best 800PP car for Endurance race

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 439 comments
Not the 917 Living Legend! I was only able to get 3 laps per pit stop at Sardegna, on fuel map 6. It was on easy, so it still won by a little over a minute, but took 4 pit stops. Why so thirsty?

Yeah! Finally, praiano made a setting for the 787b :)

I will try soon, after I detune it to 800pp for Sardegna. :)

Have you tried modifying it? Your set up with 550 front downforce and tweaked diff is easy 24 min runs. So far the fastest car/tune.

R3V
Have you tried modifying it? Your set up with 550 front downforce and tweaked diff is easy 24 min runs. So far the fastest car/tune.
Yes, I tried a lot of tunes for the 787b.
Now I have a new motor for the 787b after 5000km on Sardegna. Lol
I also mixed it with Praianos Tunes in different ways, but my „original“ tune is still the fastest. Praianos Tunes makes it easier to handle, but it costs up to 1 Second laptime.
Normally my front downforce is at 500. Every tweak of front downforce costs speed and pp. On Sardegna u only need downforce for the last corner to max ur speed on the long straight. It also works with frontwheel angle by 3,1. (and this angle will give u pp)

Guys, try my „original/radical“ Setting. Ur all better drivers then me. After few laps/races u will get used to it.
My best laptime was an 1:32:7xx, but I forgot the screenshot. Only documented an 1:33:0.
@Mr_EG6 does a 23:57:xx overall with my setting.

I built a Pagani Huyara for this. I essentially made a Huyara R/GR3 car. Widebody, wide tires, wings, some engine mods, racing transmission and suspension, active diff controller, etc.

Just shy of 800pp on RM tires. On Map 6 with short shifting, it rips through the field.

Last edited:
I managed to get the NSX GT500 under 25 minutes race time. I think there's scope for some further small tweaks, but it's pretty good in this state, so I'll share the setup. I used fuel map 1 all the way, but with a lot of very short shifting to get through the 8 lap stint, then a descending short shift strategy for the 7 lap stint, where I rev out the first gear on a corner exit, then shift progressively earlier. Basically, you want to spend the fuel in the places where there's the most time before the next braking zone. It might benefit from even going to 350 or higher top speed for the gear tuning, as it was still using quite a lot of fuel during the last bit of the main straight.

View attachment 1137721

View attachment 1137720

View attachment 1137719
You changed a few settings, like downforce, etc. I've bought the car based on your posts, and am quite excited about fanging it around Sardegna.

Can you briefly explain what you think your other changes did to the driveability (love the fact you raised the top speed AND reduced fuel consumption!).

Thanks in advance.

Thank you! The NSX GT500 is definitely a win for Sardegna 15 laps.

View attachment 1148030

TCS1, Gas Lean 1 for lap 1st to 7th, Lean 3 for lap 8th to 15th, pit once. Overall time is 26:30 in my first race, leading 2nd place by 49 seconds.
Damn, I changed from stock settings. I should have saved them to 'Stock Settings' on my sheets before doing so. Boohoo.

Anyone have ideas about how to revert to stock settings?

Slightly off-topic, but ...

I'm noting that a lot of people are responding to races that are not Sport Mode, but are against AI competition.

After installing GT7, and with all its problems in the first weeks, I decided to just try the single-player mode for a while.

I honestly thought the experience would be crap, but the AI in GT7 seems to be quite fun to race against. I have not yet entered a race in multiplayer, and it may be a while, given how entertaining it is (and a massive improvement on the AI in GT Sport).

Thoughts from those who do both?

Last edited:
Can you briefly explain what you think your other changes did to the driveability (love the fact you raised the top speed AND reduced fuel consumption!).
That setup is easy to drive, but it was a fairly basic tune. I later worked out with the 787B that it was faster to use min front downforce and max rear downforce, kind of the opposite of what you'd think would be good, but it gives more PP to spend on other things. Some of the ideas in Koyaga's 787B setup can probably also make the NSX GT500 a lot faster than my setup back then.

Today I tried the Chapparel 2j. MinMax Tune like my 787b. It worked, but…. the fuel consumption is horrible. On fm1 u have to pit every 3 laps. With fm6 u can go 5 laps. Still fast enough for 1:36 lap time, maybe better drivers reach 1:34-35, but i dont think it could set a new record.

Mazda LM55 working great for me at Sardegna, limit power add like 100k ballast, burns them, win by nearly one min last time and I'm old and slow lol

Last edited:
Try this one in sardegna. Its pretty easy win

Every Gr.1 and 2 Car (and similar) can win it easily. Also i won with nearly every GR. 3 Car. Only with the 4C I was struggling. It has not enough power/torque to overtake, but still can win, if the ai won’t kill you like me. They just rammed me twice of the track. Once with a serious motordamage.

I just tried the new Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 for Sardegna, and wow, it's an absolute beast. Did 24:28 at my first attempt, with a 1:34.0 fastest lap, and that was while fuel saving for the 2nd stint of 8 laps. I don't feel like I've nailed how to drive every bit of the track with it yet, and the setup can probably be improved. The hybrid power lasts for the entire race. I can't play for a while now, so thought I'd mention it in case others want to give it a try.

Mazda LM55 working great for me at Sardegna, limit power add like 100k ballast, burns them, win by nearly one min last time and I'm old and slow lol
The Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-LM ‘98 does very similar times to the LM55 as well.

I notice for the NSX GT500 Gr2 people seem to get the 08 model when there is a 16 one which seems better. Why is this?

Not completely sure on honda side (i only have honda nsx '16 gr2).
But i do own both nissan's gt500 gr2. The older one from '08 has fuel for 7 laps on sardegna while '16 one only has fuel for 6 laps. I supose similar thing happens on honda.

Last edited:
I notice for the NSX GT500 Gr2 people seem to get the 08 model when there is a 16 one which seems better. Why is this?
The older one is heavier, which makes it faster for this track for a given PP. With PP a lot of things have the opposite effect to what you expect, e.g. for some cars you have a higher top speed with max rear downforce than min rear downforce, because the PP goes down when you max the downforce, and you can spend it on power which more than re-gains the top speed.

Managed to squeeze in another run just now with the GR010. Maybe Koyoga can make the setup even faster, but this is the fastest time I've ever done for this race. Made a few driving errors that probably cost around 5 seconds vs a perfect run for my level of skill. Note that you want to shift at around 50% of the red bar.

Sardegna WTC 800 GR010 1.jpg

Sardegna WTC 800 GR010 2.jpg

Sardegna WTC 800 GR010 3.jpg

Managed to squeeze in another run just now with the GR010. Maybe Koyoga can make the setup even faster, but this is the fastest time I've ever done for this race. Made a few driving errors that probably cost around 5 seconds vs a perfect run for my level of skill. Note that you want to shift at around 50% of the red bar.

View attachment 1157372

View attachment 1157371

View attachment 1157370
Congrats! I don’t have the car, I save up for the 917 in lcd, but I think I won’t get it in time…. so maybe I give it a try.

First, I would remove the turbocharger for (nearly) original powersettings. Torque > hp,bhp,ps,kw
For other tweaks, I have to drive this car by myself. ;)

Edit: Hooooray! Maybe the first real contender to the 787b :) Had a good first race with it. Now I am tweaking the settings.

Last edited:
Greeting
i tried 700 PP Endurance race with baby redbull and won it easily
but at 800PP race i couldnt won with baby redbull even with it fuel Efficency (PIT once only for fuel)
so which is your best car for Endurance race 800 PP let say for Sardenga world touring car thats give you 485000 (15laps)
This is by far the best 800 pp tune I’ve used:

There are countless other enjoyable options but this one takes the cake imho.

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic, but ...

I'm noting that a lot of people are responding to races that are not Sport Mode, but are against AI competition.

After installing GT7, and with all its problems in the first weeks, I decided to just try the single-player mode for a while.

I honestly thought the experience would be crap, but the AI in GT7 seems to be quite fun to race against. I have not yet entered a race in multiplayer, and it may be a while, given how entertaining it is (and a massive improvement on the AI in GT Sport).

Thoughts from those who do both?
I somewhat disagree with you. The AI is more competitive than in GTS, but more aggressive as well with limited spatial awareness. Also the Professional level of Custom Race in GTS was very good to race against. Maybe not fast, but good.

The problem is they can't make the game too hard because people of all skill levels play single player events and a slider (akin to F1) is already too complicated for the average player. Slider actually puts me off playing F1 more regularly, because I have to find my pace to have fun (career is not fun if you win or lose all the time), though it's a good solution.

Generally, the fact GT7's AI puts up a fight is good, I just wish they were a little less psychopathic.

There are countless other enjoyable options but this one takes the cake imho.

Might have to buy this for testing purposes :cheers:. I stopped using CLK, F1 GTRs (both racecars) in favor of the '16 GT500 monsters RCF and GTR, 25 minutes is the norm in chill mode for me.

Might have to buy this for testing purposes :cheers:. I stopped using CLK, F1 GTRs (both racecars) in favor of the '16 GT500 monsters RCF and GTR, 25 minutes is the norm in chill mode for me.
I agree with chilling. This car isn’t hard to handle and get 25 minutes or less. I go full power too. No saving of fuel.

I'll try his setup some time, but Mistah is an extremely fast driver, it's possible my setup is actually faster than his for a 1-stop, as his 1-stop margin over me of 29 seconds could well be due to him driving it better than me. There's no way my setup could no-stop the race, though, so the no-stop with his setup might well be faster than any 1-stop setup.

I'll try his setup some time, but Mistah is an extremely fast driver, it's possible my setup is actually faster than his for a 1-stop, as his 1-stop margin over me of 29 seconds could well be due to him driving it better than me. There's no way my setup could no-stop the race, though, so the no-stop with his setup might well be faster than any 1-stop setup.
I tried his setup and it’s a riddle how he can drive so fast with it!? Topspeed on straights was 260 km/h.

I tweaked your setting and I also think, it should be faster then yours before and his setting. But, I am not good enough to reach the limit of the car. I am waiting for my Testdriver @Mr_EG6 and his opinion ;)

Diff Setting is not actual.
I chooses an 15-60-5 on both axles.

Gearbox I have no clue actually. The default Gearbox works good and topspeed is about 305 kmh. Racing Gearbox seems like better in lower speed areas, but „only“ has topspeed by 299 kmh.

If u don’t hit pp only add or remove ballast. Don’t touch the motor/power settings.

Have fun trying.

Attachments

• FB966ECC-3711-4F41-93A9-1B2F26D8A160.jpeg
    FB966ECC-3711-4F41-93A9-1B2F26D8A160.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 36

View attachment 1157372

View attachment 1157371

View attachment 1157370
Hi, have 3 setting to try, yours the other guy you mentioned. Got my best time with yours but diff 5-5 36-36 5-5 seemed to go round corners better for me somehow.

Back