"Beyond The Apex" - official GT6 app for iOS (book available in PDF)

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 230 comments
I mean, I made an account here on GTPlanet when it was on the Android Market. Since then, I discovered that it was a community in relation with Gran Turismo.
I still even have the original GTPlanet App on my desktop, even if it doesn't work anymore.

Screenshot_2014-07-29-14-49-13.png

I'm using it here on Android even right now. Many people that haven't heard of the GT series would discover it.

Sadly, Android just isn't that attractive as a tablet/e-reader platform to developers compared to iOS. I think Android is great as a phone OS, but having used them I'd hate an Android tablet.

Good thing iOS is dominated in the market now...not dominating. Makes no sense. The majority of your fans live in places where I phones are dominated...aka outside of japan. Even in japan, theyre not held by a majority of users.

They should have done some sort of fanbase poll. Something tells me this app will be used as widely as the GPS track feature - not much. We'll see.

It's weird the decision on not having an Android release soon. Sony makes smartphones, really good ones. The Xperia... and it runs on Android only. wtf?

They do, but they've ruined my Xperia Z with their latest update. It uses more battery when in airplane more than when left on standby, now! Totally ruined it.

While it is technically just the e-book version of "Beyond the Apex II", I have to say that the car database is quite useful to have!

0d1e856d-1300-4ae2-89a7-6c946cd7cea7.png
1bb99b26-c0fe-4b62-a73b-35ad8a7dee4a.png

You can sort the cars in various different orders, and all car stats are available too! Useful when deciding which car to purchase or tune.

5011f758-dfe8-4c78-bcb8-bafe94616bf4.png

1cd03944-86fa-4880-9e72-e82fe1c81837.png

And we can finally inspect the differences between the dozens of Skylines within the game! Yay!

Last edited:
How weird, it's not as if it's very difficult to port a simple app like that to android.

One issue is Testing. "iOS" is mostly iOS 7. And there are a very small number of variants of iOS-compatible devices. "Android" is many different operating systems, with manufacturer-inserted differentiators. And many screen dimension variables.

Another issue is Support. While iOS users migrate to the latest iOS very rapidly, Android users don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)#Platform_usage

While it is technically just the e-book version of "Beyond the Apex II", I have to say that the car database is quite useful to have!

0d1e856d-1300-4ae2-89a7-6c946cd7cea7.png
1bb99b26-c0fe-4b62-a73b-35ad8a7dee4a.png

You can sort the cars in various different orders, and all car stats are available too! Useful when deciding which car to purchase or tune.

1cd03944-86fa-4880-9e72-e82fe1c81837.png

And we can finally inspect the differences between the dozens of Skylines within the game! Yay!

That looks kind of neat, is it all just pictures? It would be cool if they had 3D models to look at! Well maybe not, the premium cars would be downgraded but I'd imagine the standard cars should be super easy for any cell phone to render these days! ;)

I think PD need to look at this,
AndroidOSTable.jpg
PD need to do a Android version of this for 4.1 - 4.4 , that is a combined OS distribution of 74.4%, that is a lot of people they are missing out. As more people globally use Android vs. other mobile operating systems. PD don't even need to make this app work on most phones and tablets just the popular ones from the main OEM's like Sony, Samsung, LG and HTC.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what iOS you need to install it? My iPad is 4.3, and I can't update it. Lost my phone as well but will be getting android, "Apes, together, STRONG!"

Back