• nissan skyline

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • subaru 22b

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • toyota supra

Votes: 13 7.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Driftster
I don't see how a mitsubishi 3000GT would qualify...seeing as how it has 310HP....unless PD gave it some wrong numbers........and I don't see how the 3000gt would suffer from bad cornering seeing as how it has all wheel steering..WAIT PD didn't incorperate that either...man..pd just held a grudge against the GTO didn't they? and the only place a 3000gT has a open diff is in the front because Mitsu determined it to be unessecary....it's sgot a viscous coupler in the rear..and the center is a 33/66 split center differential, so the power to the "front one wheel" you're talking about losing, wouldn't be tremendous power, and if you're slipping you wouldn't want that power anyway.

The skyline is under rated...
The Evo is under rated
The 3000GT is under rated
so the fact that you just point out the SKYLINE being under rated is highly bias.
The Rx7 makes 280hp....only the USDM Rx7 made 255
The Rx8 weights 3029 lbs and makes 250HP while the 7 weights 2789 lbs and makes 280...

so the Rx8 doens't have the same problem as the 7.

The supra has a bad weight bias? it has 3325 lbs...the skyline weights 3674 lbs

the supra sits at a 51/49 weight distribution while the skylines is 57/43

and the honda NSX lacking power? seeing as how in 96 the NSX/NSX-T were making 270HP with the C30 engine and not the C32...which makes 280HP from base NSX to NSX-R
mid mounted in a car that weights 2953.36(NSX) or 2799 (NSX-R)

so power isnt an issue their either.

👍 👍 👍 Now this person really does their homework...

Originally posted by 2005McLarenF1
Damn Im glad someone said that, it was driving me crazy wondering why no car company in Japan felt the urge to pull away from the competetion. So thats why Japan is so anti V8. Too powerful for them. :lol: But I heard from a Honda fanatic at work that an NSX will be released soon with a 500 HP V8. Maybe rice can compete with American power if thats the case. :mischievous:
V8's are not used very much in Japan because they are just to heavy, and throw off the balance of the car. V8's usually don't have good handling, and will never corner as well as a well tuned inline 4 turbo or a nice alluminum V6. "Most american cars are not well balanced, and have too much weight giving them problems in the corners" - Car and Driver. If you want a good drag car then go American, if you want a car that corners then you can't beat Japan.;)

The times they do use V8's like in JGTC, they are placed so far back into the engine bay that it is technically a mid engined car...Like the JGTC supra's.......In that case they do well.

Originally posted by Driftster
The times they do use V8's like in JGTC, they are placed so far back into the engine bay that it is technically a mid engined car...Like the JGTC supra's.......In that case they do well.
Good call, I'm glad someone has some sense around here. :D

lol Im just playin man. I just said that cuz I get a kick everytime Im rollin in my best friends Z28, and some white kid rolls up in a civic with his non-painted carbon fiber hood (great for weight redux) except he has subs and like 10 of his friends in the car, and covered in decals lotsa nos ones. Then he revs and my friend roasts all four of the civic by like 6 car lengths. Also for a manual civic to lose to my automatic 97 grand am se 5 lights in a row is not losing, its a disgrace. :rolleyes: Get a fast car and come back kiddo.

Originally posted by 2005McLarenF1
lol Im just playin man. I just said that cuz I get a kick everytime Im rollin in my best friends Z28, and some white kid rolls up in a civic with his non-painted carbon fiber hood (great for weight redux) except he has subs and like 10 of his friends in the car, and covered in decals lotsa nos ones. Then he revs and my friend roasts all four of the civic by like 6 car lengths. Also for a manual civic to lose to my automatic 97 grand am se 5 lights in a row is not losing, its a disgrace. :rolleyes: Get a fast car and come back kiddo.
That's cool, I agree that there is alot of dumbs**t's kid's out there with no real tuning knowledge. Although, I have a 345hp 91' Jetta GLI 1.8T with upgraded turbo and intercooler, intake, headers, cams, chip and a cat back exhaust. This car only weighs 1800lb's. Power to weight ratio means alot on the track where it matters. Not on the streat where it's just to show off, and act stupid. ;)

I've got an idea for all of you to settle the original question. Get 6 PS2's, 6 TV's, 6 copies of GT3, 6 I-link cables, 1 I-link hub........ and all of you get together and settle this. Why is this the perfect solution, well almost, you ask? In I-link battles you may only use arcade cars....... all of these will be accesible in A class except for of course the 3000GT. You get your V-8's in there too, Camaro Z28 and Corvette Z06. Trust me...... this may put some different insight into all of your minds and you'll have a blast playing with 6 ppl at once and all having a full screen to do your driving.

As for my own opinions on these vehicles while I-link'ing
Acura NSX: loudest exhaust note and damn good handling.... not underpowered at all
Mazda RX-7: Agile piece of machinery that wont lose its composure under hard cornering..... very fun to drive...not underpowered at all
Mistubishi Lancer EVO VII: Somewhat underpowered and not the greatest through tight turns...... should be reserved to do battle with the Subaru
Subaru WRX STi: Same as EVO
Toyoto Supra TT: Highly powerful machine..... Raw and vicious..... likes to lose its ass end powering through the end of corners..... maybe its just my driving style as some of my friends dont have this problem
Skyline R34: Somewhat underpowered but barely..... fantastic AWD launches... Very predictable in the corners..... if handled very well can keep up with the rest
Camaro Z28: Underpowered vehicle that doesnt handle well
Corvette Z06: Highly powerful machine that handle's wonderfully, turn in response is great and its not as ass happy as you would think
RX-8:? dont know....... we usually exclude this vehicle as all my friends havent beaten the arcade mode so we only use cars that we all have
Mitsubishi 3000GT: Its not available in I-link at all...... but my impression of this car is heavy..... doesnt like to turn...... damn good drag car.... but too much heft

Will edit if I missed any cars.

Ill stand proud knowing I'm one of the few that choose the evo. Mainly because I've driven in one and I haven't had any time to get specs on the others. Also, for the person who said evos have little tuneability just go to norrisdesigns.com and check out the evo7 demo car:

Engine Dyno - 730 Hp & 609Lbft
Vehicle Weight 1440Kg (Dry With Driver)
0-60Mph - 2.687 Secs (Street Tyres)
0-100Mph - 5.626 Secs (Street Tyres)
1/4 Mile - 10.41 Secs @ 141 Mph
Top Speed - 200.3 Mph (So Far)

:bowdown:

Jesus, I hate listening to American vs. Japanese complaints.

Anyways, I felt the need to try out all the cars on the same track, keeping the same line for 5 laps. The NSX seem to come out on top for me with the Supra closely behind. I know where my votes going...

VG30DETT
I just remembered that I have a video of a few of these cars around a track (five laps)! Here are the results:

1st: Mazda RX-7!
2nd: Nissan Skyline GTR34
3rd: Honda NSX S-Zero
4th: Honda NSX S
5th: Mitsubishi Evolution V GSR
6th: Nissan Skyline GTR33
DNF: Mitsubishi Evolution V RS (pulled out because of transmission errors I believe)

Yeah I've seen that, best motoring right? The skyline had a bad launch, but I also remember the skyline starting to fade at the end. I'll vote for the RX-7. I feel real bad note voting for the 22B, but oh well.

I did choose the skyline, but that was a year ago though and I realise now that the NSX is much better.:)

Okay, the order in which I like these cars is as follows:

Skyline GT-R
22B
Lancer Evo
RX-7
RX-8
Supra
3000GT
NSX

Sorry guys, but I really hate Honda. I've seen too many weiner sixteen year old kids in 4 speed auto Civic Sedan, Prelude Si and Accords to last a lifetime. I even saw an NSX once. Didn't much care for it either. They just don't turn my head like the others. I mean, I saw the NSX and thought "Hey, an NSX. Kinda neat, but expected in a big city (I was in Edmonton, AB at the time).". But if I saw an RX-8 or a Lancer Evo (lets be a little realistic. I don't even think the GT-R is legal in Canada, and the 22B was limited production. That aside, I saw an Evo IV on the highways between Jasper and Banff), I'd cherish the moment like seeing Natalie Imbruglia in person. You gotta kinda go "Wow, now that's sexy. Too bad I can't get my hands on one of those."

I guess this is all just a convoluted way of saying "I'm trying not to flame Honda fans, but I don't like 'em, and VTEC isn't the only variable valve timing system out there, so it isn't worth getting worked up about."

I would take the NSX hands down over any of the others. I love this car; it's handling is awesome.

deimos
Skyline - R33. Looks great goes great is great:P

Edit: Oh and the RX8 only has about 246HP I thought?

It's 281bhp after an oil change.

although I love the R34, hands down the RX-7 is the best 276 hp car of the lot. asuming all the cars actualy have 276 hp, taking that limit into consideration the RX-7 dominates because of its lighter weight like the evo and STi, thanks to its rotary engine and compact size. but its better than those two because of its aerodynamic low slung, wide shape, longer wheelbase, and better front to rear weight distibution.

assuming all the cars actualy have 276 hp. LOL

silviadrifter
That's cool, I agree that there is alot of dumbs**t's kid's out there with no real tuning knowledge. Although, I have a 345hp 91' Jetta GLI 1.8T with upgraded turbo and intercooler, intake, headers, cams, chip and a cat back exhaust. This car only weighs 1800lb's. Power to weight ratio means alot on the track where it matters. Not on the streat where it's just to show off, and act stupid. ;)
you have got to be kidding ... lol a 1800lb jetta ?

EludeR
you have got to be kidding ... lol a 1800lb jetta ?

It was a 91' MK2/A2 body style... It wasn't really 1800lbs it was closer to 2000lbs (I'm not really sure why I wrote 1800lbs, it was quite a while ago :dunce: ).. Anyway, it was gutted.... Later I reinstalled the interior (after redying some of it) and sold it... I used that money to buy, and repair, a 93' 240SX SE (my current vehicle)...

;)

silviadrifter
It was a 91' MK2/A2 body style... It wasn't really 1800lbs it was closer to 2000lbs (I'm not really sure why I wrote 1800lbs, it was quite a while ago :dunce: ).. Anyway, it was gutted.... Later I reinstalled the interior (after redying some of it) and sold it... I used that money to buy, and repair, a 93' 240SX SE (my current vehicle)...

;)
oh ok i was under a general impression that the jetta's are generally much heavier cars ... (around 2700lbs or so stock ) and they did come with the 2.0 8v engines stock ... (the mk2's) or the TDI iam guessing that you must have swapped a 1.8t in it ? iam still quite interested in how you can get a 4door car like a jetta into a weight category often associated with honda crx's only ... but anyway back to the topic on hand ... in those class of cars id have to pick the C5 vette ... but in the above listed/mentioned cars id deffintely have to go with the RX7 .... if i had to go with a car that would be the most comptent after some tunning i'd go with the skyline ... imho (i know this has been discussed elsewhere but ... ) if it was in real life i'd be extremly happy with a 350z track edition with a few boltons and suspension mods ... very cool cars ( i love Z33's ) and i had to go with an all out no cost in mind sports car ... i would definetely visit a Porsche` dealer . 911 Turbo > Skyline (as much as i love skylines)

EludeR
oh ok i was under a general impression that the jetta's are generally much heavier cars ... (around 2700lbs or so stock ) and they did come with the 2.0 8v engines stock ... (the mk2's) or the TDI iam guessing that you must have swapped a 1.8t in it ? iam still quite interested in how you can get a 4door car like a jetta into a weight category often associated with honda crx's only ... but anyway back to the topic on hand ... in those class of cars id have to pick the C5 vette ... but in the above listed/mentioned cars id deffintely have to go with the RX7 .... if i had to go with a car that would be the most comptent after some tunning i'd go with the skyline ... imho (i know this has been discussed elsewhere but ... ) if it was in real life i'd be extremly happy with a 350z track edition with a few boltons and suspension mods ... very cool cars ( i love Z33's ) and i had to go with an all out no cost in mind sports car ... i would definetely visit a Porsche` dealer . 911 Turbo > Skyline (as much as i love skylines)

My Jetta came stock with a 2.0L 16V DOHC engine. A 1.8L 8V SOHC engine was also available in the late model MK2's (big bumper mk2's)... I did indeed swap in a 1.8T (well some friends did actually)... The MK3's came stock with the 2.0 8V, TDI, or VR6... The MK3's are much bigger and heavier than the MK2's... If you completely gut a MK2 Golf you have quite a light car my friend... and the Jetta isn't much heavier than the Golf... I kind of miss it, but I love my S13, so I'm sure I'll get over it... Whadya know, I'm already over it...

;)

Yes the FD RX7 is my choice also, great all around car.

The FC RX7 was dissapointing to me, i spent a **** load on it and it was still pretty average to me, compared to its newer brother.

My overall favourite is the 22B.
In the game, I run it against most non-racecars.

In real life: to me it's the best all rounder. You can drag, race or rally it with minimum fuss. Even though it's a 2 door, it has the same cabin space as a 4 door... and full sized rear seats! Yay for passengers!
I prefer its AWD system to the Skyline - its more stable and easier to control.
It's lighter - 1270kg, and with the 2.2L engine, has heaps of torque.
All I'd add to one is a six speed gearbox and a front LSD.

RX-7 is almost a dead heat for my fave, but for different reasons. I love the engineering in rotary engines. To pull a 'gentlemanly' 206kW (276HP) from1.3L is phenomenal, but to be able to haul 700+ KW from the same engine with decent tuning is mindblowing.
I would love to see a turbo RENESIS RX8. Having driven an RX8 in real life, I can tell you that they are damn quick for an NA car. Screams like a banshee too with a 9000rpm redline.

I like the Evos, but they seem as if they are too rally focussed, and the fact that Mitsubishi won't release them as a production car is stupid. It's the only AWD Lancer, when Subaru has the entire AWD Impreza line. Sure, most hardcore performance drivers would take an EVO over a WRX, but the general public just doesn't take them as seriously.

The Skyline and Supra are phenomenal cars in their own rights, but I don't like them as much as the Sube. The skyline is just too heavy (1550kg!!!). For a sports car, I squirm at even the 1270kg of the 22B. If the Skylines were lighter, fair enough. Also, contrary to what most people say, I don't like the AWD system in the Skyline. There's nothing really wrong with it, it is just my personal preference. I dislike any 'on demand' system. Knowing that the Sube is driving all four wheels all the time is much more reassuring than relying on electronics to give me all wheel drive. I mean, how predictable is it when you've got nearly 300HP churning the rear wheels (drift city), when suddenly the front wheels drive just as hard? Violent oversteer suddenly becoming severe understeer, or worse, a four wheel slide.
As for the RB26, it is a phenomenal engine, but in a car that size I wouldn't have anything less than 3 litres. That's one reason why I like the Supra a little better. Again, just my opinion.

As for the 3000GT, there's just too much electronic wizardry, and from what I've heard they are EXTREMELY difficult and expensive to modify because of all their gizmos. Plus the fact that it weighs in at even more than the Skyline or Supra... It's a nice car, but no thanks.

The NSX is a brilliant car, but it's just too impractical. If you wanted a 'supercar', sure, but for an all-rounder, I'd give it a miss.

Back