Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,327 views
haha it won't make a difference

Lol. Hey, you're right, if the intro song sucks, it's gonna suck no matter how good a sound system it's played on. But, I personally will enjoy watching it the first time in its "full glory." How often do we even watch intros for a game? Many games, I completely skip the intros, and even if I watch them fully, it's a one-time thing.
 
The Intro was absolutely horrible.
1)The song did'nt even match what was on the screen.
2)The opening scene with the NASCAR race has SuperGT engine noise!
3)The beginning was abit to Modern Warfare-esque (The way the text flows in and out of shots)
 
I love it, the first half was absolutely amazing and such a perfect choice from PD. Double thumbs up! :)
 
I love it, the first half was absolutely amazing and such a perfect choice from PD. Double thumbs up! :)

👎
 
The very fact we are even having this discussion, and not just sitting in awe with goosebumps proves that they did something wrong - and if not wrong then certainly not up to the standards we've come to expect.
 
the first half was absolutely amazing and such a perfect choice from PD. Double thumbs up! :)
👍👍
The second half is what disappointed me, horrible song with average cut scenes.

The very fact we are even having this discussion, and not just sitting in awe with goosebumps proves that they did something wrong - and if not wrong then certainly not up to the standards we've come to expect.
^This. I can look at about 10 fan made trailers that gave me goosebumps, this didn't do it for me.
 
Video was a bit long and the song definitely sucked. I would be happy with Moon Over The Castle on every GT game. I still go back and watch the GT4 intro all the time. Still gives me chills. Epic.
 
I feel that the intro was top notch well thought out. Epic and all that. But the music... What went wrong there then... The music in some of the other vids was nothing short of perfect. I don't get how they got this soo wrong.
 
👍👍
The second half is what disappointed me, horrible song with average cut scenes.

The second half is the weakest part, yes. In my opinion though, the first half makes up for it :P
 
The intro could have been a little better i feel, it was average
 
I'm the opposite, I liked the second part, minus the song. Could be because I was mainly looking for new things. The first part seemed kind of boring, at least for me. As a whole, GT, GT2, GT3, GT4, had better intros in my opinion.
 
Last edited:
Even GT5: Prologue had a better intro than GT5 (no offense).
 
I had goosebumps watching the Horse Power intro instead. This one is just lame. But anyways we're focusing on a irrelevant matter. What matters is the gameplay.
Nobody can reach perfection, not even Kazunori. If you think you can have everything right you're on for a full dissapointment.
 
I know this must have been repeated 1000 times in this thread, but GT2's intro will never be topped...
 
GT2s intro is my favorite intro, out of all the games so far.
 
To some extent I believe it wasn't a bad intro, but with a simple switch in the song, I'm certain it would have been that much better.
 
not a fan of the intro...

the first half nearly put me to sleep as i thought we were gonna actually have to watch them build a car bolt by bolt, weld by weld...and the song was "zzzzz"

as for the second half...the MCR song was "meh" and the action used too much previously seen video for my taste.

about the only thing that could have made the trailer worse would have been the "horsepower" song, which makes me want to curb stomp kittens and club newborn babies...
 
👍👍
The second half is what disappointed me, horrible song with average cut scenes.


^This. I can look at about 10 fan made trailers that gave me goosebumps, this didn't do it for me.

👍
 
To some extent I believe it wasn't a bad intro, but with a simple switch in the song, I'm certain it would have been that much better.
God that would definitely turn it into an awsome intro!! Hope they change it with an update or something!!(I know it's too late just dreaming here...)
 
I liked it, but I would have liked it more if the first part was a bit shorter and the song in the second part was changed.

Still, the first section sums up what sets GT apart from other games IMO, in that it shows Kaz's absolute passion for all things automotive.
 
Wow, hardvibes made an awesome intro. Blend that with the first half of the offical intro and you got somethin. =)
 
it just got removed because SEA wanted it off the site.

I don't blame them at all. It's embarrassingly awful; they don't want anybody to see it until after Sony has their money. :ouch:
 
i got to put them in my youtube channel before they were taken down =) GTisTopGear
 
it shows Kaz's absolute passion for all things automotive.

He lost his passion 5 minutes before the intro-song selection had to be made. Man, that alleged "music" in the second half is just pitiful. Do we have to wear our hats backward and drop 80 IQ points to get into the spirit?

Who got paid to place that crud in a game people have been waiting years to buy?
 
Last edited:
Back