Best money making in Patch 1.08

• Thread starter Tompie913
  • 497 comments
My first Sardegna - WTC800 win on Mersedes CLK-LM '98. It was much harder to win then McLaren F1 (gr2) (more then 10 sec win with 1 pit-stop)
The tactics was:
2 pit-stops. Hard tires for all race.
Fuel economy 4, sometimes 3, and 2 for acceletate.

And it was very hard. I have about 0.4 sec upper then the second place after 12 laps (when Viper AI went to his 3d pit-stop). Viper was really faster, he is got the best lap. And the pressing was until the last seconds where AI fuel was out! And AI lost temp and totaly he lost 6,9 sec. It's funny that AI can make mistakes with fuel economy in the battle.

It was lovely. Great race

My previous try was Mersedes CLK-LM '98 with medium tires, and it was bad. I needed to change tires 3 times on every pit-stop and I lost about 14-15 sec. And it's very important to get first place after the last 3d Viper Gr3 pit-stop. I can't do that with medium tires.

Last edited:
Cool time. I have made 5 tries, and the best time is 26:17,928 on McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 for me.
Best lap - 1:38,424
Difficulty - hard. Still enough for the 1st place.

AI is really aggressive and idiot. One time 2 cars hited me after pit-stop. And main AI opponent on Viper Gr3 hited me for 2 laps before his pit-stop. They do like it's Carmageddon. To many contacts.
Hahaha yes exactly! They keep driving through the pit exit and if you come out at the wrong time you get wiped out.

My first Sardegna - WTC800 win on Mersedes CLK-LM '98. It was much harder to win then McLaren F1 (gr2) (more then 10 sec win with 1 pit-stop)
The tactics was:

And it was very hard. I have about 0.4 sec upper then the second place after 12 laps (when Viper AI went to his 3d pit-stop). Viper was really faster, he is got the best lap. And the pressing was until the last seconds where AI fuel was out! And AI lost temp and totaly he lost 6,9 sec. It's funny that AI can make mistakes with fuel economy in the battle.

My previous try was Mersedes CLK-LM '98 with medium tires, and it was bad. I needed to change tires 3 times on every pit-stop and I lost about 14-15 sec. And it's very important to get first place after the last 3d Viper Gr3 pit-stop. I can't do that with medium tires.
I used the gr2 lexus on mediums. Pitted 3 times. The first one because I was pushed into the pits by the AI 😂

It was still an easy easy win. Probably the go to to grind credits for me. It’s fun, easy and reliable all at the same time.

I also used the f1500T. Took me about 26min. Only need one pits to refill with fuel map 6 all the way.

The tactics was:

Tune down your difficulty maybe ? I won by a minute with the CLK LM. I even pitted twice. 😅

There are still a lot of inconsistencies. The 3 new races have good payouts, the old ones got a ~1.3x boost. Yet since they were so small, that doesn't put them anywhere close to the new race payouts.

The 1h endurance races are also only 500K and since it's in missions I guess it's a one time reward. 30 minutes of Le Mans is 550K.

When I did those 10 laps of Monza I only got 5k :lol:
Don’t forget that the mission rewards are cumulative. If you finish 1st you get 1.2M plus the CRB. 3 off track penalties in deep forest didn’t give me CRB though so be careful.

I tried the Le Mans WDC700 event yesterday and it's so easy, there is so much time to be gained on the straights by running a road car it's ridiculous. Weather has the potential to mess things up a bit but for me this is still the easiest out of the three events to win. I accidentally pitted (didn't realise that there was only one lap after the pitstop left) and still won by 20 seconds.

The WDC600 event at Tokyo Expressway is dumb like all the other WDC600 events lol, I don't understand how some of the cars have so much straight line speed. Also the penalties are pretty harsh here too, tap a barrier accidentally and you get a 5 second penalty, wall ride a barrier and you get 10 or more seconds lol. I've tried a few different cars now and I'm still in the dark on how to build a car that can compete with the NSX and the Huracan.

I tried the Le Mans WDC700 event yesterday and it's so easy, there is so much time to be gained on the straights by running a road car it's ridiculous. Weather has the potential to mess things up a bit but for me this is still the easiest out of the three events to win. I accidentally pitted (didn't realise that there was only one lap after the pitstop left) and still won by 20 seconds.

The WDC600 event at Tokyo Expressway is dumb like all the other WDC600 events lol, I don't understand how some of the cars have so much straight line speed. Also the penalties are pretty harsh here too, tap a barrier accidentally and you get a 5 second penalty, wall ride a barrier and you get 10 or more seconds lol. I've tried a few different cars now and I'm still in the dark on how to build a car that can compete with the NSX and the Huracan.
Sounds like I will have to avoid WTC Tokyo Expressway like a plague lol

Does Le Mans have
Between Sardegna and Le Mans is no big difference. For Le Mans you get slightly more credits but it's a few minutes longer.o
Just ran Sardegna in the 2J … 725k with clean race for 25 mins work … happy with that and nice gap on the AI , very simple

Even hit the walls not concentrating a couple times … best lap was a 1:37 … consistently ran 1:39’s though short shifting to save fuel (ran on fuel map 6 all race) … pitted for fuel end of lap 7, no tyre change needed

Pic attached.
You got a setup for that car you are willing to share please ?

Does Le Mans have
Between Sardegna and Le Mans is no big difference. For Le Mans you get slightly more credits but it's a few minutes longer.o

You got a setup for that car you are willing to share please ?
Of course mate , no drama

I play on controller FYI.

Racing Hards
Stock suspension
Stock downforce
100% ECU
168 ballast (-40 positioning)
77 Power restrictor
Stock Trans

Should get you to 799.68 PP - 524bhp & 989kg

Because it has the fan it can corner at much quicker speeds than the Gr3 cars.

It's not the easiest to drive at first but I just leave it on 1 TCS and keep the throttle & steering inputs smooth. Everything else OFF.

As mentioned, Fuel Map 6 all race ... short shift at "half revs" on the rev counter (this thing has crazy torque anyway even through all 3 gears) .... you can either pit at end of lap 7 or even 8 .... no tyres needed, fully refuel - and can run the second stint the same. By end of lap 14 you can sometimes switch back to Fuel Map 1/2 for a kill mode lap if fuel permits.

Once you learn the car and its cornering potential, its actually very easy to keep consistent lap times going.

The AI will all 2 stop so thats where they lose out ... Ordonez in the GTR usually holds out a couple laps longer to pit than Portilla in his 800hp (it seems) Viper but the finishing results always seem to have Portilla second eventually by the end.

Just ran Sardegna in the 2J … 725k with clean race for 25 mins work … happy with that and nice gap on the AI , very simple

Even hit the walls not concentrating a couple times … best lap was a 1:37 … consistently ran 1:39’s though short shifting to save fuel (ran on fuel map 6 all race) … pitted for fuel end of lap 7, no tyre change needed

Pic attached.
can you share your setting

Racing Hards
Stock suspension
Stock downforce
100% ECU
77 Power restrictor
Stock Trans

It's not the easiest to drive at first but I just leave it on 1 TCS and keep the throttle & steering inputs smooth. Everything else OFF.

As mentioned, Fuel Map 6 all race ... short shift at "half revs" on the rev counter (this thing has crazy torque anyway even through all 3 gears) .... you can either pit at end of lap 7 or even 8 .... no tyres needed, fully refuel - and can run the second stint the same. By end of lap 14 you can sometimes switch back to Fuel Map 1/2 for a kill mode lap if fuel permits.

Once you learn the car and its cornering potential, its actually very easy to keep consistent lap times going.

The AI will all 2 stop so thats where they lose out ... Ordonez in the GTR usually holds out a couple laps longer to pit than Portilla in his 800hp (it seems) Viper but the finishing results always seem to have Portilla second eventually by the end.
Thanks I play with auto gearing , have issues with my fingers due to a accident , but that is still doable on my wheel . Appreciate the reply .

Last edited:
Can you share your setup ? I can’t get below 800pp haha.
The most important thing is buying the customisable transmission and ****ing with super tight gearing.

It's a significant difference.

Le Mans:
825000 / 30 = 27,500 credits per minute

Sardegna Road:
727500 / 22 = 33,068 credits per minute

That's over 20% more credits per minute.

Last edited:
What difficulty do you play the game at? Just curious as I have seen other people reporting strange behaviour by changing the settings. In my races for example, Portilla is always the fastest A.I. but he has to pit 3 times, one time he actually pitted 4 times! Not sure if that's because I had already overtaken him by the start of his third pitstop (the only time I'd done that). I don't think I've ever seen Ordonez in the GTR get close to beating Portilla so far in my races.

I did have one strange race where the R8 driver was somehow the fastest in the race, he was doing 1:39s and beat Portilla by around 30 seconds.
It's a significant difference.

Le Mans:
825000 / 30 = 27,500 credits per minute

Sardegna Road:
727500 / 22 = 33,068 credits per minute

That's over 20% more credits per minute.
I think it's still faster but worth mentioning that 22 minutes is only possible with one car which I'm sure a lot of people are sick of driving by now, with other cars you're looking at 25 minute races which puts it much closer to Le Mans.

The best thing about these three new races is that they let you use any car with PP as the only restriction, so now you can actually use the race cars that you are grinding for in the Legends dealership! Would you rather be 13% more efficient around Sardegna, or would you rather race around in a bunch of different cars to keep it interesting? And from there, would you rather do Sardegna 100 times in a row or would you rather mix it up with the occasional Le Mans or Tokyo Expressway race?

Don’t forget that the mission rewards are cumulative. If you finish 1st you get 1.2M plus the CRB. 3 off track penalties in deep forest didn’t give me CRB though so be careful.
Yep I noticed, it's not an extra 100K when you improve, it all adds up. But the CRB doesn't apply to these payouts. They are mission rewards after the race result scren. You also don't get the CRB on championship winnings despite having CRB on all races (you do get it there on the race winnings). Mission you only get the payou once, bu 1.2 mil for an hour is on par with the championships.

I think it's still faster but worth mentioning that 22 minutes is only possible with one car which I'm sure a lot of people are sick of driving by now, with other cars you're looking at 25 minute races which puts it much closer to Le Mans.

The best thing about these three new races is that they let you use any car with PP as the only restriction, so now you can actually use the race cars that you are grinding for in the Legends dealership! Would you rather be 13% more efficient around Sardegna, or would you rather race around in a bunch of different cars to keep it interesting? And from there, would you rather do Sardegna 100 times in a row or would you rather mix it up with the occasional Le Mans or Tokyo Expressway race?
It is faster, but you're missing the point of the reply I made - The previous post said that there was "no big difference" between Sardegna and Le Mans output.. that's just not true. Don't get me wrong, having viable alternatives where you can actually mix it up is great, but that's another chat. :)

Yep I noticed, it's not an extra 100K when you improve, it all adds up. But the CRB doesn't apply to these payouts. They are mission rewards after the race result scren. You also don't get the CRB on championship winnings despite having CRB on all races (you do get it there on the race winnings). Mission you only get the payou once, bu 1.2 mil for an hour is on par with the championships.
Humm… Is that what happened?
I’ll check on my next endurance race but I don’t remember any other screen with the payout for the race.

17B0BCC2-C0A6-4FDF-9061-4A24911435E1.jpeg

E4A109B6-EA77-49F6-9350-5177DBA5FB74.jpeg

09E4670B-56FE-453A-A70E-EC28D792A56C.jpeg
BAEDA553-33F2-46E1-945A-F7BA8E20FF49.jpeg

Finally had an automatic setup for tomahawk S that is below 800pp. Ran around the track in 26mins. Almost a minute ahead of the field. Fuel map 6. No pits required. Go ahead if you wanted a non-manual setup.

If I want easy win mostly for money, Le Mans is the best? I use the easiest difficulty in settings. Having fun would be nice but it's probably not possible in this game.

Racing Hards
Stock suspension
Stock downforce
100% ECU
77 Power restrictor
Stock Trans

won with this easily
i pit twice
Fuel map to 6 until 7 lap 1st stop then fuel map to 4/3 until 12 lap pit again for fuel only
thanks
Chaparel 2J is corner king

What difficulty do you play the game at? Just curious as I have seen other people reporting strange behaviour by changing the settings. In my races for example, Portilla is always the fastest A.I. but he has to pit 3 times, one time he actually pitted 4 times! Not sure if that's because I had already overtaken him by the start of his third pitstop (the only time I'd done that). I don't think I've ever seen Ordonez in the GTR get close to beating Portilla so far in my races.

I did have one strange race where the R8 driver was somehow the fastest in the race, he was doing 1:39s and beat Portilla by around 30 seconds.
Hardest difficulty (is it Expert?) ... Portilla for me pre patch was always the hare amongst the pack when I was running other WTC800 events just for completion... and post patch he is still the one to beat.

you can use the S. just that I can’t find a config below 800pp. 😅

C

Can you share your setup ? I can’t get below 800pp haha.
try
84/70
5/5
30/30
40/40
4.28/4.28
2.8/1.8
-0.10/+0.20
Areo 493/657
Add a Manual Gearbox
Manual Speed set to 330kph
Ballast 198kg @ -50
ECU @ 70
Fuel Mix as soon as the race starts to 5
Racing Hard Tires .
Pit between Lap 10/12 take Fuel ONLY No tires
Win race by around 30+ Seconds

Last race I lapped everyone bar 2nd and 3rd with this config .

Latest Posts

Back