Best deal you've gotten in the auction house?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 88 comments
  • 10,559 views
It may take a bit to get a feel for it, but it all works. Just depends on how you use it and how much you want to put into it.

After a while, it'll be 2nd nature and you'll just have a developed instinct to see a bargain or feel a good sell point or time.

Don't be afraid to play around with it either. You won't go blind, and you might stumble into a niche that works really well for you.

The only way to know is to try.

Hope the "maybe" turns into a "did" for you... :)

..

Yea nobody bid on it and it was a 12 hour auction
 
I saw tonight a Veryon in the AH buyout for $234,800,000Cr.
That is one heck of a big return on an investment.
That's enough to get a small country out of debt.
I had to go and get a drink...
 
Well, this one below would have be the biggest markup ive got on a buy/re-sale. Sold it for around 1m a few hours later after a tuneup to R1 905 and a custom design.

img20120817165749.jpg


Im always finding/winning good auctions such as F1s for 50k, 100k... and reselling them tuned up and with a custom design for 600k, 800k, sometimes 1m depending on the time of the day. As mentioned above, after a while you kinda know what to look for and when you can push your prices a bit higher.
 
Well, this one below would have be the biggest markup ive got on a buy/re-sale. Sold it for around 1m a few hours later after a tuneup to R1 905 and a custom design.

img20120817165749.jpg


Im always finding/winning good auctions such as F1s for 50k, 100k... and reselling them tuned up and with a custom design for 600k, 800k, sometimes 1m depending on the time of the day. As mentioned above, after a while you kinda know what to look for and when you can push your prices a bit higher.

That's the ticket... It's also an excellent example of how to work the AH.

Just because it's a car doesn't mean it's going anywhere. It's the time to find the right cars for you, and knowing how to turn them around for max potential cash.

Some people are very quick on the draw and scan for buyouts effectively, I'd wager you have a good eye and a little system going. That's something I'm not terribly good at. I tend to blanket buy and take what falls through. I don't get myself tied up in rich cars past 50-60K. If I grab something like that, it's shear luck searching for a specific car or make.

The cool part... Next time a Zonda comes up and you get it, the tune (if saved) is already done, just load it up. Load the paint design, but change it slightly. A color, a number, a different graphic. Something that's relatively quick to do.

Each time you do one, you have everything for that car done. It's just a matter of a few small changes. After a while you'll have a stable of designs to work from that will enable you "customize" the car in a few minutes.

One thing I do with some tunes is to save them with the factory wheels, and then go in after and buy a set of rims. Normally the 1800 bucks doesn't bother me to sell a set off and put a set on, sometimes I leave the 2nd set on. Depends on my mood. I make enough doing a little of everything to not sweat the small change. I could probably add another 100K to my $ for the times I've wasted money with rims and such, but I'd rather have the time than the pocket change. Time is my single biggest limiting factor, so it's worth it to me to throw a bone in the car or lose some change to buy the time.

Nice work there on the pick up. I've had a few go under 5K, but never a buy out.

I have to say, anyone listing a Zonda like that for 1K buyout is either:
-a- unloading garage space and being nice or
-b- a complete bonehead who has no clue what they've got.

Either way, God bless them. They make the AH "merry" go round... :)

And would just HAVE to think they'd understand what that car is by level 40...

For those that ran a car and "it didn't work"...

If you think this is an automatic thing that just happens, think again and go drive.

If you're willing to put the initial investment in, and the time in, you can do well.

I can turn many of the lesser desired cars around because of decent paint and decent tune. It's a combination of the right look, the right index and a car someone can hop in and actually use for something and make money driving that makes "my" car worth more than that other one next to it in factory paint, a BS index and no real tune at all.

High dollar cars are nice, but getting them is getting harder as more people start doing this. You'll note I don't post like this on the F4 forums. There are fewer people here, the information isn't as public or available to 1,000 times the audience.

Just trying a single car will tell you very little. You have to work through it for a time, learn what works for you, learn what works for the AH and find a way to coexist and turn a profit.

Yes, I make good money selling my 50K-100K clunkers no one cares about, but not everyone can. But there IS some form of car you are familiar with, that you know, that you like and that you can tune or paint in some way shape or form. If there isn't, work on that first, building a knowledge base about a couple brands that do well $$ wise and focus on a look and a decent index and tune.

Anyone can PM me if you'd like to figure out how to make it work for you, or if there's something you don't get. I understand people don't always like to display their lack of understanding in a thread. Me, I don't care. I'm dumb as a box of rocks and make mistakes everyday. It's called being human, a condition we all share.

To me it's really simple, if I can help, I will. If I can't, I'll at least try. Nothing would make my day like seeing a couple of you guys (or girls for that matter ) rule the AH.

I check every day or two for PMs, so don't get too antsy if I take a bit to respond please. I'm not always able to when I'd like.

Cheers...! :cheers:

Doc

.
 
I saw tonight a Veryon in the AH buyout for $234,800,000Cr.
That is one heck of a big return on an investment.
That's enough to get a small country out of debt.
I had to go and get a drink...

Most likely a case of somebody moving money around.

I have to say, anyone listing a Zonda like that for 1K buyout is either:
-a- unloading garage space and being nice or

Or just being nice. I've seen quite a few people doing 1K blowouts, even with cars they've bought for 1.5 Million in the dealership (so it wouldn't be a case of unloading garage space, as they've bought the cars for the blowout). A mate of mine did a huge Shelby blowout, over 100 Shelby all up, all going for 1K. I did donate 10 Daytona myself for that one, and I've put up quite a few 1K buyouts in my AH as well. Sometimes you just feel like it, I guess, particularly if you had a couple of good days in the AH, and maybe scored some good 1K buyouts yourself, or otherwise really good bargains. No point holding on to all that money, eh? Though most of it is reserved for all them awesome artists auctions. :)
 
The cool part... Next time a Zonda comes up and you get it, the tune (if saved) is already done, just load it up. Load the paint design, but change it slightly. A color, a number, a different graphic. Something that's relatively quick to do.

Each time you do one, you have everything for that car done. It's just a matter of a few small changes. After a while you'll have a stable of designs to work from that will enable you "customize" the car in a few minutes.
.

Hey Doc. I do have a system.

I focus on 3 high roller cars (the Zonda C being one of them), to keep it simple and quick.

Spent quite some time tunning these 3 models. I mean fine-tunning, testing several times, on both long and short tracks. Saved them. Same goes to the designs (nothing too flashy or colorful). Both are quickly loaded to the car and put for sale in less then 1 minute after resolving the auction.

I really try to put good-taste, fully loaded and ready-to-race tuned up "boutique" cars for sale. I think of it like a personal "brand" sort of speak, for maximum profit.

Thats it, whenever possible or after a few races i spend a few minutes on the AH looking for those deals, and i always find a couple.
 
Most likely a case of somebody moving money around.

Or just being nice. I've seen quite a few people doing 1K blowouts, even with cars they've bought for 1.5 Million in the dealership (so it wouldn't be a case of unloading garage space, as they've bought the cars for the blowout). A mate of mine did a huge Shelby blowout, over 100 Shelby all up, all going for 1K. I did donate 10 Daytona myself for that one, and I've put up quite a few 1K buyouts in my AH as well. Sometimes you just feel like it, I guess, particularly if you had a couple of good days in the AH, and maybe scored some good 1K buyouts yourself, or otherwise really good bargains. No point holding on to all that money, eh? Though most of it is reserved for all them awesome artists auctions. :)

I tend to give away cars when I have the chance, usually to send a design on. Recently someone sent one that they wanted me to look at. I played with it a little, then put it on an extra Mugen Honda I had hanging around and gifted it. Now he's got a design he can sell, and a car that's tuned decent to run if he likes.

I don't get to play as often as I like, and many of the big dollar cars I pass on by. I really don't have the need to collect electronic matchboxes.

I much prefer to go out on Mt. Kaido with a bone stock Hudson Hornet or a big old Galaxy Station Wagon and drift the snot out of it for fun or something similar. The odder the car for an event the better.

Not that I mind the 10 mil Ferraris and such, I just look at them as any other car.

I'm also not really connected to anything in Forza Land, so maybe a few special auctions to clear some space are in order. I may have to make up a couple cars just for giggles and let em fly for cheap.

Nice to know there's a some good eggs around too.

Hah. I'm beginning to feel like a "More you know" ad...

@ RodolphoPNeto..:

That's the way. I have a few pet cars I do the same with. I've worked out a good tune, have a good number of race liveries for and cycle them out from time to time. I also have some street rod type paints too, just for something different.

As I can't always do anything but the simplest of tasks, it's good busy work for the bad days to put a couple cars together and get them ready.

I've been thinking I should branch out a little lately, maybe get into a few cars you don't normally see. Have to see how it goes.
 
Keep seeing the same person put up between 10 and 20 Ferrari 250 GTOs at the one time. All for 1,000Cr. I can't help waiting until there's a minute left, then bid on a couple of them, but give up at the million mark.
They usually sell for between 1.5 and 2 million. What annoys me is that it says "less than a minute left" but then carries on for like 5 minutes 🤬

How on Earth is he amassing so many of these cars in the first place? :confused:
 
Keep seeing the same person put up between 10 and 20 Ferrari 250 GTOs at the one time. All for 1,000Cr. I can't help waiting until there's a minute left, then bid on a couple of them, but give up at the million mark.
They usually sell for between 1.5 and 2 million. What annoys me is that it says "less than a minute left" but then carries on for like 5 minutes 🤬

The timer resets when somebody rebids. But 1.5 to 2 Million? If I'd seen 250 GTOs for those prices, I'd have bought the lot of them. Even 2 Million is a price not to be passed up. You can make a good 7 Million per car.

How on Earth is he amassing so many of these cars in the first place? :confused:

Well, if you're lucky enough to buy 10 250 GTOs for 2 Million each, and resell them for 9 Million each, that's 70 Million right there. If you've managed to do that 10 times, you're already up to 700 Million. If you've got that much, I guess you don't really care about throwing them out if you feel like it. But who knows?
 
I always assumed it was some kind of duplicating trick a la GT5.
 
2 mil for a 250 GTO? Really?
 
1000 Cr. for a Ferrari 599XX and 150,000 for a Daytona Coupe.
 
2 mil for a 250 GTO? Really?

Yes, about 10 to 20 of them go at the one time for around the 2 million mark.
Happens all the time.
 
Yes, about 10 to 20 of them go at the one time for around the 2 million mark.
Happens all the time.

Huh, gunna be on the look out for those.
 
I just give up now at the 1 million mark because I'm both impatient AND a cheapskate :D
I'm trying to get an absolute steal, plus there's so many of them at once I think I'm bound to win one of them.
Never happens though. Price remains at 1000Cr until "about a minute left.." then starts escalating like crazy. Next thing I know they're all near 2 Million, it still says "about a minute left" and so I give up.

Any time I go to the AH and filter 'Ferrari - 250 GTO' I come across a long list of them all going for 1000Cr, all by the same person. I don't mean it's the same person every single time, but loads of different people on different days shifting a barrel load of them at the same time... If that makes sense?

Johnny123 selling 10 today
MarkoV selling 20 the next day
AndreTheGiant selling 12 the next day

And so on.
 
Price remains at 1000Cr until "about a minute left.." then starts escalating like crazy. Next thing I know they're all near 2 Million, it still says "about a minute left" and so I give up.

I think it has already been said here, but ill remind you again - every time someone bids, the timer resets to 1 minute.

:cheers:
 
^^ yeah I know that :)
 
I am one of the suckers that either breaks even or loses money in the Auction House. :/
 
Lose money??

I never lose money..as a matter of fact I've kept track on my total earnings.
I'm averaging $1.73 per sale.... If I can do it so can you..
 
I've recently went back into the AH and scored a few good deals. I think one of my latest ones was winning a 100k+ car for not even 10k, very late at night
 
I just give up now at the 1 million mark because I'm both impatient AND a cheapskate :D
I'm trying to get an absolute steal, plus there's so many of them at once I think I'm bound to win one of them.
Never happens though. Price remains at 1000Cr until "about a minute left.." then starts escalating like crazy. Next thing I know they're all near 2 Million, it still says "about a minute left" and so I give up.

Any time I go to the AH and filter 'Ferrari - 250 GTO' I come across a long list of them all going for 1000Cr, all by the same person. I don't mean it's the same person every single time, but loads of different people on different days shifting a barrel load of them at the same time... If that makes sense?

Johnny123 selling 10 today
MarkoV selling 20 the next day
AndreTheGiant selling 12 the next day

And so on.

One way to get many of the cars that flood the AH is to use a memory stick, restart the game from scratch and level up to 50. Many people do this, then take the reward cars and sell them off, like the Mclaren for example and some of the Ferraris. Many of the cars are hardly worth the effort, but there are a few gems at certain levels. With rivals it's a cake walk to run up the XP ladder and get the cars quick.

Unfortunately it leads to a massive amount of those cars on the market.

But heck, when you can get a Sterling Moss Mercedes for $2600-30K and do them up and sell them for 300-400K pretty much any day of the week, what's not to love...?

I'm a cheapskate myself, I won't go more than $50K for much of anything. 90% of my buys are less than $5K.

Now a days it's just timing really. Some days just aren't your day, and the number of people doing this has increased a ton over time. You just have to play the odds is all. Play enough times and you'll get the deals.

Though trying to go to the AH once a day for 5 minutes when half the US is playing, maybe not so much... ;)

_
 
Helloooooooooooooo Forza Planet.

Figured I'd sign up over here since I play Forza more than GT nowadays.


Lets see, back on topic here. Auction house deals.

I haven't been playing Forza 4 for too long, so the only way I have been able to get some of the high priced cars is by finding great deals on them, and flipping the occasional car for some extra credits here and there.

I've been trying to et a hold of a Ferrari 250 GTO and TR to nail down the Exclusive Taste achievement, but always seem to fall short in bidding . . . or the "Less Than a Minute" lasts for well over a minute and someone ends up out biding me. But while hunting down those beasts along with the Austin Martin DBR1 I have stumbled across a deal or two.

Last night I found a GT 40 with a BO of 120K, so I jumped on that as soon as I saw it.
Then after buying that car I scrolled down and saw another GT 40 for 10K! So I nabbed that one, then threw the first one I won back on the auction block with a BO of 250K. It was gone in under 15 minutes. Nice little profit if I say so. I'm in the process of creating a design similar to the Ford GT from GT4 on it at the moment. (White w/ Black stripe one) Hopefully I'll have that done tonight and in my store soon.

A couple nights back I was scrolling through the Shelby auctions and found a Daytona for only 15K. I bought that no questions asked. I had picked up a Daytona a couple nights previous to this for150/200K (I forget to be honest) and thought I had a good deal then. I held on to it for a couple days and finally put it back on the block after giving it a nice paint job. It sold last night for around 300K. I was hoping it would sell for more, but considering what I paid for it I really made a nice profit off of it if I say so.

On another night I picked up a couple Ferrari 330's for under 300K and flipped one of them as well more than making up for what I spent on the two originally.

That’s about it as far as high priced cars go. I missed out on a 250 GTO for 1000 because I hesitated when I saw it. And by the time I went to click the buyout button it sold.

I also keep an eye out for American muscle cars to pick up while I'm on.
On the cheap of course.

I picked up a '69 GTO a couple days ago for5-7K. I was going to buy one outright and figured I would see what I could pick up before dropping the 44K on one.
Its quite a car, and a lot of fun to drive.
 
Helloooooooooooooo Forza Planet.

Hello to you too!

I had picked up a Daytona a couple nights previous to this for150/200K (I forget to be honest) and thought I had a good deal then. I held on to it for a couple days and finally put it back on the block after giving it a nice paint job. It sold last night for around 300K. I was hoping it would sell for more, but considering what I paid for it I really made a nice profit off of it if I say so.

You should have just put it up for 1.9M buyout, it would have sold for that.

I missed out on a 250 GTO for 1000 because I hesitated when I saw it. And by the time I went to click the buyout button it sold.

You can't hesitate on 1K buyouts, you just have to go in and bid. Don't even waste your time on the buyout button. I've been fortunate enough to score quite a few 250 GTOs, 250 TRs, and DBR1s on 1K buyouts, and it's always nice if you manage to score one.
 
Probably should have on the Daytona. Next one I stumble across like that I'll post it like that.

Yeah, I could have kicked myself on the GTO. I was just shocked to see it and just staired at it for a moment until the price sunk in. oops.
 
Grrr, sorry for the double post but:

One more plucked off the list tonight.

Snagged a Ferrari 250 GTO for a measly 1K at the auction house!

Just a quick couple clicks after noticing a really small looking buy out price and BOOM!!! it was mine!!

3 down, 2 more to go.



Oh, and on a lesser note I picked up a Shelby GT500 for 20K ... just cause I wanted one.
 
At the moment i have a Audi Sport Team Joest R15 TDI worth 2,500,000 + credits (Plus because its upgraded) for $1000 (Auction)

I Also have Hummers and various other high classed/Priced cars going really cheaply

(http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif)

GAMERTAG: xInsigniah

I don't think you need to advertise 1K auctions, unless you mean starting at 1K? I've put up a couple of Mopar Viper Competition Coupes for 1K buyouts today, and these were gone within a matter of seconds (literally).
 
At the moment i have a Audi Sport Team Joest R15 TDI worth 2,500,000 + credits (Plus because its upgraded) for $1000 (Auction)

The upgrade part doesn't mean much for folks who can upgrade cars for free.
 
To preface this, I am new here, and just bought forza 4 over the weekend. Also I apologize for the bump.

I have gotten a Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster for 35k, an Aston Mrtin One-77 for 3k, and a Ferrari 458 Italia for about 5k. I also just flipped a '67 Muira for 150k profit, bought it for 5k, resold with free upgrades for 160k. I've become a bit obsessed with the AH at this point.
 
Back