Best car for Le Mans 30 minute 700 race?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.

8 laps in 30 minutes is impossible,
Not really impoossible, it is hard but all you need to do is cross that start finish line after the 7th lap and BEFORE your time runs out. I came close within 8 seconds of crossing the line to start the 8th lap before the time ran out.

8 laps in 30 minutes is impossible, first there isn't such a fast car in this pp category and second if you "make " ( theoretically ) one , you gonna need at least one time tyres and fuel .
Other than that, every car that need one stop for 7 laps and move under 4.10 area can do 8 laps and they are many of them.
Lapping under 4.00 minutes , allow you to do 2 pitstops and still find your self in 8 laps race .
Of course all the above need the help of the weather to have a dry race .

Best car for that race is what pleases everyone the most , thats the reality and thats why they are too many options.
Might be a slower one or fast one , easy or difficult to drive , might need one stop , two stops or none ,
It's about personal choice and experience that you gain using multiple cars .
If someone looking for specific characteristics , only then the answer will be specific.
For example, if someone ( newbie mostly ) looking for an easy way and trouble free from the weather car, that's have an answer.
Cheapest car also have an answer,etc.etc.

I like Monica Bellucci, you like sarliz theron , who can blame us and what for?😂
there are a lot of vehicles, but there are only a handful of those with optimal performance and good fuel consumption 🙈 I hate vehicles that will last 2 laps on FM6 and have 699.99PP and every person who advertises such a car should warn that the crap car will only last 2 laps...

Not really impoossible, it is hard but all you need to do is cross that start finish line after the 7th lap and BEFORE your time runs out. I came close within 8 seconds of crossing the line to start the 8th lap before the time ran out.

Might need a farther explanation, i mean impossible is to do 8 laps BEFORE time expires which means 8 laps in 29 plus minutes .
To do that need a car able to run under 3.40 and still don't need a single pitstop.
Laps under 3.40 is possible for an " alien " to achieve but probably he will need 3 pitstops or two at least and will loose almost a minute ( or more ) at the pits.
That's what i mean.

there are a lot of vehicles, but there are only a handful of those with optimal performance and good fuel consumption 🙈 I hate vehicles that will last 2 laps on FM6 and have 699.99PP and every person who advertises such a car should warn that the crap car will only last 2 laps...
Me too, i hate 2 stoppers , i never use them for second time anyway.
You are talking about the " Golden Cut " between performance and fuel consumption, thats have an answer taking in consideration how fast you " want " to move on the track and the level you choose to do it.
I always run on easy level for example ( except few times) trying to do the best possible lap without the " help " or "disturb" from the AI.
But that's me , others can have different preferences and if that's fine for them , why to disagree ?

Last edited:
There are no cars in the 700pp range that can 8 lap the le man race in under 30 minutes which is why its never been posted by anyone.

There are no cars in the 700pp range that can 8 lap the le man race in under 30 minutes which is why its never been posted by anyone.
I agree you cannot do 8 laps under 30 minutes, but you can do 8 laps before finishing race, i had just done my first ever 8 lap race in roughly 33:55, I crossed the line in the 7th lap before time ran out forcing an eight lap race.
18b4bfe6e0029-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434633463997157_1697786968738.jpg
And here are settings for the car
18b4bfe925044-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434633459035428_1697786949357.jpg
Edit: ok I misunderstood the post and apologize for the mistake

Last edited:
I agree you cannot do 8 laps under 30 minutes, but you can do 8 laps before finishing race, i had just done my first ever 8 lap race in roughly 33:55, I crossed the line in the 7th lap before time ran out forcing an eight lap race.
View attachment 1296680
And here are settings for the car
View attachment 1296681
Edit: ok I misunderstood the post and apologize for the mistake
Yeah that's the normal 8 laps its been done alot by me and others users and posted in this thread.
👍

Since is available at the LCD , i grab the chance to post the tune i use in this race with the Nissan R92CP which is a superior car ( with mazda 787 also ) for lemans and Sartegna also.
The tune is a copy from the guys use at Sartegna trying to bust ( successfully ) the 23 min. barrierView attachment 1275692 View attachment 1275693
Uses the manual gear box and mid turbo .
Very fast car , safe and easy 4 laps stint at FM1 .
Without penalties and not much effort can easily run at 3.53s , fast laps are close to 3.50s or under .
My record is 3.49 high at clean lap with " free air " in front.
It's a " must buy " car especially for griding purposes.
Tomorrow ill upload the 787 witch is another must buy car for the same reasons.
Especially new players, must take care not to miss those two cars .
The setup is nice, but I have a question... is it normal for it to pull gears? It achieves high revs in 4th and 5th gear. 302 km/h in 4th gear and only then changes to 5th gear. I play on a pad.

Greetings

The setup is nice, but I have a question... is it normal for it to pull gears? It achieves high revs in 4th and 5th gear. 302 km/h in 4th gear and only then changes to 5th gear. I play on a pad.

Greetings
Am playing on a pad also and i use AT gears .
Also i use manual gear box in this one instead of racing which is something i don't do very often.
You can use your own settings in gear box , what suits you better .
If i remember well, this way is able to pull 7 laps in FM6 and i leave it as it is running at FM1 doing 4 laps .

I haven't use it lately since i was running - testing various other cars and perhaps you have right that isn't the best way to set gearing , but was working fine back then with me while I was chasing the faster lap for my average skills.

If I revisit again i let you know.
The main thing is that is an excellent car for that race and not only , cost very cheap comparing with other alternatives of his class and run steady under 4.00 minutes without even push it.

Edit.
The " answer " for the cheapest ( i guess ) alternative for this race.

RB junior, RS tyres, FM1, 5 laps one stop .
IMG_20231020_194044840_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231020_193821243.jpg

Was able to pull 8 lap race on dry track .

Last edited:

Greetings

Today i test different configurations on R92CP gear box.
Unfortunately it's almost the same thing due to only 5 gears gearbox available.
If you pull gears enough, you use very long first gear in slower exits , if you shorten the gears, you use second gear which is prity much the same thing.
Of course that's for AT user cause MT gears is another story that am not familiar at it , i use it only when rain caught me out without tyres or at difficult cars at rainy track .
Verdict : only lap times can prove what is best to use considering that you are lapping steady laps .
Experience you gain by playing, allow you to know where you loose time , when you did a mistake and how much cost you etc.etc.
Looking at check points time, you can identify many things about " performance" .

Hello guys,
I use an engine-swapped Suzuki Cappucino (595hp with turbo - very high range). It only has about 594pp, but it hits 350+kph on Mulsanne straight! The car is very tailhappy, but if you learn to race with it, you can do laptimes (like I, in dry conditions) around 3:57!

Hello guys,
I use an engine-swapped Suzuki Cappucino (595hp with turbo - very high range). It only has about 594pp, but it hits 350+kph on Mulsanne straight! The car is very tailhappy, but if you learn to race with it, you can do laptimes (like I, in dry conditions) around 3:57!
Is this car capable of doing the race with just one stop?

Hello guys,
Is this car capable of doing the race with just one stop?
If you get a dry or mostly-dry race, it should be able to get to lap 8 before 30 minutes even with 3 stops. I just did a run with a Nissan GT-R Gr.B tuned for the Clubman Cup Plus 700 PP events where my best lap was 3:56, and after 3 stops complete with tire changes (would have been 2 had I not been spooked into a change to intermediates), I still had to back off quite a bit to keep from triggering the 8th lap.

Last edited:
Wait, maybe I'm missing something, but why is 8 laps a goal? If I'm about to cross the line at the end of lap 6 and I have a greater lead over the P2 car than I do time left on the clock (which is virtually guaranteed if it pours), I literally sit there and wait for it to run out.

On topic: I have literally 50+ different road cars turned to "Gr.4-esque" in a stable that I do this race with, and all are capable of 4 laps on FM6. You really don't need anything special.

Wait, maybe I'm missing something, but why is 8 laps a goal? If I'm about to cross the line at the end of lap 6 and I have a greater lead over the P2 car than I do time left on the clock (which is virtually guaranteed if it pours), I literally sit there and wait for it to run out.

On topic: I have literally 50+ different road cars turned to "Gr.4-esque" in a stable that I do this race with, and all are capable of 4 laps on FM6. You really don't need anything special.
All of the gr.3 gr.4 cars are capable of 1 stopping the race people are talking about road cars which are much less efficient when they say they only get two laps and than need fuel.. I personally like road cars for this race race cars have so much downforce its not enough of a challenge at 700pp so I use all the road cars I can get with race car swaps

I to hate doing 7 or even 8 laps and whenever I do this race I always pray enough rains falls to slow the ai down for only 6 laps.

I think 8 laps is more of a personal goal its not needed but its fun to try it with different cars and see if you can push that car to 8 laps cause not all cars are capable of doing 8 laps.

it's more of a challenge than grinding. you drive fast while saving fuel.

if i want to grind fast, i'll just go tokyo 600, same amount in under 27mins.

Personally, the less laps I do with that race, the better.

So 7 laps is completely fine with me. I am even praying for rain pouring for at least two laps.

Is Tokyo the same in terms of CRB?
No it isn't.
Hit a car .....you loose bonus
Hit from another car ...... you loose bonus.
Pass the white line at your left in the the back straight at the chikane.....you loose bonus.
Hit as many walls you like ,you don't loose bonus.

Usually players that choose that race ,they done that hundreds of time and they know exactly where the AI are , where to pass without problems,etc.etc.
That race was the most difficult Griding race from the beginning of the game even at easy level.
You couldn't even touch the wall back then.
Anyway,was set as a challenge and most of the players challenge their selves with it.
After Tomahawk glitch, other glitches discovered by high power cars that could go flat out using the walls or not.

In a few words:
You love or hate that race , am from those who hate it period 😂

Last edited:

Back when the game first launched, the race-selection screen mistakenly said it was an 8-lap race, not a 30-minute endurance race.

I've been trying to work out which were the best cars for doing this race and wondered if I was missing anything, so decided the best way was to let the cars fight it out for my affections!

I created a custom race at Le Mans and added all the cars from my garage that were just below 700pp, that I might use for the 30 minute race. At first I did the actual 30 minutes and made it heavy rain on laps 2 and 3 but I didn't want to spend that much time on it and not get the £825,000 rewards for doing it, so I created a 3 lap race in dry weather as that would be enough to tell me about their speed and fuel usage.

It wasn't 100% scientific as the AI decided to use better tyres on all the cars (I had most set up with IM's for the proper race) but it was good to see the results were what I would expect, pretty much. I then split the road/race cars into separate races and then made a combined one of the top cars from each (plus some VGT's) to have a shoot out.

Only annoying thing was the AI pitting when it didn't really have to when a car had good tyres and over half a tank of fuel left plus I was still running my car on IM's and they were all on racing tyres.

Attachments

• IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 4
Back