Best album of 2005 (nominations closed)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 128 comments
  • 6,234 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we do double nominations because I know Dredg - Catch Without Arms has been said but if i can that would be my nomination.

Yes, but since it's already been nominated, it's a waste of a nomination.
 
I voted for these two so far:
Oasis - "Don't Believe The Truth"
Jack Johnson - "In Between Dreams"

I'd like to add:
Kaiser Chiefs - "Employment"
 
Machine Translations Wolf On A String is my pick for the standout record of 2005. Particular tracks of note include Paris Road and Makers I. It may be difficult to source, though it is well worth importing.

366.jpg
 
Ah.. I would like to nominate Thrice's Vheissu.... great...great album.
 
I don't normally listen to female artists but I tried out this album and it's great! she has an excellent vioce and is a very good songwriter 👍

So here's another nomination from me..


KT Tunstall - Eye to the telescope
 
I got a new one. Depeche Mode's "Playing The Angel".
 
Alright... I got the list up to date... *I think*

But if you see anything missing, please inform me. Its down to two months now, so I hope, no one will complain about their favorite artist not making it. And this may be a ginormous poll... so I gotta question for all you guys. ... How many votes should you get? I am leaning twords 5, but I'll let you guys choose. I figure that if its only one vote, the poll would go no where.
 
By the way: Forever Faithless should be disqualified since it is a Greatest Hits album.
 
911_Carrera
Rammstein - Rosenrot
I need a button that simply says I agree with the above statement...
 
Flerbizky
I need a button that simply says I agree with the above statement...

Looks like you found several of those buttons. :p
 
GilesGuthrie
By the way: Forever Faithless should be disqualified since it is a Greatest Hits album.
Alright, done and done. list updated 👍
 
Do they have to be full-lengths? I'm not sure if that's entirely in the spirit of your thread Silverzone, but if so, I'd nominate both Jimmy Eat World - Stay On My Side Tonight and Straylight Run - Prepare To Be Wrong. Jimmy because it's a return to their Clarity form, and Straylight because they've got their own sound that they've carved out, and they really are a class act. Plus, I talked to John Nolan a few months back at the Get Up Kids final tour, and he's a decent dude in person (though, so small!). Their cover of Bob Dylan's "With God On Our Side" is well done, which takes some balls.

I also noticed nobody's mentioned Death Cab For Cutie - Plans. I admit, it's not their best work, but it's still very good. Oops, took a look and it seems Chris Hendriks right here. Phew, I still have 3 or 5 nominations, depending on if it's limited to full-lengths ;).

I've got a couple I'm throwing around in my head right now. I completely forgot that Bright Eyes two albums came out early in January (I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, and Digital Ash In A Digital Urn). There's also The Starting Line - Based On A True Story and Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out for my "fun" albums. A lot of others I'd be interested in mentioning have already been listed, which makes it much easier.

I'm sure I'll decide before the new year ;).
 
Pennywise - The Fuse



.
 
SlipZtrEm - No problem man, it can be EP's or anything. The albums really just stand for origional works.. no matter the length.. And Straylight Run.. awesome. When I first heard about it, I was afraid it'd sound too much like Taking Back Sunday, but woah, I was wrong.

Spock - Pennywise. awesome.
 
I'd like to nominate Strapping Young Lad - Alien
 
I'd like to nominate my final two choices:

Kasabian - Kasabian(selftitled)
Gorillaz - Demon Days

This completes my five nominations. My other three:

Oasis - Don't Belive The Truth
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
 
'Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil' is missing from the list
 
Come on people, cant beleive noone voted for this.....

Greenday - American Idiot
 
How so?
 
System Of A Down ~ Hypnotize.

Thats 2 votes spent.
 
GT_Fan2005
Come on people, cant beleive noone voted for this.....

Greenday - American Idiot
*cough*Last year*Cough*

Anyway, I believe that won last year. Great album 👍
 
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
Beck - Guero
Audioslave - Out Of Exile
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Sigur Ros-Takk
 
Hey, Silverzone. Could you check if John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album is from 2005? If so, that will be my fourth nomination.
 
Ok Silverzone:)

Greenday - Bullet in the bible

My vote
 
Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites

All other albums I want to nominate is already on the list.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back