Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

:cheers::cheers:It's time to consider how we should carry on COTW. I've got three ideas on how we could go about this, but of course I wanna hear everyone else's ideas! Anyway, here's mine...

1. We carry on GT6 after online dies. Sure, we won't be able to race together, but at least we'll have Free Run to set lap times, post photographic evidence here, write reviews, etc. And plus there are still like 900+ cars here for us to review, so no shortage of content!

2. McClarenDesign sets up GTS COTW. Being his baby, he might want to take it into the PS4 era. Espeically since he led it through GT5 and most of GT6. If he wanted to do that, I'd have no problem.

3. Be patient, and know that good things come to those who wait. I am saving up for a PS4, got about $250 put aside atm, and I can also trade in some of my never used games to further reduce the cost. You guys can sit tight for a bit, can't you?

Like I said, keen to hear thoughts. In the meantime I have a new car for you all...[/QUOTE]

My suggestion would be to assign someone to run GT Sport (like @Vic Reign93 runs Forza Motorsport 7) when @Nismonath5 or @McClarenDesign is ready to run it. Let's be fair about it, if 20 people (including the leader) was ready, should they wait on a couple people? A good leader has faith and trust in his/her members during their absence.
Im a retired law enforcement officer. I tend to be very blunt. We took leadership skills very seriously and had to have trust in the chain of command. This is just a video game. Shouldn't be that complicated. :::drops the mic:::

Cheers

:cheers::cheers:It's time to consider how we should carry on COTW. I've got three ideas on how we could go about this, but of course I wanna hear everyone else's ideas! Anyway, here's mine...

1. We carry on GT6 after online dies. Sure, we won't be able to race together, but at least we'll have Free Run to set lap times, post photographic evidence here, write reviews, etc. And plus there are still like 900+ cars here for us to review, so no shortage of content!

2. McClarenDesign sets up GTS COTW. Being his baby, he might want to take it into the PS4 era. Espeically since he led it through GT5 and most of GT6. If he wanted to do that, I'd have no problem.

3. Be patient, and know that good things come to those who wait. I am saving up for a PS4, got about $250 put aside atm, and I can also trade in some of my never used games to further reduce the cost. You guys can sit tight for a bit, can't you?

Like I said, keen to hear thoughts. In the meantime I have a new car for you all...

My suggestion would be to assign someone to run GT Sport (like @Vic Reign93 runs Forza Motorsport 7) when @Nismonath5 or @McClarenDesign is ready to run it. Let's be fair about it, if 20 people (including the leader) was ready, should they wait on a couple people? A good leader has faith and trust in his/her members during their absence.
Im a retired law enforcement officer. I tend to be very blunt. We took leadership skills very seriously and had to have trust in the chain of command. This is just a video game. Shouldn't be that complicated. :::drops the mic:::

Cheers[/QUOTE]
Dammit, i cant even figure out how to reply to certain sections oif a post.

So I know the Americans have had their daylight savings, have you guys gone forward an hour or back an hour?

Ok so this’ll likely be the magnum opus for me in terms of number of reviews as my last write up reviews was back in early December and we’ve driven many cars since then.

Now here we in mid-March and only 10 days away from the final encore of GT6 Online, Better late than never I guess. :P

Let’s start where my previous write up left off, but also include the weeks pick after it, The 2007 Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT and the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 race car.

In the early 2000’s, the R34 Skyline GT-R went out of production and the Skyline name and the GT-R emblem went their separate ways with the Skyline name now pretty much a Japan only deal with Infiniti rebadging them as G35’s(or whatever engine size you picked.) and the GT-R emblem was resigned to the GT-R Concept car.

Until 2007, When the Nissan R35 GT-R debuted with a 3.8 V6 Twin Turbo and 4wd, few years later the GT-R entered the world of GT1 and GT3 Racing.

While still japan only, the Skyline was now holding its own in the Sport Luxury class, Now with a 3.7 NA V6 making around 330hp it hasn’t forgotten where it’s famous name’s reputation came from and it’s still looking for a fight. :D

The 370GT handled brilliantly at Suzuka where I also won my first handicap race with everyone getting a 10 second head start on me.

Yes it was heavy at 1,660kg, but that’s still lighter than the SpecV and Nismo GT-R’s and the weight balance and suspension were set up beautifully so I could drive fast in confidence.

So as it stands, I’d liked this more grown up Skyline quite abit, It’s still got it. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

The other side of the R34 split, the Nismo GT-R GT3 has 542hp from its GT3 spec twin turbo V6 and weighing 1,350kgs due to a complete weight reduction and the loss of 4wd, It also got slick tyres, front splitter and a huge rear wing in the deal.

Handling was on the understeery side as the huge rear wing produced more downforce than the the front, but could be managed with some finesse.

Producing a great battle at Le Mans against @Nismonath5 which almost went the whole 3 lap distance until he ran wide and tagged the wall later on in the 3rd lap.

I’d consider the GT-R GT3 a Neutral, but more importantly, it’s a defining point for the Skyline and GT-R names.

For a long time, Skyline and GT-R were THE automotive double act you wanted and many Skyline GT-R’s of many vintages are still sought after today.

These days even though the names haven’t officially shown up on the same car again, they both have been busy in their respective markets.

In a way, The Skyline is the proud parent and the GT-R is his successful son carrying on the legacy he started. 👍

GT-R GT3 verdict: Neutral

After that, COTW moved on to some AutoX honed american muscle, The Pozzi Motorsport 1973 Chevy Camaro RS.

Another of the GT Award winners, Mary Pozzi’s Autocross Camaro is the quintessential Pro tourer with a 6.6 Chevy V8 making just under 500hp, updated brakes, suspension, tyres and weighing under 1500kgs.

Mine was dressed up like another well known Camaro of similar vintage, The F Bomb Camaro which cameoed in the finale of the 4th Fast & Furious movie, But was also known as one of the earlier cars to be a street driven car that could tear up a drag strip with a Twin Turbo V8 making around 1500hp.

The Pozzi ‘Maro isn’t cheap at 750k or 2 GT-R GT3’s plus a Lancer 1600 GSR rally car, But was it worth the entry fee?

Short answer, yes, but there’s a catch.

It’s not one you buy if you want a good bang for your buck ( or pyrotechnics for your pound :sly:), but if you just want a well sorted classic muscle car that can handle then it’s up there with the Trans Cammer and Red Devil.

Verdict: Sleeper;)👍

After this, We had our yearly award show where the banter was good and winners were humble, one of which was the Sleeper of the year, the plucky EG model Honda Civic. :cheers:

It also gave Nismo a chance at redemption after our epic dead heat duel at Bathurst, first we recreated the circumstances with me on CM tyres and him on CS tyres, this time he won by around 5 seconds so I proposed an offer.

One more race, same tyres, both start at the front, the 3rd and final chapter in the Bathurst Civic Trilogy. :D

Like the 1st time, It was very close between us lap after lap while captalising on any small mistake anyone of us made, even running side by side going into the Chase at least 3 times. :eek:

In the end, 1.1 seconds was the difference in my favour, but a worthy finale to our trilogy(unlike The Godfather 3:lol:)

We had plenty of other good races with the Civic that night, after which we went and enjoyed our own New Years celebrations. :cheers:

New year and a new car to start with, the Concept version of what would later become the Suzuki Swift, the Concept S2.

The S2 was an absolute hoot to drive as it had a close ratio 6 speed and weighed just under a ton IIRC.

The Swift Sport was brought out during the night, but was beat down by the S2, So did the New Beetle Cup, but that put up a better fight. :P

Only complaint was the lack of a limited slip diff, but aside from that it handled brilliantly on and off road.

Next up was the Alfa Romeo Guilla Sprint Speciale from 1963.

COTW veteran @JackRyanWMU always had this car on standby when we ran lower spec machines and after driving it ourselves, we saw why. :)

Bertone styled, 110hp from a 1.6 twin cam 4 cylinder and weighing 950kgs, it was just a good to drive work of art. :drool:

It handles great and the smooth body allowed it to be decently brisk on the straights, more than what it’s 110hp let’s on.

Jack was WAY ahead of us in driving this thing, but save to say his choice to pick it was vindicated after that night of racing. ;)

From 4 passionate Italian cylinders to 12 smooth British cylinders with the 2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage.

While it was heavy at just under 1.7 tons, it was packing 510hp from its 5.9 litre engine and sticker price of 217k.

And while you normally see this thing dead last in the supercar festival, We were really wringing it’s neck out this week and even ran a 25 lap mini endurance race at Brands Hatch Indy with faster fuel/tyre wear.

That battle was contested by me and Y and that came down to half a second at the end in his favour, I suspect an early off by me was what cost me as he just got out in front of me when he pitted first. :P

But the car was a trooper, didn’t try to kill me and was surprisingly ok on fuel too. :D

Another Sleeper Verdict. 👍

(Oh Vic you know your procrastination would cause this long write up didn’t you? :crazy:)

Next up was the one from the 20 million club courtesy of who else but @Baron Blitz Red :lol:

It was the Ferrari 330 P4, you know the GOOD 20 million Ferrari. :sly:

With a 4 litre V12 making 450hp in a car weighing just under 800kgs, It’s definitely a lot quicker than the 250 GTO.

It was a well planted machine if treated with respect, but could easily turn on you if it wasn’t.

Of course as was shown by Nismo, there was some corner cutting with the visuals like the inside of the wheels. :P

But despite that, you can really enjoy the 330 P4 as both a collectors piece and as a racer, something you can’t properly do with the 250 GTO. (Ok I’ll stop ragging on the GTO. :sly:)

Verdict: Neutral (because 20 million for crying out loud.:lol:)

From Italy to the Land down under, Australia and an Aussie namesake.

The 2004 Holden Commodore SS.

Powered by a Corvette 5.7 V8, the Commodore was almost identical spec wise to the Nissan Skyline 370GT, 328hp and 1,658kgs, but the SS has 4 extra PP over the 370GT, plus 2 extra doors. ;)

The standard SH tyres do give it the grip, but maybe a touch too much on the rear tyres so I tested CS tyres out back and it woke the car up even more, at least for me. :D

Around this time, we started using Discord to talk and that brings with it the taunts and such which added another layer to the friendly rivalry between me and Nismo.

Prime example? The Commodores at Laguna Seca. :lol:

Gearing was short for the first 4 gears, 5th was a bit longer and 6th was never needed, suspension was soft, but not jelly like which servered well when we went rallying at Toscana where I took down an Evo X in its element and the stock exhaust note was quite nice. ;)

Shame Australia wasn’t better represented as it was in GT4 where you had FPV, granted 2 extra cars is hardly mind blowing, but the thought counts. 👍

So does this thought, The Commodore is a Sleeper. ;)👍

Next up was the car that finally made the cross over to premium spec in GT Sport, the 1997 Toyota Supra RZ. 👍

With the Legendary 2JZ 3.0 Inline 6 twin turbo up front making 276hp(There’s no quotations big enough to emphasis my point.:sly:) and a 6 speed gearbox sending power to the back, there’s not much to say about the Supra that hasn’t already been said about it so i’ll say this.

Drives good, stops well(ish) and could do with a weight balance adjustment to reduce understeer.

The standout event was again at Brands Hatch, this time on the GP layout and the challange was our twist on the One Lap Magic events from GT4.

Me and Nismo had the GT500 Supras and everyone else drove the normal Supra with a 30 second headstart, plus we all had SH tyres and on top of that me and Nismo had to make one pit stop during the 5 lap race.

Sound impossible? almost was as I passed the front runners on the last turn on the final lap. :eek:

So Supra: Sleeper 👍
GT500 Supra: Sleeper (why not?:lol:

I’m saving the X2014 Jnr for the last double review so let’s jump to the Acura RSX Type S

A slightly tamer Integra Type R so Neutral verdict and moving on. :P

On to the BMW 330i, a step up from the normal 4 cylinder models with its 254hp 3.0 Straight 6 and was the flagship 3 Series model until the M3 debuted with the 4.0 V8. :bowdown:

Stock sound was pretty dull, but handled quite nicely, enough for me to snipe another victory from Nismo at Eiger. :D

While it didn’t wow me, it also beat my expectations that it would be too subdued to be a sleeper.

So to that end, I’m gonna call it a Sleeper, but only just. :P

Back to Japan for the final 3 cars and we’ll start with the Honda Intergra Type R Touring Car.

A more hardcore version of the Integra Type R so Sleeper Verdict and moving on. :D

We now come to the Red Bull X racers and we have both the least powerful and the most powerful variants, the X2014 Jr and the X2011 Prototype respectively.

We’ll start with the Jr and it’s 258hp 2.0 litre engine, easily underpowered for its PP level of 728(:drool:).

But the brilliance of the Jr is you spend most of the time on full throttle as like the other RBX cars it has incredible levels of grip, like you can go around Deep Forest and stay on the throttle for about 90% of it without issue.

Of course as Nismo almost found out to his cost, it’s best to avoid the kerbs at high speeds as it can unsettle the Jr quite easily.

But if you trust it, you can really overcome its power deficit to other similar PP machines or pass 2 people on one turn, one on the outside and the other on the inside in one move. :sly:

Overall, It’s arguable the best of the RBX series in some eyes because it’s both approachable and fun to drive for all skill levels.

And the X2011 is from a power standpoint, the king of the RBX castle at 1634hp, but the stock downforce levels means you can’t tackle the corners with the same level of confidence as the Jr, granted you’re going nearly twice as quick as what the Jr can do stock.

But that low downforce should mean a high top speed right? Yes over 300mph, but it’s the gearing that stops you, not aerodynamic drag.

While by itself it’s 6 million price puts it on par with the rest of the RBX Fan Cars(Personnaly the 2010 S. Vettel is the one I take as that has more suited gearing and downforce.), It’s 5 million more expensive than the newcomer which undermines the X2011, Its 4 letters and one word.

S R T Tomahawk X:P

Yep, it’s MUCH more powerful, MUCH cheaper and more spectacular to drive and see at work.

So in a VGT less world, The X2011 is Neutral, but in a VGT filled world, It’s a Beater by comparison.

Verdict: Beater 👎

So here we are again Vic, pulling a near all nighter to do this, but i’m now back up to date and I feel better for it or maybe that’s me needing to hit the hay and grab some Zzzzzzzz. :P

Well folks, this week will be the second to last COTW meet ever. (On GT6 at least, duh!)

Because of this there will be no car for this week, rather we will do some races in the previous COTY's. Those are...
'04 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V,
'71 Nissan Fairlady 280Z-L 2 seater, (I picked one Z car to represent them all)

'61 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto,
'95 Honda Civic EG SiR II.

So be sure to have these cars on hand and ready for the night, we'll do races in all of them. For these last couple of meets, I would like to put out the invite to all the members of days gone by to join us as we say goodbye to GT6. Including but not limited to..
@JackRyanWMU @MidFieldMaven @Baron Blitz Red @Lewis_Hamilton_ @Niku Driver HC @RobboGTAddict @RacingOtaku86 @Cowboy @Obelisk and of course @McClarenDesign as well as any others I missed or who other veterans may know from before I joined COTW. Let's make the closing chapter of GT6 COTW truly awesome!!!

Last edited:
I really want to, there's a few old rooms/groups I want to have a last drive with, but I simply can't.

There's supposed to be 4 managers at my workplace, but 2 are off until April and the other quit last week, so that leaves me on my own. Sixteen hour shifts with multiplied workloads, oh it's been wonderful!

Good to hear from you Lewis, it's been a long time. Hopefully you can join us sometime or eventually GTS.

Good news!!! I have internet now, so all my vids have been uploaded! I'm publishing them gradually though, didn't want to do 23 videos all at once and swamp everyone's newsfeeds, rather I'm doing about 3 videos a day, so keep checking back on my channel to see them! At the moment I've uploaded our races in the BMW 330i and one from our time in the Integra Type R TC.

Also, if anyone's keen for a last hurrah meet up either tonight, tomorrow or a bit earlier than usual on Tuesday, let me know! I plan on being there for and recording the very minute the servers shutdown, so if you guys wish to join me for that, also let me know! this is our last chance to jam together on GT6, and I'll be free for most of it so let's get together and race!

My first chance to be available enough to play is on our Tuesday night racing because Im working up until then. If we are not meeting up around are normal time on Tuesday night then I'm afraid it's farewell to GT6 and COTW for me.

Looking at time zones, the servers shut down at 1pm NZ time (for context, that's 2 1/2 hours before I create the lobbies usually). So I guess sadly so @Rinsky, though obviously if anyone else is able to have a race or two before the death of the servers...

Well, I thought the servers were due to die like an hour ago, but here they are. So anyways, I'll be online from now until whenever if you guys wish to join me for one last ride.

Well it's sad we didn't do one last meet last night. Servers just went down a few hours ago here.
It's been fun and it was great meeting and getting to know everyone in this group.
I have put GT6 back in its case as it hasn't been out of the PS3 in a year and the console is getting put up as well. It's only GTS and the PS4 living under the TV now.
Hopefully it won't be long before we all regroup on the PS4.

It was truly a pleasure racing with you guys.

Well it's sad we didn't do one last meet last night. Servers just went down a few hours ago here.
It's been fun and it was great meeting and getting to know everyone in this group.
I have put GT6 back in its case as it hasn't been out of the PS3 in a year and the console is getting put up as well. It's only GTS and the PS4 living under the TV now.
Hopefully it won't be long before we all regroup on the PS4.

It was truly a pleasure racing with you guys.

We did meet up last night for one last time on GT6. There were some good racing going on and remembering all the fun we had. Before we all got off for the last time on GT6, we did one lap cruise for a photo shoot. Overall it was a good last night on GT6.

Also if anyone is interested, we can meet up on Tuesdays nights on GTS and race as we wait for more cars and tracks on GTS.

Due to us getting our time zones mixed up, a few of us did manage to squeeze in one last 3-hour long final bash together. No set car, I just kept changing the regs to things that would make for nice close action packed racing. As @Racer283 mentioned, we topped it off with a photoshoot and sort of lap of honour around the Mid-Field circuit, silently reflecting on the races, the battles, the drivers and memories made over the club's 5 year history. (Or at least I was. @Draggon could have been headbanging to hardcore death metal for all I know)

I also recorded about 3/4 of the lobby live, so expect to see that coming soon to my channel. Once my surplus of videos is all uploaded I'll post them here (Which may take a few posts since the limit of vids per post is 5), as well as pics from the aforementioned photo shoot.

But now that GT6 is dead, I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for making COTW what it was. After 5 years, well over 240 cars reviewed, raced and mercilessly thrashed, here we are at the end. It's been fun. Amazing, isn't it, when you think about the fact that the only reason we've been doing this is for fun. There's no monetary gain, very little fame to be earned, and I doubt we'll be getting pro race contracts with teams as a result of our time here. And yet because it was such fun, we came back, week in, week out, for years, making room in our otherwise busy lives to have fun. Hopefully you all have a heap of memories from the club, I have about 470 replays stored away, and well over 900 photos! Thanks especially to @McClarenDesign for starting it all, plus @Vic Reign93 and @Draggon for covering for me when I was unavaliable.

I'd also like to put out a special mention to @Baron Blitz Red. Most of you know him as the club's resident badass, first ever Hall Of Fame inductee and all round great guy, but the fact is he is also my mentor. When I started out back in 2015, it was him who gave me a particularly warm welcome, plus he even took time out of his week to give me some racing practise aside from COTW meets until I wasn't totally hopeless. For that, I'm truly grateful.

Thank you of course to all our regulars over the course of the five years, there's too many to name (plus I would end up missing those from before my time anyway) so I won't bother, you know who you are. Of course, I am still saving up my dollars for a PS4 and GT Sport, so until then, it's been an absolute privilege racing with you fine people, and hopefully we will all meet again. Cheers. :cheers:

(Closing this post with my favourite historic clips from COTW's past)

Okay, it's finally done. (Heads up tons of pics!!!)

It's taken a few weeks, but I've finally finished uploading all the rest of the COTW content from the pre-finale and the surprise grand finale some of us were lucky enough to have. I'm not going to post all the videos here, doing so would take up about 6 posts (Since GTP limits you to 5 videos per post) but here's the link to my Car Of The Week playlist. You'll find the new vids and the rest of the not so new ones there.
And here's the link to the last ever COTW meeting, which I recorded live. Check that out whenever you miss the feeling of what a typical COTW meeting was like. That'll bring on some nostalgia in a few years!

Anyways, there's one more thing I'll post here. And that's the pictures from the last ever meet.

Fuji Speedway GT.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT_1.jpg Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg Fuji Speedway GT_3.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT_4.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT_5.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT_6.jpg Fuji Speedway GT_8.jpg Fuji Speedway GT_9.jpg Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_8.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_10.jpg
Autumn Ring.jpg
Autumn Ring_1.jpg
Autumn Ring_4.jpg
Autumn Ring_5.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg Tsukuba Circuit_2.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
Eiger Nordwand K Trail.jpg
Eiger Nordwand K Trail_1.jpg
Eiger Nordwand K Trail_2.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)_.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__1.jpg Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__2.jpg

The last ever GT6 COTW race... (And my last victory!)
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

And of course, those who attended the last meet did a finale photo shoot to reflect on the years we've had together. So at the end of nearly five years of banter, racing, beaters and sleepers, here is...
Car Of The Week - The Last Lap
(Featuring myself, @Vic Reign93, @Draggon, @Racer283, and Monty.
Mid-Field Raceway_24.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_23.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_22.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_21.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_20.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_19.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_18.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_17.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_16.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_14.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_15.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_13.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_12.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_11.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_1.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_2.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_3.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_4.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_5.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_6.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway_7.jpg

See you all in GTS. Hopefully soon.

Attachments

• Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg
    Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__3.jpg
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 18
C9813488-2A65-4460-9C39-44317253981F.jpeg

The final moment before GT6 COTW finished and my last words were rather fitting. :P

To everyone here I like to thank you for the last few years of great camaraderie, banter, insight and above all else, some great freaking racing. :D:tup:

I’m sure when we’re all on PS4, GT COTW will return and we’ll have plenty of new cars to put through the BoS grinder. ;)

View attachment 729614
The final moment before GT6 COTW finished and my last words were rather fitting. :P

That's gold right there. :cheers:

Reading those messages took me right back to COTW days.

View attachment 729614

To everyone here I like to thank you for the last few years of great camaraderie, banter, insight and above all else, some great freaking racing. :D:tup:

I’m sure when we’re all on PS4, GT COTW will return and we’ll have plenty of new cars to put through the BoS grinder. ;)

Good opportunity to mention my thanks to all who raced with me in days of yore - too many to mention and I'm afraid I may leave someone out - you guys were great with your patience and awesome racing skills, and I not only enjoyed myself for hours online in the COTW lobbies (as well as McD's 'casual racing' rooms) but learned so much about racing - a lot better than I would have racing alone.
The camaraderie and humour only added to the fun - even with the racing being as seriously competitive (and sportsmanlike) as it comes.

May COTW be resurrected one day - with all its great atmosphere and traditions - in GTS eventually. COTW (apart from the stunning reviews in this GTPlanet GT6 thread) was predominantly online and with online now taken down that seems to be next natural step - a thread created, reviews done, and weekly meetings held in a lobby under the COTW banner in the next iteration.
I remember when McD ran series that occasionally one or another of us (and not McD) hosted because of occasional hosting problems.
There were times we had to all quit and recreate a new room.
There will be teething problems, of course, but - if it is possible to create private lobbies - there is nothing to stop the project from moving on to GTS and picking up from there.
Maybe not as many cars as GT6 - and applying 'beater/sleeper' to some of the cars may be iffy - but all it takes is around 4 - 5 COTW members to start it off and build from there.
Obviously, first, a thread in the GTS Forums (if there isn't already one) and a start off on reviews before a lobby is made, would be a beginning.

Hoping to race with my former buddies again in the future - and again - thanks for all the good times. :cheers:

H.

Forgive me for my late reply as I've been under the weather lately, as the saying goes...

For the past few years here within this thread, my friendships with seemingly countless amounts of people has grown to the point of calling these people family... this point, for me anyways, was driven home when I had a "sudden" departure and was MIA for a little while. During my recovery process, I awoke to realise that people I've never met in person cared enough to express their concern for my Houdini act. THAT was just one instance where I knew I was home...

I'm just another person in a slew of people within these 230+ pages of memories that has grown in more ways than one. GT6 was my "stepping stone" into the fray of online racing... sure I had YEARS of racing experience over numerous consoles and as many PC's over the years, but as we all know, that's nothing when racing actual people driving these virtual weapons.

Thanks to the people here, and other threads of course found here on :gtpflag:, I learned the hard way I wasn't as good as I thought I was. I had a fairly rough start with my awareness while racing... as @McClarenDesign can attest to. After a proper "verbal tuning", I decided to dedicate myself to improving my racecraft with the help of many. It is thanks to these many people, with their wisdom and selfless acts of sharing of their knowledge and opinions, that I improved to the point of becoming a part of the awesome memories and epic battles fought on the surfaces of the famous tracks within the world of Gran Turismo. THANK YOU!!! You people made me the person I am on the track.

I will be eternally grateful to ALL of you. :bowdown:

Cheers

Helloooooo.... Is there anybody out there....? :boggled:

Where has the time gone, eh? Seems like only a few weeks ago we toured the Mid field raceway for the last time, but it was indeed months ago.
I just thought I'd post a bit of an update, bit of bittersweet but here goes...

1. I've given up on getting a PS4, at least for now. Turns out noone wants to hire an 18 year old, perfect background, no criminal record, the whole 9 yards... They'd rather go with the 19 year old pot smoker who's never going to make it past 3 months. :mad: So anyway, my rather extended search of emplyoment is kinda dragging, and the money at my current job isn't exactly much for life savings.. I'm paying my bills, but that's about it.

This means that COTW isn't coming to GTS, at least not yet, or not under my leadership. I'd be happy for @Obelisk to get things started, but I know he's also got the Forza COTW on his hands. If anyone else is interested in starting things over on GTS, then just flick me a PM and I'll decide if you're leader-worthy material... ;) Don't worry, @McClarenDesign was the leader for most of it, so our standards aren't exactly what you'd call high

Obelisk, I haven't forgotten about your offer to help set things up once I got myself sorted, and I appreciate it, but life hasn't exactly dealt me the best cards at the moment so rather than keep you all waiting I figured I'd just call it now, and if things go up from here and I can start GTS COTW in a few weeks/months, then yay!

Enough bitter, time for the sweet! :D

2. I think it's safe to say we loved competing against one another. We had some epic races, some close finishes, and good times had by all! However, if you want to keep competing, at least on GT6, then come along to the challenge hub!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-challenge-hub-lemons-and-civics-round-6-open.378174/

This is a group of drivers who won't let GT6 die so easily, and every fortnight new challenges are put up, with drivers posting pictures of their results and the competition ensuing from there! It won't exactly be door to door racing against @Vic Reign93 like the good old days, but it's the next best thing for those who either can't afford to upgrade (hi!) or want to squeeze more usage out of their PS3 and GT6 yet!

3. I freaking miss racing with you guys.

Hello @Nismonath5 it's nice to hear from you.
Funny you should bring this up as me and @Racer283 have been talking a lot lately about COTW and how much we miss racing and hanging out with all the members.

So I have an idea that you may or may not like but it keeps you involved in COTW. Here is my suggestion.

You keep running the show. Start up the COTW thread for GTS you keep picking the COTW & location then do your awesome write up that I always enjoyed reading at the beginning for that car each week.
You could even test that car out on GT6 while the rest of us do GTS and we can see just how much of a difference there is between the two.

On race night I can host the COTW lobby for everyone. We all can still join up on Discord and have a few laughs throughout the night while we race. Maybe @Racer283 or someone else can live stream the race for you to watch while we are chatting with one another.

This way your still involved and running the show until you can get a PS4 to join back in on the races.
Plus It would be strange not having you involved in COTW.
I know everyone would like to get back together and start having some good laughs again in COTW.

Its just a thought so think it over.

This means that COTW isn't coming to GTS, at least not yet, or not under my leadership. I'd be happy for @Obelisk to get things started, but I know he's also got the Forza COTW on his hands.
I'd be happy to start up the GTS COTW, but what I'd wind up doing is starting it out in a similar fashion to the FM7 thread where it's just a time trial. Lobbies will take me a while to figure out.

On race night I can host the COTW lobby for everyone.

I could possibly host as well if Rinsky can't make it or do it. Just incase as a back up plan.

Maybe @Racer283 or someone else can live stream the race for you to watch while we are chatting with one another.

I would have to figure out how to stream it but I could try and make a highlight real of the races kinda like Failrace and his Failrace Verses the Community.

Last edited:
Back