*being updated, no fighting please* GT5 Master Feature List

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for that patriotzero. Excellent. If I thought of it, I would've done that :lol:

I prepared this list. check it out. over 65 tracks means almost 70.

Kazunori said all gt4 tracks will be include in Gran turismo 5.

GT4 tracks with layouts

1-Circuit de la Sarthe I (chicanes) | 8.48 Miles | 112.4 Feet
2-Circuit de la Sarthe II (no chicanes) | 8.44 Miles | 112.4 Feet
3-Fuji Speedway 90's | 2.73 Miles | 125.0 Feet
4-Fuji Speedway 80's | 2.68 Miles | 125.0 Feet
5-Fuji Speedway 2005 | 2.84 Miles | 121.4 Feet
6-Fuji Speedway 2005 GT | 2.81 Miles | 121.4 Feet
7-Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course | 2.52 Miles | 163.4 Feet
8-Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course | 2.00 Miles | 163.4 Feet
9-Laguna Seca Raceway| 2.24 Miles | 180.4 Feet
10-Nurburgring Nordschleife | 12.94 Miles | 984.2 Feet
11-Suzuka Circuit | 3.61 Miles | 131.2 Feet
12-Suzuka Circuit East Course | 1.39 Miles | 110.2 Feet
13-Suzuka Circuit West Course | 2.16 Miles | 46.6 Feet
14-Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course | 2.98 Miles | 99.7 Feet
15-Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course | 2.13 Miles | 99.7 Feet
16-Twin Ring Motegi - West Short Course | .93 Miles | 10.2 Feet
17-Twin Ring Motegi - Super Speedway | 1.5 Miles | 9.8 Feet
18-Tsukuba Circuit | 1.27 Miles | 17.4 Feet

19-Cathedral Rocks Trail I | 2.19 Miles | 114.8 Feet
20-Cathedral Rocks Trail II | 1.20 Miles | 103.3 Feet
21-Chamonix | 2 Miles | 196.8 Feet
22-Grand Canyon | 2.2 Miles | 191.6 Feet
23-Ice Arena | .64 Miles | 0 Feet
24-Swiss Alps | 2.05 Miles | 183.1 Feet
25-Tahiti Maze | 2.24 Miles | 181.4 Feet
26-Apricot Hill Raceway | 2.40 Miles | 83.7 Feet
27-Autumn Ring | 1.83 Miles | 98.4 Feet
28-Autumn_Ring_Mini | 0.80 Miles | 53.1 Feet
29-Deep Forest Raceway | 2.24 Miles | 148.3 Feet
30-El Capitan | 2.97 Miles | 206.7 Feet
31-Grand Valley East Section | 1.86 Miles | 57.1 Feet
32-Grand Valley Speedway | 3.07 Miles | 67.3 Feet
33-High-speed Ring | 2.49 Miles | 27.9 Feet
34-Midfield Raceway | 2.21 Miles | 182.1 Feet
35-Trial Mountain Circuit | 2.47 Miles | 166.7 Feet
36-Citta di Aria
37-Clubman Stage Route 5 | 1.53 Miles | 48.2 Feet
38-Costa di Amalfi
39-Côte d'Azur
40-George V Paris
41-Hong Kong
42-New York
43-Opera Paris
44-Seattle Circuit
45-Seoul Central
46-Tokyo Route 246
47-Special Stage Route 5 | 2.35 Miles | 69.6 Feet
48-Test Course
49-Motorland
50-Beginner Course

Not racing track ones

51-Las Vegas Drag Strip(+)
52-Test Course(+)
53-Gymkhana(+)

New ones-

54-Eiger Nordwand
55-Rome cırcuıt
56-Madrid Circuit
57-London short course
58-Daytona Speedway Oval
59-Daytona Road Course
60-Indianapolis Course
61-Top gear Test Track
62-Rally of Toscana

Still Unconfirmed tracks and layouts

63-Spa Francoshamps
64-Monza circuit
65-Silverstone Circuit
66-Shangai Grand prix

Rest tracks will be surprise

This list does not explain, 20 locations, according to your list i see over 50 locations.
It also doesn't include the reverse tracks we're used to in GT5P, would a reverse be included as a variation?

Can you show me where Kaz said 'all GT4 tracks will be in GT5', i must have missed that news.

On a further note, i'm not sure if i should any tracks to my list as the master track list already exists.

Maybe you should have posted this in the master track list and see what they guys other there think.

Here's a few more to speculate:

Nurburgring - new and old circuit joined
Silverstone - Stowe Circuit
Mondello Park
Thunder Hill

Also I don't expect to see Fuji from the 80's - Just the current day versions.

there isn't 50 locations. location means country or place.
I saw that kazunori said all gt4 tracks will be in GT5 interrview with French magazine

20 countries/regions makes sense

eg.

Japan
Suzuka
Suzuka East
Twin Ring Motegi x3
Twin Ring Motegi Oval
Fuji I
Fuji II
Tokyo R246

UK:
Silverstone GP
Silverstone Stowe
London Short
London Long
Top Gear Test Track

Germany
Nurburgring N
Nurburgring GP
Nurburgring Full (both tracks)
Hockenheim

America West:
Laguna Seca
El Capitan
Infinion Raceway
ThunderHill

America East:
Indianapolis Road
Indianapolis Oval
Daytona Road
Daytona Oval

That is just a prediction/example of how I think the Locations will work. If you do it with the rest of the countries in Europe and assume WRC courses at a few of them too, it eventually becomes clear that there can be about 20 regions and 70+ tracks (inc variations)

Yes Dessy182.. you're Exactly right. Because I just went through the whole GT4 and GT5P Track list to discover around 20 world wide locations. Not just saying Europe, USA etc.. but all those European places like Sweden, France, Germany etc. Then add room for new circuits and new locations.

Isn't it about time someone resurrected an old thread about the number of tracks so that every other thread doesn't get hijacked???

400,000 polygons per car? I'm pretty sure that's ten times the amount of polygons for a track in the original GT!

Good lord, the number of people still expecting 70 actual different race tracks is suprising. A Sony rep has already confirmed 1 location = 1 track, Dayton is 1 location it has (currently) 2 variations.

It is highly improbably given the lenth of time it takes to model a car to GT5:P standards, that we are going to more tracks than GT4. 20 odd sounds about right, it puts it on a par with Forza 3's track count and Forza 3 has 4 years of track modelling in it since they just re-used Froza 2's tracks. Improved the textures a bit but they were exactley the same tracks. GT5 cannot just re-texture GT4's tacks, they either build them from scratch or they upscale the model and then work like hell to iron it out and get it up to GT5 standard. And even then you end up with a model noticalby iferior to a scratch built one.

It's funny because all the people that have jumped on the 70 unique tracks bandwagon will be bitching like hell when the game launches of an offical track list comes out and there's only 20 odd on it compaining that they wern't told and whatever. You have been told, many times, you'e just chosen to read too far between the lines and ignore the obvious.

I'd love 70+ unique tracks with variations on top of that, but I'd also love 1000 unique cars with model variations on top of that. It doesn't mean I'm expecting it.

I think it's absurd to think that there will be only 20 tracks and 60 variations, that means 2 extra variations per track! That's imposible, because for example city tracks won't have variations and then other tracks should have 4 or 5 variations to compensate.
The other option is that by "variation" what they want to mean is night and rainy versions, so that there would be 20 sunny-and-dry tracks and another 40 tracks, each track's night and rainy version.

Sorry about my english but it's not my mother language XD

Good lord, the number of people still expecting 70 actual different race tracks is suprising. A Sony rep has already confirmed 1 location = 1 track, Dayton is 1 location it has (currently) 2 variations.

It is highly improbably given the lenth of time it takes to model a car to GT5:P standards, that we are going to more tracks than GT4. 20 odd sounds about right, it puts it on a par with Forza 3's track count and Forza 3 has 4 years of track modelling in it since they just re-used Froza 2's tracks. Improved the textures a bit but they were exactley the same tracks. GT5 cannot just re-texture GT4's tacks, they either build them from scratch or they upscale the model and then work like hell to iron it out and get it up to GT5 standard. And even then you end up with a model noticalby iferior to a scratch built one.

It's funny because all the people that have jumped on the 70 unique tracks bandwagon will be bitching like hell when the game launches of an offical track list comes out and there's only 20 odd on it compaining that they wern't told and whatever. You have been told, many times, you'e just chosen to read too far between the lines and ignore the obvious.

I'd love 70+ unique tracks with variations on top of that, but I'd also love 1000 unique cars with model variations on top of that. It doesn't mean I'm expecting it.

👍

Actually I'd like to put in my two cents, GT5 won't have 70 tracks. That just doesn't even compute, there isn't 70 different tracks in all the GT's combined. Kaz has said that when they did information compiling for GT4 they used High Resolution photos and equipment to capture, that way they would have to do the entire track over when they have to build GT5. This makes more sense as this game would not be coming out if they started all the courses from scratch again when they announced GT5 is coming so long ago. He gave rough numbers on the Nurb alone 24,000 photos on top of satellite data of the topography. With cars taking 6 months to do, no chance this game would be coming out this year if they started from scratch. The only thing they did start from scratch was the coding for physics, that was brand new from the ground up, the information compiled during GT4 was reused. Nothing wrong with using accurate data to withing an inch, only thing they would have to do is match the scenery, but why? GT5 Nurb looks a hell of a lot like GT4's right down to the same positioning of the shadows. It definitely looks more detailed, but on PS2 GT4 tracks had to be scaled back to fit that frame buffer.

Data is reused, as it was arduous to attain it to begin with. Car data was also reused, most of the time was spent on the physics engine, rebuilding the courses closer to spec, damage engine and new vehicle models(which we saw in Prologue), the older cars were given the same treatment as the courses. There would be no way in hell, could they redo everything from scratch and have GT5 ready by march unless they had a lot more in that budget and a bigger team of programmers.

Don't be too surprised that the courses that didn't ship with GT5 that were in GT4 end up as downloadable content.

I'm not sure you fully understand what that all means, yes Kaz takes all the information he can and as many photographs as he can about each car and track when they first gather data to use int he games. They take more data than they will need or be able to use, yes. But they still need to use that data to create cars and tracks for the game, the data does not equal the finished product. Having reference photographs, maps and GPS information on a track does not create that track, someone still has to work his socks of to put all that data together to create an accurate representation of what they are re-creating. For example, the cars are all built from scratch. No they didn't go and test each and every one of them all over again, but the work needed to recreate that car in game has been done all over again but this time to a much higher level of detail.

Judging by how quickly they had the Ring and Le Sarthe up and running in the GT5 Prologue engine is it not possible that they already modelled all the tracks in hi res and downscaled them for GT4? It already appeared that the tracks in GT4 were reduced resolution than those in GT4 Prologue.

This thread is not about tracks. No more or I'll have to lock it. We have enough threads already hijacked by track talk.

Thankyou.

Got it;) just thought since it is an important feature, and this is a thread about features... Awesome list by the way, been looking for this!

Hey, I was just browsing through the Official Norwegian PS3 site and, forgive me if this is old news, but I know that there has been a lot of discussions about exactly what the "20 locations, 70 variations" means and here: http://no.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item240995/Gran-Turismo®-5/ it clearly says (in Norwegian) that it is 20 locations (countries) and 70 tracks!

Again sorry if this is old news...
Only as a direct traslation does it say over 20 stunning locations and over 70 tracks to master. It's still not specific about the locations yet a Sony spokesman has been. This debate should be dead. Anyway, let's not hijack this thread eh ;).

As long as it has Motegi and the Nurburgring I'll be fine.

Although Sebring and something similar to Forza 3's Camino de Viejo Extreme would be welcome to me. :D

Judging by how quickly they had the Ring and Le Sarthe up and running in the GT5 Prologue engine is it not possible that they already modelled all the tracks in hi res and downscaled them for GT4? It already appeared that the tracks in GT4 were reduced resolution than those in GT4 Prologue.

^^^THIS

Expecting them to make a track that is instantly ready for use on a PS2 is really, really unreasonable. What they would have done, is create a high-detail, high-resolution track, and then once they figured out how many polys/etc the PS2 could handle for a nurburgring, they pruned the least necessary polygons and bits of detail out until the PS2 could run it without lag.

Now, if they're smart, they'll still have those high-detail 3d models, and they should be able to be simply re-used in GT5. Sure, somethings are going to have to change (IIRC, the PS2 was the only console that didn't support normal maps all that well), but if the model's already there, bam instantly production time's cut in half.

And let's not forget folks, GT4 had some legendarily accurate track models; the 'ring and Sarthe were both wonderfully done, brilliantly accurate and very realistic. With a bump in detail, they'll be magnificent.

1000 cars on 20 tracks still does not sit right, considering a BD is 50 odd gigs, in GTR2 with downloadable 50-100mb tracks 100 only takes about 5Gb and considering how many we already seen, and Kaz constantly sayin this is a SMALL portion of the game.

20 just does not sit right.

But id rather be surprised than disapointed.

Please can we not turn this into ANOTHER arguement about the amount of tracks in GT. It's doing my head in :lol:

1000 cars on 20 tracks still does not sit right, considering a BD is 50 odd gigs, in GTR2 with downloadable 50-100mb tracks 100 only takes about 5Gb and considering how many we already seen, and Kaz constantly sayin this is a SMALL portion of the game.

20 just does not sit right.

But id rather be surprised than disapointed.

Well Kaz just said in the interview with Motor Trend

Motor Trend: How far along is GT5 from completion?

Kazunori Yamauchi: It's almost done. We're at the final stages, just brushing up the finishing touches and raising the quality of everything right now.

There'll be 950 cars, 20 locations and 70 layouts. So it'll be packed.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/6629343/e...or-kazunori-yamauchi/index.html#ixzz0ccFDswDx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back