Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Did I missed anything? New guy joined here or someone else leaved like me?

Two words: Ted Thomas.

Sleeper. I had a ton of fun in the Renault. More then Christian Horner does. I nearly won two races BEFORE everyone else was on weaker tires.

I call my Avantime "The Boo Bus", in honor of Christian Horner and Sebastian Vettel, and the debacle that was #Mutli21. But it doesn't end there, Britney (Nico Rosberg) has also had a visit or two from the bus. I like it because there's still plenty of room for more.

Replays are uploading now, link to my YouTubes down below. (Giggitty)

Last edited:
Well "The Boo Bus" and you were on the ball on race night against "The Avantime By Vic" and yours truly. :)

Despite the Aforementioned Ted Thomas raising hell for us, the racing itself was,

A Van 'good' Time :lol::D

This one's a real standout, it's a MPV Coupe, on a race track.

Name another mainstream game that you can not only drive the Avantime, but customise it and tune it as well. :P

Early areas for concern were the 61-39 weight balance, the comfort soft tyres and the overall weight of over 1.7 tons. :crazy:

When it came to track manners however, it really surprised me and quite a few of us by not being not half bad.

The understeer was there, but not as much as the figures would make you believe.

The V6 pulled well, the changes from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th gears were quick and it disguised its weight remarkably well.

The only other possible car you could compare it to just because of the class of vehicle it is in will be the Honda Oydessy. ;)

It stock form, it's a sleeper, because it's not something you expect ( just like the Spanish Inquisition :D) to do well on a track.

In tuned form, it's got a lot of performance for its size despite my car having the least PP out of the group at 460PP.

The setup it had on took all the weight off and then added 105kgs of ballast to the back, tweaked the suspension, played around with the brake balance, modified the Differential and staggered the tyre compounds with Comfort Softs at the rear and Sports Hards out front. :P

End result? A car that had better Turn-In, less understeer and more predictability.

Sure there was some minor issue at high speed where the car would get a little squirrelly at the back due to the staggered tyres, but it's a compromise I'm fine with.

All in all, it's definitely good fun to drive with a half decent tune, but also not half bad in stock form either.

Verdict? Sleeper. ;)👍

A lot of "Sleeper" verdicts this week it seems, and you know, I would agree....except for the elephant in the room that no one has brought up, the price tag. If the Renault was in the 20-25k credit range I think this would be a pretty respectable, if unorthodox, choice of car. But for 50k credits you simply aren't getting enough car for what you paid for, especially when there are so many cars you could get in the high 400 PP range for that amount of digital money. The '07 Mazda Atenza/6 was brought up earlier, it's a 25k car with 25k type performance, I would absolutely choose it rather than spend twice as much on the Avantine. The Renault's not a beater by any means, but it doesn't give back enough for what you put into it for me to call it a Sleeper.

And I was definitely going to use the 6 as my regular "COTW vs COTW" selection in this week's races, unfortunately I didn't get to because in addition to the server issues we were all having, my modem decided that wasn't enough and started crapping out on me in the middle of the races we did manage to get off. I did however manage to get the Atenza over to Goodwood for the weekend and give my "First Win Car" it's 1:07.660 duration in the spotlight during the special celebration for Mazda.

Lots of fun last week, let's bring out this week's winner!

Congratulations ToyGTone!

Yay! I won for the second time!

Tell us what you've chosen!

I want a "boring" Japanese hatchback, maybe from a manufacture that sells mostly a lot of boring, bland and dull cars that bought by people who just want a random car and that's it. It also sells one of the most beloved car ever that claims to be healthy, everyone including car enthusiasts love it.
So I guess you all guessed it, the next week car is going to be...

%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%25A8%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2583%25B4%25E3%2582%25A3%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%2584+new+Toyota+Yaris+2011+%252819%2529.jpg

It's the 2012 Toyota Vitz F!

Small, boring (IMO), cheap looking and pretty much apply to almost every Toyota cars (well mostly).

Boring? Not with the right paint job.

Wow, check out the obnoxious-painted Vitz that Brad is rocking; that might blind Vic and cause him to have an accident during the online races... :lol:

As for the Vitz, I never drove it too much. Maybe because I tried to use the Honda Fit RS as much as possible, maybe because there were other similar cars that I enjoyed more. Still, it should be interesting...

...as it is spicy and is related to the Spice Girls.

Guess my Vitz will be getting a fresh paint job in the not so distant future. :P

Might be Chrome, might be Matte or even Variable Colour, but it's going to be bright by the end of it. :lol:

This maybe also the only car in GT6 that has a CVT gearbox that can also have a supercharger. 👍

Edit: where abouts in the 24hr stream was the COTW shoutout? ;)

Guess my Vitz will be getting a fresh paint job in the not so distant future. :P

Might be Chrome, might be Matte or even Variable Colour, but it's going to be bright by the end of it. :lol:

This maybe also the only car in GT6 that has a CVT gearbox that can also have a supercharger. 👍

Perfect, now Vic's car will also be able to blind cats and anger old British women. So much for being an unique idea, haha. :lol:

Also, is it true that the Vitz can take a Supercharger? Interesting, this car may have quite the potential behind it... I like superchargers, so the car already gets some bonus points for accepting one.

And I just realized; the picture that Brad choose for the car isn't a picture of the Vitz F, it's a picture of the Vitz RS! You did it again, American... :lol:

The first Toyota Vitz hit the road in Japan beginning in January of 1999. In the USA, it was known as the Echo up until 2005, and then the Yaris hatchback took over for the 2006 model year.

The Toyota Vitz F '12 in GT6 comes with a 1.3L engine, unavailable in the USA, which puts out 92 hp / 6,000 rpm and 89 ft-lbs / 4,000 rpm. Weight is just under a ton, at 990 kg (2,183 lbs) and the car is rated at 327 PP.

At Mid-Field on Comfort Softs, the car is capable of running a 1:38 best lap, with a top speed of 100 mph on the downhill section, and 99 mph on the front straight.

Cars within +/- half a second:

1:38.493 - 332 - Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07
1:38.651 - 384 - Mini Marcos GT '70
1:38.660 - 340 - Honda Accord Coupe '88
1:38.670 - 327 - Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03
1:38.728 - 330 - Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0 '00
1:38.734 - 346 - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67
1:38.794 - 341 - Toyota Voltz S '02
1:38.831 - 328 - Honda Fit W '01
1:38.952 - 338 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
1:38.969 - 331 - Citroën C3 1.6 '02
1:38.989 - 327 - Toyota Vitz F '12
1:38.997 - 331 - Volkswagen Lupo1.4 '02
1:39.325 - 342 - Honda Odyssey '03
1:39.423 - 328 - Honda Insight LS '09

Closest rivals would be the:

1:35.687 - 347 - Mazda Demio Sport '10
1:36.294 - 350 - Honda Fit RS '10
1:37.699 - 337 - Toyota Aqua S '11

All which are significantly faster than the Vitz. Without knowing the prices offhand, I'm still going to call this car a beater. At least it's over 5.5 seconds quicker than the original Vitz F '99...

The first Toyota Vitz hit the road in Japan beginning in January of 1999. In the USA, it was known as the Echo up until 2005, and then the Yaris hatchback took over for the 2006 model year.

The Toyota Vitz F '12 in GT6 comes with a 1.3L engine, unavailable in the USA, which puts out 92 hp / 6,000 rpm and 89 ft-lbs / 4,000 rpm. Weight is just under a ton, at 990 kg (2,183 lbs) and the car is rated at 327 PP.

At Mid-Field on Comfort Softs, the car is capable of running a 1:38 best lap, with a top speed of 100 mph on the downhill section, and 99 mph on the front straight.

Cars within +/- half a second:

1:38.493 - 332 - Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07
1:38.651 - 384 - Mini Marcos GT '70
1:38.660 - 340 - Honda Accord Coupe '88
1:38.670 - 327 - Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03
1:38.728 - 330 - Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0 '00
1:38.734 - 346 - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67
1:38.794 - 341 - Toyota Voltz S '02
1:38.831 - 328 - Honda Fit W '01
1:38.952 - 338 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
1:38.969 - 331 - Citroën C3 1.6 '02
1:38.989 - 327 - Toyota Vitz F '12
1:38.997 - 331 - Volkswagen Lupo1.4 '02
1:39.325 - 342 - Honda Odyssey '03
1:39.423 - 328 - Honda Insight LS '09

Closest rivals would be the:

1:35.687 - 347 - Mazda Demio Sport '10
1:36.294 - 350 - Honda Fit RS '10
1:37.699 - 337 - Toyota Aqua S '11

All which are significantly faster than the Vitz. Without knowing the prices offhand, I'm still going to call this car a beater. At least it's over 5.5 seconds quicker than the original Vitz F '99...

Allow me to help with the pricing. :)

Honda Fit RS - 17.000CR
Mazda Demio Sport - 16.200CR
Toyota Vitz F - 13.000CR
Toyota Aqua S - 17.900CR

Lots of fun last week, let's bring out this week's winner!

Congratulations ToyGTone!

Yay! I won for the second time!

Tell us what you've chosen!

I want a "boring" Japanese hatchback, maybe from a manufacture that sell mostly a lot of boring, bland and dull cars that bought by people who just want a random car and that's it. It also sells one of the most beloved car ever that claims to be healthy, everyone including car enthusiasts love it.

%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%25A8%25E3%2582%25BF%25E3%2583%25B4%25E3%2582%25A3%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%2584+new+Toyota+Yaris+2011+%252819%2529.jpg

It's the 2012 Toyota Vitz F!

Small, boring (IMO), cheap looking and pretty much apply to almost every Toyota cars (well mostly).

Boring? Not with the right paint job.

You skip a lot of lines....
I want a small, underpowered hatchback. I want a "boring" Japanese hatchback, maybe from a manufacture that sell mostly a lot of boring, bland and dull cars that bought by people who just want a random car and that's it. It also sells one of the most beloved car ever that claims to be healthy, everyone including car enthusiasts love it.

The Bold lines is some of the missing ones from the quote, i know some lines shouldn't be here but this one needs to be quote...

What am i doing even? it took it so seriously...
----------------------------------------------------------
Is that image even an F model? It clearly looks so much better than the cheap crap F model. Are you sure this is a F Yaris and not a RS Yaris? :P

Allow me to help with the pricing. :)

Honda Fit RS - 17.000CR
Mazda Demio Sport - 16.200CR
Toyota Vitz F - 13.000CR
Toyota Aqua S - 17.900CR

Well, the pricing does give the Yaris an economical advantage, as it allows you to get more tuning parts for your car. But the Yaris gets outrun by an Aqua of all things, which isn't quite an usual feature, if you know what I mean. However, the Demi undercuts the Aqua in price by a thousand or so credits, and it's faster than both cars.

Of course, the most important thing of all is this; which car does PD invariably force down the player's throat when starting the game?

...thought so. ;) :lol:

...as it is spicy and is related to the Spice Girls.

You also have to get with her friends. Apparently she's cool with it.

About 6 hours before the end.

And I just realized; the picture that Brad choose for the car isn't a picture of the Vitz F, it's a picture of the Vitz RS! You did it again, American...

I used what was available. RS stands for Reasonably Sweaty, while F stands for Flaccid. Hence why there are no decent photos for the F. Stop being so picky.

You skip a lot of lines...

If you want to make an omelet...

You also have to get with her friends. Apparently she's cool with it.

Quite, you could easily get along with her friends for some fun and games, the more the merrier. As people say...

I used what was available. RS stands for Reasonably Sweaty, while F stands for Flaccid. Hence why there are no decent photos for the F. Stop being so picky.

Sorry, no can do, that's how I roll when it comes to JDM cars. You gotta be accurate man; would you enjoy if I named Sauber as "Force India" instead? You know that wouldn't fly...

Also, I'm just kidding around, so don't be concerned over my words being wrong, I wrote them in that way on purpose. :lol:

Sorry, no can do, that's how I roll when it comes to JDM cars. You gotta be accurate man; would you enjoy if I named Sauber as "Force India" instead? You know that wouldn't fly...

Ya know, I slave all week over this thread, while you just come home and plop on the couch, drinking beers and yelling at the kids. I want a divorce.

Also, I'm just kidding around, so don't be concerned over my words being wrong, I wrote them in that way on purpose.

Oh... nevermind then.

Ya know, I slave all week over this thread, while you just come home and plop on the couch, drinking beers and yelling at the kids. I want a divorce.

Oh... nevermind then.

Come on Brad, you know that is how I work. I'll describe this using a media reference that very few will get; I behave just like the famed Japanese animated series, "Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ". One half of me begins by being very incoherent, strange and will try very hard to be funny while everyone else just scratches their head, saying "The hell is wrong with you?". Then, my other half kicks in, with a very serious demeanor, making you question life as a whole and killing those who you hold the dearest for drama's sake.

Er... that's it bar the killing bit, as my last name is not Tomino I cannot use that gimmick for my personality. Still, the rest holds just fine. :lol:

So, about that Yaris...

A lot of "Sleeper" verdicts this week it seems, and you know, I would agree....except for the elephant in the room that no one has brought up, the price tag. If the Renault was in the 20-25k credit range I think this would be a pretty respectable, if unorthodox, choice of car. But for 50k credits you simply aren't getting enough car for what you paid for, especially when there are so many cars you could get in the high 400 PP range for that amount of digital money.

I must admit I never even gave the pricetag a second thought... but hey I'm a multi-millionaire in the game. Another thing is 50k isn't all that bad considering we have driven a million cr. SUV. :lol: ;)

Cheers

Majority rule:

SRT Tomahawk(s) BONUS race tonight... yeah or nay?

The X REALLY kinda made me hate these cars. If you guys want to, I'll honor that and we'll have a few BONUS races. If not, I can slap together some other race(s) (w/o SRTs) as a bonus for this week.

Please do not vote if you do not plan on attending tonight. Also, in case of maintenance (i.e. if most can't logon because the servers are down) we will race on Wednesday. Plan on tonight, prepare in case we have to postpone.

Allow me to help with the pricing.
blah - numbers
blah - numbers
blah - numbers

My credit sucks, so I hope you can do something about financing that won't involve the loss of a child or limb... okay, so the loss-of-a-limb isn't optional...

Welp, the Ford GT was nice when we had it. But now we're back to our regularly scheduled programming here on "Beater or Sleeper: Front Drive Hatchback of the Week." :P

I think both the Yellow Bird and Avantime take exception to that comment. Where else are you going to find a luxury performance van like the Avantime? The GT was scary, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't balls-in-throat scary like the Yellow Bird.

Last edited:
Back