Best car for Le Mans 30 minute 700 race?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.

I've been trying to work out which were the best cars for doing this race and wondered if I was missing anything, so decided the best way was to let the cars fight it out for my affections!

I created a custom race at Le Mans and added all the cars from my garage that were just below 700pp, that I might use for the 30 minute race. At first I did the actual 30 minutes and made it heavy rain on laps 2 and 3 but I didn't want to spend that much time on it and not get the £825,000 rewards for doing it, so I created a 3 lap race in dry weather as that would be enough to tell me about their speed and fuel usage.

It wasn't 100% scientific as the AI decided to use better tyres on all the cars (I had most set up with IM's for the proper race) but it was good to see the results were what I would expect, pretty much. I then split the road/race cars into separate races and then made a combined one of the top cars from each (plus some VGT's) to have a shoot out.

Only annoying thing was the AI pitting when it didn't really have to when a car had good tyres and over half a tank of fuel left plus I was still running my car on IM's and they were all on racing tyres.
It ONLY depends to what you're seeking for.
In fact the term " Best " its only when you have certain parameters to consider or seek for.

A Ferrari is certainly a better car on the road than many others out there , but there's no way to compete a 4X4 fiat panda in an uphill road which is covered with snow .
You can cut a salad with an expensive axe but the cheap knife from the supermarket will make the work faster , easier, safer and without cost 😂

Many players are referring as best, some cars that they like and are used to race with .
That's might be the " best " for them without explaining the reasons why.

They are the best cause are always win with them ?
Cause are faster ?
Cause are easy to drive ?
Cause are entertaining being tail happy ?

Cause they have good fuel consumption and performance ?
Cause they sound great ?

In a TT for example they aren't many best cars , only one or maybe two and the best goes to that they can cover the certain distance in the lowest possible time .

Racing at La Sarthe the 30 minutes race - usually for grinding - best cars can be more than a hundred easily.
But under certain parameters the range are quite small.

So far I have been beating this race fairly easily in the Genesis G70 Gr.4 with minor adjustments. However, are there any other cars that are any better to do this race in? I was thinking maybe of getting the Toyota Supra GT500 97 but is it actually worth it if I already have a car that I can comfortably win the race with? Would the difference be noticeable or fairly similar? 1.8 mil is a lot to spend simply for a few seconds of time difference.
Have you thought of using a Classic car?Some are faster than modern cars,they tend to soumd much better as well.You have a wide choice of different engines,Rotary,V12,NA and Turbocharged or Supercharged.99% of the Classic cars in my Tuning Garage will win at Le Sarthe.Some are easier to drive than others so there is another challenge.Most have no aero at all and skinny tyres,such as the DB3s,this has bog standard brake pads and skinny tyres,BUT it will hit over 200 mph down Mulsanne.

I could add my 2 pence to this discussion but i have to agree with @smoothbore12 in the respect of what is best for you and how you want to run with this. The easiest and most cost effective is the RedBull Junior with RM/RH tyres and set at FM4 to FM6 you can do the entire race without pitstops (depending on weather), two other good ones but cost more are the Honda RA272 and the Mazda 787B (or really any of the Group C cars) and if you are "rich" go get the 20,000,000 Ferrari 330 P4, it rides well and is easy on tyres and fuel. If you need help with setups head over here for more information

I'm lazy, so group 3 Nissan GTR, detuned to suit and on racing mediums. Go FM 6 as soon as the race starts, you'll lack a bit on straights but AI are pretty terrible in corners.
Keep an eye on the weather radar and be ready to dive to the pits for intermediates if its heavy enough (no need to use wets). Sometimes it'll come at the end of lap 2 - if this happens you'll be half a lap short to get to the end, but you can stop again any time, depending how the weather goes you can leave this to last lap and possibly switch back to mediums.
If its dry, stop at the end of lap 4, thats the only one you'll need.
Regardless of weather, AI will stop twice, you should be winning by over a minute in the dry.

You can do pretty much the same in the Gr4 Cayment GT4 Clubsport but the Nissan (unsurprisingly) has more grip.

I'm lazy, so group 3 Nissan GTR, detuned to suit and on racing mediums. Go FM 6 as soon as the race starts, you'll lack a bit on straights but AI are pretty terrible in corners.
Keep an eye on the weather radar and be ready to dive to the pits for intermediates if its heavy enough (no need to use wets). Sometimes it'll come at the end of lap 2 - if this happens you'll be half a lap short to get to the end, but you can stop again any time, depending how the weather goes you can leave this to last lap and possibly switch back to mediums.
If its dry, stop at the end of lap 4, thats the only one you'll need.
Regardless of weather, AI will stop twice, you should be winning by over a minute in the dry.

You can do pretty much the same in the Gr4 Cayment GT4 Clubsport but the Nissan (unsurprisingly) has more grip.
Or you can use the Honda 272 on FM6,as long as the weather holds there is no need to pit at all and i usually have well over a 2 min lead.

I'm lazy, so group 3 Nissan GTR,
Lazy? that is too much work for what you posted, you want lazy? try this...

Last edited:
You want really easy one take nissan R92 , fm6 from start RH tyre , no pit stop until it's really raining .

Even more easy with 2 pit stop the escudo.

There is so many car that can fit this event just try any car you like after one lap you know if it's possible or not .

Last edited:
Ferrari F8 Tributo = Easy win.
Yes, that's true. This car can be competitive even as a Gr. 3 if well tuned and driven (I've won the Spa-Francorchamps 1 hour event indeed), as a Gr. 4 is even better. I have to check if also the AI can be competitive with this car.

Also a Corvette C8 "Gr. 4" can be competitive at Le Mans 700... And what a sound from its engine! Music...

Last edited:
I won the Nismo R400 randomly and tried it around Le Mans 30 mins race and it was AMAZING! Easily a 1 stop race and I got lucky with weather once and managed 8 laps. Coasting the last one though because of fuel haha! It can easily do sub 4 minute laps and 4wd means it doesn't mind a slippy track! LOVE IT!

I won the Nismo R400 randomly and tried it around Le Mans 30 mins race and it was AMAZING! Easily a 1 stop race and I got lucky with weather once and managed 8 laps. Coasting the last one though because of fuel haha! It can easily do sub 4 minute laps and 4wd means it doesn't mind a slippy track! LOVE IT!
Try either the Porsche Carerra 365 or the Honda 272.The only reason to make a stop is if the weather gets bad and you need to change tyres.

Aston Martin VGT is quite a beast at LeMans, run manual transmission and short shift you should be in front of everyone before the end of lap one, then dial down the fuel consumption and other than cooking your tyres you should be an easy winner.

Made the classic error of mis-timing my 30 minute finish and having to do the 8th lap. To make matters worse, I was just about out of fuel, so had to go round at 50mph.
40 min race.jpg

On a positive note, it gave me the opportunity to try out some different racing lines
Oops.jpg

Oops! :)

TIL: It is possible to lose the clean race bonus at this race. Has never happened to me before. A batch of the AI cars spun off at a chicane due to a sudden yellow rainstorm, yellow flags popped up for no overtaking, I did anyway, got a 10s penalty and lost the bonus.

TIL: It is possible to lose the clean race bonus at this race. Has never happened to me before. A batch of the AI cars spun off at a chicane due to a sudden yellow rainstorm, yellow flags popped up for no overtaking, I did anyway, got a 10s penalty and lost the bonus.
Yes unfortunately, if you pass under yellow flags you loose the CRB.
Wasn't like this in the past but after some update from the earlier ones that happens.
You get penalty for that ( 3 seconds ) and you also loose CRB couple a month's now or a bit more .
And of course this applies also to the other griding races with Tokyo among of them having and couple of more parameters involved in that .

Back