best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
I tried his setup and it’s a riddle how he can drive so fast with it!? Topspeed on straights was 260 km/h.

I tweaked your setting and I also think, it should be faster then yours before and his setting. But, I am not good enough to reach the limit of the car. I am waiting for my Testdriver @Mr_EG6 and his opinion ;)

Diff Setting is not actual.
I chooses an 15-60-5 on both axles.

Gearbox I have no clue actually. The default Gearbox works good and topspeed is about 305 kmh. Racing Gearbox seems like better in lower speed areas, but „only“ has topspeed by 299 kmh.

If u don’t hit pp only add or remove ballast. Don’t touch the motor/power settings.

Have fun trying.
I will try your diff settings, to see if it feels better than my 5-5 36-36 5-5. off to try now.

Hi guys. Anyone tuned the 917K yet? Would love to see how it does on the "farm" aka Sardegna WTC800. I tried but the back end kicks out alot.

Last edited:
I tried his setup and it’s a riddle how he can drive so fast with it!?
I just gave Mistah's setup a try, I did 24:14 no-stop vs 24:19 1-stop with my setup. So I was nearly 40 seconds slower than he was with his own setup. It's nice to drive, though, whereas I made mine have bad handling to optimise it for PP. I might see if I can evolve something from his starting point. I'll try your setup another time.

His driving will just be much more perfect than ours. I'm always well aware when I'm driving that every single corner I take is a screw up. Everything I do is a little too early or late, or I'm a little right or left of where I should be. If I had his ghost to drive against it would be easier for me to get closer to his pace.

I already evolved my setup with some ideas from his setup. I will post it later. Better laptimes by 1:33:5xx.

Sure, he is a way better driver then me or us. What I mean is, his setup has a topspeed of „only“ 275 kmh and a little faster acceleration as the opponents. Corneringspeed is good, but how is he driving those times in traffic, when the ai sits on the driving line? Yes, his ghost or just an yt video would help a lot.
I screw up most of my laps too. Always on the hunt for the one perfect lap and always to risky. But I don’t care the overall time anymore. My goal is the one perfect lap and a new lap record. I drove Sardegna ~100 times. U will win, if u stay under ~27 Minutes. And u always get the crb.

Edit: Corrected his Topspeed.

Last edited:

I don’t have a clue, how this is working!?
I think it has something to do with the hybrid system.

Also he his gaining so much time in the last sector compared to my setup. The other sectors are nearly the same times. My setup uses 120 kg of ballast, but haves ~240 hp more.

Also the acceleration times on the setup sheet shows, that my setup should be ~1 sec faster, but in „real“ on the track it isn’t. Like I said, maybe it has something to do with the hybrid system, which isn’t correctly shown on setup sheet?

Attachments

• 5E1DB2EF-FB80-43B0-A3C9-C94F272CD9DD.jpeg
    5E1DB2EF-FB80-43B0-A3C9-C94F272CD9DD.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I don’t have a clue, how this is working!?
I think it has something to do with the hybrid system.

Also he his gaining so much time in the last sector compared to my setup.
Yes, I think there is something weird with how the hybrid affects the PP. I think the hybrid has SOME impact, because the PP seems to change less with power than other cars, like it knows there is an extra source of power so the change in power has less effect. This makes it much worse than the Hyundai Gr.1 for Tokyo, for example, because the GR010 ends up so slow when you take it down to 600 (both with CH tyres). But at the same time, I don't think the PP is fully accounting for the hybrid, and because the PP isn't for a specific race, it can't ever truly correctly account for it.

I think the right hander then left hander after the uphill bit is a major place where a better driver can gain time over a worse driver. I don't feel like I've even come close to getting it right yet. The left hander can be taken very fast indeed if you set it up right on the right hand edge after the right hander, and get the turn in and braking absolutely spot on.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know, how pd implemented the hybrid system. Also how much power the hybrid system, or the electric motor has?
In my races I never ran out of batterie charge, enough rest for 3-5 laps more I think.

I finally found a setup for the GR010 wich is working for me and my lousy driving. It’s fast, smooth, has good cornering, braking and good controllability. The batterie charge lasts the whole race. I do a one stop with fm 1 all the time. ABS default, TCS1, Automatic Gearbox, all others off.

Had an fastest lap (not perfect) 1:33:5xx and a overall time of 24:23 with „only“ two accidents wich costs roundabout 10 secs.

Have fun trying it.

Attachments

• 646F0B86-FDEE-4289-B4B1-6AE570338FFA.jpeg
    646F0B86-FDEE-4289-B4B1-6AE570338FFA.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 95467AD8-2906-4908-8A66-95CAF65DD781.jpeg
    95467AD8-2906-4908-8A66-95CAF65DD781.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 82
I finally found a setup for the GR010 wich is working for me and my lousy driving. It’s fast, smooth, has good cornering, braking and good controllability. The batterie charge lasts the whole race. I do a one stop with fm 1 all the time. ABS default, TCS1, Automatic Gearbox, all others off.

Had an fastest lap (not perfect) 1:33:5xx and a overall time of 24:23 with „only“ two accidents wich costs roundabout 10 secs.

Have fun trying it.
Thanks, I just did some runs with it, and did 23:59 on my 2nd attempt (no-stop). My fastest lap was slower than yours. I think using automatic and TC1 is hurting you for this car/track combination. You need to shift very early in the red bar, both for fuel economy, and for best performance. I manage okay with TC off, it's fine provided you aren't still steering a lot when the power kicks in, you have to set up the corner exits so that you'll have backed off the steering before the rpm gets high enough to break traction. Also a lot of it is about consistency. I found it helped a lot to make sure to not put the inside wheels inside the kerb on the corners where the kerb is the narrow angled stones. You want to just have the wheels touch the stones but not go beyond them.

I then tried switching to the racing gearbox, as fuel had been a bit of a struggle, and I thought a longer 7th gear would help, but fuel consumption seemed worse with the racing gearbox, so I had to use mix 3 rather than 2, but even so, and despite running out of fuel at the end, I did 23:55.

Hi guys. Anyone tuned the 917K yet? Would love to see how it does on the "farm" aka Sardegna WTC800. I tried but the back end kicks out alot.
Leveling the car at 80/80 front/rear ride height mostly fixed the craziness of that car for me. There are clearly other ways to improve it but leveling front and rear fixes 80% of the issue it seems

Last edited:
I did a new/second one for the 787b with some tweaks I „stole“ from my GR010 Setup. It’s now a lot easier to handle, but still fast (enough).
In my Hands, both cars have nearly the same laptimes, but I’m still a lousy driver…

I use ABS, TCS1, and automatic transmission. I have an 8 year old ds4 controller and there’s only on or off, all or nothing, nothing between. ;)

Have fun trying.

Attachments

• CFA0B730-439A-4D37-B446-44B045F57D17.jpeg
    CFA0B730-439A-4D37-B446-44B045F57D17.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 140
Haven't been using the Sauber for a few days on Sardegna because I'm running the LM55 VGT Gr1, which gave me my fastest lap 1:34.5 and fastest race 24:42.2. This race is one where all the stars aligned for me.

I used similar setup concept to to @Koyaga recommendations regarding low front downforce to free up some PP for power since the LM55 already has great handling and sticks like glue. I'll post a setup pic later.

Attachments

• 0BDCC6BD-3E00-4BA2-8B85-937F42DC442A.jpeg
    0BDCC6BD-3E00-4BA2-8B85-937F42DC442A.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Haven't been using the Sauber for a few days on Sardegna because I'm running the LM55 VGT Gr1, which gave me my fastest lap 1:34.5 and fastest race 24:42.2. This race is one where all the stars aligned for me.

I used similar setup concept to to @Koyaga recommendations regarding low front downforce to free up some PP for power since the LM55 already has great handling and sticks like glue. I'll post a setup pic later.
Here are my LM55 VGT Gr1 settings. I def used most from somewhere else (can't remember where) because I don't really know much about tuning but I edited it with min front downforce then cranked up the output and restrictor to 100%

Attachments

• 85537373-F52C-4ADF-B9D4-1EAA7153E599.jpeg
    85537373-F52C-4ADF-B9D4-1EAA7153E599.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 74
  • A643DBF4-00C5-4856-91F8-872A7BF177B1.jpeg
    A643DBF4-00C5-4856-91F8-872A7BF177B1.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 76
  • D44AEEA2-8C1F-413E-A266-D38451FEDB66.jpeg
    D44AEEA2-8C1F-413E-A266-D38451FEDB66.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Thx for the idea to fit the LM55 vgt for WTC800 @spacer00ster!

Wow, what a pleasure to drive! Impossible to spin, even with TCS off. No over-/understeer, alltime full throttle. U can drive with a beer in ur hands and if ur hungry, yeah, then eat something with ur other hand and drive with ur knees. U will still win. ;)

Made a 1:33:5xx fastest lap and there should be more then 2 sec to gain for better drivers. Only issue is the fuel consumption, 2 pitstops required. Tires lasts the whole race.

Have fun trying.

Attachments

• B9E69574-C179-48C5-8A3B-D9E2219F9EC5.jpeg
    B9E69574-C179-48C5-8A3B-D9E2219F9EC5.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 58
Hi,
I currently run the Nissan GTR GT500 2016 model in the pp800 Races.

Why this - it has a good Torque Band and of you Set the top Speed to 310-330 kph IT becomes really fiel economical - If you Drive Controller in mapping 4 - you can achieve 8 to 9 laps before refuelling. This depends in Traffic and how strong you accelarate in certain parts of sardegna.

But you Need the Steering improvement - as without IT, cornering is slow and then you waste a Lot of fuel for accelaration after the hard Turns.

You May also usw the GR010 Hybrid - IT IS about 1-2 minutes faster over the Race - but IT IS Not half as enjoyable.

BR K.

Hi,

I also noticed that the Toyota becomes massively slower at the end of the Races, when the battery ist empty. I die my best lap - Something 1:33ish With fuel mapping 3. Then Changed for the Last two laps to FM1 - and was 3-5 Seconds slower - in one Case With a Lot of Traffic - but even in the sectors without Traffic - 0.5 Seconds slower was not uncommon.

Well, this thread has peaked my ineterest. I'm now testing most Gr1 cars to see what times can be set at Sardegna.

The GR010 has my fastest race time of 24.04 with a best lap of 1.33.2xx with a 1 stop strat, pitting at about lap 8 or 9.

Tested the Porsche, Nissan, Sauber and 787B and all run good times but seeing which car and setup can do what time is a great challenge. It's like hotlapping but getting paid for it lol.

All my tunes are based off @Koyaga low downforce front, high rear downforce idea which is fantastic!

Hi,
But IT must be mentioned - at least for Tage GR010 that this results in the Car seriously nervous in slow wide Turns - where you can easily cause the Front running elsewhere.

Funny, but Not really my Taste of driving - thats why i prefer the Nissan GTR Gt500 16 at the Moment.

BR

Hey guys. I have a tune for the Touring Car 800 Sardegna Road course. Comfortable wins and clean race credits. I enjoyed this one.

Time - 26:36:00
Race Car ----- Red Bull X2019 Competition.
Max Power - 621BHP
Torque -------- 30.1 Kgfm
Weight -------- 850 KG
Weight Bal -- 59 : 41
Per Points --- 799.01PP
Tyres ----------- Racing Softs
Fuel Map ----- 2 or 3 whole race
TCS ------------- 1 or 2. Tyres and fuel last 5 laps.

Tune:

Anti Roll Bar ------ 10 / 1
Damp comp ------ 40 / 28
Damp expan ------ 41 / 30
Natural Freq ------ 4.50 / 4.50
Neg Camber ------ 6.0 / 6.0
Toe Angle ---------- 1.00 Out / 1.00 In
Differential --------- 60 / 60 / 50
Downforce --------- F 800 / R 1400
ECU Output -------- 99
Ballast weight ---- 200
Ballast Position -- 50 to F
Power Restrictor - 78
Trans Manual ------ 370

Last edited:
Well, this thread has peaked my ineterest. I'm now testing most Gr1 cars to see what times can be set at Sardegna.

The GR010 has my fastest race time of 24.04 with a best lap of 1.33.2xx with a 1 stop strat, pitting at about lap 8 or 9.

Tested the Porsche, Nissan, Sauber and 787B and all run good times but seeing which car and setup can do what time is a great challenge. It's like hotlapping but getting paid for it lol.

All my tunes are based off @Koyaga low downforce front, high rear downforce idea which is fantastic!
Welcome to the Club! :)

Hi,
I currently run the Nissan GTR GT500 2016 model in the pp800 Races.

Why this - it has a good Torque Band and of you Set the top Speed to 310-330 kph IT becomes really fiel economical - If you Drive Controller in mapping 4 - you can achieve 8 to 9 laps before refuelling. This depends in Traffic and how strong you accelarate in certain parts of sardegna.

But you Need the Steering improvement - as without IT, cornering is slow and then you waste a Lot of fuel for accelaration after the hard Turns.

You May also usw the GR010 Hybrid - IT IS about 1-2 minutes faster over the Race - but IT IS Not half as enjoyable.

BR K.
The GTR GT500 16 was my first Car I buyed especially for Sardegna :)
I just tooked it out to see, what I can tweak with my experiences since beginning. I had an 1:35:5xx fastest lap and a 25:20 overall with 2 pitstops on fm1.

Which Setup do u use for the GR010?
My posted Setup don’t run out of batterie and has good grip, even on front. Not like my LM55, but ok.

Thx for the idea to fit the LM55 vgt for WTC800 @spacer00ster!

Wow, what a pleasure to drive! Impossible to spin, even with TCS off. No over-/understeer, alltime full throttle. U can drive with a beer in ur hands and if ur hungry, yeah, then eat something with ur other hand and drive with ur knees. U will still win. ;)

Made a 1:33:5xx fastest lap and there should be more then 2 sec to gain for better drivers. Only issue is the fuel consumption, 2 pitstops required. Tires lasts the whole race.

Have fun trying.
WOW. Nearly 1sec faster than me. I do agree that this car is so easy to drive, don't like the whiny engine sound but it gets the job done. I dial back the power mid race (I go FM1 for 2 laps, FM4-6 until I pit at lap 8-9, then FM1 for the rest) to do 1 pit stop.

I'll def try your setup.

Hi,

I Just Took one Here from the Forum for Testing - haven't yet Played With IT to optimize it. Try to Post it Later.

The Battery - might also be my Style of driving IT :D

BR K.

Last edited:
Back