Status
Not open for further replies.

F1

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Premium
United Kingdom
Scotland
GTP_Lamborghini
Sorry if this I already out there but the search on the app isn't great!
So can anyone tell me the best cars for 400pp and 500pp? I have tons for 650pp that are a walk over for my bobs but even my 38 struggles in the 400pp!!
Any tips?
Cheers!

400pp my favorite is Citroen Xsara rally car '99 👍
500pp Shelby Series One Supercharged '03 👍
Those make it easy for me :)
Just put on search "best 500pp" found abt 25 threads :lol:

Last edited:
I am loving my tuned-up Miata (from the New Car dealership) for 500pp raced on sport hard tires. It's just fun car (it works also for 400pp races de-tuned) - but I've got an old RX-7 (2nd Gen) that I use for 400pp races.

for the A spec, I use a stock Toyota GT-86 from the new car dealership. It starts off around 400pp, you might have to add some ballast or set it to 90 something % engine power to get to 400, but it is pretty easy, when they are new. I then take the same car, get rid of the ballast and put engine power to 100%- which gives you 405pp-415pp (depending on how well the car is broken in) and I smoke the 500pp cars in that race with my approx. 410pp GT-86. The only problem I have when using this is getting passed on long straights by cars with bigger engines (i.e Skyline GT-R, NSX etc.) but I make up the time in the corners and have never lost a race on the last lap or last straight, I am usually 10+ seconds in front of the second place car on the final lap. I would not use the 410pp GT-86 in B-spec unless I had a BOB of level 20 or higher though, they make too many mistakes that are hard to recover from.

I have also bought a second GT-86, and did every possible modification on it, and it sits at around 530pp, then I de-tune it down to 500pp (or just tune it up to 500pp in the first place, no need to do all weight savings), and it smokes the 500pp no problem. I even made the mistake of running my new, never raced before level 0 BOB in a 500pp race with the highly tuned GT-86, and it had no problems getting first.

400pp my favorite is Citroen Xsara rally car '99 👍
500pp Shelby Series One Supercharged '03 👍
Those make it easy for me :)
Just put on search "best 500pp" found abt 25 threads :lol:

Xsara rally car!!! Got it but I would have never thought of that!! I was trying with the Lancia Delta Hf but couldn't do better than second. My bob's not that good, level 15...

For 400, I like the Pug Turbo 16 (if I don't like the track ie Tsukuba) or FTO GP Version R

For 500: Ruf RGT all the way

400 pp: Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 evolution II '91: fully tuned but without motortuning and adapting the motor output to 68 %. This always does the trick.

500 pp: Lotus elise 111R '04: also fully tunes without motortuning. All this gives you 498 pp. Enough to beat the 500 pp events.

SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '91 works well for 400pp
Lotus Ellise 111R RM for 500pp (superb at Tsukuba!)

Outeke
Fully loaded Midget, de-tuned to 400pp rocks the race :-)

👍 And is fun! Makes for amusing replays.

Bobs seem to like 400pp Mini Coopers. Or detune a loaded Sambabus for something different. Use high rpm turbo unless you've got good gearing for the mid as Bob won't short shift!

Last edited:
400 pp: Fit Mugen Race Car
500 pp: S2000 Mugen Race Car

Both won without any input.

650 pp: 2J

The Series 1 Shelby for 500pp is a good call. A few times they trip up if they get held up and the front two leap away (Nsx/Esprit) - But that is cold racing, if you start shouting at them they tend to find the win for you.

I use a V624V Clio Lucetia for 400spec races for my BSpec babes. This car is a car that is a crusie and collect. good if you are slightly busy but want cash and the usd to tick over.

For 400pp lately I like the Opel Speedster. Seems similar to a Miata at that level, but seems to get through the fields even more competently.

I use these:

400PP: Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
500PP: Suzuki GSX-R

For 500, I use my Prowler, tuned a bit, with SS's. Makes for some fun challenges keeping it straight, but still enough go in it to win.

I like the idea of the tuned Midget for 400. Gonna dust mine off this weekend.

For 400PP I'm using a premium Peugeot 207 GTi '07. Reduced the weight to 1200kg, added a 5 speed close ratio transmission, a single plate clutch, a sports flywheel, a fixed sports kit suspension. I set the brakes to 7/6 and reduced the to power 99,3% or 180 BHP. Sports Hard of course. This car now has 66 400PP victories.

Last edited:
400pp - I use a detuned Honda NSX Type R on Racing Soft Tyres.
550pp - I use a partially tuned Mitsubishi Evo VI on Racing Soft Tyres.

The GT86 is really good for 400pp. My absolute never fails car for 500pp is the Lotus Esprit 350 or something. (the one with the stock wing) Bob absolutely drives the pants off that car.

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91

Can only be found in the Used Car lot, I believe--not sure if it appears in Online Car lot. Regardless, it isnt at the Dealership or won.

It handles so sweet for B and A-spec. I typically keep it at 400PP and never fail with it.
500pp I use my Lotus Elise 111R ’04

Looks like U.R. and I have same tastes ;)

I recently tuned my Mazda Protege and it works fairly well at 400pp

At 500pp i use the BMW z4 M coupe

Last edited:
I tried something different and for the 400pp events I tried with the Peugeot 106 S16 with some mods. For some reason it wipes the floor with the competition. Its very light so it take the corners very fast. On the map with the big oval bridge (sorry I am new to GT5) I was first by the second lap lol... I was struggling with some other cars on these events, but then I tried this Peugeot and I finished em with no issues and with the first try. For the 430pp events (I think they are for B-Spec only but I can be wrong) I tried the 205 16 since the 106 dominated everything in its class and I was excited about Peugeots :dopey: The result was the same - my driver, he is still a noob though, got first on every map in the first 3 laps. I never expected such results with those cars. I am not Peugeot fan myself though. Now the problem is finding a good car for my driver noob in B-Spec. He can't manage to drive my BMW 135 in straight line and for some reason he refuse to overtake opponents if he is driving my R-33. Some guy in the previous posts suggested S2000 so I guess I will try it.

Yeah I went for the Impreza and he is doing way better. For some reason my car becomes more powerful after every race. Every time I have to limit it again because it gained 1 or 2 pp points, but I dont know how and why is this happening.

Yeah I went for the Impreza and he is doing way better. For some reason my car becomes more powerful after every race. Every time I have to limit it again because it gained 1 or 2 pp points, but I dont know how and why is this happening.

You are breaking in the motor. Happens all the time when you jump into a new car. The motor gets stronger the first few hundred miles, so you have to detune it every now and then to get it back to the appropriate level. You will eventually start to see the car lose a small amount of horsepower after you put some miles on it. Just change the oil to gain back the horspeower you are losing.

I have several cars for the 500 PP races: Ford Mustang Cobra R, RUF CTR2, Toyota Supra RZ, and the FT-86 II Concept '11 to name a few. I've used a few cars for the 400 PP races, but my favorite one lately has been the FT-86 II Concept '11. I can run this car and win the 400 and 500 PP races back to back; I just have to take parts off or put them on and tune it to the appropriate level, and I can win with a pretty big lead every time.

I can't remember what I used to win in the 650 pp races in my main account, but I'm doing it again in my second account, and I'm currently using a Zonda R '09 Race Car (Not sure on the name, it is the Premium Pagani race car). Still working on getting the car set-up right and mastering the tracks. I might jump into the BMW McLaren race car if I don't have much luck with the Zonda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back