Best IntroMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 114 comments
  • 6,312 views
Oh god there are so many great intros, so hard to pick, but here are my few favorites:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Brain Damage
System of a Down - Aerials
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Pennywise - Yesterdays
The Anne Rogers Quartet - Love Ng
 
Slither - Velvet Revolver

Public Service Announcement - JayZ (allow me to introduce myself, my name is HOV!)

Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack (hands down)
 
Both Drøn - Halo and Vibrasphere - San Pedro have a great beat though out the song but both of their intros is just as good.
 
Vigil-Lamb of God (soft lead-in to a very intense song)
Eulogy-Tool (in fact, the whole song might be the best 8 minutes of music ever written :))
War-System of a Down (even better live)
Master of Puppets-Metallica (excellent metal intro; still can't play it after 2 years)
 
I really love the intro to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
 
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam :bowdown:
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
ELO - Four Little Diamonds
War - Low Rider
 
Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

(also qualifies for best_riff_evah)
 
Korn - Here To Stay
 
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne. Could you ever get a more powerful, sinister keyboard intro?
 
Dudes!

Hot for Teacher!

Isn't that like the obvious choice?
 
Micahel Angelo Batio- No Boundries

Yngwie Malmsteen- Anguish and Fear

Van Halen- Panama, Hot For Teacher, and Atomic Punk.
 
Some English Indie-Kid specials!

Forever - The Charlatans
Sproston Green - The Charlatans
Break Right Into Heaven - The Stone Roses
The Cedar Room - Doves
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - The Smiths
Leave Them All Behind - Ride
Hallelujah (Club Mix) - The Happy Mondays

Others:-

All the previously mentioned Pink Floyd tracks and definitely Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), but I'd like to add the following too;

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
Riders On The Storm - The Doors
 
I'm gonna second Smallhorses' pick of Jimi Hendrix - VooDoo Chile (Slight Return)
I also have to agree with Ryan on Mr. Crowley being some sinister keyboarding.

Ozzy Osbourne - Over The Mountain
Sublime - Pawn Shop
311 - Love Song
Metallica- For Whom The Bell Tolls
Rufus Wainwright ft. Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
John Fred and The Playboy Band - Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)


and my favorite intro of all time
Dezeray's Hammer - Far Enough Away ( I guess I just like weird sounds. Theres not really much to it. I heard the guy do it at a concert and thought it was the neatest thing since sliced bread.)
 
Someone mentioned Jimi before me. I was seconding it! You'll have to be happy with thirding! :lol:

Another mention for Pink Floyd though has to go to Sheep. Great, long, building intro. 👍
 
I'll forth it while I'm at it. Its that awesome. :cool:
 
AC/DC - Beating Around the Bush

It makes you just wanna run around the block screaming "OH ****ING YEAH!". :D
 
Taurine
Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
The intro is longer than the rest of the song :lol:
Another one:
Electric Light Orchestra-Don't Bring Me Down
 
Event
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
I love that one. The only bad part is where the singing starts. Great video, too.
Event
ELO - Four Little Diamonds
What,
"Is this on?
...
Okay, after one...
One!"
?
Yeah, that is pretty good.
 
Juvenile Feat Mannie Fresh - In My Life
Lil Wayne Feat Mannie Fresh - Go DJ

If ya have subs in your car, both have beats to give them a work out.
 
CCR - Fortunate Son
 
Sorry to revive this old thread but I just couldn't stay quiet :p

1. Welcome to The Jungle - Gn'R
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3. Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
4. Iron Man - Black Sabbath
5. Enter Sandman - Metallica
6. Along the Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix
7. You Really Got Me-Eruption - Van Halen
8. Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
9. Megalomaniac - Incubus
10. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin

And many more....

Ciao...
 
Teen Spirit? That's not really got much of one.

QOTSA-Song for the dead
Muse-Newborn
Chili Peppers-Under the Bridge
 
Six String
QOTSA-Song for the dead


I agree also enter sandmna by metallica
 
Hum - "Counting Stars"

Talk about an intro that scares the crap out of you! (Cult - "She Sells Sanctuary")
 
Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
Pink Floyd - Time
 
Back