Brag about your car collection!

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 81 comments
United States
United States
We all know how tedious it can be to earn the credits for all the expensive cars in this game, especially those with limited availability, so the purpose of this thread is to gloat about all the wonderful cars you have acquired and if you want to explain or discuss your own collecting habits. If you have grids of cars for custom races then I want to hear about them.

I like to have the ability to use any car in the game in an arcade or custom race, so I have at least one of every car. Most cars that I have modified for grinding I keep a stock duplicate of as well. If I particularly like a car that I can’t get from BC then there’s a good chance I have three in case if one ends up losing power permanently. The only grid I own is a Group C grid.

So on to my garage of over 600 cars (over 130 favorites I race somewhere)

1x every car
3x Alfa Romeo 155 DTM
3x Alpine A220
3x Aston Martin One-77
2x Aston Martin Vulcan
3x BMW 3.0 CSL ‘73
3x McLaren F1 GTR ‘97
4x Bugatti Veyron
3x Ferrari F40
3x Ferrari F50
3x Enzo Ferrari
3x LaFerrari
3x FXX-k
2x 330 P4
2x Ferrari GTO
2x Ferrari 512BB
2x Ford MkIV Race Car
2x Ford GT40 MkI
2x Ford Roadster
2x F1500T-A
3x Honda RA272
4x Jaguar XJR-9
3x Lambo Countach ‘88
2x Lambo Veneno
2x Mazda RX500
4x Mazda 787b
2x McLaren F1 ‘94
4x McLaren F1 GTR’95
3x McLaren MP4/4
4x Mercedes CLK-LM
4x Mercedes Sauber C9
3x Nissan GT-R GT500 99’
3x Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette
4x Nissan R92CP
2x Pagani Zonda R
3x Pagani Huayra
2x 911 Turbo (930)
3x Carrera GT
3x 911 GT1 Strassenversion
3x Porsche 917K
2x Carrera GTS (904)
3x Porsche 959
10x Porsche 962C
3x Suzuki Escudo
3x Supra GT500 ‘97

I didn’t spend real money to buy the 3,550 cars I bought since the game debuted.
IMG_2457.png

I’m married, have a full time job, I’m an artist, have a pre-teen daughter, go out with the family, travel with the family, cook, clean, hang out with my wife, practice my ninjitsu, go out with friends, visit relatives and still play the game on my days off and during holidays and pretty much as I please, being 52 years old and all.

I’m blessed to have a wife and daughter that know I love to play Gran Turismo and pretty much leave me alone to do so. Now that I’m using remote play, I have that bit extra time to play in addition to my extra time to play. ;)

If I were to share what’s in my garage, rather than brag, currently in my garage(106 cars):

6x R32 ‘90
4x Supra ‘88
4x Alfa 155
20x Sierra ‘87
21x M3 ‘89
21x M3 SE ‘89
20x Evo IV ‘96
2X Mitsubishi GTO
1x Mazda 3 RB26 conversion
1x Supra GT500
1x GR Yaris Special Australian Flag livery
1x 917 LL
1x Stealth RX-Vision GT3
1x CSL ‘71
1x Supra Gr.3 Manu loan car
1x Supra Gr.4 Manu loan car

Haven’t kept track of the total number of multiple cars I bought, sold and discarded. However, I’d say, the AE86s would account for one thousand of those purchases. The E30 M3s would next. Followed by both CSLs, the 240 ZG and Evo IV. Porsche 964 & 930T would be up there as well. Bought and sold(and discarded) many of those.

If that’s bragging then, yes, I guess I’m contributing to the thread. :sly:

Why would anyone ever brag about owning digital items?

Oh, wait, NFTs are a thing for some reason...
Some of us are passionate about our hobbies and like to share despite not being very good at them… and the thread is supposed to be silly; I’m basically telling everyone how little of a life I have considering how much grinding was necessary to get all these lovely digital cars.

Not gonna brag about what I have already since I posted that in the other thread but I will brag about which cars I plan on buying X20 of.

Aston Martin Valkyire
R18 e-tron 2016
N2025 Vision GT
N2025 Vision GT Gr.1
F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu 1995 I still need 8 more for X20
Zonda R 2009
919 Hybrid 2016
R.S.01 2016
SF23 Dallara/Honda 2023
GR010 Hybrid 2021
TS050 Hybrid 2016
918 Porsche

Sadly right now I'm being tamed waiting for the last 4 cars I need to finish buying 1 of each so I have to hold back on buying.

@DextroCat Kinda disappointment by the lack of X20 cars in your collection.:(
I think my limit is going to be 6 of one car so it only occupies one row in my garage, but maybe more if I get more into custom races. I’ve thought it might be cool to do versus grids with 10 of one car racing against 10 of another.

Stop bragging that you have a life. Your kind wind me up! :cool:
Not bragging about that, everybody chose how to use their spare time as they want :)
I bought the 20M Alfa yesterday (but not 20 times unfortunately @Chikane_GTR ), and will probably never drive it, is this something I can brag about? :D :D
in my book, yes absolutely, not sure I'll ever have enough money for this one, I am currently saving for the last of the 3 legendary cars needed for the trophy, and after that... I'll rely on what the WOD will offer and my birthday car 😅

Last edited:
My buying trends usually involve trying to get at least one of each car, but with a focus on first getting cars in color(s) that I like if they're only found in the UCD/LCD. If that car can have an engine swap, then I'll buy a second one, ideally in another color/pattern that I like, so I can still tune one of them with the stock engine. If the car is affordable enough, I still might buy two in case they get an engine swap. For example, I have two of the Sprinter Trueno (AE86) - one in the iconic white and black, and another that's red and black.

Otherwise, for cars that only get one color/livery, like the various classic race cars in the LCD, I don't mind waiting until I feel more comfortable buying them.

I also have chosen not to repaint my cars, even if there's no special decals that'll vanish if I do so. If I want to tell two cars apart that only come in a single color that I like - such as the Alfa Romeo 4C or the Abarth 595 - I've decided to simply install different body parts on identical cars, like a different wheel design.

But I do have some Extra Menus that feature comparatively affordable cars, especially the Shelby menu, where I really would prefer to wait until the classic GT350 and the Cobra are in the LCD in a particular pattern.

Last edited:
I drive at best 5 cars per week. I have collected all the cars that are currently in the game and have 10mio credits for the cars in the coming update.

Generally I limit myself to a maximum of one each car so that I don’t have a garage that consists entirely of one car
The only time I’ll ever break that rule is if I need the cars for a trophy (E.g. The “Own 10 copies of the same car” trophy, where I just bought 10 Go-Karts) or if I want two of the same car for different types of racing (E.g. I have two 3000GTs, one for WTC600 and one for WTC700)

if I want two of the same car for different types of racing (E.g. I have two 3000GTs, one for WTC600 and one for WTC700)
you can use different sheets for settings, and you name those sheets with appropriate names like "WTC600" 'WTC700" and you're good, with zero additionnal cost

you can use different sheets for settings, and you name those sheets with appropriate names like "WTC600" 'WTC700" and you're good, with zero additionnal cost
Easier to have two of the same car with different setups than it is to have one car and have to remember to change the setup you’re using

Easier to have two of the same car with different setups
Maybe, but it is very quick to change settings, even deep dowin into race menus (can't remember how deep though).
And it is much less costly too, but maybe you don't have credits issues 😅

I have 427 cars in the garage. Only 2 have repeats as they were prize cars in the last 2 days and their current used valuation is at their all-time lows, so I'm waiting to sell them when they go back up. Other than that, I am trying to buy 1 of every car in the game. I only have 3 more legendary cars to buy but that will cost me 60M credits. The remaining cars I need to buy are VGT's and other "over 1M credit" cars. So I probably need about 90-100M credits to complete my collection. I own all the Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B cars. I do not run custom races unless I am auto-grinding for credits so no need for me to own multiples of the same car. I don't care if I do an engine swap to a Fiat Abarth and no longer have the crappy 32hp engine any more. I will never use the car if it has such little power, so no need to collect multiples of those cars, IMO.

I'm pretty much just spending my time now auto-grinding to collect the next 45M credits I need to finish buying those 3 legendary cars. Then I'll probably go back to actual grinding of Tokyo or Sardegna to build up the last remaining credits I need to finish out the full collection.

Easier to have two of the same car with different setups than it is to have one car and have to remember to change the setup you’re using

I will agree with @Lomic on this one , one car with different tune sheets is more helpful and way economical than have a bunch of them at different tunes.
Of course they are more reasons to have copies that are reasonable as well , wide bodies, swaps and definitely modifications that are permanent.
I also have copies but at least one is without any permanent modifications , i want the car to be able to run in stock mode if needed at any time.
The way the game is " build " ( for me at least) is to have you " occupied" with something " different" that needs credits more and more and more .
Don't want to extend on that but i guess you all understand what i mean .

Back