Best FF road cars??

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 103 comments

NixxxoN

(Banned)
Spain
Barcelona
I suck using them, I hate how they drive, I always struggle with FF car races online, I wonder if there's any good car with setup known yet??

I know the obvious tuned japanese cars like the Spoon Civic and the Trial Celica, but that's about it.

That Clio has surprised me so. It's got great balance as-is and it has the potential. I've pushed a fair bit over 400hp on Comfort Mediums while still maintaining full control. No TCS, no ABS and (duh) no SRF.

Oh yes the new Clio is great and I love it. It even oversteers a bit which never ever happened in an FF car in GT5.
However I don't think i'ts as fast as the Spoon is. For me the Spoon and the Trial have been kinda "cheating cars" because they are so damn good compared to factory non-tuned cars.

The Integra is great too, in GT5 I used a specific tune that I found on internet, but I don't think it's gonna work with GT6.

I think the Focus ST '13 and the Scirocco R '10 are two of the best FF's in the game. If you SH on them at 450PP they're really awesome.

Not a Civic fan, so I haven't tested them, but those two above are my top two FF's of all time. If you like sub 400PP then the Mini Marcos GT is a load of fun, but I don't think it'll be competitive, and the Fit that you start with is not very representative of what FF's can do, but it's not that hard to drive so I can see why you get given it at the start of the game.

I keep mentioning the Scirocco, but on CS tyres totally stock I can beat the Scharzwald Leage on the Nordschleife every time without much trouble, and the AI are in M3 CSL's and M3 GTR's and M3 Coupe's on SH tyres, and I'm an average driver, so it really is an amazing car bone stock, but pushed up to 450PP on SH tyres and you'll do great.

I agree FF's are completely different in this installment - they don't understeer nearly as much, only at the limit, and then it's a case of knowing where the limit is, some cars get there sooner than others.

Oh and Johnnypenso has a great 450PP tune for the Focus.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-updated-and-much-faster.293676/#post-9079850

He also has tunes for the Clio R.S. '11 and the RCZ '10.

DCP
New Clio, New Megane RS, Honda Integra 04

This so much. Clio and Megane are two of the most surprisingly fast cars in GT6.

What I don't like about Megane, though, is how its gear ratios are extremely short. It reaches its top speed very quickly and it feels slow (but I know it's not, so treat that point like more of a personal opinion).
Also, am I the only one who really enjoys its stock sound? :odd:

I quite enjoy FF's in GT6. Easiest way to get them to behave nicely is race suspension and tune the rear suspension--leave the front as it comes with the fully customizable suspension and lower the rear 10mm just so it's a little lower than the front, turn the rear spring rate almost all the way up, turn the dampers up 2-3 notches(more if needed) and crank the anti-roll bar up aswell. If you're time attacking or in a short race set the front tires one tire soft in the front.(SM front, SH rear or the likes) FF cars handle quite nicely and setting race brakes 7 front 5 rear give some nice, subtle, oversteer under braking hen entering a corner--helps point the car in the right direction rather than plowing through the corner on entry.

I think the Focus ST '13 and the Scirocco R '10 are two of the best FF's in the game. If you SH on them at 450PP they're really awesome.

Not a Civic fan, so I haven't tested them, but those two above are my top two FF's of all time. If you like sub 400PP then the Mini Marcos GT is a load of fun, but I don't think it'll be competitive, and the Fit that you start with is not very representative of what FF's can do, but it's not that hard to drive so I can see why you get given it at the start of the game.

I keep mentioning the Scirocco, but on CS tyres totally stock I can beat the Scharzwald Leage on the Nordschleife every time without much trouble, and the AI are in M3 CSL's and M3 GTR's and M3 Coupe's on SH tyres, and I'm an average driver, so it really is an amazing car bone stock, but pushed up to 450PP on SH tyres and you'll do great.

I agree FF's are completely different in this installment - they don't understeer nearly as much, only at the limit, and then it's a case of knowing where the limit is, some cars get there sooner than others.

Oh and Johnnypenso has a great 450PP tune for the Focus.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-updated-and-much-faster.293676/#post-9079850

He also has tunes for the Clio R.S. '11 and the RCZ '10.

Honestly I think the Scirocco is S**T to drive, at least with the stock car setup...
Massive understeer.

The thing is, the thing I always did in GT5 to correct understeer was to add ballast at the back, but that doesn't work in FF cars, so never really had a clue on how to tune them.

Thanks for the tune link, I'll take a look.
Daihatsu Mira/Cuore TR-XX
I knew these for GT5 and they were quite fast (even with stock setup) but I dont like them so much in GT6... Gotta tune them I suppose.

VW Scirocco R, Ford Focus ST (the 5 cylinder one) and yeah... why not... the DC5 Honda Integra Type-R. Those cars are the best you can get when it comes to FF configuration.

Clio and new Focus for me. Megane might be worth a bet though, and I was also pleasantly surprised by the RCZ.

Spoon integra should be on the list.

Oh and of course the Fit :) when you think you got understeer inside a corner, just give more steering input and it will turn..

New Clio RS, Abarth 500, new Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic '97 and '08, Honda Integra DC5.
The Abarth is an absolutely joy to drive, the Clio is unbelievably fast.
The Abarth 500 has the same engine as the MiTo and the Abarth Punto (1.4 litre) but it is much lighter so with the 295 BHP (tuned) it produces, it it is quite fast.

VW Scirocco R, Ford Focus ST (the 5 cylinder one) and yeah... why not... the DC5 Honda Integra Type-R. Those cars are the best you can get when it comes to FF configuration.

Reminded me of the N24 Scirocco, that thing is incredible for a lower class race car and I can't get enough of it in the 550-600-650pp Career races.

Reminded me of the N24 Scirocco, that thing is incredible for a lower class race car and I can't get enough of it in the 550-600-650pp Career races.

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm sure it's a great car. Talking about racing FF cars, the GT300 Weds Sports Celica is also an amazing machine for being FF.

Clio and new Focus for me. Megane might be worth a bet though, and I was also pleasantly surprised by the RCZ.

What???
That's another car that I thought it was a complete disaster. It's a nice looking car for sure, but... Slow on straights, slow on corners (understeer obviously) and so unstable.

Also I'm talking about road cars, not race cars, because those are completely different and most of them handle ok or good. The issue is FF road cars (at least for me because I use a controller)

I found it to be rather nice to drive, its instability means you can flick it a little more than other FF's. The understeer wasn't too pronounced, and it keeps its nose flat and settled.

Integra DC2 has been my go-to FF for years, and the Spoon DC2 is probably the best FF in the game.

Other than that I only go for hatchbacks (so no celicas etc) because they seem to be more chuckable and easier to set up loose at the back. The new Focus and Clio are both good fun on CS (I only start to use SH around 500pp)

This so much. Clio and Megane are two of the most surprisingly fast cars in GT6.

What I don't like about Megane, though, is how its gear ratios are extremely short. It reaches its top speed very quickly and it feels slow (but I know it's not, so treat that point like more of a personal opinion).
Also, am I the only one who really enjoys its stock sound? :odd:

about the megane I wonder if they messed up the gear ratio, I thought in real that car is capable to do around 250kph but in game due to short gear ratio it maxed out at 230ish

I used a 320hp Megane in the 20minute @willow. I finished 15th but, close behind the Ferrari Clifornia and XKR-S.

about the megane I wonder if they messed up the gear ratio, I thought in real that car is capable to do around 250kph but in game due to short gear ratio it maxed out at 230ish

Yeah, im puzzled about this as well. Its reaching top speed at Brands Hatch and I dont think thats accurate. We own a 2013 RS Trophy+ and I'm eager to get it to Sandown(my local race track).

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm sure it's a great car. Talking about racing FF cars, the GT300 Weds Sports Celica is also an amazing machine for being FF.
The Weds Sports Celica is actually FR ( unless PD swapped the layout around when I wasn't looking):lol:. The Trials or TRD Celica are probably the Celica's your talking about. ;)

The Weds Sports Celica is actually FR ( unless PD swapped the layout around when I wasn't looking):lol:. The Trials or TRD Celica are probably the Celica's your talking about. ;)

Or just wouldn't have thought of that generation Celica as being FR. I believe it used a n/a version of the JGTC Supra 3S-GE.

My comment on the Celica diff was actually a sly (hence the sly smiley) way of stating that the Weds Celica is FR, but thanks for the input and I'll surely check it out despite putting over 400hp down on Comfort Mediums on the Clio thanks to extensive front diff tuning. Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Latest Posts

Back