Bentley Reveals 700 BHP Continental Supersport, Its Most Powerful Production Car Ever

Does the news blog really need these automotive articles? It will just make it harder to find any of the game news.
It's relevant because the car is coming to Horizon 3. I believe it mentions that at the end of it.

That said -- A 4000+ pound car going as fast as a Viper is surprising, but is it the base Viper or the quicker ACR?

It's relevant because the car is coming to Horizon 3. I believe it mentions that at the end of it.

That said -- A 4000+ pound car going as fast as a Viper is surprising, but is it the base Viper or the quicker ACR?
Base Viper I'd assume?

Base.
The ACR 0-60 is 3.0 flat.

For the past few years, Bentleys haven't really grabbed my attention, until now. This car is ridiculous in so many ways, but I love it. It's a fine mixture of elegance and pure insanity, a trait that all sports cars should strive for.

Tired scroll finger?

Thanks @calvins48 for taking the time to write the article. I think the spoiler looks awful.

Would you prefer the one from the Huayra BC? =)

If we assume that they were going to need a spoiler for something like this, then I think they could have done much worse. Personally I really wish they would change those taillights. They've been the same for years and I am very much not a fan.

IMG_0258.JPG
I've always been a fan of big body sedans, the Continental looked great when it released in 2003?, or 2004 can't remember.

We haven't had many Bentleys in GT, so much hope PD would have a look at the Continental.
It must be a great drive.
The GT3 looks stunning.

The rear spoiler is optional guys - it comes together with a larger splitter at the front for "aero" balance...

The engine is a beast tho, old school but mighty!

I'm not gonna lie, this project was super crazy - we only got the green light near the end of 2015, the changes on the outside are minimal that's true, but my god the number of components we changed under the hood was ridiculous just to fit the larger turbos and inlet ducts! I was part of the 3-man engine design team responsible for the engine modifications :)

XXI
View attachment 619047 I've always been a fan of big body sedans, the Continental looked great when it released in 2003?, or 2004 can't remember.

We haven't had many Bentleys in GT, so much hope PD would have a look at the Continental.
It must be a great drive.
The GT3 looks stunning.

The GT3 bentleys are ace. They look almost too wide and too heavy to be real.

As a side note, saw the blancpain recently at Barcelona - the Bentley had the best and most aggressive engine sound of the whole field.

I'm glad they did something with the bland and irrelevant Continental. What a freaking beast this is!! But I still wonder how a car like this ends up being twice as heavy as a Viper. That is absolutely insane!!

I'm glad they did something with the bland and irrelevant Continental. What a freaking beast this is!! But I still wonder how a car like this ends up being twice as heavy as a Viper. That is absolutely insane!!
It's because of the grey poupon in the glovebox. ;)

Its a luxury GT car at heart. It was never designed as an all-out sports car from the start like a Viper. Even the track-focussed GT3-R still weighs over 4700 lbs despite a 220 lb diet.

It's really about how it's built, if you ever had a chance to sit or even drive one - you'd know how solid they feel, like they're been made out of a solid block of aluminium... The leather is super thick (apparently we skin 11 cows for one car), tons of sound-proofing, thick carpets etc.

Once we had a California T to compare and my god, when you really looked at the details - you realised how shoddy the build quality really was...

So it's not heavy because of the materials we use, it's heavy because we use a LOT of these materials to make it luxurious and effortless, but my god when it launches from a standstill :eek: you forget it weights 2.2+ tons...

It's really about how it's built, if you ever had a chance to sit or even drive one - you'd know how solid they feel, like they're been made out of a solid block of aluminium... The leather is super thick (apparently we skin 11 cows for one car), tons of sound-proofing, thick carpets etc.

Once we had a California T to compare and my god, when you really looked at the details - you realised how shoddy the build quality really was...

So it's not heavy because of the materials we use, it's heavy because we use a LOT of these materials to make it luxurious and effortless, but my god when it launches from a standstill :eek: you forget it weights 2.2+ tons...
This and the last post...

Do you work for Bentley?

Lorry, Passat, Phaeton... that's a bit harsh, for cruising on a smooth road for a whole day or night, i don't think i'd chose anything else. It does have a whiff of footballer's car, but still... can you imagine how good this is to drive? I know it's cliche but c'mon!

If i had the money and had to choose 3 cars, i'd have a black Range Rover to drive my family about, an old, black 911 Turbo (964) for fun, and this thing, in black (without the rear spoiler of course), to drive across countries! Very uninteresting but i don't care :lol:

Last edited:
Yet another '+1' car that makes the previous +1 models worthless.
Wonder what the one they release next week will look like? Oh wait, exactly the same. Save for a few more spokes in the wheels, a few more powers of the horse under the bonnet, and a few more aerodynamic flaps that it'll never go fast enough to require.

And the week after there'll be another and another and another. And if it isn't from Bentley, it'll be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini of a Mercedes. Rinse, repeat, yawn.

Yet another '+1' car that makes the previous +1 models worthless.
Wonder what the one they release next week will look like? Oh wait, exactly the same. Save for a few more spokes in the wheels, a few more powers of the horse under the bonnet, and a few more aerodynamic flaps that it'll never go fast enough to require.

And the week after there'll be another and another and another. And if it isn't from Bentley, it'll be a Ferrari or a Lamborghini of a Mercedes. Rinse, repeat, yawn.

Not trying to spoil your positive morning zen, it's a 200 mph car, aerodynamics apply here.

They could of done nothing. If the car does nothing more than make people say "man that's nice" then they've achieved their goal of brand recognition.

XXI
Not trying to spoil your positive morning zen, it's a 200 mph car, aerodynamics apply here.

They could of done nothing. If the car does nothing more than make people say "man that's nice" then they've achieved their goal of brand recognition.
If it really mattered, the aero stuff wouldn't be an option. It'd be standard. Bentley knows not a single one will ever go that fast.

Latest Posts

Back