Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT5

• Thread starter BSpec
  • 1,176 comments
Took my Cobra on Daytona online. Flipped it several times! Was epic fun!

I'm surprised you were actually able to roll it online. PD apparently blended singleplayer and multiplayer physics. Yeah right. I have a Volvo 240 wagon that can flip over completely in singleplayer, but doesn't go more than 45 degrees on two wheels in multiplayer..

I'm surprised you were actually able to roll it online. PD apparently blended singleplayer and multiplayer physics. Yeah right. I have a Volvo 240 wagon that can flip over completely in singleplayer, but doesn't go more than 45 degrees on two wheels in multiplayer..

Yeah, it was more of a 360 at an angle in the air, but still. It was fun :)

You can very rarely flip online, but you're reset immediately when you go over.

Yeah, it sucks. But I did get air and got over some guy in his Lexus ISF. It was still idiotic as it was my fault.

I braked without ABS and hit the wall, this sent me up in the air at an angle and facing the floor, it was a bad landing :-/

How? I thought the Seasonal Events restricted the race to only cars of the same class.

The regular SuperGT event in the A-Spec/B-Spec section only limits the cars to Japanese only. I used a Furai for an easy win.
The Seasonal is more refined and limits the cars to GT500 SuperGT/JGTC cars.

The regular SuperGT event in the A-Spec/B-Spec section only limits the cars to Japanese only. I used a Furai for an easy win.
The Seasonal is more refined and limits the cars to GT500 SuperGT/JGTC cars.

Oh. He didn't clarify if it was part of the singleplayer A-Spec series or a Seasonal Event.

-Playing B-Spec
-Assuming the Scirocco R was AWD and failing to get it accepted in the AWD Challenge(I didn't know back then). It's still a great car though.

Painting wheels body color and body wheel color. Happened to everyone. :dunce:

Never happened to me, but I almost did it yesterday. I almost spent one of my Color Shifting Polarized DLC chips on wheels, when I intended to use it for my TVR. I noticed the mistake on time, though.

When my car ran out of gas at Liege (Gravel) and what's worst is that there is no refueling in the pit stop. All of my opponents overtook me then after 1 lap.

Setting up a bspec endurance race, 3 hours in, the ps3 auto shuts down... That's because I forgot the ps3 s power save feature wasn't turned off. -_-

I hacked a Fiat 500 to make 117,000 hp. Then I wasted gold paint on it. LOL it was so much fun pretending to be slow though and then shooting off like lightning.

Spent a crap ton of money for buying and tuning a Ferrari Enzo. After endless hours of trying to get it work, gave up on it. So dissapointed afterwords, I was looking to buy the enzo for a while, and was still early in my GT career. Spent all my savings on it lol.

Actually scrap my last post, I just spent a day grinding B-spec from lvl 3 to lvl 21 to get the toyota 7 race car from the Like the Wind event for the historic racing car cup (because I don't want to drop 20 mil on a car for just one event). Then I go and race in it to find that handles like complete crap! It's got such big tires in the rear, and a gigantic spoiler, but the back end still feels like it's on ice.

^^Do not double post ASAP.

Btw, it was also a stupid idea to test the Tank Car for the 1st time at Daytona for like 10 laps if your opponents drive an Enzo, Murcielago, etc & others in that level. I never knew that the Tank Car is not that fast, only to find that it can only run up to 160MPH, where the others can go as fast as 195MPH. After I got left to the last place, I immediately decided to forfeit the race, since I couldn't catch up with the other cars anymore.

Last edited:
I did it recently. For the last time trail at Spa, I wanted to purchase the 2J. I already had the 2D. Suddenly a 2D appears in UCD & I assume it to be a 2J in excitement & spend 12.5 million on it.

Sheesh. I'm again trying to fill up my bank balance incase the 2J comes up. Anyway, by then the time trial will be over.

Last edited:
The dumbest thing that I've done on Gran Turismo 5 is quite a story. I was in a "Race for Real" series-type race that included full-course cautions and safety cars. I was driving down the stretch of road between Mulsanne and Indianapolis at Circuit de la Sarthe while battling with an opponent who was a good, clean racer. Apparently there was a full course yellow, (I didn't get the message for some reason) and I ended up slamming into the safety car at 170+ mph while I was checking my mirrors. That ended my race. :lol:

^^Do not double post ASAP.

Check the timestamp. It's not counted as double posting if a considerable amount of time passed between posts.

The dumbest thing that I've done on Gran Turismo 5 is quite a story. I was in a "Race for Real" series-type race that included full-course cautions and safety cars. I was driving down the stretch of road between Mulsanne and Indianapolis at Circuit de la Sarthe while battling with an opponent who was a good, clean racer. Apparently there was a full course yellow, (I didn't get the message for some reason) and I ended up slamming into the safety car at 170+ mph while I was checking my mirrors. That ended my race. :lol:

Remember: What's behind you isn't important.

Got scammed of my DeLorean after I said "I'll trade it for your FTO STC"

The guy had 7 of them too, let me pick a damned colour. The pathetic swine then offered me it back for a Ferrari F40. I said "I'll send it when you give me the DMC back" he did.

I scammed him back. But the fact I believed him is pretty naive of me...

Back