Best NASCAR setup for Daytona

• Thread starter impulse999
  • 208 comments
Ok these settings allow me to take daytona corners at 206... THANK YOU!

These settings finally allowed my to win this event. I was in the lead on lap nine the first try and ran up the track to the middle lane in turn four and got passed in the tri oval. The next time I was able to stick to the yellow line and won.

These settings work but you HAVE to stay on that yellow line.

Thanks

Thanks!
I followed this exactly and was able to gold all races. Got spun out on first lap of Daytona but managed to catch up and pass them all in the last lap!

aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

Great all round NASCAR tune. Especially good for B spec Grand valley and Laguna Seca. If you want to tweak for Daytona: min aero, shocks all set to 4, front toe 0, ride +9mm and +5mm, camber -2.7 -2.7.

Sorry for being late with this, but here is the settings that I got from another thread in these forums...NOTE: the settings are formatted like this --> **Tuning Option** -- Value for Front/Value for Rear ....here it goes...

First, Get into your NASCAR of choice, and go buy the Chassis Stiffing Bars for the car. It is a one time purchase (and the only purchase aside from oil that you can make for these cars). NOTE, this feature CANNOT be turned off, but is worth the money when driving the car. NEXT...go tune the beast...

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

In Drivetrain>Limited Slip Differential:
Initial Torque -- 60
Acceleration Sensitivity -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:
Downforce -- 20/40 NOTE: This is the minimum setting for Downforce on the NASCARs...trust me when I say it, "You will notice a wobbly handling, but it is well worth it to learn how to control your car at this setting....and I use the regular old controller to race and am fairly good at it"

======================

In Driving Options (the "tuning knob" in the Racing/Event Lobby)
Turn off ALL, and yes, I do absolutely mean ALL Driving Enhancements

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

I hope these settings work for you like they worked for me...happy racing, and hope to see you out on the track...BTW, my username and Play Station 3 ID are the same...

Lead the whole race from lap 1 to 10 with this tune. GREAT! Thanks

Nascar is very easy for most players just have abs set to 0 as it monitors your gas give on cornering making you slow down more than you need to.

I disagree , there are suspension set ups out there, I've raced people and they have tuned there suspension so they can keep the speed over 200 mph around corners with no draft, bascially set the camber front and rear to at least 3 (maybe more just a guide) , that way your still keeping 90% of your top speed , I can keep 200 mph around the corner with no draft with camber at 3/3 and that is way faster then the A.I. Oh and no ABS is a must.

I did this after trying for a while, and won on the first try. Gotta block

Sorry for being late with this, but here is the settings that I got from another thread in these forums...NOTE: the settings are formatted like this --> **Tuning Option** -- Value for Front/Value for Rear ....here it goes...

First, Get into your NASCAR of choice, and go buy the Chassis Stiffing Bars for the car. It is a one time purchase (and the only purchase aside from oil that you can make for these cars). NOTE, this feature CANNOT be turned off, but is worth the money when driving the car. NEXT...go tune the beast...

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

Initial Torque -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:
Downforce -- 20/40 NOTE: This is the minimum setting for Downforce on the NASCARs...trust me when I say it, "You will notice a wobbly handling, but it is well worth it to learn how to control your car at this setting....and I use the regular old controller to race and am fairly good at it"

======================

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

I hope these settings work for you like they worked for me...happy racing, and hope to see you out on the track...BTW, my username and Play Station 3 ID are the same...

Had tried the default set up a few times, dead last; tried another tune and managed 5th

Tried the tune above and got 1st fairly easy. I was able to take the lead on the first lap and was only passed when I tapped the wall once. The field would almost catch me on the straights but corner came just in time and I could pull away.

I have a G27, play a lot but don't consider myself very good and I could get 41.xx for 10 laps easy.

Last edited:

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

Initial Torque -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:

======================

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

What is your final gear setting?

242 for "time trials 249 for the race due to draft (This depends alot an how smooth your competition is). If the other racers are all over the place, 242, if you're racing with "Drivers", 249.

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

Initial Torque -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:

======================

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

This tune is great. Just won me two 20 lap Nascar races online against a full field.

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

Initial Torque -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:

======================

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

Yes and you are welcome for the tune.

killerjimbag
Sorry PSN I.D abetterplaya still getting my eyes adjusted this morning.
Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH for solo runs (249 mph for drafting)
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R 3.0 (3.9)
Toe F .00 R .20 (0.15)
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires (Racing)
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

The ones in (brackets) are new settings and are for the rear camber and toe,adjust them up or down to suite your driving style (wheel or sticks).
Also try setting the final gear to 3.520 to 3.529 for more drafting speed as your rev limiter will not kick in as soon.Again (wheel or sticks).
This tune is tried tested and true and was done using a DFGT wheel.Turn off all driving aides.
If you are using this for the Nascar Challenge (on Daytona not Indy) draft,draft,draft and then stay out front and block.
It has been posted since Jan 12th https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161287
I am now doing set ups for restrictor plate races and will be posting them soon.

Last edited:
I have found that it is safest to use the stock setup of the NASCAR. If you cn stay in the draft the whole race and make the last lap pass you will win every time.

I have one quick question though. Does anybody know how to get more laps out of your tires on Daytona? I get exactly 27 laps out of every set of tires. I would like to be able to get at least 32 or 33 laps. I run the high line to save my tires, but I see some people online that run a 60 lap race with one pit stop so they are getting 30+ laps.

I have found that it is safest to use the stock setup of the NASCAR. If you cn stay in the draft the whole race and make the last lap pass you will win every time.

I have one quick question though. Does anybody know how to get more laps out of your tires on Daytona? I get exactly 27 laps out of every set of tires. I would like to be able to get at least 32 or 33 laps. I run the high line to save my tires, but I see some people online that run a 60 lap race with one pit stop so they are getting 30+ laps.

Read the post above yours and adjust your rear camber and toe to the settings above in brackets and try that.

I swear if the AI spins me out once more in this race when I am at the front of the pack by hitting my rear corner I am going to snap my GT disc in half! This race is pathetic. Won the rest of the races with + 10 seconds on each. This one is just stupid. I swear they hit you on purpose. Plus with this new stupid enhancement where you cant turn off the ASM or ABS... I am losing so much speed. On the tighter bend of the two I am dropping to 189mph... Agh!

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

Initial Torque -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:

======================

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

This is very close to what I run. Keep in mind minor adjustmens may be needed for your driving style.
This is a excellent place to start and for many finish.

Dont lower the ride hieight much tough. If you do your back end will be dragging on the pavement in the corners.
This set up will work at Indy to, just set the downforce all the way up as the turns are sharper and the track is flater.

Happy racing :)

good answers..really confirms a few things for me.raising cars can help.i was on the "if raised soften springs" road but will try 18.? now.soft springs were used to ride curbs but none of them @daytona.used soft setting on fomula GT car,raised it too @monaco gp to win first up.was fun that 1.hoo rroooo

was messing around on a-spec and realized i never won daytona. (I won gold on the event because i won the other 4 races).

after racing daytona and losing several times, i checked the forums for a tuning setup. then i realized that ASM and ABS are locked in the "on" position.

i guess i won't bother trying this race until that changes.

i don't really understand locking settings. didn't i pay $60 for the pleasure of playing the game how i want to play it? why would PD prevent me from turning ABS and ASM off? i don't get it.

I've tried the setups listed on this thread. Now that ABS/ASM are forced to be on I have had no luck with any of them. Does anyone have a setup or any advice for beating this with ABS/ASM on?

snip

Wow! whoever originally posted that tuning guide is a legend. I tried to win daytona 10 for about 2 hrs with no luck :mad: change the settings to those and won it first try! HA!
You're a bloody genius mate!
👍 good work 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! whoever originally posted that tuning guide is a legend. I tried to win daytona 10 for about 2 hrs with no luck :mad: change the settings to those and won it first try! HA!
You're a bloody genius mate!
👍 good work 👍
Killerjimbag

Back