Best gr.1 all-round car?

• Thread starter Falcon79x
  • 33 comments
Best is a relative term. I just run a test in three various tracks and I present the numbers plus some personal comments.
I remind you that I tested real life cars and not the fictional VGT. Also I tested the cars as they are, without BOP.

I really want to test all the cars but it takes a lot of time to buy them.wished we had a chance to drive them for a while

Best is a relative term. I just run a test in three various tracks and I present the numbers plus some personal comments.
I remind you that I tested real life cars and not the fictional VGT. Also I tested the cars as they are, without BOP.
Nice

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get to a point where you have enough money to buy them all... and you should be getting them in DWG.

I think the LMP hybrids are all pretty lineball, its just what you get used to. I prefer the torque of the diesel Audi R18 2016. This is my choice for most tracks... like all these it has relatively low top speed.

Otherwise I use the McLaren VGT which has one of the best top speeds.

I personally have not had much use for the Gr.C cars.

I only ever really use the R18 or the TS050. R18 tends to be quicker over a lap if you start with a full battery but the hybrid regeneration is better in the TS050 meaning it's often a better race car. As @breeminator says though, the Alpine VGT is a beast and if you don't have fuel or tyres to worry about then it takes some beating

I only ever really use the R18 or the TS050. R18 tends to be quicker over a lap if you start with a full battery but the hybrid regeneration is better in the TS050 meaning it's often a better race car. As @breeminator says though, the Alpine VGT is a beast and if you don't have fuel or tyres to worry about then it takes some beating
I juat baught the toyota and did some races with 919 and ts050 but the resault showed 919 is way better than that.maybe im doing wrong tuning for it

I juat baught the toyota and did some races with 919 and ts050 but the resault showed 919 is way better than that.maybe im doing wrong tuning for it
Do you have BOP on? You didn't say in your opening post, but most replies are assuming you have BOP on, as that is how most people use the cars, for sport mode races.

The things the Toyota has going for it is fuel efficiency and acceleration out of low and medium speed corners. The R18 and 919 are stronger in all other areas from what I remember. That’s with BOP though.

Last edited:
Do you have BOP on? You didn't say in your opening post, but most replies are assuming you have BOP on, as that is how most people use the cars, for sport mode races.
Aren't they always set at 100% for the LMP1 cars anyway, or do they alter other things as well as weight and power?

If you do the GR.1 races in the Professional section, you will near enough get the cash back to buy another car. That's how I have gotten most of mine.

I like driving the Group Cs so I maybe a little biased but I try and do all of the races with each car to get a feel for them. Haven't gotten to the Porsche, Audi and Toyota yet though. Hope you find your favourite.

If you do the GR.1 races in the Professional section, you will near enough get the cash back to buy another car. That's how I have gotten most of mine.

I like driving the Group Cs so I maybe a little biased but I try and do all of the races with each car to get a feel for them. Haven't gotten to the Porsche, Audi and Toyota yet though. Hope you find your favourite.
Tnx i suggest to try 919 im matched with good so far

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Peugeot 908..... it's a flier (when fully upgraded) and handles like a dream! Dodge VGT/SRT is faster top end etc. but it's make believe :) Having said that, my fastest laps (excluding the make believe Dodge) are in the Audi R18 TDI 2011, fully upgraded.... but I still prefer the more stable (for me) drive of the Peugeot.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Peugeot 908.....
Excellent car! The next best choice after Group C cars.

I quote myself:

Some comments and honorable mentions
Peugeot is a very enjoyable car to drive (with high top speed and very good handling) and it makes for the golden mean of the two extreme subcategories.

Table 2
Gr-1-results.jpg

Excellent car! The next best choice after Group C cars.

I quote myself:

I love the Jag and the Nissan too..... but for some reason I get better times in the Peugeot and Audi. The Mazda is quick but I cannot go more than a lap, anywhere, listening to that high pitched whine! Drives me nuts.

Tot
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Peugeot 908..... it's a flier (when fully upgraded) and handles like a dream! Dodge VGT/SRT is faster top end etc. but it's make believe :) Having said that, my fastest laps (excluding the make believe Dodge) are in the Audi R18 TDI 2011, fully upgraded.... but I still prefer the more stable (for me) drive of the Peugeot.
Totally forgot that.does anybody know what is the advantage of diesel cars?

Dude tnx for sugfesting peugeot i bought an hour ago and it blowed my mind.nothing left to say:bowdown:

Can't say for non-BOP performance, as I mostly only drive these cars in the FIA, but basically you can divide the Gr.1 class into 3 further subclass each with their own strength/weaknesses:

1) Modern hybrids
- Best handling, easiest to drive, great braking and acceleration due to hybrid boost
- Poor top speed and front tyre wear can be an issue due to front hybrid deploying
- R18 is usually fastest but power oversteer can be an issue
- In fuel limited races TS050 is king
- TS030 can be a dark horse in tracks with long corners (e.g. Interlagos) because the R18/TS050/919 doesn't deploy its hybrid unless the wheel is <45 degrees

2) VGTs/modern non hybrids
- Intermediate handling & ease of use
- Lacks acceleration compared to hybrids but makes up in top speed
- Tomahawk, Alpine and LM55 are the trinity here. The pendulum has swung a few times depending on BOP changes, fuel/tyre and track, but currently Tomahawk seems to have the edge
- Tomahawk especially good on tracks with long flowing corners (e.g. Tokyo South, Kyoto Yamagiwa) and very good on fuel
- LM55 is probably the best Gr.1 in terms of tyre saving
- Old R18 and Pug 908 can be fast too in right hands, but their ultimate pace isn't quite as good as the above due to higher tyre wear

3) Group Cs
- Poor handling and brakes compared to the modern cars, slow shift speeds but has the highest top speeds
- Save these for ultra high speed tracks (e.g. Tokyo East, La Sarthe No Chicane)
- R92CP is comfortably the fastest (the others might have a chance if PD actually set their gearbox properly :rolleyes:)

4) Meme class
- Nismo GT-R LM
- Avoid unless you're just racing for lulz :P

Also some extra tips how to get the best out of the hybrid system here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...th-audi-r18-hot-to-use-kers-correctly.391010/

Back