Best FF road cars??

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 103 comments
My Picks would have to be 1. Celica TRD 2. 206 RC 3. Honda Civic Spoon.
The focus 02 is super quick but I manage to keep up with most fast guys with the TRD. It's slightly quicker in a straight line but is less stable. Managed a 2.01.998 at the mountain at 500pp on Super softs.

A few kei cars are very competitive.

The Golf Mk I is very good
The Pug 106 Rallye is also very good.

I love the 90's BTCC collection, there is just something about beefing them up to touring car specs which works so well.

Shame there is no Audi A4 and racing livery maker.

I love the livery the A4 had during the late 90's

Silver with the red audi logo.

GT2 had it

Last edited:
My Picks would have to be 1. Celica TRD 2. 206 RC 3. Honda Civic Spoon.
The focus 02 is super quick but I manage to keep up with most fast guys with the TRD. It's slightly quicker in a straight line but is less stable. Managed a 2.01.998 at the mountain at 500pp on Super softs.
The Spoon Civic is simply overpowered for its PP, thats why its so good :lol:

Other than that, still an old thread and no one mentioned the king of overpowered/broken, that is the Focus RS '02 :cool:

Piece of random research my friend and I conducted at the weekend; the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 is the most powerful FF road car when fully tuned. 585pp and can reach 255mph with Nitrous. Can't turn worth a damn, but very fast on SSRX

For me, the best FF in GT6 is the Honda CR-X, may not be the fastest, but it handles great, without a huge amount of understeer. With a good tune, that car is really fun to drive.

Tune it to about 420pp, use Comfort Softs and have fun! If you can't find a good tune for it, i can send you mine.

I quite like driving the Volvo hatchback I am pretty sure it's the C30, with the correct tune it handles very well suffering little understeer

Last edited:
I quite like driving the Volvo hatchback I am pretty sure it's the C60, with the correct tune it handles very well suffering little understeer
It's called the C30.

Back to the topic, I've always liked the Alfa Romeo GT in GT6. It looks, and handles beautifully! I would also recomend the Fiat 500 Abarth, as with the Alfa, it is a beauty on looks, but the Abarth handles like a dream!

The focus st170, puguet(? Sp) s106 rallye, trial celica, and 04 integra are all solid choices. The integra is one of the fastest around the track at 400pp.

Stock FF's at Suzuka Circuit on SH tires, no oil changes, in order of fastest to slowest.

Trial Celica
Spoon Civic Type R (EK)

Volkswagen Scirocco R
Ford Focus RS '02
Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
Spoon Integra Type R (DC2)
Honda Civic Type R '08
SRT SRT4
Ford Focus ST '13
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04
Honda Civic Type R (EP)
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06
Volkswagen Golf VI R

Last edited:
My 5 yr old son bought Mazda Demio and tuned it to 449pp for Seasonal event and I must admit I enjoyed using it was quick and had a nice handle

10499884_769811263063800_689078666_o.jpg
no one says minis and what i can say is they are the best ff cars on my garage. on my hot laps of all ff cars that i have the first and second place in hot laps are the minis (tuned for sure) and no ballast

Last edited:
The Spoon Civic is simply overpowered for its PP, thats why its so good :lol:

Other than that, still an old thread and no one mentioned the king of overpowered/broken, that is the Focus RS '02 :cool:

Yeah that's true....I spent a long time tuning FF's to over throw the Focus as I was convinced there has to be another that can match it for speed. But the best I have found so far is the TRD.

Yeah that's true....I spent a long time tuning FF's to over throw the Focus as I was convinced there has to be another that can match it for speed. But the best I have found so far is the TRD.

The 206 RC is also a little pocket rocket and everyone is shocked at it's speed. I have learnt so far that to max the torque as much as you can and have a high acceleration on the LSD (50-60) as I prefer to left and steer that way.

Piece of random research my friend and I conducted at the weekend; the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 is the most powerful FF road car when fully tuned. 585pp and can reach 255mph with Nitrous. Can't turn worth a damn, but very fast on SSRX

I laughed when I tuned the Eclipse and seen the amount of power it had...Same as I laughed at the ford Taurus V8 FF (don't bother testing as this thing uses wind resistance as brakes) There is a Honda accord that also has a high PP for an FF car but I cant think which one it is.

View attachment 203223 no one says minis and what i can say is they are the best ff cars on my garage. on my hot laps of all ff cars that i have the first and second place in hot laps are the minis (tuned for sure) and no ballast

The mini is a great car for balance I think as well...the car just feels glued to the ground. it does start falling short at 500pp and is about 3-4 seconds slower a lap then some of the other big guns out there.

I do share your love for this car though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Eclipse '06 really the most powerful FF fully tuned? I'm sure the Scirocco R would be better, considering it's over 3 seconds quicker around Suzuka when both cars are 100% stock, no oil changes, and on SH tires. It's literally the fastest FF after the Trial Celica and Spoon Civic.

Is the Eclipse '06 really the most powerful FF fully tuned? I'm sure the Scirocco R would be better, considering it's over 3 seconds quicker around Suzuka when both cars are 100% stock, no oil changes, and on SH tires. It's literally the fastest FF after the Trial Celica and Spoon Civic.

Yes when fully tuned it's much faster. I think the Scirocco R has like 532pp (somewhere around there) but the Eclipse has much much more.

At stock it's not shock the Scirocco R is faster as for an FF car the Eclipse is one heavy car

What about the fully tuned Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 vs. the Eclipse '06?

Still the Eclipse. The Alpha's are actually pretty poor for FF cars but that's based on outrace pace compared to other FF cars.

As a guide go to Bathurst set the PP to 500 and turn SRF on Super soft tyres with no tyre wear.
If you can lap any FF in the 2.01-2.05 bracket then you have a quick FF car.

Still the Eclipse. The Alpha's are actually pretty poor for FF cars but that's based on outrace pace compared to other FF cars.

As a guide go to Bathurst set the PP to 500 and turn SRF on Super soft tyres with no tyre wear.

in regards to settings I always do a few things to each FF that helps allot.

- Stiffen the rear to almost double the front.
- Set camber to -0.20 front and leave the rear standard
- LSD acceleration set to 50-60 (depending on the car)
- Put weight in the rear if the car if it understeers or weight in the front if it oversteers to stabilise the car under brakes e.g. the focus and 206 RC

Take the car for a spin stock first then tune accordingly..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about around a track, but without a doubt the eclipse has the most power and is fastest in a straight line. My friend and I spent TOO long testing lol. Focus ST has a fairly decent power fully tuned as well, but still not as high as the eclipse

Mazda Protégé' 02, CH, ABS-1, All aids off= Epic cornering machine

And also the Alfa Romeo GT 3.2' 04.. Awesome in everything.. But, bad turbo lag. :sly:

Just a heads up, it is called Alfa Romeo, and NOT Alpha Romeo.

Back to topic, some Alfa's with FF might be a little bit slower than an Eclipse (GTV 3.0, MiTo) but the 147 GTA, is a lovely car! A proper LSD and suspension tune on it, and it handles like a dream! Bet it would be faster than the Eclipse also!

Just a heads up, it is called Alfa Romeo, and NOT Alpha Romeo.

Back to topic, some Alfa's with FF might be a little bit slower than an Eclipse (GTV 3.0, MiTo) but the 147 GTA, is a lovely car! A proper LSD and suspension tune on it, and it handles like a dream! Bet it would be faster than the Eclipse also!

Thanks for the correction! Auto phone correct can be a pain.

The GTA has great top end but is a slug on brakes and corner entry. I have tried everything to iron it out but compared to a list as long as your arm most alfa's are slow..

Lap one around the mountain in a competitive time and I'll shut my mouth...until then they are slow IMO.

I really like the Mini Cooper ´11and the Ford Foucs ´13. Im not a great tuner but I love how it attack the corners and can compete with some 550pp cars.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 is your best bet. When you tune it to the max, it creates a maximum of 580HP.

Back