Best NASCAR setup for Daytona

• Thread starter impulse999
  • 208 comments
Killerjimbag

Thanks
Guys I'm working on the 50 lap setup, almost got it.Be patient.Tire wear is an issue right now and lap times are not up to par online.Hard to do 30 laps with some of these people.I personally don't see much benefit in 50 laps.I can get 30 with my setup and my lap times are consistently in the 42's.I'm in the middle of my hockey tryouts up here in the Great White North and the PSN is down right now.Hopefully by the weekend I will have it.

Thanks
Guys I'm working on the 50 lap setup, almost got it.Be patient.Tire wear is an issue right now and lap times are not up to par online.Hard to do 30 laps with some of these people.I personally don't see much benefit in 50 laps.I can get 30 with my setup and my lap times are consistently in the 42's.I'm in the middle of my hockey tryouts up here in the Great White North and the PSN is down right now.Hopefully by the weekend I will have it.

I would settle for a good 40 lap setup.

Nascar Daytona Set-Up

Body:
Areo 20/40
Ballest ---- Ammount 0
Ballest ---- Position +50
Tires:
Racing/Soft
Brakes:
10/5 ------ Awesome Control
DriveTrain:
LSD --- 5/5/5
Suspension:
F ----- R ----- Front/Rear
15 --- 15 ---- Ride Height
19.2 -- 18.7 - Spring Rate
4 ----- 4 ----- Dampers EXT.
3 ----- 3 ----- Dampers COMP
3 ----- 3 ----- Anti-Roll Bars
0.9 ----- 0.4 - Camber
(-0.38) -- (-0.28) -- Toe
Transmission:
Set to DEFAULT --- 249mph
1st ---All the Way Down to the Left <
2nd --All the Way Down to the Left <
3rd --All the Way Down to the Left <
4th --All the Way Up to the Right > to ratio; 0.974
Final - 3.070 ---- Top Speed 255mph Over All

Last edited:
It's the theory that when you add no ballast your still shifting excisting ballast to the rear.

It's the theory that when you add no ballast your still shifting excisting ballast to the rear.

in theory; it is like adding "wedge" to the car........

Wrong, it makes a little difference!
Some guys think it's a glitch, the other say it's like in the real world.

Wedge adjustment simply refers to adjusting the amount of force that bears down on a tire's spring.
adding wedge puts more of the car's weight on that corner........

so like i said, "in theory" it is like adding "wedge" to the car. YES, we can not
adjust individuale tires or air pressure, (which blows btw) but basicly like doing it
b/4 the race begins. i have no idea about it being a "GLITCH"
it does however have side effects... meaning you tend to now have, what is
reffered to as; "A Dump Truck" instead of a Nascar.... Well my Dump Truck does
223 into the turn and comes out at 208... drafts at 258+ (hit 264 on a Great Push once, thanks SHOCK.. LOL)
also, i dont run camber, 20's on spring rate,
and -.23 F&R toe, and a different tran set-up. 3speed overdrive

Last edited:
Wedge adjustment simply refers to adjusting the amount of force that bears down on a tire's spring.

so like i said, "in theory" it is like adding "wedge" to the car. YES, we can not
adjust individuale tires or air pressure, (which blows btw) but basicly like doing it
it does however have side effects..
Very confusing:confused:
Tires? Air pressure? Adding wedge puts more of the car's weight on that corner? What?:confused:

I just said that some guys think that it's a glitch, I never mentioned that it is one.
Example: (Distribution +50)
Well, if you think like this, you add 0 kilogram, but instead you transfer objects in your car to the back, hence you dont add any weight. Its like taking your back seat, battery and other things and put them in the trunk so the weight is over the rear axle.

Last edited:
Having failed miserably in this race a fair few times I've just managed to come 4th and I reckon I can do 1st in a couple of goes.... just a shame it wasn't in the actual championship :dunce:

Good work for the fella that come up with this one.... cheers dude...

in theory; it is like adding "wedge" to the car........

it does however have side effects... meaning you tend to now have, what is
reffered to as; "A Dump Truck" instead of a Nascar.... Well my Dump Truck does
223 into the turn and comes out at 208... drafts at 258+ (hit 264 on a Great Push once, thanks SHOCK.. LOL)
also, i dont run camber, 20's on spring rate,
and -.23 F&R toe, and a different tran set-up. 3speed overdrive

In theory does not work.If your adding wedge to a car you will add more to the right and less to the left.Adding 50 kg or pounds does not distribute this to one side or another.You cannot adjust each spring rate (left rear,right rear) I played Nascar 2003 on my PC for years and you could adjust for wedge,camber,toe,tire pressure, tape,etc,etc.This game does not allow that

Further to my previous post, the set up is proper nice and grand, I got gold at last in the championship. But it just strikes me as the other cars on Daytona are like a pack of ferral dogs. They'd rather take you out then win... gits!!!

Further to my previous post, the set up is proper nice and grand, I got gold at last in the championship. But it just strikes me as the other cars on Daytona are like a pack of ferral dogs. They'd rather take you out then win... gits!!!

You used the above tune just like it is? I have completed B Spec up to level 40... I will be A Spec 30 by tonight and the Daytona A Spec is kicking my butt!! I have spend hours trying to get gold with 3 different cars and every tune I can find

I race NASCAR online pretty much exclusively, set ups against the AI is moot, as it's only a 10 lap race. the stock setting is good enuff to win. Turning off everything in Driving options is key though. the AI doesn't deviate from their line at all though so the trick is definately don't let them get beside you. Get out front as quickly as you can and watch your mirror. When you see a train coming jump in front of it and force them to bump draft you ahead. you should be able to hold the lead the hole race this way and take the checkers

whm
You used the above tune just like it is? I have completed B Spec up to level 40... I will be A Spec 30 by tonight and the Daytona A Spec is kicking my butt!! I have spend hours trying to get gold with 3 different cars and every tune I can find

I did indeed, golded the first four before being shunted to hell in the last lap or so by the AI, ended up 4th again. It certainly works for me.

MrGrado Junior Member
aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

Great all round NASCAR tune. Especially good for B spec Grand valley and Laguna Seca. If you want to tweak for Daytona: min aero, shocks all set to 4, front toe 0, ride +9mm and +5mm, camber -2.7 -2.7.

I can attest to this guys tune for sure in b-spec. Kills em

I know this is an old thread but anyone tht wants a really great nascar tune thn check out mine,
just click on my name go to statistics & threads started by me & you'll see it.

P.S - PM me if u like the setup or need help

When I won this, the ASM was on and could not be turned off. If that's still the case, you gotta stay low, and in front, or near it, stay out of the draft when you're in front, otherwise they'll crash you.

Nascar Daytona Set-Up

Body:
Areo 20/40
Ballest ---- Ammount 0
Ballest ---- Position +50
Tires:
Racing/Soft
Brakes:
10/5 ------ Awesome Control
DriveTrain:
LSD --- 5/5/5
Suspension:
F ----- R ----- Front/Rear
15 --- 15 ---- Ride Height
19.2 -- 18.7 - Spring Rate
4 ----- 4 ----- Dampers EXT.
3 ----- 3 ----- Dampers COMP
3 ----- 3 ----- Anti-Roll Bars
0.9 ----- 0.4 - Camber
(-0.38) -- (-0.28) -- Toe
Transmission:
Set to DEFAULT --- 249mph
1st ---All the Way Down to the Left <
2nd --All the Way Down to the Left <
3rd --All the Way Down to the Left <
4th --All the Way Up to the Right > to ratio; 0.974
Final - 3.070 ---- Top Speed 255mph Over All

I Absolutely smashed it first try with this tune!

wrxsilver
MrGrado Junior Member
aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

Great all round NASCAR tune. Especially good for B spec Grand valley and Laguna Seca. If you want to tweak for Daytona: min aero, shocks all set to 4, front toe 0, ride +9mm and +5mm, camber -2.7 -2.7.

I can attest to this guys tune for sure in b-spec. Kills em

So going to try

aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

I was using my tune for A spec and B spec. I posted that setup 11 months ago but it should still work alright. The game mechanics have been updated, so maybe I could update my nascar tune.

I was using my tune for A spec and B spec. I posted that setup 11 months ago but it should still work alright. The game mechanics have been updated, so maybe I could update my nascar tune.

ok, i give your tune a try and after that i just started to mess around, and this is what i came up with, go ahead and see if ya like it, also i use a controller, i got no wheel yet;;;

A-Spec Daytona
Tires: Racing Soft

Body/Chassis:
DownForce: Front 20 Rear 40
Ballast: 145 Postion: +50

Transmission:
Top Speed: 260 MPH

1st. 2.260
2nd. 1.516
3rd. 1.124
4th. 0.974

Final 3.015
Top Speed 255

Drivetrain:
LSD
Initial: 30
Accel: 30
Braking: 5

Suspension:
Wheel Algnment
Camber: 2.5/1.5
Toe: +0.30/+0.20

Ride Height: +15/+15
Spring Rate: Front 16.5 Rear 15.5
Extension: 4/4
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll: 3/3

Brakes
Brake Balance: 0/0

Has there been an update that no longer allows an ABS setting of 0? I've got 1-10 as my only options and don't see a "disable" option anywhere.

Has there been an update that no longer allows an ABS setting of 0? I've got 1-10 as my only options and don't see a "disable" option anywhere.

when ya tweak the setup/tune, under braking, slide the slider all the way to the left to u see 0.

Ok so i'm racing online and i'm having difficulty having my HARD tires last longer that 25 laps, where some people can make them last up to 40...any help?

Back