Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT5

• Thread starter BSpec
  • 1,176 comments
Got scammed of my DeLorean after I said "I'll trade it for your FTO STC"

The guy had 7 of them too, let me pick a damned colour. The pathetic swine then offered me it back for a Ferrari F40. I said "I'll send it when you give me the DMC back" he did.

I scammed him back. But the fact I believed him is pretty naive of me...

Here's what I do: Never trade.

I facepalm everytime I go into the GT5 Marketplace. I understand you weren't trading a GTP'er, but still, trading in GT5 is bad.

I facepalm everytime I go into the GT5 Marketplace. I understand you weren't trading a GTP'er, but still, trading in GT5 is bad.

Trading is bad if you're doing it with someone who isn't trustworthy.

I've actually had a few successful trades on GTP: A Neon SRT-4 for a 69 Camaro, dumped pink paint chips in exchange for red and blue ones, and most recently; a Buick GNX for a Lotus Carlton.

There are good traders out there, you just have to find them and word your requests carefully on the Marketplace.

Not doing a Back Up of my First GT5 Save. Then Plop it got Corrupted. Well now im farther then that save but took awhile :(.

I spun out just in front of the leaders (they were lapping me after a previous incident) and I forgot to lock up my brakes and rolled right in front of them... Needless to say I retired myself after that one.

Is it really? I have had many successful trades in the Market Place with only one gone sour. I have also witnessed a great many successful trades between others with only a few here and there gone bad. Certainly not as bad as your, "trading in GT5 is bad" comment would make it seem. Furthermore, if you are smart enough to backup your save before trading, then you have nothing to lose just in case you do run across a bad trade partner. As an active member in the Market Place, I have to completely disagree with your statement there as it seems a little mis-informed.

Yeah maybe so, I usually do it only when there is a long straight before a slow corner :lol:

Strangely enough, I rarely end up doing it on La Sarthe :odd:

Yeah maybe so, I usually do it only when there is a long straight before a slow corner :lol: Strangely enough, I rarely end up doing it on La Sarthe :odd:
That's because everybody loves La Sarthe... Even the arrogant draggers and hackers.

legacyMACHINE
Got scammed of my DeLorean after I said "I'll trade it for your FTO STC"

The guy had 7 of them too, let me pick a damned colour. The pathetic swine then offered me it back for a Ferrari F40. I said "I'll send it when you give me the DMC back" he did.

I scammed him back. But the fact I believed him is pretty naive of me...

It's hard to trade with somebody you do not know. Trade only, not giveaway.

Latest biggest idiot thing I did was spend 2.6 mil credits on the Pagani Zonda R when I own a copy of 'GTPedia'. Now I've got two of them thanks to winning one in a B-spec race.

Can't sell them, and pretty sure nobody's going to trade you either. That could have been credits spent much more wisely. I hate it when I do stuff like that. :grumpy:

Latest biggest idiot thing I did was spend 2.6 mil credits on the Pagani Zonda R when I own a copy of 'GTPedia'. Now I've got two of them thanks to winning one in a B-spec race.

Can't sell them, and pretty sure nobody's going to trade you either. That could have been credits spent much more wisely. I hate it when I do stuff like that. :grumpy:

Paint one red and paint one blue.
Then let a friend borrow one of them and have a rad dualtone shootout.

Paint cars pink and blare horn 241 on them while tailing people... On purpose until I get kicked. :sly:

Thats less idiot, more troll.

Mine was entering a lobby labeled clean shuffle, and expecting it to be an actual clean race.

Mine was entering a lobby labeled clean shuffle, and expecting it to be an actual clean race.

The solution is to just go into a room not titled 'clean' or 'dirty' at all. That way you're less likely to end up racing against trolls who think 'HEURR HEURR IM GONNA BE DIRTY IN A CLEAN ROOM I AM VERY EASILY AMUSED'.

Worst thing I've done is spent hours trying to tune the handling of a car that was several seconds off the pace, only to realize I forgot to change the tires.:ouch:

I'll sum up what happened in a series last night:
It takes skill to wreck on a straightaway.

I was in a online race with a Calsonic Skyline (the premium one),I was first but then I got disconected. When i went back, we re-started the race, but I didn't think change the settings, so I race with Racing Hard and TC to 5 while everyone else were with Racing Soft. Finished last, 16s late.

I managed to hit the 'delete all' option in the photo-menu, lost some good ones and tried re-capturing a few...

But the damage was still done, lesson learned.

A new high for "I'm an idiot"

Last night I realized that I've had the front toe of ALL of my cars set to positive instead of negative. I usually set it and forget it, so I got into the habit of just setting them all the same. Last night, I heard someone online say something about negative toe...and it hit me like a sledgehammer. OMG, what have I done?!?!

For a while I was wondering why I was understeering more in corners that I used to stick to.

Easy. Uninstalled and reinstalled my game data because of issues connecting to the online portion of the game (first mistake) and unknowingly deleting all of the photos and replays I had taken/saved along with it.

I had a wireless connection at the time, as well. (second mistake)

Freaking out that my wheel was broken because my Cevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 had only 2 gears. I looked at my transmission settings and realized my car was stock.

Having both my wheel and my DS3 assigned as controller 1, I was in an online lobby. I think it's better to navigate through the menus with the DS3 than with the wheel, so that's why I sometimes have them both on.

While waiting for the race to start I was reading a magazine. When the countdown started I put the magazine away and got ready to race. As the race started, all the cars took off, except for me. I stayed put on the grid with my engine revving like crazy.

First I thought my transmission had collapsed, or maybe my brakes had jammed. I tried all sorts of different things to try and get my car rolling.

Then, after a minute or two, I looked at the table next to me. There was the magazine. Under it was the DS3. The magazine had pushed on the right analogue stick, mapped to the brakes.

That's the most epic failure I've had in Gran Turismo. :banghead:

It's my first day playing GT5.

Someone gifted me a Subaru 360 and I won the prize car on the Sunday Cup, and almost started freaking out since I couldn't see either them in my garage.

I didn't notice there were tabs on the side for premium and standard. I was like 15 seconds away from making a thread on here crying about my game being broken or something.
I remember not knowing about the tabs and thought that cars with no interior can't be saved... i bought some of them back and then by an accident i found out that they were there :fp:

After getting incredibly frustrated by spinning out over and over again in my "brick-on-wheels" in the Supercar Nostalgia competition and spending about 500,000 on upgrades to one car and a completely new car, I realized that the tire requirement was not "Sports Hard" as I originally suspected. I changed tires and suddenly I won by like 5 seconds. D'oh!

What are your stupidest moments since you started playing GT5?

For me it's when I lost races that should've won via late crash and that I sold my 1st GT Mode car, which had like 293 horsepower.

Back