Best album of 2005 (nominations closed)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 128 comments
  • 6,234 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, Hypnotize will be as good or better than Mesmerize, so I'll be able to nomiate that this November! :D And, I bet the new 311 album will be awsome, so I'll probably have to nominate that one, too.
 
I'm waiting for the new Thrice album... Thats gonna be soo freakin sweet.
 
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Hard Fi- Stars of CCTV
Dr. Dre - 2005
The Game - The Documentary
Faithless - Forever Faithless
 
Event
And, I bet the new 311 album will be awsome, so I'll probably have to nominate that one, too.
Did someone finally shoot that annoying as hell "rapper" guy from 311? The music is great, and the one guy who actually sings has a good voice, but when that Blah blabla blah blablaBLAblabla-BLAH guy starts, I just want to cave his head in with a mike stand.
 
Erm.... k most of mine have been taken but hows bout..

Foo Fighters - In Your Honour

??? its alllllll good!
 
nevermind
 
Well from the list i'm going with Alkaline Trio's "Crimson" and Foo Fighters "In Your Honour". But when the new Tool and Depeche Mode plus 30 Seconds To Mars CD comes out, they are going on the list. And NIN's - With Teeth.
 
are you nominating NIN? Because if that was a nom, I'll add it. :D Great album
 
Sigur Ros-Takk(I know it doesnt come out until September 13th but I have it and it's amazing)
The Transplants- Haunted Cities(everyone I know hates it but for some reason I love it)
thats all my nominations for know, have to wait for the new Death Cab album and see what its like.
 
Chris Hendriks
Sigur Ros-Takk(I know it doesnt come out until September 13th but I have it and it's amazing)
The Transplants- Haunted Cities(everyone I know hates it but for some reason I love it)
thats all my nominations for know, have to wait for the new Death Cab album and see what its like.
Transplants are cool 👍
 
Mae - The Everglow

👍
 
2005 has been really disappointing IMO. Almost all of the major acts that released an album this year were pretty bland and uninspiring.

Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Doves, Foo Fighters, NIN, Queens of the Stone Age, and Tori Amos were all pretty lousy, especially compared to thier previous work.👎

Bloc Party, British Sea Power, The Raveonettes, New Order, and The White Stripes were all decent, but nothing really too great either. Some people liked the Kaiser Cheifs and Kings of Leon, but they didn't do anything for me at all.

The only really goood albums I've heard so far this year are Beck's "Guero" (his best album ever IMO, and I never even liked Beck at all), and the new Spoon album "Gimmie Fiction", although not as good as "Kill the Moonlight", was still really solid. So there's two nominations so far.

Yo La Tengo's Greatest Hits package "Prisoners of Love 1985-2003" is also very good, but it doesn't really count in this poll.

So that's one smug music snobs opinion.:sly:
 
Dredg - Catch Without Arms
Flipsyde - We The People
Trivium - Ascendancy
 
Raul Midon - State of Mind

:D
 
Motley Crue - Red, White, and Crue.
And don't give me that, "Its songs from the 70's."
The thread says for Albums produced in 2005.

And BTW, there is a song on Red, White, and Crue from 2005.
"If I Die Tomorrow"
 
McLaren F1GTR
Motley Crue - Red, White, and Crue.
And don't give me that, "Its songs from the 70's."
The thread says for Albums produced in 2005.

And BTW, there is a song on Red, White, and Crue from 2005.
"If I Die Tomorrow"


That's bull****. If you're going to take it literally you can say "The plastic disc with Frank Sinatra music on it was produced in 2005".
 
McLaren F1GTR
Motley Crue - Red, White, and Crue.
And don't give me that, "Its songs from the 70's."
The thread says for Albums produced in 2005.

And BTW, there is a song on Red, White, and Crue from 2005.
"If I Die Tomorrow"

Sorry man, it was voted not to put the steve miller band in, so unfortuantely, I can't put in Motley Crue. even thought they do belong there :indiff:
 
Fine then.

I nominate

Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution
 
My favourite album of the year so far (Interpol: Antics) was released last year, which is a shame.

So I'm going to nominate:
Tourist by Athlete; and
Waiting for the Siren's Call by New Order.
 
System of a Down - Mezmerize.

I just saw them last night in Dallas, and it was $^&*ing amazing. They sounded even better live.
 
Chris Criswell
System of a Down - Mezmerize.

I just saw them last night in Dallas, and it was $^&*ing amazing. They sounded even better live.

Lucky son of a....
 
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment ( just for 2 songs ) :D
Coldplay- X&Y
 
I had a great privilege last night, and heard a pre-release copy of 'Z' by 'My Morning Jacket' (Kentucky's finest :sly: )... it is beautiful, amazing, sublime, all of the above... the opening song is called 'Wordless Chorus' and is the best song I've heard all year by some stretch... so that's my nomination,

My Morning Jacket - Z
 
Silverzone
Sorry man, it was voted not to put the steve miller band in, so unfortuantely, I can't put in Motley Crue. even thought they do belong there :indiff:
That sucks, I was about to nominate them :indiff:
 
Touring Mars
My Morning Jacket - Z

I've been listening to that album for a few days and was gonna nominate it but u beat me to it. :nervous:
Oh well, i got the new Death Cab For Cutie album "Plans" last night and have been listening to it all day and its one of the best albums i have heard in an extremely long time.So my nomination is for Plans by Death Cab For Cutie.
 
So far:

System Of A Down - Mesmerize

Dream Theater - Octavarium
 
I also nominate along with many others System Of A Down ~ Mezmerize and Audioslave ~ Out Of Excile :D
 
So far these:

Soilwork - Stabbig the drama
System of a Down - Mezmerize
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back