Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6

• Thread starter KraigA
  • 456 comments
Scotland
Scotland
KraigA
Hey,

Post videos of the best sounding cars you've came across or own... I'm very interested to explore all of the different sounds.

I made my own little compilation of my own personal favourites that I so-far own. I have a small garage so the list will expand.

So far my top 3 favourite include the new and improved Redbull, the Mazda 787b and the Honda HSV-11 (GT 500 car)

Here's a video review

Definitely the best sounding car ever in Gran Turismo! :bowdown:

Btw, the other RedBulls sound great, too.

I guess that is the first glimpse on the sound update to come 👍
You think? I'm not really all that keen on the 2014 junior. But then again I am usually bias towards higher pitched sounds like some v6s, v10s/v12s etc

In relation to all other cars, definitely yes. Im not talking about the emotional, but pure technical "how it sounds" aspects. The RedBulls have a broader range in their sounds compared to the other vacuum-cleaner-like sounding cars. Maybe they are already equipped with the kind of sounds we can expect after the sound update is released...

I was actually surprised how good the prius sounded with racing exhaust. I only got it for the Prius one make event and decided to see what it could do tuned up.

I agree on the McLaren...the first time I drove that I thought it sounded pretty close to what they sound like in videos....

The sound of the stock McLaren F1 is very inaccurate as it's the sound of a V16 engine on a car with a V12. It does sound nice and deep and rumble-y like the real deal but it's the wrong engine layout.

The sound of the stock McLaren F1 is very inaccurate as it's the sound of a V16 engine on a car with a V12. It does sound nice and deep and rumble-y like the real deal but it's the wrong engine layout.

Have you driven a mclaren on gt6 or did you just watch my badly recorded video. Because on my tv I wouldn't say it's a v16, but it isn't a real mclaren sound. Anyway it's the only car with good almost real sounds i found. I hope this is a sign that we will get a sound update later on.
If the sounds do get updated I can't wait to take v10s and v12s and do some tunnel blasting.

The lunar rover; seems like PD really bothered to make it sound like the real thing. Gives me hope for those placeholders being replaced with the magical patch uncle Kaz promised us kids 👍

Read it thinking wow I should try it out. Then it hit me. Lunar Rover = space vehicle = you are on the moon = no gravity = no sound = what??!?!?

Red Bull X2011 & X2014 Junior. They actually sound like engines, especially in part-throttle and engine braking situations. The Junior is especially nice, sounding like a Formula Ford Zetec.

Agreed. They actually have engine noise when you ease off the throttle, it doesn't weirdly cut out anymore, and it sounds much more dirtier, like in real life, albeit shifting is still a bit off. If they apply the same sound process to the other cars... Well that would be downright fantastic. What I like most is that there is a clean transition, a nice sounding one from idle to revving.

In most other cars, you get a really nice idle, but when you slowly rev up, it sounds extremely distorted at low revs, medium revs is somewhat fine, but high revs are the worst. Most of us are too busy racing above 5k rpm so we don't notice it.

Maserati GranTurismo S with titanium exhaust, or Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 wth sport exhaust (1 stage)

Among the ones you had on your video and other have mentioned.

Gran Turismo 370Z RS sounds pretty nice (especially the starting sound at garage).
Corvette Z06 (C5) is nice too.
Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. with semi-racing exhaust sounds great.

Okay, let me make the question better; "Best" or "Correct" sounding cars? Because if there isn't a distinction, I can see were this thread is going... "If you adjust the sound settings, the (insert car name) sounds awesome... What kind of audio system you have...? I use headphones and it sounds better... yada, yada..." This said mostly by people who just put a racing exhaust on everything and don't know the difference between a 4 cylinder and a V12 (a.k.a the guy that works at PD sound department).

This is what I'm talking about:

I'll start with my favourite
It's a Mclaren f1, it's the only car that i found that has a real sound (still to "clean") bur it is really close to real deal
Here is a sample:

No. It doesn't. Not even close. The Mclaren is completely wrong. This is the same sound sample that the Cizeta V16 has, which is one of the most exact examples in the game since GT4.

So yeah. No V12 here. Your Mclaren unfortunately sounds like it has the V16 engine of the Cizeta. Which by the way, they also use this sample for the Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary.

Moving on. Let me answer the question.

As for which cars sound "correct?" Well, too many to mention. Example: All Vipers except the racing ones and the old GTS (NOTE: the Viper ACR needs the Sport Exhaust to sound like a Viper), Lexus LFA, BMW Z8, M5, M3 E92, and hundreds more. Cars that sound like the actual engine they have, no matter how crappy they sound. These are acceptable and I have no problems with them.

Which cars sound "good?" The Red Bull Junior, as many have noticed already.

Last edited:
the anniversary SRT Viper is music to my ears, I haven't tried to replicate 'yet' with a Stock SRT.

Same with the Shelby Daytona Coupe, it reaks of classic muscle car sound and immersion in your face, coming from a 2D monitor.

The Alfa One-77 is just so amazing between high speed shifts, anyone that favors a Veyron to this machine needs a serious MRI scan.

I had to put this in, but the Boss302 is the worst sound mated to car, in my GT5/6 history, I must say.

Back