Best album of 2005 (nominations closed)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 128 comments
  • 6,234 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
4,312
Last year, I made a thread about the best albums of 2004, and this year, its time for nominations for 2005's. You can nominate up to five (5) albums you want and they will automatically be in the Runoff poll. Okay, I gave you 4 months to do this, so I expect there will be a lot of nominations. Nominations are due by December 31, 2005 at 11:59 PM. And at January 1, 2006 I will ask a mod to close the thread. There will then be a Runoff poll posted with all the Artists names and albums.. the top ten voted on of those albums will proceed to the next round, barring ties. Okay, Get started!

My first nomination is:

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

REMEMBER: everyone has 5 nominations, use them wisely.

Nominated:
Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
Beck - Guero
The White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan
Dredg - Catch Without Arms
System of a down - Mezmerize
Coldplay - X&Y
Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
Audioslave - Out of Exile
Mudvayne - Lost And Found
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Weezer - Make Believe
The Alkaline Trio - Crimson
Oasis - Don't Belive The truth
Jack - Johnson In Between Dreams
The Perceptionists - Black Dialogue
One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
Cage - Hell's Winter
Dream Theater - Octavarium
The Bravery - The Bravery
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Haste the Day - When Everything Falls
Hard Fi- Stars of CCTV
Dr. Dre - 2005
The Game - The Documentary
Foo Fighters - In Your Honour
Sigur Ros-Takk
The Transplants- Haunted Cities
NIN - With Teeth
Opeth - Ghost of Reveries
Raul Midon - State of Mind
Flipsyde - We The People
Trivium - Ascendancy
Spoon - Gimmie Fiction
Mae - The Everglow
Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution
Athlete-Tourist
New Order-Waiting for the Siren's Call
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
My Morning Jacket - Z
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Common - Be
Aesop Rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire & Knives
The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
MC Frontalot - Nerdcore Rising
Seether - Karma and Effect
minus the bear - menos el oso
oceansize - everyone into position
coheed and cambria - good apollo, im burning star
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Dark Tranquillity - Character
30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie
Cold - A Different Kind Of Pain
50 cent - the massacre
R.Kelly-TP3 reloaded
Mariah Carey- The emancipation of mimi
Kano - Home sweet home
Ciara - Goodies
Funeral For a Friend - The Hours
Thrice - Vheissu
Machine Translations Wolf On A String
KT Tunstall - Eye to the telescope
Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Jimmy Eat World - Stay On My Side Tonight
Straylight Run - Prepare To Be Wrong
Reef the Lost Cause - Feast or Famine!
Pennywise - The Fuse
System Of A Down - Hypnotize
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation

Remember, You have 5 nominations, and the top ten from this list will advance to the final poll.
 
Sorry but I'm going with what I like/an album that I listen to every song.

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking the Fallen
 
Beck - Guero
 
The White Stripes-Get Behind Me Satan
 
Beck - Guero
Dredg - Catch Without Arms (it will blow your mind)
 
System of a down - Mezmerize

Coldplay - X&Y
 
Black Eyed Peas - "Monkey Business"

Audioslave - "Out of Exile"
 
Isn't it a little early for nominations yet? I'm still expecting new albums out this year by various bands (new Tool album anyone?).
 
Giancarlo
Flogging Molly - "Within a Mile of Home"

Black Eyed Peas - "Monkey Business"

Audioslave - "Out of Exile"
Within a Mile of home came out last year dude.

Shannon
Isn't it a little early for nominations yet? I'm still expecting new albums out this year by various bands (new Tool album anyone?).

I posted this earlier so there would be more nominations 👍 Later releases still count.

Oh, and for my second nomination I want to nominate Mudvayne's lost and Found.
 
Silverzone
Within a Mile of home came out last year dude.

Oh, sorry.
 
Weezer - Make Believe
The Alkaline Trio - Crimson
 
Between Oasis/"Don't Believe The Truth" and Jack Johnson/"In Between Dreams", Oasis "Don't Belive The Truth". Yes, it's a total bias.

Edit: You know what? I didn't bother to read the details(sorry!). Oasis "Don't Belive The truth" and Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams", both in! They are my two out of five. :)
 
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama

I've had this album for several months and it still sounds amazing every time 👍
 
System of a Down - Mezmerize
The Perceptionists - Black Dialogue
One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
Cage - Hell's Winter
 
Since people have already nominated Dredg, SOAD, Coldplay, Oasis and the White Stripes, here is my first nomination:
Dream Theater - Octavarium
 
The Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-78
 
The Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-78
I don't think you can do that. That's 70s music repackaged in 2005. I don't think Greatest Hits albums should qualify.
 
But it's STILL an album produced and released in 2005.
 
But it's STILL an album produced and released in 2005.
That's not an album from 2005. It's a compilation of songs from the 70s produced in 2005.
 
You just said it for me...
 
The Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-78
I got the "Young Hearts", The Complete Greatest Hits. 74-78 is missing Abracadabra, etc. :D Also, Event's right. It doesn't count. Even my newer Steve Miller CD's 2003 or 2004. :)
 
Damn it. all my good music that I'd nominate is from 2004. The only thing I can think of, but still am hesitant to nominate, is Demon Days by the Gorillaz. But, then again, It's probably the biggest TV background music source on the air right now. Like I said, Damon Albarn is a genius but his voice sucks.

so yeah,

Gorillaz - Demon Days
 
Omnis
Like I said, Damon Albarn is a genius but his voice sucks.

so yeah,

Gorillaz - Demon Days
You are not fooling anyone. Come out of the closet..... JOIN *US!

*blur fans.
 
psh, blur.
 
Silverzone
I posted this earlier so there would be more nominations 👍 Later releases still count.

Oh, and for my second nomination I want to nominate Mudvayne's lost and Found.
Well, so far:
  • Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama
  • Dredg - Catch Without Arms
 
The Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-78
I agree with Event on this one, I dont think greatest hits should count (I would have already nominated Offspring:D)

Oh, and I'd like to nominate:

The Bravery - The Bravery
 
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

That's 2005 right?
 
System of a Down - Mezmerize
Haste the Day - When Everything Falls
Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back