best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
Found a nice GT3 car for Sardegna 15 laps. the Z4 GT3 '11. It's able to lap by 1'40 at Gas 3 with a Mid-turbo. Recommeded.

3731653188078.jpg

Sardegna in 24:05.5 with 787b and setup posted earlier.
First race after long time. Next Attempt will be 23:xx.xxx

Attachments

• BC5E5056-BEBD-4C02-9B7B-D13B964953C3.jpeg
    BC5E5056-BEBD-4C02-9B7B-D13B964953C3.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 24
Sardegna 15 laps. Was easy with power limited GT-R LM Nismo 2015 car on racing hards one stop for fuel (Stock settings). The leader was quick but stopped twice, won by nearly 1 min.

Last edited:
Detuned 2J with fully customizable transmission at Sardegna 800. 25-26 mins. Only a bit better cr/hour than Spa.

Is there anything better? Or a faster car? Can the Tomahawk get below 800 or 700? 1.5 million per hour is too slow. the ~3 with the glitch was already on the limit.

IMO a GT2 car is pretty much the best.
It has high levels of downforce so you can take corners like Eau Rouge without lifting,
It gets excellent fuel economy, Heck I have done the 1hr at spa with the GT-R GT500 '08 without stopping PERIOD.
But you will need to use fuel saving techniques like lift & coast and short shifting along with fuel map 6.
If it rains, you can just stop for tires.

My rule of thumb? Use a Gr.4 car for 700 PP events, and a Gr.3 car for 800 PP events. Be sure to install a turbo/supercharger, too, as well as buy the other four Racing tire compounds. I’d say something similar for the 950 PP events, where I’d recommend getting a Gr.1 car and installing a turbo/supercharger. Indeed, that’s how I won the 24 minutes of Le Mans mission with an Audi R18 ‘11, by installing a mid-RPM turbo; I would’ve been behind the leader by over a minute without it.

I use the Honda NSX GT500 Epson Gr.2 car, stock with race hard tires for all the WTC 800 events.
Hey I used that car the other week and I finished 2nd place, so I just accepted it and I got the clean race bonus too.

Ya'll lied to me. GT500 cars are slow. Even the CLK GTR is faster.

I've tried a bunch of cars now and nothing beats my detuned 2J with customizable transmission at Sardegna. 1:40 laps are easy. Only one stop to add half a tank of fuel. No tyre change needed.

Someone posted this link in Praiano's tuning thread and while this car/tune feels slower to drive for me (have to brake earlier than I'm used to and kinda sluggish in corners), it's taking 4-5 seconds off my lap times from what I was getting with the GT500 cars. Edit: It's worth noting that restricting power with the ECU instead of the power restrictor like they do in the video nets more HP per power rating.

Last edited:
Someone posted this link in Praiano's tuning thread and while this car/tune feels slower to drive for me, it's taking 4-5 seconds off my lap times from what I was getting with the GT500 cars.

I haven't really driven the 2J in this game yet, will have to give it a shot.

Nice. 1 min faster. Will give it a go on Monday.

For me has to be the Mazda 787B.
You can do it with no stop but nerfing and after that reduce the fuel map make it too slow.
Just go FM1 and stop around lap 11 or 12, just a splash of fuel to finish the race. The pit lane is one of the shortest so you loose very little time and, since no need for tires and just 1/4 of the fuel tank, you "loose" less than 20 seconds.
Very easy, just don't obsess on not pitting, the car will be too slow on the more economic fuel maps, one stop is just 1.3 seconds/lap, if you loose more than that trying not to stop you are losing total race time.

Finally sub 24 with the Mazda 787b.
Setup: @Koyaga
FM3 Pit end Lap 8
New Tires and fuel
FM1 till the end of race
23:57.642

Attachments

• E62BB7DE-9D52-4DF5-AA4C-332DE7819AD4.jpeg
    E62BB7DE-9D52-4DF5-AA4C-332DE7819AD4.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Mazda 787B or Sauber - Difficulty normal
TCS+ASM off, with the mazda FM1 and pit around lap 11 only for gas for a few laps no tires needed (RH)
You wil be in de lead at the start of lap 5.

Sauber FM2 whole race, pit once lap 9 or 10 I believe ) no tires Needed. (RH)

Both cars win by over a minute lead, easy race

Earlier in the thread I posted about AI cars at Sardegna running out of fuel and staying on the track. I had a nasty crash as I rounded the sweeper onto the finishing straight and encounter a train of 4 or 5 cars at 50MPH! After pounding the trailing car, I hit the outside barrier and then spun across the track to the barrier before pit in. Car was hurt for half a lap or so, but I still got the CRB! I don't think it's possible to lose the CRB on this race!

A car that does this and never pits will finish 5 laps down to my R92, while the rest of the field is one lap down, with tail-enders two laps. Other AI cars will sometimes get "stuck" behind the out-of-fuel car as it trundles around at 50 mph, but they usually figure it out pretty quickly. and move around him. Once in a while, though, you get several cars lined up behind him, and the AI is definitely lacking some "I" in that case!

This one race, in which I was running the Tomahawk S as I found suggested elsewhere, had three such trains I found while following C. Lopez around in the replay. The first was his 7th lap, my 9th, and the others stuck behind him were on their 8th lap, about to put Lopez a lap down to them. (Lopez passed the pit entrance finishing his 6th lap and was out of fuel by the end of the straight, I think.) The 19th-place car hadn't caught the train yet when it finally dispersed, but this was 13th to 18th lined up behind him.
52114655991_9561aa3ac6_b.jpg

There were two smaller trains later in the race: In the last one the Alfa had just figured out he could move around and pass.
52115162740_a3da4a2c44_b.jpg

52114695433_7337f8d7d3_b.jpg

I had that a few time before 1.15 also, it was the GTR GR3 all the time, i also looked at the replay's and he just continue to drive in stead of pitting, i had my moment with him too lol.

But after the latest update it didn't happen again, so maby i'm lucky haha

Car was hurt for half a lap or so, but I still got the CRB! I don't think it's possible to lose the CRB on this race!
Pretty sure it’s impossible to loose CRB on any race if you impact a car that is blue flagged. But if you hit one before you overtake the field you might. I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never tested it but I’ve read that’s how it works.

C9 and 2J with no set up change except power/ecu and racing tranny are similar pace 25-26 min runs. The Tokyo set up posted here with RH is fast but had to do an extra stop, negating the advantage. CLK GTR and 787b with only detune and racing tranny are about the same time, but not as fun. CLK GTR is a bit understeery, 787b can do a non-stop.

Fastest so far is the new Toyota in the YT video. 25 flat is easy. Last thing to try is Koyaga's 787b's set up.

Still hoping for a Tomahawk tune, or something that can do Tokyo in under 26 mins.

I've been using the GR010. NO special tune. Max ballast and detuned to about 385bhp. No stop. Winning between 35-50 seconds.
Runs out of charge just about half distance. Same in the Spa race(no stop and winning at one hour exactly), but it's a really good and easy car to drive.
The working gauges, in cockpit view, are a bonus.

Last edited:
@Koyaga 's tune is amazing. I got greedy with the fuel and ran out like an idiot at the end of the first stint. Lost maybe 20 seconds to reach the pitlane. Finished in 24:45 still with some tussles against the lapped cars. Makes me feel like I wasted credits with the Toyota LMP.

1654103690838.jpeg

Ah, sorry, I saw the 1:32 and thought it was the 919 exploit tune. Is the setup shared, I can't see it posted in this thread?
Is there a 919 exploit?

Last edited:
I had that a few time before 1.15 also, it was the GTR GR3 all the time, i also looked at the replay's and he just continue to drive in stead of pitting, i had my moment with him too lol.

But after the latest update it didn't happen again, so maby i'm lucky haha
I think maybe it depends on the car you're driving, somehow. I used to see it frequently when I was driving a Mustang Gr3. I ran the Mustang in WTC700, then added a supercharger for WTC 800. I switched to a detuned and ballasted R92CP for the 800 series and rarely saw the out-of-fuel cars. That was about the time of the 1.13 update, so I figured it got fixed. Then this run was on the Tomahawk S I saw suggested somewhere, and after the 1.15 update, so who knows why it happens?

Last edited:
R3V
Ya'll lied to me. GT500 cars are slow. Even the CLK GTR is faster.

I've tried a bunch of cars now and nothing beats my detuned 2J with customizable transmission at Sardegna. 1:40 laps are easy. Only one stop to add half a tank of fuel. No tyre change needed.

Slightly detuned long tail F1 GTR is more than capable of 1:35's, 1:36 is almost like cruising. But the 787B is even faster.

Slightly detuned long tail F1 GTR is more than capable of 1:35's, 1:36 is almost like cruising. But the 787B is even faster.
Damn it. I already did 1000km today of Sardegna. Guess I'll try 962 and F1 GTR tomorrow.

787b is the clear winner so far in terms of lap time, but I think the set up gurus can make the 2J much faster.

Detuned GR010 is probably the closest to the Chaparral 2J.

The Chaparral however is still the king for 800pp. That fan really gives it a ton of grip and the car has such low drag that it gives it a great top speed and acceleration at the same time. Fuel economy is also great due to such reduced power figures.

Last edited:
R3V
Damn it. I already did 1000km today of Sardegna. Guess I'll try 962 and F1 GTR tomorrow.

787b is the clear winner so far in terms of lap time, but I think the set up gurus can make the 2J much faster.

I've hit a 1:35 in the CLK LM, but I was on the limit! I'm pretty sure there's a 1:34 in the F1, but that would be right at the limit of my ability. This is on hard tyres by the way. The F1 is capable of a one stop if you turn the FM down, but I prefer to go full send on FM1 and 2 stop, there's next to nothing between the 2 strategies.

R3V
Can you share the tune? I had to reduce power to 83 with RH tyres to get it below 800. Fastest lap 1:37.

I've just left for work, but I'll have a look in the morning for you. I'm pretty sure it was a mix of ballast and ecu tuning.

Back