Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6

• Thread starter KraigA
  • 456 comments
Okay, let me make the question better; "Best" or "Correct" sounding cars? Because if there isn't a distinction, I can see were this thread is going... "If you adjust the sound settings, the (insert car name) sounds awesome... What kind of audio system you have...? I use headphones and it sounds better... yada, yada..." This said mostly by people who just put a racing exhaust on everything and don't know the difference between a 4 cylinder and a V12 (a.k.a the guy that works at PD sound department).

But let me answer the question.

As for which cars sound "correct?" Well, too many to mention. Example: All Vipers except the racing ones and the old GTS (NOTE: the Viper ACR needs the Sport Exhaust to sound like a Viper), Lexus LFA, BMW Z8, M5, M3 E92, and hundreds more. Cars that sound like the actual engine they have, no matter how crappy they sound. These are acceptable and I have no problems with them.

Which cars sound "good?" The Red Bull Junior, as many have noticed already.

I agree, all the cars are obviously recorded under load as Kaz stated, what they do with it afterwards is where it all goes kaput. They sort of computerize all the "inaccuracies" and the "dirtiness" of the sound, all the stuff that is removed is what makes the car great. Jaguar engines are among the most dirtiest and filthiest V8s ever, and I mean that in a good way, its a snarl a vicious unique tone that Jaguar engines have. Nothing clean about it, but PD fail to do that, they capture the car but not the soul, the essence. Just the bare basics is not what is wanted.

The stock 2014 C7 Corvette sounds very good. Unfortunately once you modify it at all it sounds like a vacuum again, which is why the anniversary edition sounds bad. Hoping that the rumors of a new sound system are true, it really kills the immersion factor for me.

@OriginalCheezIt Exactly what I'm reffering to. Unfortunately messing around with sound settings will not fix cars that have a wrong sound. It will just make it louder and more annoying.
I know that it won't fix wrong sounds, but I like fiddling with them to make the correct sounds even better. The X14 Jr. sounds absolutely astonishing with my settings and speakers, and I don't even have a good setup. Just stereo computer speakers and a small subwoofer.

I know that it won't fix wrong sounds, but I like fiddling with them to make the correct sounds even better. The X14 Jr. sounds absolutely astonishing with my settings and speakers, and I don't even have a good setup. Just stereo computer speakers and a small subwoofer.

Same setup I have. And yes; that car sounds fantastic. I grind that championship just to enjoy the car 👍

My favourite has to be that of the RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 '06 and after watching some actual video's of it I have to say the sound of it in GT6 is remarkably accurate. The sound it makes when it's idling is just amazing!!

One of my favorites is the Acura/Honda NSX Concept Hybrid. Driven hard it creates beautiful music. I bought the Acura and don't know if there is a difference or not between the two. Also, have no way of judging the reality of the sound. You don't have to worry about ruining the sound with upgrades since non are allowed.

Also, I've come to enjoy the Ford GT '66 model

The HSV -010 sounds awesome on start up and leaving the pits, then goes all to hell when its revved ... it just isn't that high pitched in real life.

Also, on the topic of sounds and possible improvements, I would love it if I was able to actually hear my own car when others are close to me. In chase view, it's literally impossible for me to hear either engine or traction sounds when there is another car anywhere near me. Had the same issue in GT5 and just wish you could adjust your car sound level separate from the others. Most other racing games have this feature.

Last edited:
The Huyara and the Veyron ..........Badum Tssss

on a serious note, LFA,M5,787B and to an extent the Lambo V10s

To me, the tuned 370Z from the 'Gran Turismo' dealership sounds magnificent with the stock exhaust as well as the Ferrari GTO '84 (stock) and the Subaru 22B Impreza with the Semi-Titanium exhaust.

I don't know how accurate they are but they do sound great.

Definitely the best sounding car ever in Gran Turismo! :bowdown:

Btw, the other RedBulls sound great, too.

I guess that is the first glimpse on the sound update to come 👍
Yes, they proved they know how to do sounds with the X cars through all the rpm ranges... Now the rest please!

Read it thinking wow I should try it out. Then it hit me. Lunar Rover = space vehicle = you are on the moon = no gravity = no sound = what??!?!?
No. No atmosphere = no sound. The moon does have an atmosphere but it's close to non-existent.

the anniversary SRT Viper is music to my ears, I haven't tried to replicate 'yet' with a Stock SRT.

Same with the Shelby Daytona Coupe, it reaks of classic muscle car sound and immersion in your face, coming from a 2D monitor.

The Alfa One-77 is just so amazing between high speed shifts, anyone that favors a Veyron to this machine needs a serious MRI scan.

I had to put this in, but the Boss302 is the worst sound mated to car, in my GT5/6 history, I must say.

I'm sorry to ask this but what's a Alfa One-77? :confused:

I'm sorry to ask this but what's a Alfa One-77? :confused:

Its a joint hybrid project car that only exists in Gran Turismo by Polyphony Digital, Alfa Romeo and Aston Martin. It has the stylish looks and luxe interior by Aston Martin, the unreliability and passion of Alfa Romeo, and the overall disappointing feeling of wanting more by Polyphony Digital.

Nah, its probably just a typo. He must be referring to either the 177 Aston Martin, or Alfa TZ3 Stradale or 8C Competizone

I'll start with my favourite
It's a Mclaren f1, it's the only car that i found that has a real sound (still to "clean") bur it is really close to real deal
Here is a sample:

This has already been addressed by others, but that sounds nothing like the F1 at all. It was my favourite car in GT5 and I've driven it quite a bit in GT6 so far (same sound) and the sound may not quite be a turnoff (doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner at least), but it's certainly not very good and is certainly not accurate. It's also annoying how it sounds like the Cizetta and the '88 Countach.

Anyway, this is what the F1 really sounds like:

A beautiful sound for a beautiful and revolutionary car. Please do it justice next time, PD.

Even thoug
The lunar rover; seems like PD really bothered to make it sound like the real thing. Gives me hope for those placeholders being replaced with the magical patch uncle Kaz promised us kids 👍
Even though there shouldn't be sounds on the moon at all :lol:

This has already been addressed by others, but that sounds nothing like the F1 at all. It was my favourite car in GT5 and I've driven it quite a bit in GT6 so far (same sound) and the sound may not quite be a turnoff (doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner at least), but it's certainly not very good and is certainly not accurate. It's also annoying how it sounds like the Cizetta and the '88 Countach.

A beautiful sound for a beautiful and revolutionary car. Please do it justice next time, PD.

Gran Turismo has never had intake sounds. My hope is the new sound update, whenever it comes, will finally rectify that. It's the only way that car will sound correct.

Gran Turismo has never had intake sounds. My hope is the new sound update, whenever it comes, will finally rectify that. It's the only way that car will sound correct.
It all depends on the camera. Intake sounds are for the chase camera only. Can't be the same for interior view

It all depends on the camera. Intake sounds are for the chase camera only. Can't be the same for interior view

Not really. Some of the cars have it, some are entirely dependent on engine noise. Its the mixture that we want. PD just did one or the other. Some cars have this exaggerated intake noise so all you hear is like this whooshing noise or hissing like the windows are down on the freeway. Sounds are the same but toned down a bit in interior cam.

For example, listen to the 458 Italia, it has some exaggerated intake noise that completely overlaps that melody of a V8 engine.

Then, the C63 AMG and SLS AMG, that v8 AMG engine noise is spot on with it, but all that other jazz and noise associated with a V8 of that size and caliber is gone, completely tuned out by the AMG whine. Now the SLS AMG's engine is known for being loud enough to almost muffle the intake, but not so with the C63.

It depends on where the listener is, yes, but also on (where the sources are on) the car. The defining sound of the McF1 comes from the practically open, FRP airbox (very light, very susceptible to vibration, not very good at insulating) running over the top of the cabin. Based on that alone, you'd think including intake sound would be very important on recreating the sound heard in the interior.

My experience shows that intake is important in the interior of all cars, though, and the sound coming from that video is definitely intake. Absolutely no question about it.

EDIT: there is no intake noise in any GT game. The whooshing is either "engine" noise, i.e. mechanical whirring, or the exhaust flow noise generator. Intake has its own unique sound. It's very different from exhausts, in general.

Last edited:
Chase cam should be mostly exhaust sound. Interior view should have a dominating intake sound, for the most part.(stock exhaust)

that off throttle sound... <3

wish he would rev match though.

Holy 🤬, that thing is like a 🤬 beast, I never knew it used a manual gearbox instead of paddles, jesus man when he shifts gears that car is 🤬 crazy. The whole camera shakes and jerks, from each gear pull thats too 🤬 awesome.

The way GT6 does the gear change is like driving an automatic, way too smooth, manual gearboxes shift as smooth as a paddle, that 🤬🤬🤬🤬 awesome F1 video showed that PD still got a ways to go.

:P

As for which cars sound "correct?" Well, too many to mention. Example: All Vipers except the racing ones and the old GTS (NOTE: the Viper ACR needs the Sport Exhaust to sound like a Viper), Lexus LFA, BMW Z8, M5, M3 E92, and hundreds more. Cars that sound like the actual engine they have, no matter how crappy they sound. These are acceptable and I have no problems with them.
No. Not even close.
Holy 🤬, that thing is like a 🤬 beast, I never knew it used a manual gearbox instead of paddles, jesus man when he shifts gears that car is 🤬 crazy. The whole camera shakes and jerks, from each gear pull thats too 🤬 awesome.

The way GT6 does the gear change is like driving an automatic, way too smooth, manual gearboxes shift as smooth as a paddle, that 🤬🤬🤬🤬 awesome F1 video showed that PD still got a ways to go.

:P
How many cars used paddle shifters 20 years ago?

Back