"Beyond The Apex" - official GT6 app for iOS (book available in PDF)

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 230 comments
Dude chill a bit, This is just an ebook app, it has nothing much special. This is not the mobile features (more than likely).
And even for the small things they ***k up....

Around 90% of the comments of this small thing here on GTPlanet and on the official Gran Turismo facebook page is about the absence of the Android version.

Comparing IOS to Android is like comparing the 2014 Chevy Stingray to cars with tires. Android's diversity is it's downfall.
That's the other way around, comparing Android to iOS is like comparing a McLaren 650S to a car with sqaure wheels. iOS is at least 3 years or more behind Android on features such as live wallpapers, battery saving, apps from more than one source, small screens, customisable keyboards (e.g. Swiftkey), more freedom, widgets, it goes on and on. Do I need to continue??

Around 90% of the comments of this small thing here on GTPlanet and on the official Gran Turismo facebook page is about the absence of the Android version.

Well of course - the iOS users are busy trying out the app.

Seriously, what do you expect? For ANY product you'll find an unrealistic number of complaints on the Internet - only unsatisfied people write about products.

That said - the app is kind of bad. UI is completely based on iOS 6 (well, make that 1.0, at least that's what it feels like), they do not adhere to most of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.

Any why, oh why do they leave out the data for about 10% of the cars? The power, weight and dimensions of the cars are known, why are they left out in the GT6 store and this app?

Anybody noticed that in the download page there is also an image of a sort of tracks info but in the app there are only the cars?

That's the other way around, comparing Android to iOS is like comparing a McLaren 650S to a car with sqaure wheels. iOS is at least 3 years or more behind Android on features such as live wallpapers, battery saving, apps from more than one source, small screens, customisable keyboards (e.g. Swiftkey), more freedom, widgets, it goes on and on. Do I need to continue??

The next step is, how many Android devices are running (or can run) the current version the way Google intends.

You ignored my point and then twisted it out of pure spite.

Dude chill a bit, This is just an ebook app, it has nothing much special. This is not the mobile features (more than likely).

1) Like Imari said before - this isn't a good sign for bringing the mobile features to Android
2) Yeah, it's just an ebook. So why is it a problem to bring it to the Playstore?
3) There's a lot more I have to criticize and this ebook is just a tiny part of the whole story.

PD is really good in making pleasant anticipation but every feature has it "but".
"There will be a course maker BUT it will come as an Update"
"There will be better sounds BUT it might not make it for day one for GT6"

I also have to mention things which are problems for years like AI.
What's the solution? Flying Start! "Maybe nobody notice the problem because you are more than 15s behind P1 before the race begins!"

Instead of solving these problems Kaz & Co worked on nighttime astromical effects because you want a realistic constellation in the sky when you drive through the green hell at night.
sarcasm.gif

YES, it's just an ebook but it's the last straw that breaks the camel's back.

The next step is, how many Android devices are running (or can run) the current version the way Google intends.

You ignored my point and then twisted it out of pure spite.

Thats Android 4.4 with no OEM overlays, so thats Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG G-pad 8.3 Google Play Edition, HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition, HTC One (M7) Google Play Edition, Moto G Google Play Edition, Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Thats miles more devices than anything iOS 7.

And you wrote your last post in a way to get a recation from it.

Thats Android 4.4 with no OEM overlays, so thats Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG G-pad 8.3 Google Play Edition, HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition, HTC One (M7) Google Play Edition, Moto G Google Play Edition, Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Thats miles more devices than anything iOS 7.

And you wrote your last post in a way to get a recation from it.

+ Every Smartphone using custom Roms and there are a lot more phones which have 4.4.2 or more.
Even my Xperia Z (original) has 4.4.2.

BTW the idea came from that I'm making a small gaming room and I want something collectable, GT memorabilia outside the main games.

For that it'd be amazing to have a coffee table Gran Turismo book. I know that quality will probably never happen, but just a regular hard cover would be fine.

There are 2 of them in fact, 3 if you count the GT5 Apex book.

First is Japanese GT4-related book "Gran Turismo Bible", amazingly designed and printed book that comes with DVD. It is not hardcover though, at least my copy isn't.

There is also GT4-related European release (maybe even US, I am not sure) called "Behind the Apex". It is a fabulous book that describes the process of making the GT4 and I am happy to have it in my collection as well.

There is also the first Apex book (I got it from the GT5 Signature and Collectors editions) which is identically amazing as GT Bible, but its main problem is format - it is too small in format and bigger edition would be highly welcomed.

As I understood, GT6 version of the Apex book is almost the same as GT5's, but with some smaller changes and edits.

However, I do agree how some great GT book would be welcomed, maybe one will be released in 2017, for the 20th anniversary of the series.

Well, the e-book need around 350 MB and I have 400 MB unused. Y U NO let me download. >:c

On iOS you need about double the size of the app to install (because it needs the space for the install file and the app itself), this catches me out all the time :/

To be fair to PD, a lot of developers seem to make apps for iOS only, it's not an uncommon thing. It may have something to do with app usage, I know that the App Store actually gets more revenue than the Play Store despite the lower market share (obviously doesn't apply here as it's a free app), not sure about app downloads though.

+ Every Smartphone using custom Roms and there are a lot more phones which have 4.4.2 or more.
Even my Xperia Z (original) has 4.4.2.
Oops, forgot about rooted devices. Also Android 4.1- 4.4 has a combined OS distribution of 74.4%. PD have left out a load of people.
androidostable-jpg.195301

The Andriod version will come out 8 months after GT7, feature all cars up to and including v1.00 and have the "Beyond the Apex" reduced to one line - if you're not in first, you need to do it again - available in five common languages: US English, UK English, Canadian English, World English and txt.eng :lol: :D

Companies tend to favour security and stability over the latest shininess, which is why you'll find lots of major companies using 15+ year old enterprise software, because the changeover would be such a massive task that it's not worth it.
I take my words back. Actually many Japanese companies still use FAXIMILIES.

I'm surprised they don't have an android version considering sony makes android phone.

Even more ironic is the fact that Playstation Licensed phones are all Androids (obviously)

I've got an Xperia SP. If anyone knows how the hell a playstation license benefits me do tell.
Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperai Z tablet user...

The only bennafit the PS certificate gives you is that you can attach a DS3 to it...... :(

One issue is Testing. "iOS" is mostly iOS 7. And there are a very small number of variants of iOS-compatible devices. "Android" is many different operating systems, with manufacturer-inserted differentiators. And many screen dimension variables.

Another issue is Support. While iOS users migrate to the latest iOS very rapidly, Android users don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)#Platform_usage

Then they should release this app for PS Vita, Yeah I know I'll probably be the one and only person that'll benefit from that but......

Latest Posts

Back