best computer game

Originally posted by eddy_2790
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm.

When/if Grand Theft Auto 3 comes out on PC I'll get it.
hey man ill play you if you want a challange. ;) whats your screen name??

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm.

When/if Grand Theft Auto 3 comes out on PC I'll get it.

CnC Tiberian Sun Firestorm? Best game? YEAH RIGHT its got the graphics of the first game, Red Alert 1 is better than Firestorm.

Unreal 2 best comp game decussion over :D:devil:

Screen name?? Never played online before, couldn't be bothered. The AI in Skirmish is enough.
Man you have to play on line... its where all the challenge is. Anyways man let me know your screen name is when you decide to go online to play.

Originally posted by The_Hunter

CnC Tiberian Sun Firestorm? Best game? YEAH RIGHT its got the graphics of the first game, Red Alert 1 is better than Firestorm.

Unreal 2 best comp game decussion over :D:devil:
Firestorm is way better than Red Alert 1. Is there any Limpet Drones is Red Alert 1, no. Any Juggernaughts in Red Alert 1, no. There's not even Tiberium, just crappy ol' ore.

Dont get MOH:AA if you play multiplayer more then single player, for that get RTCW

Ultima 5 was pretty awsome too, I'll have to add that to my list.
As for the FPS debate...
RTCW lacked staying power, I played far more Quake 3.
Unreal 2 isn't out so it doesn't count
Unreal was good, but too easy.
MOH is great, but I didn't really get into the multiplayer aspect.
Counterstrike is great, but it's the only game of it's kind, so I would need to see what true opposition could bring to the table (sort of... Global Ops is out now, but we shall see on that one...)
I'm going to have to go a little retro with the FPS theme and say that Doom is the best FPS ever. It had multiplayer Deathmatch, or Cooperative, it had memorable monsters, and weapons that almost no game has truly improved on. (Railgun from Quake series is up there though.)
I'm looking forward to Unreal Torunament 2003 (Unreal 2 isn't going to have the same technological advancement) Counterstrike 2 and the new Doom.
There is also a dark horse candidate that will probably knock us all off our chairs called "Duke Nukem Forever."
We shall see what the future holds.... :D

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
Ultima 5 was pretty awsome too, I'll have to add that to my list.
As for the FPS debate...
RTCW lacked staying power, I played far more Quake 3.
Unreal 2 isn't out so it doesn't count
Unreal was good, but too easy.
MOH is great, but I didn't really get into the multiplayer aspect.
Counterstrike is great, but it's the only game of it's kind, so I would need to see what true opposition could bring to the table (sort of... Global Ops is out now, but we shall see on that one...)
I'm going to have to go a little retro with the FPS theme and say that Doom is the best FPS ever. It had multiplayer Deathmatch, or Cooperative, it had memorable monsters, and weapons that almost no game has truly improved on. (Railgun from Quake series is up there though.)
I'm looking forward to Unreal Torunament 2003 (Unreal 2 isn't going to have the same technological advancement) Counterstrike 2 and the new Doom.
There is also a dark horse candidate that will probably knock us all off our chairs called "Duke Nukem Forever."
We shall see what the future holds.... :D

There is a little modification for Unreal Tournament called Infiltration: http://infiltration.sentrystudios.com/
It's heavy on the realism, but the game play isn't as much fun as Counterstrike.

Tac Ops is another mod for UT: http://www.gamespy.com/previews/april02/tacops/

There are quite a few others for Half-Life as well. Counterstrike is just the most popular.

~LoudMusic

Ahh... the days of yore.

Anyone remember playin' Bards Tale? Now that I think about it, I can't recall if I ever played Bards Tale on PC. It may have just been on the C=64

But, aside from the questionable Bards tale, I guess Black and White would take the cake, then Half Life, then The Sims.

need for speed high stakes (road challenge). its great cause u can download just about any car for it, including my personal favorite 67 shelby gt500

Originally posted by ethanol
Ahh... the days of yore.

Anyone remember playin' Bards Tale? Now that I think about it, I can't recall if I ever played Bards Tale on PC. It may have just been on the C=64

But, aside from the questionable Bards tale, I guess Black and White would take the cake, then Half Life, then The Sims.

Ha! I remember that game!

Back