Bentley's New Continental GT is an Incredible $9,000 Custom Scale Model

So, you're not allowed to put it together yourself? It is probably not possible but still, it's a challenge.

You’d pay $9,000 for a kit? I wouldn’t take the risk
No, I wouldn't but if I would, I'd want to assemble it myself. What is the use of spending that ridiculous amount of money on a kit car if only you can do is look at it.

If I'm spending that kind of money I would want someone way more skilled than me to assemble it.

What is the use of spending that ridiculous amount of money on a kit car if only you can do is look at it.

That's why there are 2 markets to cater to different people, model car kits and model cars. This is the latter. Plenty of people spend big on pre-made display models, just look in the GTP scale model thread.

Last edited:
Are they being built directly by Bentley? I’m curious as it seems like something Amalgam would be interested in doing

Are they being built directly by Bentley? I’m curious as it seems like something Amalgam would be interested in doing
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they are. But don’t quote me.

No, I wouldn't but if I would, I'd want to assemble it myself. What is the use of spending that ridiculous amount of money on a kit car if only you can do is look at it.
You must be pretty handy with building if you think you could build this without stuffing it up. I personally love kit building, but I just couldn’t take the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
This costs just as much as what I just paid for a 1990 completely original Miata with 13,700 miles on the odometer. I think I know which one Id rather have.

Not that I’m their intended audience for this, though.

You must be pretty handy with building if you think you could build this without stuffing it up.
I never said that I can build it myself. I only said that I would want to assemble it myself. I'm not that kind of guy that buys model cars (1:64 or 1:8) to just put in a room and look at it. When I was still a kid, I had a few model cars but my parents gave everything away without me knowing it. I found out later of course.

What I was trying to say that I never buy pre-build model cars whatever they cost, not even for €5. If I buy a 1:8 model kit car (thanks @Robin) I want to build it myself, like Pocher cars.

I'm pretty sure that I will mess up trying to assemble this Bentley.
So, you're not allowed to put it together yourself? It is probably not possible but still, it's a challenge.
That is what I said in my first post in this thread.

Back