Best sector times

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toronto122
  • 8 comments
  • 801 views
Messages
103
Messages
Toronto_1969
Is it just me, or is this missing from the game? You know, you finish a sector or lap and it shows how much up/down you were (are)?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything on it here.
 
Really? No one has any opinions on this??
 
Really? No one has any opinions on this??

I believe after the end of each sector, you can see your timing in the middle of the screen, for about 2 seconds, then it disappears 💡
 
I believe after the end of each sector, you can see your timing in the middle of the screen, for about 2 seconds, then it disappears 💡


^^^This
 
I agree OP. Sector times would be nice. I would love the race results screen that pops up at the end of the race to show each drivers best sector times and best lap times.

As for the posts above, it does throw up a time after each sector but it's not your actual sector time (except for sector 1), it's a current lap time when you hit that sector, which is not the same. Even if it was, I want that data available at the end of the race when I can actually focus on it. Knowledge is power, and knowledge comes from good data. I'm all for receiving some more data.

It's not just a GT thing though. As I remember it... Race Pro is the only game I've owned that provides this info... and F1 2010 has a little of this as well.
 
I agree OP. Sector times would be nice. I would love the race results screen that pops up at the end of the race to show each drivers best sector times and best lap times.

As for the posts above, it does throw up a time after each sector but it's not your actual sector time (except for sector 1), it's a current lap time when you hit that sector, which is not the same. Even if it was, I want that data available at the end of the race when I can actually focus on it. Knowledge is power, and knowledge comes from good data. I'm all for receiving some more data.

It's not just a GT thing though. As I remember it... Race Pro is the only game I've owned that provides this info... and F1 2010 has a little of this as well.

If I remember right, Forza does it. Maybe just in time trials though.

Either way, it would be very a welcome addition. More end of race numbers would be awesome. Fastest/slowest laps for each car, fastest sectors, etc. Most of my complaints about GT5 involve the game not letting us know what's going on often enough. It seems to hide all the useful/cool information.
 
Forza does it very well. After each sector, you're + - time is shown, if you're faster, it shows your time in green, and how much you're up by. This is some pretty basic stuff if you ask me.

And yes, GT does show your sector time, but not how much better you're doing.
 
I would love the game kept track of best lap times by track and car, as well as best sector times by car (and obviously by track). Even best race times by track and car (i.e. 5 laps of Suzuka in an F40). For now I've been saving replays of some of the runs I'm most proud of, but it would get pretty cluttered if I kept it for best time of each track by car.

I think I'm going to have to keep an excel spreadsheet to keep track of at least track/car times. Sector and lap times could get to be too much work. The game should really do this for you.
 
Neither Forza or GT (a-spec) show real sector times, just a lap time as it stands at the end of the sector if I remember correctly.

I would like to be able to view detailed sector times at the end I the race like you can in b-spec. Not sure if this is in the data logger as I haven't used this much yet.

This would help to isolate the areas I need to improve in specifically, but overall I would class this as a minor thing.
 
Back