Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I wish I could vote, but since the time of the races isn't really compatible with my own...

Well, I'll just say this; whatever you answer might be, please do not lose sight of the fact that there are more Tomahawks than just the X. Yes, the X is a car that makes itself very hard to believe, but the S and the GTS-R can be somewhat believeable. And since you are people of wise minds, I'm sure you won't act in a agressively dumb manner (like some people I've seen on the Tomahawk thread), throwing random "insults" at the car for being unrealistic.

If we do this, it'll be with all 3 cars. If not, yet you want 3 races, I can throw three together no problem.

...throwing random "insults" at the car for being unrealistic.

Personal stabs aside, we're pretty good at insulting a car based on it's lack of merit (or with the Vectra, lack of everything). Anyone expecting total realism should build their own SRT, or have a sip from the Shut-the-Fah cup.

Personal stabs aside, we're pretty good at insulting a car based on it's lack of merit (or with the Vectra, lack of everything). Anyone expecting total realism should build their own SRT, or have a sip from the Shut-the-Fah cup.

Couldn't have put it better myself, really. It's just that all these "PD are wasting their time with the VGT project" insults do not take into account the contracts that PD made with these manufacturers, and the problems the studio already has (like perhaps the lack of personnel, for example). Of course, these "critics" fail to grasp that the blend of a PS4 Gran Turismo game being made as we speak and complicated release dates for these cars means that modelers aren't "wasting their time with this (VGT) hogwash", it means that PD's schedule is already complex and difficult enough to maintain, and they are struggling with priorities as a result. I would still like to know why don't these people work for PD, since they apparently know more about their work style than PD themselves, but there you go.

And I'll take note of that that cup gag, that one is brilliant. 👍

If it wasn't an all for one offer for the SRT's, I would say bring out the S and maybe the GTS-R at a stretch.

As it is, I'm gonna have to say nay.

Don't get me wrong, i like the X model, but the problem I have with racing it with you guys is there's only one place we can race that doesn't guarantee a multi car pile up and that's SSRX.

But the speeds we'll hit there will make the cars jump about on the other persons screen making safe slipstreaming impossible.

Couple that with the fact we'll be going from a Toyota Vitz to an SRT VGT which'll really screw our reaction times and you can see why I'm not 100% with going with the SRT's.

Maybe on a night that isn't race night we could drive them for kicks and giggles. :P

Well I do plan on racing tonight (or tomorrow if maintenance) so I will say this... it doesn't matter to me which cars are involved for the bonus race(s). I won all 3 of the new Tommy Guns so they're available. But even if you like, we could simply go somewhere and destroy these Toyota Pieces of Vitz as we've done to others in the past. (hint hint hint)

As for the recent conversation here, I absolutely LOVE the VGT project just as much as I've always loved concept cars. Realistic or not, they are possible glimpses of the future... and without them we wouldn't have some of the supercars of today. Maybe we should remind people that cars like the Miura were concepts, and look where that lead!

EDIT

My credit sucks, so I hope you can do something about financing that won't involve the loss of a child or limb... okay, so the loss-of-a-limb isn't optional...

Anytime anyone says something like this, I always think of this scene...

Cheers

Last edited:
I've only gotten the S myself, not going to waste precious time trying to bronze the other two seasonals (2,600 HP car on the Nordschleife?! And I thought the Red Bull fan car on Goodwood was dumb and aggravating) or spend the credits to buy the "super" versions of those cars, so a big fat "NO" from me.

Some want to drive the Tomahawk and some want to wreck the Vitz. Why not combine the two?

Example: Everybody pairs up into teams of two; one driver in the Tomahawk and the other in a Vitz. Drivers in the Tomahawk must help their Vitz team mate cross the line first and try to prevent the other Vitz's from finishing.

I can forsee me being one the Tomahawk drivers. :P:mischievous:

If we get the right numbers and the others are ok with driving tomahawks as well, it'll be a good compromise. ;)👍

Some want to drive the Tomahawk and some want to wreck the Vitz. Why not combine the two?

Example: Everybody pairs up into teams of two; one driver in the Tomahawk and the other in a Vitz. Drivers in the Tomahawk must help their Vitz team mate cross the line first and try to prevent the other Vitz's from finishing.

Ah, so a good 'ol game of Cat & Mouse.

Toyota Vitz F 2012 kinda a boring car with one gear and not very fast. With this car on some of the tracks it could only get up to about 70 or 80mph but you could carry quite a bit of speed into the corners and not run off the track. This car was definitely slow but added a lot of close battles and you had to pick and choose when to make your move on your opponent or lose your momentum and drop back in the pack. Personally I wouldn't touch this car again but would take the Honda Fit over this at the very beginning of GT.

What I enjoyed about the night was the bonus races and the Cat and Mouse game. It was fun to push the Vitz around with the Tomahawk X on the GT Arena and try and defend your mouse from the opposing team. It was a fun game mode but could have been competitive if the teams worked together a bit better but still a fun night. I look forward to next Tuesday to the next car or victim to the Car of The Week Races. Have a good weekend and to all the US Car of The Week members have a good Fourth of July.

I thought the cat and mouse race was going to be on a bigger, higher speed track but it was still fun. I was pretty out of it though, plus it was around 31 celsius in my room, forgot who I was supposed to push so pushed which ever Vitz was the front runner.

As for the car, a little bit understeery for my liking and not quite enough oomph in the engine. I've driven the 1.5 turbo version in real life though and that's quite a fun little car that is easy to break the speed limit in without realising.

I thought the cat and mouse race was going to be on a bigger, higher speed track but it was still fun. I was pretty out of it though, plus it was around 31 celsius in my room, forgot who I was supposed to push so pushed which ever Vitz was the front runner.

Lewis, it was vic that we were pushing in cat and mouse which we won the race because we had our vitz cross the line first but still it was fun doing that.

1.59.263 -330- VW New Beetle 2.0 '00
1.59.308 -337- Toyota Aqua S '11
1.59.592 -327- Toyota Vitz F '12
1.59.723 -332- Toyota Vitz 1.5 RS '07
1.59.944 -358- Corvette C1 Convertible (with 5 speed) '54

2.00.558 -329- Nissan Micra '03

So it can beat various cars of similar PP and is even slightly cool...

1.56.167 -347- Mazda Demio Sport '10
1.56.549 -350- Suzuki Swift Sport '07
1.56.732 -347- Mazda Demio Sport '10 (with manual 5 speed)

1.57.070 -343- Mini Cooper '02
1.57.373 -350- Honda Fit RS '10
1.57.423 -352- Peugeot 307 CC Premium '04
1.57.694 -344- Nissan March 12SR '07

1.58.053 -342- Mazda 2 '03
I highlighted the cars that aren't performance cars. And when you lose to a yellow car that handles like a van, the heaviest convertible of all time AND THE DEMIO... (I hate that demio) then you need to go home and make a car. Like the RS '02.

Have to say it was quite close in all the races, especially with a good number of fellow Vitz drivers.

You could say it was a...

Vitzkrieg :sly:

The racing was very close due to the Vitz having a CVT Transmission which took away the advantage which normally favoured the manual transmission users ( like myself :P).

No shifting gears means everyone could focus on getting the braking and turning down brilliantly.

The Vitz wasn't powerful at 97hp, but the CVT kept the car at peak power constantly and with a curbweight of less than a tonne, it got up and going decently enough.

I actually prefer using the CVT over the FC transmission as you don't need to adjust the gearing for a track, keeps you at peak power and no need for shifting gears at all.

No wonder that Williams F1 had experimented with CVT's back in the early 90's. :D

Unfortunately, the Vitz is in a pretty contested market and whilst it's cheaper than most, it just doesn't have the punch to take the fight to its rivals like the Mazda 2 and Honda Fit RS.

It's unfortunately a beater for not having the punch to fight its rivals ( or even a car from the same manufacturer, the Aqua S.)

But if you do get/have one then here's a few tips to make it better.

1: Keep the CVT
2: Add some form of forced induction
3: Shed some weight out

Tune to personal style and serve. :lol:

Verdict: Beater 👎:crazy:

I'll have a review up on the Tomahawks later on today.

Come on, Vic mate, "keep the CVT"? I thought you were a proper race driver. :lol:

Yes, the CVT transmission helps with keeping the car at peak revs all the time and it doesn't need tuning, but it takes all the fun away from driving a car. Not to mention it makes the Vitz sound like a drone that is on its last legs, which isn't cool. I'd rather have an automatic transmission, sharp and smooth, but it is your choice after all.

Last edited:
:guilty:
Come on, Vic mate, "keep the CVT"? I thought you were a proper race driver. :lol:

Yes, the CVT transmission helps with keeping the car at peak revs all the time and it doesn't need tuning, but it takes all the fun away from driving a car. Not to mention it makes the car sound like a drone that is on its last legs, which isn't cool. I'd rather have an automatic transmission, sharp and smooth, but it is your choice after all.

In a way I am, I using the best (mostly) parts that make the car faster and one of them just happens to be a CVT. :D

I remember @Lewis_Hamilton_ had a Mazda Demio Sport with the CVT and it was very quick at Suzuka.

I'll admit the droning could get annoying after awhile, but if that's the trade off for it being that little bit quicker I'll happily accept it. ;)

Then again, I have kept transmissions in some other cars if they were CVT's or proper functioning Automatics like the 02' SL500 as it'll be too easy swapping them for the FC transmission as well as removing some of that cars character. :P

Another advantage of the CVT transmission is that it levels out the COTW playing field quite a bit. The racing was more competitive this week, and even though the car itself was on the boring side (which was stated by the person that picked it) it did bring out the fun factor when you saw the results. EVERYBODY had a shot of winning, and that fact made me smile.

I and we have driven other CVT's in GT6, and I really can't think of one that's slower... but I'm probably wrong as I usually am at least once a day. It needs (as everybody agrees) more punch. So, I'm going to "Echo" everyone's opinion on this one ;), and call it a Beater. Even though the racing was fun, there's no way in hell I'll be changing my name to Baron Vitzkrieg Red... not in this or the next several lifetimes!

Cheers

:guilty:

In a way I am, I using the best (mostly) parts that make the car faster and one of them just happens to be a CVT. :D

I remember @Lewis_Hamilton_ had a Mazda Demio Sport with the CVT and it was very quick at Suzuka.

I'll admit the droning could get annoying after awhile, but if that's the trade off for it being that little bit quicker I'll happily accept it. ;)

Then again, I have kept transmissions in some other cars if they were CVT's or proper functioning Automatics like the 02' SL500 as it'll be too easy swapping them for the FC transmission as well as removing some of that cars character. :P

Fair enough mate, I was just jesting, so you don't have to take what I said that seriously. You know how I am; I love to jest around a bit. ;)

And all your points are valid, the CVT transmission advantanges are quite good if you know how to handle them.

Have to agree with all the beater verdicts this week. Understeer is to be expected from front drive cars, but when less than a 100 ponies are causing lateral grip issues, you know the car has problems.

As Lewis might say, "Even a 60's Alfa can beat it," as I proved with my fifth COTW win....although Bruno found a way to blitz the Vitz and make the last laps entertaining.

Here's hoping for something more interesting for next week's car!

Back