Best car for super races

• Thread starter Silk08
  • 20 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Silk08
Need the best car for the 650 or less races looking at maybe a Ferrari FXX or mclaren f1 GTR will these enter all races for 650 or less and r they the best options?? Thanks in advance any help would be great

if by best you mean the car that makes everything easy , chaparel 2j is the choice
the only problem is it doesnt have headlights so you have to use driving line to know where u going

Anything that relies more on its low weight than pure power will make an excellent choice.

LCC Rocket, X2014-Junior, 2J, etc.

For the 650pp Race Car races, it is hard to say there is really a "best" option. Finding the right driver/car combination is key. I completed the first few with the Lexus GT500 Base Model car. The rubber band AI will slow down depending on the PP of the car you use and lap times you log. If you go with a near 650pp McLaren F1, you might find yourself against the BMW McLaren F1 GTR in a battle you cannot win.

Cars I've used:
Lexus GT500 Base Model
McLaren F1 Stealth
Honda HSV Base Model
Citroen GT Race Car
Nissan Z GT500 Base Model
Ford GT LM Spec 2 Test Car

I will add that unless you have a great tune for a Group GT3 car (Audi, Merc, BMW, Nissan) they are too slow to win without heavily relying on the slow rubber band AI. I tried the Merc and was never fast enough to make it a legit race.

Thanks for the replies tried using rockert got 2nd in Le Mans and 20 mile race. Do u know what u have to complete to get 100% on game complete in status screen? Nearly got all star but only done 75% thanks for ur help with this

Both please
A well tuned Lotus Elise '11 or Light Rocket will take the Road Car races easily. The lighter the car, the better the tire and fuel economy. I also used the Citroen GT Road car...it has Race Car-like adjustable downforce...and a tuned Murcielago for more "fair" races.

The "secret" with any the Super Races is the gimmicky Tire Wear issues. Make your first stint last one extra lap over halfway. The tires on your second stint will deplete much faster than the first. If you can do that, you can win with any car.

*I use Quicktune for all my cars.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-quick-tune.294825/

Both please
As crowhop said, a light car, the Rocket to be precise, is the best option for the road car races BUT depending on your driving skill it can be really boring (too easy to win)
For the 650PP race cars, an easy option is the fan car Chaparral 2J because it has ultra high grip due to the fan sucking the car to the ground. Its another car to get bored with, because of how good it is.
Another good option, especially for le mans, is the Deltawing, because its so light that has much better fuel consumption and tyre management compared to the rest of race cars. And its fast too. Its a bit weird to drive but its a very solid bet.

I did many 24 minutes on nurb.. the best times I got so far was in 905b and then 908(Peugeot).. the Chaparral is sure the best race car up to 650pp but have no lights so be careful during night section if you chose it.the Deltawing is a beast but you have to change your driving stile a lot(I still can't drive the car properly).
For the road car races go for the rocket.Drive it in stock (no need to change the tires).

I strongly agree with the posts that mention weight is key. I did the 24h Nurburgring race over the weekend with the Mazda Furai (technically a "street" car) and it was a cakewalk. I didn't pit at all and still had over a 1/4 tank of gas left and my lowest tire was on "8" at the end.

Please note there are a number of cars that would work, and work well. The Furai was just the easiest of all the ones I've tried so far.

I strongly agree with the posts that mention weight is key. I did the 24h Nurburgring race over the weekend with the Mazda Furai (technically a "street" car) and it was a cakewalk. I didn't pit at all and still had over a 1/4 tank of gas left and my lowest tire was on "8" at the end.

Please note there are a number of cars that would work, and work well. The Furai was just the easiest of all the ones I've tried so far.
Furai is an LMP, nothing like a street car!

McLaren F1 best car with no race car numbers. McLaren F1 Stealth best 650 race car. 2J best car to detune and get must win. Pescarolo C60 best LMP. Don't use detuned LMPs for lower PP races, kind of like hitting from the red tees.

In the 650 PP normal car races I find that a 500PP Mazda RX500 does very well, as does the RUF 3400S also at 500PP and the MX5 and 500PP can do the job and of course you have lots of room to add some power if you need it to win.

In the 650 PP normal car races I find that a 500PP Mazda RX500 does very well, as does the RUF 3400S also at 500PP and the MX5 and 500PP can do the job and of course you have lots of room to add some power if you need it to win.
From my experience, due to the rubber band nature of the AI, most any car could win. Were the races any different or closer than those raced using a 610pp car, for instance?

I used a 575pp Race Car for the Silverstone race and then used a 640pp Race Car for the same race with the same field and the race result was nearly identical despite my laps being a good bit slower.

From my experience, due to the rubber band nature of the AI, most any car could win. Were the races any different or closer than those raced using a 610pp car, for instance?

I used a 575pp Race Car for the Silverstone race and then used a 640pp Race Car for the same race with the same field and the race result was nearly identical despite my laps being a good bit slower.
Well one reason those cars can win at 500PP is that they handle really well and can make it without stopping for tires or fuel. It does depend on the AI pit strategy though in some cases the fastest AI car will pit only once and then can be hard to beat but normally those fastest cars pit twice.

There are several 500PP cars that can not win the race and most of them you have to drive very well to win. I have ran it in at least 10 different cars with different results.

Back