Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT5

• Thread starter BSpec
  • 1,176 comments
Schwimmwagens are kinda cool, but 400,000 HP X2010 chassis swaps are pretty cool too.

(Note: I never actually got to drive one of these, but I have seen one fly out of the map on Circuit de la Sarthe)

You don't want to drive one (the 400,000HP X2010), unless you enjoy spinning out all. the. damn. time. :scared:

You don't want to drive one (the 400,000HP X2010), unless you enjoy spinning out all. the. damn. time. :scared:

I'm guessing it teleported when you hit the gas right? Like there one second and then all the way down the Mulsanne the next?

I'm guessing it teleported when you hit the gas right? Like there one second and then all the way down the Mulsanne the next?

Actually, it's very close to that. Even barely touching the gas button (or pedal), can send the darn thing careening out of control. You have to use manual with the thing, or you're screwed. Start in 7th, and you have a lot more control, but it's still FAR from perfect. Even B-Spec can't handle it (he can drive it, but do yourself a favor and KEEP HIM CALM AS HECK). :lol:

Actually, it's very close to that. Even barely touching the gas button (or pedal), can send the darn thing careening out of control. You have to use manual with the thing, or you're screwed. Start in 7th, and you have a lot more control, but it's still FAR from perfect. Even B-Spec can't handle it (he can drive it, but do yourself a favor and KEEP HIM CALM AS HECK). :lol:

Lol that's to be expected.. You got enough horsepower in there to get a full size freight train moving pretty easy.. How fast did it get up to? Like Mach 3? Haha

I used distance / time over a lap to figure out the average speed of the 400k hp Schwimmwagen/X2011 mashup at Route X and got an average of 1400mph or so over the lap.

I used distance / time over a lap to figure out the average speed of the 400k hp Schwimmwagen/X2011 mashup at Route X and got an average of 1400mph or so over the lap.

I agree with Fraternity187 because it literally is a bathtub on wheels... a 400,000 horsepower, bathtub on wheels... that does twice the speed of sound. Holy crap.

BACK ON TOPIC... if you join a Free Run Nürburgring lobby with everything unrestricted, except for traction control, you're going to have a bad time. Five. Red. Bulls. At. Once.

Last edited:
Forgot to Get fuel in a League event at Nurb with 4 laps to go eventually running out on the last straight on the last lap :dunce:

Wasting my money on that new GT-R in a DLC pack a while back. Oh well, at least I still have that Sirocco to help drown my sorrow for a bit.

RzB
Tried to enter the American championship in my toyota Nascar. D'oh!

Well, in b-spec maybe, but it's possible in a-spec. I won it!

Spent 10 million on the ferrari f10'. Couldn't use it in a race. Go to used car lot and there the formula GT was sitting there for half price and of course I didn't have the money. Very motivating to collect another 5 million.

It's good for online races. Won me a pretty cool car.

First place, last lap, Formula Gran Turismo Series, Last race. I thought it would be fun to Ebrake and do a 360 thru the finish line, hit the wall, lost all velocity, 4 cars pass before I line.
Guy in second with points beats me by 5.

Have not done the series since.

Ouch.

I gave up on the Sebastian Loeb challenge before ever completing the course, because I just couldn't catch the ghost car ahead of me. A few days later, I learn on the forums that you aren't supposed to catch the ghost car... I promptly went and finished the courses easily in gold, ignoring the ghost car ahead of me :D

I passed them anyway. :sly:

For me, my biggest "I'm an idiot" moment would be spending more credits on upgrading one car instead of saving credits to buy a faster one.

LOL now I don't feel like as much of an idiot for some of my... ummmm.... less than brilliant moments. But I still feel like an idiot for the time I was doing the 4 hour endurance race... I was a little more than 3 hours into it and my girlfriend called, so I paused the game and long story short, we got into a big arguement (over something stupid of coarse). About 30 minutes later the argument was over and I went back to the race that I THOUGHT I paused. I returned to find the endurance race was about 4 minutes from being over, my car was sitting against a wall and I had been lapped countless times. Needless to say, there were a few profanities said. Here's the sad part... Apparently i'm incapable of pausing a game correctly, because i've done that same thing more than once. :banghead:

When I first started GT5 (and couldn't drive to save my life even with all aids on) I immediately bought the Mazda Autozam AZ-1. After being disheartened about not being able to win with it (for some reason) I sold it because I'm dumb, only to find I couldn't buy anything else (I had no idea about the OCD/UCD at the time). My friend had to let me borrow a Minolta, but since I didn't know about seasonals I started grinding a lv0 3-lap race round tsukuba, getting maybe 3k per race.

And that is the story of the first time I ever played GT5.

Making an Enzo to send to a friend that just started the game,then forgetting about the 1million budget cap and cars you can send per day,still at least it looked good so I kept it.

Making an Enzo to send to a friend that just started the game,then forgetting about the 1million budget cap and cars you can send per day,still at least it looked good so I kept it.

You could still let them borrow-glitch it. But I have never done it, personally.

Yesterday I did a 20 lap one-make race on Route X in practice mode thinking I would get exp/money.
I was wrong.

Stupidest thing I've done was to push my tyres in an online race on Daytona. My Superbird takes low-grip conditions surprisingly well, but there was a point where the engine started overpowering the tyres even in fifth. I started to slow down and got bumped by the guy in second place. We both spun out - him into the infield, me into the wall, destroying my car. I ended up finishing eighth after a very lengthy pit stop.

The most stupid thing that I've done in GT5 is to let my level 1 bob drive the X2011.

I actually use the X1 to train Bobs up from level 1. Enter them in Like the Wind and just spam overtake whenever there's a car ahead. It wears them out quickly, but it doesn't matter as long as you keep them fairly calm.

Last edited:
Back