Best Cars for 400 and 500 pp

• Thread starter F1
  • 82 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
400 - Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91
500 - Tuned Mazda Roadster RS '07

For 400PP I use a Nissan March 12SR from the NCD. I have a billion cars for 500PP though :lol: my favorite is the Lotus Elise 111R.

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91

Can only be found in the Used Car lot, I believe--not sure if it appears in Online Car lot. Regardless, it isnt at the Dealership or won.

It handles so sweet for B and A-spec. I typically keep it at 400PP and never fail with it.

400 - Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91 never fails for me.

Sorry if this I already out there but the search on the app isn't great!
So can anyone tell me the best cars for 400pp and 500pp? I have tons for 650pp that are a walk over for my bobs but even my 38 struggles in the 400pp!!
Any tips?
Cheers!

For 400PP, I had a lot of luck with the '12 Toyota 86 GT, and with the Dodge Ram 1500 which you can pick up in the Online Car Dealership at this current time. On both vehicles I did all the transmission and suspension upgrades as these don't affect your PP.

For 500PP, the Lotus Evora with some mods seemed to do very well.

I've run about 20 different cars in the 500pp. With the BMW M3 and the Lotus Evora being the top 2 in best lap, and shortest total time. They also both take the lead faster than the others.

After hours and hours of testing 500pp cars (I think more than 100 cars) :crazy:

Best 500pp :
For fast track > Ruf RGT, a lot of power and good grip with the good setup.
For slow track > Amuse s2000 r1, a little rocket and good driving sensation.

For 400pp, I think detuned integra or civic type r is the best choice. (always fast and safe) 👍

sorry for my bad english :yuck:

The Ultimate B-spec 500PP Tune (and A-spec FR)

Amuse S2000 R1 '04

Do an engine and chassis rebuild. That way you know you have a solid starting point.

Add these tuning parts:

ECU Tuning
Sports Intake
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Turbo
Adjustable Transmission (Change 6th Gear to 1.035 and Final Gear to 3.900)
Carbon Drive Shaft

Adjust the power limiter down to 500PP (should be 99.2%)

DO NOT ADD:
Adjustable LSD
Customizable Suspension
Chassis Reinforcement

Do not adjust anything but the transmission and power limiter.

This is the fastest Sport Hard 500PP car I have ever driven and Bob loves it. I gave it to a level 40 bob at the Fuji race against the Shelby. Bob took the lead on lap 2 and drove away by almost half a lap by the end. His best lap was 1:56.122 and his total race time was 9:51.584

I took it to the Cape Ring Inside FR Challenge event on Sport Hard tires and smoked the Shelby. My fast lap was 56.596. I'm a decent driver but no alien.

You may want to turn the rear brake down to 4 or even 3 to keep the rear from stepping out under hard braking.

Last edited:
Here's a very simple tune for a car that many hate/fear - on comfort tyres. It'll get the seasonals done easily & is great fun, just watch the tail...

400PP Offline Tune.

Parts to buy.
Fixed sports suspension.
Engine rebuild. (GT Auto)
Chassis rebuild. (GT Auto)
Comfort soft tyres.

Tune.
Put comfort softs on the rear & comfort mediums on the front.
45kg Ballast at -50. (Front)
Set power limiter to 89.4%. (400PP)
Brakes 5 front & 8 rear.
Leave everything else stock.

Have fun!

P.S.

You can use the same format for sports tyres. (Sports medium front, sports soft rear) It just gets better...

I've been using the Pug 106 S16 tuned by RKM for 400pp races.

Tune is as follows:

Based on: Peugeot 106 S16 ‘03
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 164 BHP (@ 231.4 miles)
Torque:---- 19 kgfm
Weight:---- 959 kg
PP:-------- 400

PARTS
Tuning Shop
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter
Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission
(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 4.000
2nd:-- 2.767
3rd:-- 2.135
4th:-- 1.728
5th:-- 1.480
6th:-- 1.305
Final: 2.670
Max Speed: 99 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial: 13/0
Accel:-- 35/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 7.5/4.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/3
Camber:----- 1.5/1.0
Toe:-------- –0.05/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Is a good little car for the races, gets me quite a good lead for the races as well. It's also a good car for the 400pp B-spec races. Bob loves it!

500 pp - Volvo S60
400 pp - Lots of different cars, often Volvo 240 Estate

Both are fun... The S60 on racing softs is a total grip machine and has lots of pull with the mid-range turbo

i use a RUF RGT on 500pp. but really, any car tuned to 400/500pp should work. try putting racing soft tires on, makes it much easier

400pp I use Peugeot 206 rc, 500pp I use Toyota ft 86 12. Both are absolutely top of their game at those pp levels and are very hard to beat

400PP: Opera Performance S2000 '04

500PP: Mines Skyline BNR34 GT-R V-Spec N1 Base '00

They work perfectly in A and B spec! :)

For 500pp, I use the S2000 LM Race Car tuned down just a bit. For 400, I have a Spoon CR-Z tuned way down, but I don't remember what I did those races in and I can't find anything definitive in my lot :/

Best 500pp cars if you want to kill the competition.
1. Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept
2. Lotus Elise lll R RM '04 (or non RM'ed works too)
3. Mazda Furi Concept
4. Lotus Evora
5. Shelby Series 1 Super Charged

400pp - Lotus 111R
- Lancia Stratos '73
- Toyota FT - 86 Concept II
- Suzuki GSX
500pp - Honda NSX Proto LM Road car
- Suzuki GSX
- Lotus 111R
- Scion FR-S

400pp: Honda Dome-Zero Concept
500pp: Lotus Evora w/ no engine mods only 'bolt ons' it's right at 495 and goes up about 1pp/race from break-in but I've been stealing 1st either on lap one or early to mid lap two

For 400PP I'm using a premium Peugeot 207 GTi '07. Reduced the weight to 1200kg, added a 5 speed close ratio transmission, a single plate clutch, a sports flywheel, a fixed sports kit suspension. I set the brakes to 7/6 and reduced the to power 99,3% or 180 BHP. Sports Hard of course. This car now has 66 400PP victories.

Gave this car a shot - it is excellent. I gifted one to my wife and youngest boy, they don't like it... Don't know why. I enter the corner slightly earlier than you think you should, and it holds, especially if you load up the outside tire properly before entering and hit the gas aggressively mid-corner. Nothing crazy on hairpins and the like, but good agressive driving will do.

I'm at about 20 wins with his car and have also played around with some enhancements to take the PP up higher while simultaneously fiddling with a big reduction of engine power (drove it at 50% once and nearly won on Cape Ring FF Seasonal)

I cashed over 1,000,000 for the first time ever in a PP bonus Seasonal Event the other night with my Puegot. Perhaps the cool paint job and painted wheels helps?

500pp, the Honda NSX type R really works well. I suppose it depends on the set up as well regarding the track you race. As a base I think the nurb nord is a good one to base all result on.

400PP Mini clubman. stock with racing hards I've won 500PP races with it as well.

500PP I think I've done most with a stock Maserati Gran Turismo S (racing hards occasionally)

Speedy Samurai
400PP Mini clubman. stock with racing hards I've won 500PP races with it as well.

500PP I think I've done most with a stock Maserati Gran Turismo S (racing hards occasionally)

Mini clubman?

Anyway.

400pp I gotta sweet lil gt 86 for that.

500pp again a gt 86.

It also depends on the particular track, I easily cleared the first 2 tracks on the 'seasonal fr challenge' with the mazda roadster TC but the last 3 tracks it really needed to be a faster car (ended up using s2000 race car).
Really best experimenting with different cars but as a general rule its best to pick a car under the pp limit and tune up or find something close that has more bhp than the typical opponent cars.

Hope that helps.

Psn: daddybats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back