Birthday exploit version 2.0

• Thread starter dabien
  • 464 comments
Anyone got any ideas why I can't gift my '67 Miura P400 prototype? The option is greyed out in the car select screen and when I view the car and try to select "gift to friend" it brings up a friend list screen but fails to list any friends.

A small tip I used when I registered my multiple PSN account :

In case you own a gmail adress and don't want to use the 10 minutes mail system, you can use the "alias" system of gmail.

If your gmail adress is johndoe@gmail.com you can set up multiple account on it just by adding a + in the adress.

For example, i wanted the 3 rare cars of 1967 so when i signed up on the PSN website, i've entered :
johndoe+1967miura@gmail.com
johndoe+1967mk4@gmail.com
johndoe+1967330@gmail.com

And all emails from Sony arrived on my johndoe@gmail.com mailbox.

When on your PS3, use the adress with the + on it to log on the PSN.

In case you own a gmail adress and don't want to use the 10 minutes mail system, you can use the "alias" system of gmail.

If your gmail adress is johndoe@gmail.com you can set up multiple account on it just by adding a + in the adress.

For example, i wanted the 3 rare cars of 1967 so when i signed up on the PSN website, i've entered :

This would be great except for when they contact you even though you say no, because they always end up doing it anyway. Now you're going to have like 50 copies of the same email haha. I just use my regular gmail with the date appended to the end. They don't verify it, so why bother making it real?

Can someone help me, how do I log into GT5 with my "new sub account", I tried signing into PSN with my new account but it didnt workn :grumpy:

Well, more specifically, how can i log in with a 2009 birthyear account, I want that Audi!

Last edited:
Does the kind of car you get depend on the level of play you're at?
If so, then it makes sense to gift the free car ticket, instead of redeeming for a car in the "sub" account and gifting it.

I did 2 cars w/ 2 accounts after midnight last night and it worked, then deleted the saved file data and re-booted GT5 for another ticket, tried gifting it today and it said "you're over your limit for the day..." so it IS 1 gift per account per day.

Thanks for the tip:nervous:

I don't understand why everyone is struggling setting up email addresses for these accounts. PSN has never asked me to confirm an email address (I am setting up the accounts on the PS3). As long as it is in an email format it works.

You guys realize that with with the save game feature, the birthday glitch is pretty much dead, unless you are just starting the game!

Once you reach level 20 in either A or B Spec, the save game feature can get you everything you need a lot quicker and easier than a birthday glitch. You will never spend money on a car anymore because you can just back up your game, buy the car you want (new or used) send it to a fake PSN account, load your backup save, send the car back to your main account and you just got it for free. So you start to pile up money a lot faster and a 2 million credit car doesn't cost you anything. You can also get 5 upgrades per day while gifting the car and 5 paints. So unless you really want that 19XX 4 million credit car right now, there is no reason to use the birthday glitch, just have fun and race, wait for it to show up in the used car dealership then use the "backup glitch" instead. Personally I am just using this backup glitch to duplicate paints that I like so I can paint multiple cars and/or wheels the same color.

and if anyone views using the backup save feature to get duplicate paints as cheating, you really need to pull that stick out of your @ss. The paint feature is messed up, why do you think they are giving us free paints everyday now, hahaha

You guys realize that with with the save game feature, the birthday glitch is pretty much dead, unless you are just starting the game!

Once you reach level 20 in either A or B Spec, the save game feature can get you everything you need a lot quicker and easier than a birthday glitch. You will never spend money on a car anymore because you can just back up your game, buy the car you want (new or used) send it to a fake PSN account, load your backup save, send the car back to your main account and you just got it for free. So you start to pile up money a lot faster and a 2 million credit car doesn't cost you anything. You can also get 5 upgrades per day while gifting the car and 5 paints. So unless you really want that 19XX 4 million credit car right now, there is no reason to use the birthday glitch, just have fun and race, wait for it to show up in the used car dealership then use the "backup glitch" instead. Personally I am just using this backup glitch to duplicate paints that I like so I can paint multiple cars and/or wheels the same color.

and if anyone views using the backup save feature to get duplicate paints as cheating, you really need to pull that stick out of your @ss. The paint feature is messed up, why do you think they are giving us free paints everyday now, hahaha
The only problem with that is you can only send one hooked up car a day! So it will save you a lot of money but not so much if you play like a freak!

The only problem with that is you can only send one hooked up car a day! So it will save you a lot of money but not so much if you play like a freak!

see I never had the time to do more than 1 birthday glitch per day anyway. With the save game feature it take me 5-10 minutes to send 5 car parts, 5 paints, and an expensive car plus get them back. I only play for 1-2 hours a day (have a family...) but so far its working perfectly, got a '94 McLaren, Lister Race Car, Citroen race car, almost had a Dodge Viper Team Oreca but was 1 level off and it dissappeared before I reached the needed level (22), DOH

I'm with you. I kinda do the reverse. I set up two extra PSN accounts. One strictly has a F40 saved and a 1985 birthday gift card (unredeemed). I send either a 1985 car (looking for old rally cars) or the F40 to my main game = $135k per day income into the main game.

I have a second account that I've quickly been going through the seasonal events and banking cash. I send an F40 from my main account everyday, then restore the main account saved game to get the F40 back. This puts $135k into the back-up everyday, plus what I've banked from the seasonal events (which I've raced by gifting the needed fully tuned car from my main account instead of the regular F40). I've banked about $1 million on the back-up. Everyday I buy something else I want and send it to the main account - it might be a $999k car or a $300k car. If it is less than a million it gets all the upgrades/tires I can afford to stick on it, then I also gift the main account extra parts not assigned to a car.

No grind for me - I just get to drive what I want! I don't bother trading with others, I'll see what I want and have the $$ to buy it when it shows up in the UCD. As stated - this is great for multiple paint jobs since GT5 can't see fit to have a Forza-like painting system. I'd be happy if I could at least preview the paint on the car!!!

I'm with you. I kinda do the reverse. I set up two extra PSN accounts. One strictly has a F40 saved and a 1985 birthday gift card (unredeemed). I send either a 1985 car (looking for old rally cars) or the F40 to my main game = $135k per day income into the main game.

I have a second account that I've quickly been going through the seasonal events and banking cash. I send an F40 from my main account everyday, then restore the main account saved game to get the F40 back. This puts $135k into the back-up everyday, plus what I've banked from the seasonal events (which I've raced by gifting the needed fully tuned car from my main account instead of the regular F40). I've banked about $1 million on the back-up. Everyday I buy something else I want and send it to the main account - it might be a $999k car or a $300k car. If it is less than a million it gets all the upgrades/tires I can afford to stick on it, then I also gift the main account extra parts not assigned to a car.

No grind for me - I just get to drive what I want! I don't bother trading with others, I'll see what I want and have the $$ to buy it when it shows up in the UCD. As stated - this is great for multiple paint jobs since GT5 can't see fit to have a Forza-like painting system. I'd be happy if I could at least preview the paint on the car!!!

So this method makes 273k a day?

Quick question (sorry if its already been said).

If I create an account with today as the birthday (or the 1st Jan 2010 for tomorrow) would I get a car made in 2010, for example the X2010? Is there many cars from this year or is the "youngest" 2009?

Sorry I'm at work just now and not sure.

Thanks

Under my current technique - I can buy about 2 $1 million cars a day, and restore old game saves to have the same $$ for the next day. Can't do THAT in 15 minutes of grinding.

Yes we can, we gain money. You keep it by restoring. You have to grind to get the money in the first place.

It's best to make one or two super accounts (20,000,000 cr and level 24)

And a bunch of lower accounts (2-3 million, level 18-22).

The former requires grinding but you'll be able to dupe anything, the latter don't require anything except beating seaonsal events.

The birthday thing comes in handy for starting the side accounts.

Hi, I am new as a member on this forum. I tried this birthday tip. I've read all these pages and tried the following.

Created a new account. I added my original account as a friend. I accepted it in my original account. I returned back to the second account. I received the gift (a nice P4...) and send back to my original account. Then I deleted the game save of the second account and run GT5. I received a Ford MKIV and tried to send to my original account.... then the message was that I reached my daily limit..... How on earth this thing happened? I have deleted the game save of the second account and that was the reason that it gave me another birthday car, but it didn't allowed me to send it....

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

P.S. I am sorry if this has been discussed earlier....

P.S.2 for the history I created a third account in order to receive the car that I wanted....

Hi, I am new as a member on this forum. I tried this birthday tip. I've read all these pages and tried the following.

Created a new account. I added my original account as a friend. I accepted it in my original account. I returned back to the second account. I received the gift (a nice P4...) and send back to my original account. Then I deleted the game save of the second account and run GT5. I received a Ford MKIV and tried to send to my original account.... then the message was that I reached my daily limit..... How on earth this thing happened? I have deleted the game save of the second account and that was the reason that it gave me another birthday car, but it didn't allowed me to send it....

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

P.S. I am sorry if this has been discussed earlier....

P.S.2 for the history I created a third account in order to receive the car that I wanted....

The reason is that you can still only SEND one car per day per account. Even deleting the game save, there's still a record on Sony's servers of you sending a car to another user (it doesn't know you're both accounts; it thinks you're friends with each other). So deleting the game save will let you GET another car, but won't let you SEND another car. So basically, you have to pick the ONE great car per birthday account, and keep trying until you get that one, then send it to your other account. Or set up multiple accounts.

How do you create accounts with birthdays such as 2009 as it says I can't make an account with later birth dates. I assume its because of the sub account?

How do you create accounts with birthdays such as 2009 as it says I can't make an account with later birth dates. I assume its because of the sub account?

From what I gather (at least in the U.S.; can't speak for other nations), you have to be 18 to get the birthday cars. By that, I mean the game and/or PSN's servers have to recognize you as 18. So if you created an account today with your birthday listed as today's date, 1993, you'd get a birthday car. If you did it for 1994, supposedly you wouldn't, because now it thinks you're only 17.

I haven't verified this, but it's what's been passed around.

From what I gather (at least in the U.S.; can't speak for other nations), you have to be 18 to get the birthday cars. By that, I mean the game and/or PSN's servers have to recognize you as 18. So if you created an account today with your birthday listed as today's date, 1993, you'd get a birthday car. If you did it for 1994, supposedly you wouldn't, because now it thinks you're only 17.

I haven't verified this, but it's what's been passed around.

It isn't true. You can be any age with a US PSN account and receive birthday cars. I have received cars from 2010 from this.

And if you're not in the US, you can make a Hong kong master account and then make other hong kong sub-accounts from it for post '92 cars.

It's also easier if you get to the stage where it offers you the car ticket, quit game and back up that save file.
Now you won't have to accept the contract and keep clicking through everything again and again.

Back