Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
Messages
327
Messages
dazzi45
Hey hope everyones happy on this day with so much news about GT5:D
But anyways I wanted to discuss something, is anyone else a bit disapointed with the intro?
I have honestly loved all the previous GT cinematics, they were simply filled with epicness especially GT4's intro where the marshals walk with the flag with epic music playing, GT3 had that CGI engine from the Tom's Supra. But GT5, I dont know its got a dirty car manufacturing plant :S .....
Anyone else?
 
I loved the transition of the raw materials --> race car so no, I'm not disappointed at all :)




Well apart from the song :yuck:


Think I hear a thread lock coming.. Keep your head down

Trying hard to not look at your join date.
 
I like the raw materials >>>> car sequence, but absolutely hate the second-half music; abysmal dreck. Even Weezer from GT5P was better; I actually watch that intro now and then. Hoping beyond hope that this isn't the soundtrack we'll get in the USA, but it probably is. Sigh.

I need to update my sig, I suppose - at least I got part of what I wanted last Tuesday........
 
Uhmmm... I enjoyed the intro, but the song chosen... Well, not that much... :grumpy:

But I wouldn't bother to skip it... Mainly because skipping it means being able to play it 👍
 
I.....must......resist.......to......the.....temptation.......
 
Not sure why someone said this thread would get locked :S im not here to complain :P I just wanted to see others opinions.
I honestly don't hate the 2nd part, but the first part has the feel of one of those 1980's documentaries about the making of something :P one of the many horrible ones I watched in Science....
 
Trying hard to not look at your join date.

Yea sorry bout the join date. I've had an account on here for years but it was apparently named SkylineRulez. Which I have no idea why cause I'd never use that name. So I decided to make another account using my more traditional name.
 
padlock-on-door.jpg
 
Trying hard to not look at your join date.

See? Perhaps ill go back to this one. Though as you can see I never really posted lol.

Sorry for assuming this would be an instant-lock.. Since theres already a whole thread complaining about the Intro.
 
👍 I rather enjoyed the intro. Kinda disappointed in the music but I can easily deal with that. Personally I would of asked Maynard to write a song.
 
The only part of the intro I thought needed changing was MCR...please get them away. Other than that I personally really liked the way the intro went. It told a story. Cars being born from mother earth. From raw materials to incredible driving machines. :lol:
 
I think they should've used that horsepower song from the crystal method which was used in another GT video. Other then the choice of the song the build up from building the car to the racing was amazing. Also not a new member been here since 2004
 
I enjoyed the intro, the classical music mixed with industry was nice. Didn't dislike the MCP song was nice and bouncy and upbeat, not as emo as many seem to say.

I would say this the musical transition from classical to MCR wasn't amazing.

Other than that very pretty some nice surprises.
 
How dare. Prokofiev is king.

The second half though...
 
It could have been better. The first part was too long and boring. The second portion was okay. I enjoyed the trailers more than the intro for the actual game though. I wish we could fast forward the intro to the good part.
 
The intro didn't do it for me. I was like meh I've seen most of those
 
I'll probably watch it again when a HD version is released. I didn't like it but I'm willing to give it another go when HD is available.
 
I didnt like it at all, but really, who cares? It's an intro. It's pretty unimportant, something you might watch once or twice, but when I get to those my first thought after the first watch is what button do I press to skip it.
 
The intro sucked for me, because of the horrible song used. Whose ideal was it to have those idiots be the intro song? I'll just mute my TV and play another song to make it great.:sly:
 
All that manufacturing process for a measy economy car? C'mon, where is the high end sports car?
 
The intro sucked for me, because of the horrible song used. Whose ideal was it to have those idiots be the intro song? I'll just mute my TV and play another song to make it great.:sly:

Not disappointed at all. Watched it with my speakers off, but who cares about the music when the video is as cool as that? Wow..
 
Geez, how can you say it's boring? You love cars? But you think they just appear out of nowhere? Really fascinating, reminded me of that Discovery show How It's Made.
 
Well I'm guessing it would sound better with the HD version. I mean, it wasn't terrible. I find the song wasn't as bad as most people said or thought but they should have put something else. Who cares anyway its an intro
 
Geez, how can you say it's boring? You love cars? But you think they just appear out of nowhere? Really fascinating, reminded me of that Discovery show How It's Made.

It's not about that at all. It's just that for some of us, in our own opinion, it's not all that well put together.

The beginning part is long and boring, then you cut to game footage with MCR playing in the background. Big deal. After so much talk, hype and development time, people expected something seriously epic, and I didnt see that in this intro.

It could have been done far better I think if they hired an external studio who specialized in kick ass intro's. Im a designer myself, there's a lot of them out there. Like the guys hired to do all those MGS4 commercials. The production quality of those is far beyond this intro. This looks like something done in house, which was a mistake. It looks like something some game developers made, not something true animators and story tellers would put together.
 
Didn't like it in the least. Maybe GT-TV can overcome this in the future, as in a replacement intro file ??
 
It's not about that at all. It's just that for some of us, in our own opinion, it's not all that well put together.

The beginning part is long and boring, then you cut to game footage with MCR playing in the background. Big deal. After so much talk, hype and development time, people expected something seriously epic, and I didnt see that in this intro.

It could have been done far better I think if they hired an external studio who specialized in kick ass intro's. Im a designer myself, there's a lot of them out there. Like the guys hired to do all those MGS4 commercials. The production quality of those is far beyond this intro. This looks like something done in house, which was a mistake. It looks like something some game developers made, not something true animators and story tellers would put together.

Why exactly would Polyphony want someone else doing an intro to their game when they've always done the intros for them? Especially the company you chose who put together a bunch of CG sequences for those commercials you picked. That wouldn't have fit GT at all.
 
1st half is long and boring indeed, also i didn't liked music there as well.
2nd half... video is good, music is horrible.
Maybe "Moon Over The Castle" would've saved that intro, i don't know, need to need to check Japanese version when it'll be released, but since i'm not getting JPN version, but the EU version...
I will skip intro every time after the 1st time i'll watch it.
Kinda sad, because same happened with EU version of GT4 for me.
And i watched JPN intro of GT4 (yes, i wasnt patient enough and got JPN version 1st) every time i've started the game.
Yes, i'm that type of the person, who would watch something he like again and again and again.
Just my opinion tho...
 
Back