Best album of 2005 (nominations closed)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 128 comments
  • 6,234 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
FatAssBR
So far:

System Of A Down - Mesmerize

Dream Theater - Octavarium
My third nomination goes to

Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
 
Does this go on forever or what?
 
Giancarlo
Does this go on forever or what?
I will ask for this thread to be closed on Januray 1st 2006. I'm just giving everyone plenty of time to make nominations. Last time, there were people complaining about bands not making the list, so this should give them plenty of time to nominate, and that way people who complain can only blame theirselves :D
 
Silverzone
I do believe Alter Bridge's was last year.

Oh, sorry then. I only heard of it in April I think.
 
Common - Be
Aesop Rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire & Knives
 
BEP-monkey business
Foo fighters- In you Honour
Coldplay-X&Y
SOAD-Mezmerize
and I'll think of one later.
 
The only one I can think of is,

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute.

The Foo Fighters, SOAD, And Audioslave were all dissapointing.
 
My third nomination:

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers.
 
I wasn't too impressed with albums this year metal-wise.

Dark Tranquillity - Character
Love this album. Mikael Stanne's voice is improving every album.

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
Mars Volta continue to impress me. Very left of centre.

Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama
My opinion turned around on this album very quickly.

Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution
One of the best comeback albums I've ever heard!

There are some albums I want to listen to which haven't been released or I just haven't gotten around to it, so there may be some edits, like Tool, The Berzerker, possibly In Flames (most likely 2006 though) and Audioslave.
 
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Nothing great except for Lyrics Born.

Don't know why I bothered since my music tastes suck balls. I bet a bajillion dollars no one else lists one of these albums.
 
Klostrophobic
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Nothing great except for Lyrics Born.

Don't know why I bothered since my music tastes suck balls. I bet a bajillion dollars no one else lists one of these albums.

Me
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

**** yeah! I'm rich!
 
dredg - catch without arms
minus the bear - menos el oso
mars volta - frances the mute
oceansize - everyone into position
coheed and cambria - good apollo, im burning star
 
Seether - Karma and Effect
 
Klostrophobic
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Lyrics Born - Same ****, Different Day
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Nothing great except for Lyrics Born.

Don't know why I bothered since my music tastes suck balls. I bet a bajillion dollars no one else lists one of these albums.

Only one person has to nominate the albums.
 
GilesGuthrie
My third nomination:

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers.

Really liking the couple of tracks I've heard 👍

Think I'll check this one out 💡
 
finally I have a new candidate.

<-- "Nerdcore Rising", by MC Frontalot. The World's 579th greatest rapper.
 
stumpydino
coheed and cambria - good apollo, im burning star
Okay... It's not out till september 20.. Are you sure you wanna nominate it? (Although their single is REALLY REALLY AWESOME)
 
I have a new one...30 Seconds To Mars - "A Beautiful Lie". Awesome CD!
 
My next nomination is Cold - A Different Kind Of Pain
 
This is Very Simple!
the hours- Funeral For A Friend
the greatest emo/scremo band ever if you dont know them you suck lol:)
 
Meh, I hate that I only have one nomination left. Too many good albums came out ever since and will be coming out soon. :|
 
Duke
Did someone finally shoot that annoying as hell "rapper" guy from 311? The music is great, and the one guy who actually sings has a good voice, but when that Blah blabla blah blablaBLAblabla-BLAH guy starts, I just want to cave his head in with a mike stand.

No argument here... That guy ruins the whole shabang, for me...

I would like to nominate:

Mastodon - Leviathan


I'll think of more when I'm not at work, I'm sure...





;)
 
FatAssBR
So far:

System Of A Down - Mesmerize

Dream Theater - Octavarium
My third nomination goes to:

Queen + Paul Rodgers - Return Of The Champions
 
Hot Fuss - The Killers

Hot Fuss Limited Edition - The Killers
 
Only two i trully thing deserver a go

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil

Trivium - Ascendency
 
Earth
Hot Fuss - The Killers

Hot Fuss Limited Edition - The Killers
Sorry, Earth. Hot Fuss was released in 2004. And Since the limited edition is just a re-release, It wont count.
 
50 cent - the massacre
R.Kelly-TP3 reloaded
Mariah Carey- The emancipation of mimi
Kano - Home sweet home
Ciara - Goodies
 
Can we do double nominations because I know Dredg - Catch Without Arms has been said but if i can that would be my nomination.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back