Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I had saved the replay, and watching it in your car with the HUD on also kind of gave it away... but even though we could have changed your one time name from Bilbo to "Sand Baggins", :lol: I'm really glad you did too. Cause the back and forth action had me giggling like a kid for 5 and a bit laps. That for me is the tell tale sign of a great race!

The great thing here at COTW, is that everyone has improved... I've had tonnes of great races with way too many people to list in one sitting. It's the people that keep me coming back, and I'm pretty sure that sentiment is shared by many.

Here's to many more!!!

Cheers

The great thing here at COTW, is that everyone has improved... I've had tonnes of great races with way too many people to list in one sitting. It's the people that keep me coming back, and I'm pretty sure that sentiment is shared by many.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the Saturday special but I know in the past we have had some excellent battles between us when servers have cooperated but congrats on being the first COTW Hall of Famer. I'm sure in the future there will be more memories to make and even better battles to be won on GT6 or other racing games in the future.

Spa is like sacred ground to me... a while back, @JackRyanWMU got to visit the Brickyard, and even posted a pic of him kissing the ground there. That's exactly the same way I feel about Spa. So, any chance I get, I relish racing there on any game available in my lifetime.

You can thank McClaren for us going to Belgium for your special day, he immediately knew that Spa was where we needed to race. And every amount of praise heaped upon you is well deserved, It's been an honor racing with you and reading your reviews the last 2 and half years and you are truly one of the cornerstones of our group of wannabe racers and car reviewers. 👍

One for the record books...

kPBVMJk.jpg

Well I guess after the one or two races that I've been involved with here at COTW Headquarters, I seem to have given the impression to some people that I like cars in certain colours. Apparently, I also may have mentioned liking a track or two, amongst other little details here and there. What I wasn't expecting, was people paying attention. ;)

The other thing I wasn't expecting, was thinking another good day of racing would turn into people pointing their fingers and attention towards me. To be honest... I'm still stunned! And shocked at the complete and utter SNEAKINESS of you people!!! :lol: I had no idea of any of what was happening... all of you keep the surprises under wraps quite well!!!

Spa is like sacred ground to me... a while back, @JackRyanWMU got to visit the Brickyard, and even posted a pic of him kissing the ground there. That's exactly the same way I feel about Spa. So, any chance I get, I relish racing there on any game available in my lifetime. So I was pretty stoked when I saw a 10 lap race there to start the day... NICE!!!

What I wasn't expecting were the records that would be set...

1) The amount of damn fine looking colours on a Car of the Week.
2) The amount of people using the same numbers on their doors and bonnets.
3) The amount of time NOT having to look at a yellow car either in front of me or in my mirrors. (THANK YOU) :lol:
4) The amount of times that the leader of the race would change hands!

(Some of the above "records" may have been exaggerated to help make this story interesting)

If you haven't heard yet, Ash or @Draggon as he's known here on GTP, had built up a lead so far ahead of anyone, he had time to stop, order food, eat it, and have a smoke before hopping back in his car and letting me catch up to him almost at the very last sector on lap 5. (I'm pretty sure by that time he just got lonely :P) But that wasn't what would set the record...

When I finally caught up to him and passed him, the battle began... the poor guy that was typing the names on the screen for the leaderboard suddenly had work to do. He was napping up until that point I think. For the five laps that were left, Asher and I exchanged lead positions twenty-three times... 23 times!!!

QhUJT3z.jpg

This was just one of those 23 times... and this was pretty well the biggest lead either of us would have. :lol:

All in all, a fantastic race. At least one I will remember for a very long time... thank you Asher!

Long story short, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you! I'm honoured to have met and raced with everyone here... YOU keep me coming back for more, and hope the racing continues long after GT6 is done!

Cheers to all!!!

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

BaronBlitzRed?

BaronBlitzRed

As you no doubt know by now, we've had our first inductee into the Car of the Week Hall of Fame! Congratulations BaronBlitzRed!!!

As part of your prize, you've been given this week's choice of Car of the Week. Knowing what that choice is, I'm pleased to see that at least one other person here (besides me, of course) has good taste.

big_thumb_66049c7df1cbe7c46e64a6f59176c609.jpg

It's the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto AND the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO!!!

250+ferraris+on+grid+max+fu.jpg

There are also two tracks to play with each in the Community, Monza and Monaco! Because if you can afford the pair of these ladies, money is clearly of no concern.

Here's to many more!!!

Cheers! :cheers:

COTW is always a challenge!! Even for the elite drivers who get "promoted" as a result of AGS :D

Well, what a tonal shift this is. I begin a series on Cheap Speed and now suddenly I have to relinquish about half of the 13 Million virtual credits I have in my account just to buy the "less expensive" choice for this week? Wow, you induct a guy into a hall of fame and the next thing you know he's staying in presidential suites in Monaco, and having caviar for breakfast, steak for lunch, and blue whale for dinner while ordering us to buy cars that have bigger price tags attached to them than Canada's entire gross domestic product. :P

Storytime!

My Golfs got recalled due to the VW emissions scandal. Dang. :grumpy:

I wasn't too upset at handing them over though, I got a nice sum for them both, and as I returned home, I looked through my garage, and realised just how many cars this club had led me to love. The Isuzu Bellett GT-R, Lotus Esprit V8, Ford Mustang Boss 302, and most recently, the Subaru BRZ.

I was sitting there gazing at my cars when Donald Trump arrived at my door.
"Nismo, I'm here to give you a small loan of a million dollars. And believe me, you're gonna need it for this week!" He said as he threw a cheque in my face, climbed into his jet and flew off. Confused, I checked GT planet. And screamed so loud, NCIS arrived to investigate an alleged murder scene!

I suppose I should be greatful that I'm on holiday this week. I'll have plenty of time to farm money off the seasonal race events. But still, ouch! Baron previously set the record for "Most expensive COTW" back in week 51 with the Cobra Daytona, you had to top that this week, didn't you??? :P

I currently have around $13m, so I'll have at least one car this week. Good luck to all who are gonna do some serious money making in the next few days!

How much money does that offer? The 80's japanese challenge offers $800,000 each race with 200% bonus, and the Bathurst historic offers $1.1million each race with 200% bonus. But I've never done the quick races, do they earn more?
1st place in an eight person lobby earns you around $735,000 per every 4-5 minutes. The more people in a room, the more you'll earn.

Damm Baron, I understand that Canadian Dollars are a powerful weapon where you come from, but go easy on our wallets, wouldn't ya? I'm trying to make a decent comeback to Saturday racing and you go and pick two multi-million dollar tools of rich dominance... Oh well, I guess our esteemed Canadian friend got tired of the lightweights we have been driving lately, and hand-picked a pair of heavyweights to show us what's up.

Either way, I'll just (attempt to) pick the elegant road version and be done with it, all while being thankful that GT6 enforces a "small" 20 million credit limit. Because we all know that 250 GTOs can go for more, oh so much more than that...

Damm Baron, I understand that Canadian Dollars are a powerful weapon where you come from...

LMAO... that one made my day! Sure our dollar is a weapon, but ONLY against those who have to earn them... the people who live here! :scared: :lol:

I was hoping that the majority of us would already own these GORGEOUS cars, as I personally have owned mine for some time. The cheapie of the two, the 1961 250 GT I bought way back on 2014/04/18, and the slightly higher valued 1962 250 GTOh my god that's sexy, I've owned since 2014/06/21.

Like the Cobra Daytona Coupe, one of my former choices, these are simply must have's in a collection... 👍👍

Cheers

I'm glad you guys are having fun. I'm still not able to race at all on Tuesday, and Saturday's races I could go to, but they're not really official races. I'm tempted to just say "I'm done with CotW."

What do you mean, "not official"? Saturday's races may not have the same size of drivers field as the Tuesday races, but they are far from being unofficial. What's really keeping you from attending those? I'm sure your agenda is not that busy...

Look, I know Saturday races aren't as lively as other races you've been to and seen, I can understand that. But that doesn't mean you have to be "done with COTW". Even if we can't attend races, that doesn't mean we're not a part of this. You can share your thoughts on the cars, you can speak about the races even if you didn't race in them, give that a bit more thought if you can.

These are my five cents on the matter, feel free to ignore them if you think I'm wrong. I'd say there's no need for the drama you are lending to this situation, you think you are powerless because you can't race with us and therefore you think you can't contribute much here. That's not quite the truth, as I said before. But again, those are my five cents...

LMAO... that one made my day! Sure our dollar is a weapon, but ONLY against those who have to earn them... the people who live here! :scared: :lol:

I was hoping that the majority of us would already own these GORGEOUS cars, as I personally have owned mine for some time. The cheapie of the two, the 1961 250 GT I bought way back on 2014/04/18, and the slightly higher valued 1962 250 GTOh my god that's sexy, I've owned since 2014/06/21.

Like the Cobra Daytona Coupe, one of my former choices, these are simply must have's in a collection... 👍👍

Cheers

It's still a powerful weapon, otherwise how would Americans pay for Obamacare and guns? Weapons can buy weapons, that's food for thought! :eek: :lol:

And to be fair, I just really wanted to save my (virtual) money for a Miura if I ever get around to do that in GT6. The Ferrari is pretty, but it's not Miura-pretty. Sorry Mr. Enzo, but the farm tractor maker made the prettier supercar, it's just the truth... :sly:

I'm glad you guys are having fun. I'm still not able to race at all on Tuesday, and Saturday's races I could go to, but they're not really official races. I'm tempted to just say "I'm done with CotW."

The Saturday races were made to include the people that couldn't make it on Tuesdays, as a good part of the planet it's just not feasible... they're just as official in my mind.

Whatever your decision about joining us is, just remember you're always welcome, and hope you have fun!

Cheers

But still, ouch! Baron previously set the record for "Most expensive COTW" back in week 51 with the Cobra Daytona, you had to top that this week, didn't you???

Well it seems you were the inspiration for a few things in the past week or so...

Also guys, something that's been on my mind for a while...
Noone ever dares to pick one of the $20m cars to review, right?

Hehehehe... Dare huh??? Never be afraid of asking a question, only fear the answers. And may I add... Your dare has been officially 1 upped!!! :mischievous: ;) :lol:

Cheers

Last edited:
I do happen to have the Goodwood time for the cheaper prancing horse:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71: 0:56.103
Ford Focus RS '02: 0:56.245
Acura NSX '04: 0:56.256
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70: 0:56.258
Chevrolet Corvette Stringray Convertible (C3) '69:0:56.280
Fisher Karma EcoSport '12: 0:56.455
Chevrolet Camaro SS '69: 0:56.529
Chevrolet Silverado SST '02: 0:56.683
Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary Edition '13:0:56.729
BMW 135i Coupé '07: 0:56.804
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07: 0:56.835
Lancia STRATOS 15th Anniversary Edition '73:0:56.888
Audi S4 '98: 0:56.933
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521'61: 0:56.968

BMW M Coupe '98: 0:57.141
Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary Edition '72:0:57.197
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71: 0:57.474
Acura NSX '91: 0:57.634
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88: 0:57.942

Last edited:
Saturday races are just as legitimate as Tuesdays.

Not really, on the weekends I like to cross dress and call myself "Wendy", I know some of you do the same too.

The Saturday races were made to include the people that couldn't make it on Tuesdays

That reminds me, I said I would be joining in last week, I wasn't due to be working but someone called in sick for the week (again) so I had to work on both CoTW days/nights.

I'm not due to work tomorrow though so I should be there this time. Sorry to miss out on your day of celebration, I would love to have participated.

Back