Best Buy DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter FamilyForce5
  • 17 comments
  • 2,025 views
Messages
120
Messages
FamilyForce-5
Did anyone pre-order the game through Best Buy in store? Did you receive the code for the GT-R? How did you receive the code?
 
I haven't received a code yet, checking my gmail spam folder too just in case.
 
I did not get mine. Others have reported they have gotten them in an email 10 or 12 hours after they picked up the game. Not me though! :nervous:
 
Were we even supposed to get one?
 

I didn't order online, I ordered it at my store. Best Buy said I should contact Sony. I sent them an email telling them the big run-around Best Buy has given me. Waiting for a reply from them. Two of Best Buy stores, 5 or 6 of the people on their 1-888 number, and the lady that emailed me that sent me the Sony number to call knew nothing about the pre-order code.
 
I didn't order online, I ordered it at my store. Best Buy said I should contact Sony. I sent them an email telling them the big run-around Best Buy has given me. Waiting for a reply from them. Two of Best Buy stores, 5 or 6 of the people on their 1-888 number, and the lady that emailed me that sent me the Sony number to call knew nothing about the pre-order code.
I've played games with BestBuy before. They do have decent customer service, and basically, you have to be persistent with these people. My last one I think was a bobbehead that came with a Blu-ray movie? I ordered it online, with the free bobblehead, but when I came to the store to pick it up, they didn't have it. After a back 'n' forth email exchange + couple of calls, I think they just gave me $20 store credit, after they were unable to find me a bobblehead. It wasn't about the bobblehead, but they showed me a disrespect when they lost my item, going "heh, looks like we lost your item, cya....", so I just played the tag game to get even. :lol:

On the code for the Stealth GT-R, mine came from BestBuy, so I'm pretty sure that they are just passing the buck to SONY, and chance that SONY can help you is slim.

If I were you, I would tell BestBuy how you didn't get your code with the preorder, then ask how they planned on delivering the bonus code to you. Thru the mail? At the pick up counter? Greeter guy? Email? Then go from there. Whoever was supposed to give you the code is the guilty party.

If they can't come up with the bonus stealth car(it's fast!), it's their responsibility to come up with one for you. It was part of the purchase agreement. However, like the long story(:p) I gave you earlier, you might also have to play their silly little game. I think the ball is in your court. You can get BestBuy to make it right, SONY to work a miracle, or just forget about it.
 
whats up dude add me up online if you feel like it and RIP CITY!

503 whhhhhat 👍
I'd add you, but I suck, and I'm barely online. :p
 
did anyone who did get the code in their email order the CE. I still have not gotten a code in my email.
 
did anyone who did get the code in their email order the CE. I still have not gotten a code in my email.
Now, the Collector's had their own bonus cars, right? I don't know if it's the same for all preordered CE's, but I read that it was on the box.

I think I found where I read it. See the sixth post in here.

Edit: If you are also looking for the BestBuy's GT-R car, I'd imagine they were delivered the same way, via email.
 
for anyone still waiting i just got mine in my email about 20 minutes ago. IDK why it got lost in cyber space for days but i just got it so go check your email.
 
I got mine in email, that evening after I picked it up.
 
I pre-ordered online and did store pick-up. I just got mine by email a couple hours ago. I called this morning but I don't thing that had anything to do with it.
 
I received an email from Best Buy about 5 min after I picked the game up. The subject said something like "thanks you from picking up your order" I deleted it without reading it. Hopefully that wasn't the code for the GT-R.

I called best buy but had a hard time explaining the problem to the rep on the phone. Also being 41 and it being a video game I felt a little odd complaining that I didn't get my fake car I was supposed to get. Lol. But I want it! In the end she said she was going to forward my info to the promotion department and because of Xmas it could take 2 weeks for a response.

Can somebody who did receive their code tell me what the subject line stated?

Thanks
 
for anyone still waiting i just got mine in my email about 20 minutes ago. IDK why it got lost in cyber space for days but i just got it so go check your email.

When did you pick your game up from Best Buy?
 
I received an email from Best Buy about 5 min after I picked the game up. The subject said something like "thanks you from picking up your order" I deleted it without reading it. Hopefully that wasn't the code for the GT-R.

I called best buy but had a hard time explaining the problem to the rep on the phone. Also being 41 and it being a video game I felt a little odd complaining that I didn't get my fake car I was supposed to get. Lol. But I want it! In the end she said she was going to forward my info to the promotion department and because of Xmas it could take 2 weeks for a response.

Can somebody who did receive their code tell me what the subject line stated?

Thanks

Nope, 2 separate emails. I got mine a day apart. The one with the code has the subject "Your Gran Turismo 5 download code and instructions".
 
I called best buy but had a hard time explaining the problem to the rep on the phone. Also being 41 and it being a video game I felt a little odd complaining that I didn't get my fake car I was supposed to get. Lol.
I'm 36. I know what you mean. :lol: The car is kickass, too. I'm not one of those guys who think having it easy ruins the game, so GT-R blew away many of my races for me so far. :p

Like Elkay said, the email title was Your Gran Turismo 5 download code and instructions‏

And inside:
Instructions for redeeming a Promotion Code with your PS3 system:

1. Sign into your PlayStation Network account.
2. Visit PlayStation Store via your PlayStation 3 system.
3. Select the Redeem Codes icon from the Store.
4. Enter your 12-character promotion code and select Continue.

PSN CODE: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx


5. Select Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the voucher code.
6. Once complete, the downloaded product will be accessible from the XMB (XrossMediaBar).

I didn't get my code for awhile, so I emailed them. Automated confirmation from(one that says 'thanks, we'll get back 2 ya) them was timed at 4:04pm, received the second email with the actual bonus car code at 6:51. Also, I never ever heard back from the customer service people I sent the original email to, so I guess it's entirely possible that they were the one's that expedited it.
 
Back