Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Was there more than one Ascari race or were those all of the cars you could see? I remember at least double the car count there, and Vic and myself had a great battle for 1st seperated by about a tenth, I think.

The Tuesday races weren't recorded because of all the teleporting.

I recorded a few of the less laggy ones so any good racing that gets overlooked due to the lag isn't lost completely. ;)

But yeah, the servers need looking at because it gets unnerving when you know that the car in front (or behind) could punt you off and they wouldn't even notice or be affected by it.

Hmm, the Shelby Daytona eh ?, good thing I was planning to do some grinding tomorrow.

Also, expect a 'Car of The Year' submission soon MC, I've only been around for a handful of cars, but I figure I might as well add my picks.

I might be able to make this Tuesday's lobby as well as the next, killing some vacation time so the usual 'curfew' doesn't apply :lol:. I'm a bit rusty in the 'stock' online racing but I'm willing to give it a go.

Just took the Cobra Daytona Coupe for a 10lap test at Bathurst.

I had high expectations for this car and I have to say they were blown out of the water.

The cornering in this beast is awesome. I was taking the track faster than a previous spec V8 Supercar in some sections.

The brakes are amazing as well. How deep you can go into the chase rivals that of a current gen V8. That is seriously impressive.

Top speed down Conrod Straight was a good 280km/h. Up on what I thought it was capable of.

Acceleration in low revs is shocking. It really lets the car down.

Still with that being the only performance issue I have with it it pulled an impressive 2:07.105.... with a messy lap. Easy 2:06.xxx in it if I can put a lap together.

On to styling cues. The Daytona is a wicked looking machine. I have always liked it. The Cobra was evilved into this to comply with race regs of the time (do not quote me on that. I'm going from memory). I prefer the Daytona look over the street Cobra.

I am highly impressed by this car and I'm wondering why it had such low mileage since I bought it in June (29.9km before test).

I would rank this car as a 9/10. It would be an easy 10/10 if the low rev acceleration wasn't so dead.

Nice choice Baron :) Now to reclaim top of my friends list in the 2X seasonal :P

Edit: Screw the 2X. Baron you own it. I hate that thing with a passion!

Last edited:
I found that I could power out of the final corner at Laguna Seca in 2nd gear and still cross the finish line at the same speed as I could in 1st gear. It can go over 80 mph in 1st, and over 150 mph on Suzuka's front straightaway. I love that it's not quite as much of a handful as the "basic" Cobra 427.

Last edited:
I found that I could power out of the final corner at Laguna Seca in 2nd gear and still cross the finish line at the same time as I could in 1st gear. It can go over 80 mph in 1st, and over 150 mph on Suzuka's front straightaway. I love that it's not quite as much of a handful as the "basic" Cobra 427.

Aerodynamics tend to do that to cars, you know? The "basic" Cobra is about as aerodynamic as a 1980's boombox, and therefore it kills you every time it sees a corner. The Daytona, on the other, actually has an aerodynamic body, meaning it can do corners reasonably well.

Also, would it hurt you to pick cheaper cars? I'm trying to save up moneys (up to 7 million after some seasonals) and you keep picking the expensive stuff, damm you. :mad::dopey:

Glad you were entertained :P

I have fundamental issues with the 2X. I feel like doing a CoTW review on it from my view point. Would definitely spark controversy.... with others not sharing views and what not.

Well, the 2X has and will always be a car of controversy. I can say that the real bad side of it was mostly erased by the hotfix it received (for DS3 users such as myself, at least). I understand that it might not be the most realistic car you will ever see, but it also isn't a full nightmare. Just my 5 cents.

True Niku. My main issues with it is the lack of driveline and the crap brakes on it. I will go out and just say this. I prefer a Suzuki Cappuccino over the 2X. At least the Cap acts like a proper car. Hell even the Toyota Aqua is a better vehicle. I know the power is massively different but I HATE the 2X. Try it on a track like Autumn Ring. Ughh.

I use a DS3 as well. DS3 club for life :D

Sorry MC. Won't hijack the thread any further :P

Ah yes, the eternal controversy that was the Shelby Daytona Coupe, with an electric engine of all possible things. You want to anger every single Shelby fan, you show them this right here... What were they thinking?

Most of that controversy came from kits that never received licensing approval, and there was also question as to who owned the intellectual property; Shelby the manufacturer or Pete Brock, the designer. Interestingly, we're seeing that same drama play out between Panoz, Nissan and the Deltawing.

If Shelby fans get upset about things like this, they're slapping Carroll in the face. Let the man's achievements stand and be appreciated. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sorry MC. Won't hijack the thread any further :P

We do not negotiate with terrorists. Unlike Sony.

Give me all your money!!

I'm broke. Again. Had about 5 mill, saw that you were going to thrash the Shelby, bought one immediately, took it to the Seca Seasonal and had a whale of a time with the AI in there.
The car's a bomb. Though it doesn't dance the way I want it to. Maybe tighten the springs, adjust the dampers . . . but then again, we're trying this out stock, right?

So I'm running it like crazy adding HP to it.

:D

Before my review is written, a sneak peek at what's to come. :D
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

.....What a beauty.

I almost bought another one. :crazy:

I love this car; thanks for bringing it to my attention again.
I did get the HP up - at great cost. Now my rigidity is 🤬 :mad:

Could someone also please tell me what the HP is new after an oil-change? I lost that record, and I don't want to buy another one to check - it's not re-sellable.

Moving my entire rig from where it was (wi-fi) to a cable connection in another part of the home. Chaos.
Hopefully I can set everything up before tonight's shenanigans.

Well . . . back to work.

Back