Big issue (bug?) with SR rating

• Thread starter barkohba
  • 65 comments
I've not played GTS in almost a month - Last time I was a B-A after a string of 3 horrible daily "bumper-car" races where I got downgraded from an A-S.

Got back in the game yesterday to try out the new tire model. Played the 1st race - got a star for a clean race - no change in SR (the "A" was white, not even blue which normally means it got improved). Played another race, another clean race star awarded - and to my surprise I see my A turned into a red A... Dismissing it as a one-off glitch or something, I play another one - where I got a 3rd clean race star (I was intentionally not pushing and paying attention, my main focus in these 3 races was to get back to an S rating in SR and as close to an A in DR) -and to my complete shock, after a third consecutive clean race with a star awarded, my SR was downgraded to a -RED- B.

I have no idea wtf happened an how this is possible - that is why i assume this is some weird bug or something.

Has anyone else encountered such a mess up? Also, is there ANY way to report this to PD? There is no logical explanation for being consecutively de-graded in the SR department, after 2 clean -STAR- races, from an A to a red B.

Dude you are completely right. Somethings messed up with either a seriously bad glitch or seriously bad reasoning on PD’s part.

Same thing happened to me.

Kudos showed a 4 POINT drop in SR, after I got a clean driving bonus star.

Its likely not a glitch if it’s multiple people over weeks and no patch. My race was a week ago. Your race was weeks ago.

It is not related to your layoff. I played consistently over several days.

Clearly SR is now easier to loose points and harder to gain. They have, as usual made things worse not better. Clean races also seem to have a different or varrying definition.

It seems they have added an element of
randomization, human proctors to judge or HEAVILY over calculated cusational factors to the point they create inherent inconsistencies with how SR is calculated.

Bottom line. We have to get enough drivers to petition PD to permenantly change SR and DR scoring criteria and at least give us the RULES!!

Every form of racing on the planet and all racers know exactly, to the letter, what the rules are. They have to! No racing series would even be remotely credible if it didn’t tell it’s drivers exactly what to do, or not to do, to raise status and not be penalized.

Protecting their ridiculous and clearly flawed equations from competitors, at the expense of the gamers who PAY and play their “simulator” is unacceptable. A monkey could make it simpler, more transparent and fair.

C. No. Clean bonus WAS: no penalties, not hitting inanimate objects/ not being off track AND not significantly hitting other drivers. I believe this is generally still the case as I got another clean driver bonus recently and didn’t touch anything/ anyone and stayed on track. SR went up only about a point... used to go up 4-10 points for me.

I’d have to agree with this. I’ve had clean races with no contact and had an SR increase of one point. The SR increase seems to have a random element. It’s one thing losing points if I’ve been careless or unsafe but I expect to be rewarded when I’ve driven well. It feels easier to fall than to climb back up. If this is intentional then an explanation of the point strategy would be helpful.

Well I have been in the SR B bracket for at least two weeks now so I think there is most definetly a change to SR and am off the opinion that
there is no guarantee what points you will obtain for SR at the end of the race.

My experiences so far show that a clean race with no penalties/shortcuts and staying on track will yeild about 5-8 points of SR dependant
on the length of the race.

Penalty contact where you get the orange SR notification and according penalty neagtes any SR you obtain for the remainder of the race
meaning your SR points will go down again depending on the length of the race.

Example from yesterday I had a clean SR race around Maggiore West in Nations and went up from 42 SR points to 64.

SR penalty and shortcut/wall penalties from Tokyo Expressway resulted in SR drop to 54.

Will see what happens on my racing tonight, I am all for adjusting the balance so SR is not always going to be maximum but it does
seem quite an extreme change, at the very least it should be changed that if after getting orange SR from a race it recognises if you
behave the remainder of the race.

I’m back up to SR/S. Sacrifice DR points and avoid all contact is about the best advice I can give but it was about a week of struggling. Since being back in SR/S ive got DR back to B so hoping to keep it together now. Phew.

This has been happening to me, as well. I've been having some fairly clean races (even had some clean race awards) and my SR has tanked. My DR has been going up, though. I know the 2 are separate, but they're also linked.

Back