Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I was laughing for most of the awards as it was well put together with Mc's patented sense of humour... then I got to the one with my name on it. Then it was shock! I'm pretty sure this is what happens when you allow voting and excessive drinking at the same time... THANK YOU ALCOHOL!!! :lol: (kidding people, I thank alcohol and 4-20)

But seriously, thank you for even considering me!

Thank you @McClarenDesign for your dedication to the thread and for all the patience displayed in your hosting duties every week. If it wasn't for you, we just wouldn't have the immeasurable amounts of fun we all enjoy! :cheers:

Here's to another year of interesting reactions to cars and more fun racing as I'm pretty much addicted to this thread!

Cheers

Sharing the same sentiments as Lewis, it's a well deserved win.

And your time with the 2X backs up our points that you've gotten a hell of a lot quicker. 👍

I'll admit that you pretty much had no choice but to go faster due to the pace that was set, however you have proved you can run with ( and in the case of the 2X outrun :eek:) the front runners of COTW.

All in all, well done Baron. :D:tup:

It was well deserved, you have improved by a great deal over a short amount of time.

I also think Greenbrains deserves an honorable mention. He was already a speedy driver in the first place, but he has become seriously fast now.

Sharing the same sentiments as Lewis, it's a well deserved win.

And your time with the 2X backs up our points that you've gotten a hell of a lot quicker. 👍

I'll admit that you pretty much had no choice but to go faster due to the pace that was set, however you have proved you can run with ( and in the case of the 2X outrun :eek:) the front runners of COTW.

All in all, well done Baron. :D:tup:

Thank you for saying so guys, I honestly appreciate it. I'll admit that you're right, I am faster thanks to all of you that I race with... trying to keep up has made me pay attention to the little things as well as the painfully obvious ones :lol:. With my experience in the past year, I hope to take what you all have shown, said and demonstrated to me and improve even further. Everybody is improving, and it brings the comradery and the competitive spirit and fun even closer to home. Someday I might even give Mc a good go at Laguna Seca lol.

Thanks to all involved for helping me along, I truly appreciate it people!!!

Cheers

I thought Lewis was still a young (ish) guy? Guess I do not know much about modern Formula 1, it seems. :lol: If only I could experience the fun races you have...

I very much doubt he's older than I am. There are a few things older than me... like dirt, Don Cherry, the Rocky Mountains and of course the universe. :lol: If you get a chance Niku, take it... it's a lot of fun and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Cheers

I very much doubt he's older than I am. There are a few things older than me... like dirt, Don Cherry, the Rocky Mountains and of course the universe. :lol: If you get a chance Niku, take it... it's a lot of fun and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Cheers

Man, talk about an elite list of old things... :lol: Guess age isn't kind to anyone, but I am still too much of a whippersnapper to actually know it in person. :dopey: I'd love to be a part of the races, of course, but it's that 'Murican time schedule man. It does not translate so well to Portuguese, if you know what I mean...:crazy:

Saying thanks for last night's fun... there were some fun battles and some close results. None of which included me! :lol: Looking forward to our first new victim of 2015 and pretty much dying of curiosity... 25,000 bonus points for the person with the closest guess!!!

Cheers

Good luck. Next week's car has already been chosen, and it's got nearly as much funk as George Clinton. Nearly. It was close...

I considered this week abit of redemption for me as I wasn't there when we first tested the Alfa GT.

5 minutes in the car and I was reminded why I chose this over a dozen other cars. :P

On paper it sounds like an accident in the making, a 3.2 V6 powering the front wheels with around 230hp in a car set up to be a Grand Tourer. You go into it thinking, it'll have understeer galore, but it doesn't.

Yes it WILL understeer, but not as much as you're lead to believe and turns out to be quite fun to throw around.

The engine pulls well in the low range as I could take the first hairpins at SilverStone in 3rd gear. :sly:

I would talk about the styling, but saying it's a stunner would be stating the obvious. :lol:

It is in short worthy of the title, COTW's Sleeper of the Year 2014.👍

On a side note: aside from the odd jump here and there, the servers were holding up well even when we had 14 drivers on track. :D

It certainly is an honor to be named "Most Improved Driver" when it seems like everyone has been stepping up their game over the past months. But I can just as easily credit COTW as being a great "Driver Improvement Program" with how it exposes us to all kinds of combinations of power, drivetrain, and handling characteristics. I know it's been fulfilling to go from finishing a minute behind the likes of Vic and Lew to only being 10 seconds or less behind their pace!

While I am in agreement with most of the COTY Awards, I believe the "Worst Car" title should have gone to the Challenger. Truly a heir of the legendary nameplate in name only, this oversized and overweight beast somehow manages to handle even worse than it should on paper. Naturally, Chyrsler's response is to make a 700 HP version of this ill-handling car, thus allowing their customers to total out their Challengers faster than ever.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/dodge-challenger-hellcat-wrecked-in-colorado-122214

So those are my final thoughts on COTW 2014. It's been a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to more good times in the miles ahead!

Hum... I still have no clear clue, it could be any of the Standard Convertibles...

Well the clue says you cannot TEAR off the roof, that could implie that the car has a folding metal roof OR it has no roof at all as you can't tear off what's not there? 💡

Might be reading a little too much into it but who knows? :lol:

Well the clue says you cannot TEAR off the roof, that could implie that the car has a folding metal roof OR it has no roof at all as you can't tear off what's not there? 💡

Might be reading a little too much into it but who knows? :lol:

Your Sherlock Holmes guesswork is terrible, you need to work on that. :lol:

Guess the answer for that lies within Mr. Mclaren... 💡

Well, it seems I've blown both chances to join-in on the racing festivities over my vacation (laziness ftw :P). But I'll continue to stick around for more vehicles, and perhaps I'll get lucky at some point, and will be able to join a lobby when the stars align just right. 👍

Last edited:
'Cannot' means that it is not possible. This eliminates all convertible models.

You guys are terrible at this.

Next hint: It ended with more street cred than Paul Walker.

By ended you mean out of production?
More street cred than Paul Walker?
So it has to be Japanese as he was an import guy mostly.

Well we've already driven one of cars which probably got more street cred than him and it was an absolute turd to drive.

I'm just guessing its a Nissan of some kind.

Back