Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

With that said, @McClarenDesign is under investigation for being a good person.

@McClarenDesign has been fined $100 million, banned for the remainder of the season, and all points for both the Driver and Constructor's Championships nullified.

Being a good person is strictly forbidden by the FIA (and violates the GTPlanet AUP).

(Edit: Just found this on G+, referring to the qualifying shenanigans.)

fia.jpg

Last edited:
As was already said, if someone's throwing down times and is confident, we're more than likely going to challenge those times ourselves, it's just who we are. :D

But having said that, if we've crossed the line, just say so and we'll apologise for it.

Lot of what's said between us is lighthearted banter( MC V Vic rivalry is a decent example of that. ) and very tongue in cheek humour, but everyone's got different limits on senses of humour so let MC know if that's the case. :)

Lot of what's said between us is lighthearted banter( MC V Vic rivalry is a decent example of that. ) and very tongue in cheek humour, but everyone's got different limits on senses of humour so let MC know if that's the case. :)

Gotta agree with the banter... it is tongue in cheek and that's along my style. Always have enjoyed it, always will. As I've said before here, and many times in real life @Obelisk ... "If you're not getting picked on, it's because nobody likes you!"

Cheers

@McClarenDesign - 700PP Race Car Super Lap

RMedia_Obelisk: 0:54.435 (Mazda LM55)
McClarenDesign: 0:58.253 (Sauber C9)

Get on my level.

Do I look like a submarine?

What was your time in the C9? I haven't attempted the LM55, but you are aware of the differences between the two, right?

700PP Race Car Super Lap

RMedia_Obelisk: 0:54.435 (Mazda LM55)
RMedia_Obelisk: 0:55.640 (Sauber C9)
McClarenDesign: 0:58.253 (Sauber C9)

Get on my level x2

...was THIS why you only only made 1 race on Tuesday, Pvt. Sloth? I can't see that far behind me to find your level. Had I invested more than 3 minutes on the Sauber, your time would again be bested. Your level is in my rear-view, but you couldn't stay long enough to find out, let alone risk everyone else seeing.

Best Lap- 0:53.835

I'm getting tired of the crap you keep giving me, McClaren. One more jab at my performance and leaving this group.

Were this The Real Mike Tyson's Punch Out Simulator, you'd have a point.

1. You called me out.
2. You got the attention you sought.
3. I'm sorry if I crossed a line, but much like Vic's response, you struck a nerve so it goes both ways. I've made it known since day 1 that my jabs are light-hearted and should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's just they can get annoying after a while, you know?

I understand, but when you speak like a bully (or with Bravado) you can't turn around and play the victim card. I've got plenty of other flaws of which to use as a basis for attack. The fact that I posted a weak time in a seasonal event should demonstrate A) a lack of caring, and B) a possible lack of time in which to invest.

Don't poke the bear and expect to not be eaten. Just tell the bear that it's ugly and it's mother dresses it funny.

When did this thread become that above me? Smooth moves, you two.

Like I'm one to say that

Also, this is a given thing to say, but enjoy your trip to Indiana! Be sure to stomp on a few of those bricks for us, ok? :)👍

Had a great time visiting the hallowed grounds of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and I did far more than merely step foot upon the bricks. I figure since I have a COTW win at this track, I could partake of a winner's tradition at the circuit. I may never kiss the Blarney Stone, but I can now forever say "I kissed the Bricks."

(This will be as close as you'll ever get to a face reveal from me. :sly: Also, this will be both the first and last time in my life I'll ever wear a cap backwards. :rolleyes: )

Lotus Esprit V8 '02 verdict, beater. Yes it handles well and has a decent amount of power but I would have much rather it be better than the Ruf 3400RS. Reasons being, the Ruf costs less and despite having a lower performance rating I can drive it faster around Laguna Seca.

The RUF 3400S is 1.3 seconds slower than the Esprit V8 at Mid-Field, on Comfort Soft tires.

At Laguna Seca on Comfort Hard tires, the Lotus is again faster, by 1.5 seconds, clocking in a time of 1:46.4

The RUF 3400S is 1.3 seconds slower than the Esprit V8 at Mid-Field, on Comfort Soft tires.

At Laguna Seca on Comfort Hard tires, the Lotus is again faster, by 1.5 seconds, clocking in a time of 1:46.4
Well sh**. Looks like I turned in an incomplete assignment. I'll put myself under investigation for not paying attention in class.

A couple of quickie reviews to get me caught back up here. The '69 Isuzu Bellet, while having a buzzy and annoying engine note and a standard model so poor that its brakelights won't appear when the taillights are on, does have balanced rear-drive handling and light weight that combine to make it a Sleeper. The '02 Lotus Espirit, you might as well refer to the first time I reviewed it, the car was pretty much exactly as I remembered it and still worthy of a neutral verdict. Which just leaves a few Kodaks to round out the week.

The Lotus provided mixed experiences for me. It's definately got power, no doubt. But the handling's a tad off. It can get a bit sideways (As I discovered), and it's responsive enough to recover from the drift without fishtailing. But when it comes to tighter tracks, like Monaco, it's not as great. It was pretty damn good around Brands Hatch Indy though, so, knowing it has potential, I gave it a few minor upgrades to iron out the kinks. Racing suspension, weight reduction and a wing to make it handle a tad better.
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

So... What's this week's car? I've been waiting all day, and I'm certain it's normally released on Mondays (NZ time) I know Baron got to choose, and I've been waiting to see his choice!

Last edited:
Personally, Nismo, another key upgrade is in order; a Fully-Customizable Gearbox. The Esprit's Renault-derived gearbox is what prevented the car from being even better. Would the full 500hp settings break the delicate suspension settings the final product came with? Perhaps, but it would also make the Lotus an even better Sleeper of a car. If anything, cars like the C5 Corvette and the Viper would no longer be able to play the power card against the Lotus, and handling would easily defy both American cars' might. I personally loved racing with the Esprit, and while it may not look like a sleeper, it certainly performs like one against other cars in its class.

Now watch as McClaren picks another underwhelming FF car and returns to poor form... :P

So... What's this week's car? I've been waiting all day, and I'm certain it's normally released on Mondays (NZ time) I know Baron got to choose, and I've been waiting to see his choice!

Now watch as McClaren picks another underwhelming FF car and returns to poor form... :P

Oh trust you me people, @McClarenDesign has received my choice and it has been acknowledged. He also mentioned that he had previous commitments, as this thing called real life sometimes takes priority.

Even though I'm fond of saying things like "Patience is a virgin, and I lost my patience years ago" or "If I was supposed to have patience, I would have been a doctor" , these sayings that play on the English language are nullified by a saying my mother was fond of... "Good things come to those who wait". To which I usually reply: "Tell that to the Maple Leaf fans". :lol:

I think this week's pick will be worth the suspense that's building. ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, both of them have terrible handling, because both are super powerful buy super heavy. I think it might be something as far out as a Chapparall 2J, or as tame as an Evo Lancer
You do not want to get the 2J involved while I'm around COTW. I am a hardcore Chaparral fan and one of the better 2J drivers. I know it sounds like arrogance/confidence but I've logged almost 15,000 kilometers between three separate builds of the 2J (on three different 2Js).

You do not want to get the 2J involved while I'm around COTW. I am a hardcore Chaparral fan and one of the better 2J drivers. I know it sounds like arrogance/confidence but I've logged almost 15,000 kilometers between three separate builds of the 2J (on three different 2Js).

But COTW runs unmodified cars, could you be as dominant in a standard 2J? On standard tyres, standard setup, etc? (I dare say you can, but just putting the question out there)

Latest Posts

Back