Best deal you've gotten in the auction house?

• Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 88 comments
I typically work the AH a couple times a day looking for all manner of different cars, I'll usually come out with some decent deals or occasionally drop some coin on some vintage racing replicas and such. Anyways, to those who say they never get lucky I say you just need to look a bit deeper!

To prove this point, I started tonight with $531,xxx and within 30 minutes I was down to $189,xxx using only buyouts. I didn't record the exact buyout price of each car (I was on a roll and was just hitting deals left and right) but they were all well below sticker price, and as I said these were all purchased on buyouts so not some crazy lucky auction no one saw but something anything could have clicked and bought on the spot.

So what does $255,000 (subtracting the $85,000 I blew on a Dan Gurney Trans Am replica '70 Cougar as that was above dealer price) buy you in the auction house?
'67 Lamborghini Miura
'88 Lamborghini Countach LP500 QV
'05 Lotus Elise 111S
'69 Datsun/Nissan Fairlady Z
'04 Porsche 911 GT3
'80 Renault 5 Turbo
'10 Spyker C8 LM85
'92 Honda NSX-R

Total cost to buy all cars new from dealer: $1,026,000! Not bad for $255,000 hahaha!

I had a ferrari 250 gto the other night I sold. Instead of listing it (with a vintage race livery) for the usual:
$9,666,000
I listed it it with buyout and a TYPO:
$966,600 it it went before the ink dried.

[...]
Total cost to buy all cars new from dealer: $1,026,000! Not bad for $255,000 hahaha!

That's not bad. The AH has been my preferred source of income (and cheap cars) since I'd gotten Gold.

I had a ferrari 250 gto the other night I sold. Instead of listing it (with a vintage race livery) for the usual:
$9,666,000
I listed it it with buyout and a TYPO:
$966,600 it it went before the ink dried.

Ah, too bad I wasn't around. I'd have snapped it up. And since we're mates, I'd have sold it right back to you for purchase price, hmm, well, plus about 800% finders fee. :P

To preface this, I am new here, and just bought forza 4 over the weekend. Also I apologize for the bump.

I have gotten a Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster for 35k, an Aston Mrtin One-77 for 3k, and a Ferrari 458 Italia for about 5k. I also just flipped a '67 Muira for 150k profit, bought it for 5k, resold with free upgrades for 160k. I've become a bit obsessed with the AH at this point.

Careful there. I found the AH about a year ago, and I'm still obsessed with it. :crazy: Though it did make me filthy rich. :D

That's not bad. The AH has been my preferred source of income (and cheap cars) since I'd gotten Gold.

I don't use the AH really to turn a profit, I just use it to pick up cars I'd like to buy from the dealer. All of those were cars I was planning to purchase and specifically targeted, I didn't stumble across any of those deals accidentally.

Yeah, I didn't get some doorbuster Miura from $5,000 but I wanted that car right now, went to the AH, looked specifically for Lamborghini then narrowed it down to the '67 Miura, and hit the buyout button for a $50,000 score without having to wait or get into a potential bidding war.

I just wanted to show what was possible by targeting one make/model, looking for the cheapest buyout available and pulling the trigger if the price was right. I got all of those cars right then as if I'd got them from the dealer and saved over 75% on the MSRP!

FYI, I was previously a used car salesman before I got back into working on cars for a living.:P

I just outdid myself. Best deal as of now the Ferrari 312 P bought for 1,000CR

Quick, you might still catch my 330 P4 for 1,000CR! ;)

Edit: Too late, already gone. These go quick. Funnily enough, I stuck a 2012 Ultima GTR into the AH for a 1,000CR buyout earlier, and it made it past half an hour before somebody snapped it up.

I got a 698,000 payout on a store-bought Bugatti Veyron, paid 2KCR for it, got 700KCR in return. I hate the bloody car.

I got a 698,000 payout on a store-bought Bugatti Veyron, paid 2KCR for it, got 700KCR in return. I hate the bloody car.

Nice. I've lost about 16 Million on a Aston Martin DBR1 today. Bought it for 21 odd Million, about 16 Million more than what I'm going to get back for it. :dunce: Oh, it's asking for the best deal, not the worst. :lol: But while we're at it, what's your worst deal? Ever hit the buyout button by accident and spent way more on a car than you'd ever dream of spending?

Nice. I've lost about 16 Million on a Aston Martin DBR1 today. Bought it for 21 odd Million, about 16 Million more than what I'm going to get back for it. :dunce: Oh, it's asking for the best deal, not the worst. :lol: But while we're at it, what's your worst deal? Ever hit the buyout button by accident and spent way more on a car than you'd ever dream of spending?

In Forza 4 no. Forza 3 YES. Bought a 300SL for I believe 400,000 to 500,000CR (can't remember the exact number) and found out I could sell it for 100,000CR

I've got a few questions regarding the auction house. I keep comming across these very nicely done cars by the same user it seems at a cost of 20000000000 - 2500000000000 and there is never no bid now or buy it now buttons. Not that I would pay that much for a car, just wondering what is up with auctions like that.

I've got a few questions regarding the auction house. I keep comming across these very nicely done cars by the same user it seems at a cost of 20000000000 - 2500000000000 and there is never no bid now or buy it now buttons. Not that I would pay that much for a car, just wondering what is up with auctions like that.

20 Billion to 2.5 Trillion???? :boggled: The only time an auction doesn't have a bid button is if you don't have enough money to make a bid. It's a feature, apparently.

Here's my short story. I'm quite new to FM4, playing for around 4 months, mostly casual player driving F to C class cars. Yesterday, I went to the auction house for the first time, and I don't know if it's beginner's luck, or I am natural talent in car buying/selling (in that case I wasted half of my life :dopey:), but in less than 1 hour I bought:

- 1984 Ferrari GTO tuned up to class S for around 12 000 credits (auction);
- two Lambo Countach for around 20 000 credits each, tuned up to S class (auctions);
- four Miuras for around 20 000 credits each (all tuned up to S class) (these were bought out, not auctions);

And last but not least... 9 million worth Ferrari 330 P4 (stock) for... 10 000 credits! :eek: Someone put it out with buy out option for 10 grand! I had to check it few times, so I approached the TV and counted the zero's with my finger, then I asked my wife to check it as well (her answer was "Are you trying to tell me you had woken me up at 1 am to ask me about a car that doesn't even exist?" :D )...

Anyway, I see that if you are patient enough and not too greedy, you can spot nice deals at auction house. I think I'll be visiting it more often. :)

20 Billion to 2.5 Trillion???? :boggled: The only time an auction doesn't have a bid button is if you don't have enough money to make a bid. It's a feature, apparently.

Sorry, meant to say 20-25 million. That would explain the absense of the buttons. Thanks.

And last but not least... 9 million worth Ferrari 330 P4 (stock) for... 10 000 credits! :eek: Someone put it out with buy out option for 10 grand! I had to check it few times, so I approached the TV and counted the zero's with my finger, then I asked my wife to check it as well (her answer was "Are you trying to tell me you had woken me up at 1 am to ask me about a car that doesn't even exist?" :D )...

You were lucky it was "only" a 330 P4. If you'd have done that checking and re-checking with some of the other cars, in all likelihood, the car would have been gone by the time you've made up your mind to buy it out. But yes, good bargains can be had in the AH if you know where, and more importantly when, to look.

Sorry, meant to say 20-25 million. That would explain the absense of the buttons. Thanks.

Ahh, I thought you meant 200-250 Million actually, but regardless, if you don't have enough to bid, or you hold the current bid, there's no bid button, and if you don't have enough to buy out, there's no buyout button. Personally, I don't like it. They should just grey them out, and pop up a message if you still click it, instead of putting a different button in its place. I've done quite a few accidental buyouts, and I've accidentally reported a few auctions as well. Stupid feature!

I always consider the Ferrari GTO to be the Holy Grail so to speak.

If you get it for under 100,000cr then you've hit the gold mine, because no matter what you paint it...the car sells for 9.5Mcr every time.

It is interesting that the value of an unpainted car (plain colour) is always set in the AH, no matter what value Turn 10 gives it.

The Ferrari 330 is a good example. Turn 10 set it's value at 9mil cr...yet in the AH 100,000cr seems to be the average.

The Bugatti Veyron is another 900,000 cr is the bar height.

My favourite to watch is the 03 Nissan Fairlady, I've bought them for as low as 9,000cr. I have some sell, with beautiful artwork for 275Mcr...

Another deal I just made - Bertone Mantide for 1000 credits. I think I'm going to spend many, many hours in the auction house, it is slowly becoming an addiction... :ill:

Another deal I just made - Bertone Mantide for 1000 credits. I think I'm going to spend many, many hours in the auction house, it is slowly becoming an addiction... :ill:

Don't do it....stay away..it will be better for your health...and there will be more for me ;)

I've never sold any of my cars for anywhere near that amount....

Ahh, ok. And for the record, the most I've ever sold a car for was 9.999 Million (still 1K below dealership price), and the most I've ever paid for a car was just over 84 Million. The most I've ever bid on a car was 180 odd Million, but I was quickly outbid and didn't take it home. And only a day later I managed to grab the same car for just under 70 Million, so it's a good thing I was outbid the day before, eh? ;)

But I did find someone who did.....

Wow, 800 Million, that's some money to make for being level 0. :odd:

Don't do it....stay away..it will be better for your health...and there will be more for me ;)

What he said! :P

I watch who is bidding as much as i do how much I am bidding. i know there are quite a few guys who have manipulated the game files. They bid huge amounts on each others cars and never bat an eyelash..

Well, I was rude, I didn't listen to your advice (sorry... :P), and yesterday evening I got myself:

- Koenigsegg CCX for less than 140,000
- Bugatti Veyron for 167,000
- less than 35,000 paid for Merc CLK-GTR
- less than 7,000 paid for Ultima
- Devon GTX for 1,000
- three GTO's (the 1984 ones) for 1,000 each
- two Ford GT40 for less than 120,000 each
- two Ford GT for less than 25,000 each
- Ferrari California for 22,000 (this I am planning to keep for myself, as I have this strange obsession to have all of the Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's and Alfa Romeo's available in the game parked in my garage :))
- two Bertone's (one for 1,000 buyout, one for less than 10,000 in auction)
- two Aston Martin's One-77, both on auction for less than 100,000

All of this happened in just 3 hours (praise the Lord for people that had created web pages with free TV series like "Homeland" or "Shameless", so my wife don't want to kick me out from the couch anymore :dopey:).

Now comes the boring part - I need to upgrade them and paint them before putting them on sale and watch my account skyrocket... I wish this was happening outside of the game, too. :irked:

Well, I was rude, I didn't listen to your advice (sorry... :P), and yesterday evening I got myself:

It wasn't rude, just ill-advised, it really is better for your health to stay away! :P

- Koenigsegg CCX for less than 140,000
- Bugatti Veyron for 167,000
- less than 35,000 paid for Merc CLK-GTR
- less than 7,000 paid for Ultima
- Devon GTX for 1,000
- three GTO's (the 1984 ones) for 1,000 each
- two Ford GT40 for less than 120,000 each
- two Ford GT for less than 25,000 each
- Ferrari California for 22,000 (this I am planning to keep for myself, as I have this strange obsession to have all of the Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's and Alfa Romeo's available in the game parked in my garage :))
- two Bertone's (one for 1,000 buyout, one for less than 10,000 in auction)
- two Aston Martin's One-77, both on auction for less than 100,000

That's how it starts.

I remember well when I first started out, made a small fortune particularly with the 330 P4, used to be able to pick up a lot for under 10K back in the day, resold quite a few of those for 1M+, before VIP membership was for sale. It's a much rarer occurrence now. The two prize car Holden were a good and steady stream of income too, picked up heaps for as little as 1K. Lots of Bertone, Miura and Spyker were to be had for 1K as well, all of which still got a fair amount in the VIP section.

More than a year later, and I still haven't been able to fully stay away.

Now comes the boring part - I need to upgrade them and paint them before putting them on sale and watch my account skyrocket... I wish this was happening outside of the game, too. :irked:

That too for me is the boring part, which is why I don't generally touch cars anymore unless I can make at least half a million profit out of the sale, it's the minimum for me now in order to have to go through this process. How times have changed. :lol:

To make things easier, I have designs made up and tuning upgrades too...
I can flip a car in under 5 mins. Of course it might take days to sell...haha

To make things easier, I have designs made up and tuning upgrades too...
I can flip a car in under 5 mins. Of course it might take days to sell...haha

Same here, I've got my designs and tunes ready, I just wished you could throw them together, and within My Garage directly apply both of them with the click of one button. Getting a car ready for sale really is the biggest hassle in this all, and nowadays it really has to be worth it.

Same here, I've got my designs and tunes ready, I just wished you could throw them together, and within My Garage directly apply both of them with the click of one button. Getting a car ready for sale really is the biggest hassle in this all, and nowadays it really has to be worth it.

I hear you...the AH is flooded with a lot of nice looking cars, and a lot of high priced junk.

You can tell this game has been around a while just by the action in the SF and the AH, there's too many really expensive cars.

ex: Ferrari 260GTO sitting around 150-175 selling for $18 less than new price.
Bugatti Veyron 250-300 always around $900K :)

Back