesign: 0:58.253 (Sauber C9)

Get on my level x2

Ahem, Victory_Reign93: 52.756 (Mazda 787B)
McClarenDesign: 54.388 (Mazda LM55)
RMedia_Obelisk: 54.435 (Mazda LM55)

Checkmate Obelisk :cool: :lol:

Welp, I still have the upper hand on the Sauber. And the difference between MCD and I is marginal.

You sure about that? :D

image.jpeg

I should know better than to provoke you, Vic. But you've kinda butted into the actual feud.

Well you caught me at the wrong time. :cool:

Boredom + time set by a confident racer + having the right tools to hand at the time = A reason to go and knock out a few posted lap times. :D:lol:

Get on my level x2

Checkmate Obelisk :cool: :lol:

...was THIS why you only only made 1 race on Tuesday, Pvt. Sloth? I can't see that far behind me to find your level. Had I invested more than 3 minutes on the Sauber, your time would again be bested. Your level is in my rear-view, but you couldn't stay long enough to find out, let alone risk everyone else seeing.

Best Lap- 0:53.835

Feel free to get your hits in. He put his head on the block by calling me out.

Well, you would know best to awake the sleeping giant hidden within you, yes... Although I would also say that I got a few winning shots against you yesterday (cough Brands Hatch and Silverstone cough). But, borrowing and paraphrasing Obelisk's expression, I got the feeling that your head wasn't on level throughout last night. Then again, I do like these bragging rights, even if they are brief... :sly: *quietly sneaks away from discussion*

I'm getting tired of the crap you keep giving me, McClaren. One more jab at my performance and leaving this group.

Although I would also say that I got a few winning shots against you yesterday (cough Brands Hatch and Silverstone cough)

Were this The Real Mike Tyson's Punch Out Simulator, you'd have a point.

I'm getting tired of the crap you keep giving me, McClaren. One more jab at my performance and leaving this group.

1. You called me out.
2. You got the attention you sought.
3. I'm sorry if I crossed a line, but much like Vic's response, you struck a nerve so it goes both ways. I've made it known since day 1 that my jabs are light-hearted and should be taken with a grain of salt.

1. You called me out.
2. You got the attention you sought.
3. I'm sorry if I crossed a line, but much like Vic's response, you struck a nerve so it goes both ways. I've made it known since day 1 that my jabs are light-hearted and should be taken with a grain of salt.
It's just they can get annoying after a while, you know?

It's just they can get annoying after a while, you know?

I understand, but when you speak like a bully (or with Bravado) you can't turn around and play the victim card. I've got plenty of other flaws of which to use as a basis for attack. The fact that I posted a weak time in a seasonal event should demonstrate A) a lack of caring, and B) a possible lack of time in which to invest.

Don't poke the bear and expect to not be eaten. Just tell the bear that it's ugly and it's mother dresses it funny.

Quite, because then you'd be biting my ear off or something along those lines. :sly:

Also, let's keep the atmosphere friendly, shall we? McClaren is known for kidding around when it comes to these things, so as he said, that needs to be taken with a light-hearted response. It won't help anyone if an argument breaks out due to Time Trial racing, which is why I tend to stay away from that type of racing.

Whether it's lack of caring and/or practice time, it hardly matters. I wouldn't like to see this thread go the way of just about any other alive GT6 threads due to negative feelings. So how about we take things light-heartedly instead of starting a war over lap times?

Back