Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,327 views
The second half could have focused much more on the day/night sequences with weather mixed in. After that fantastic creation scene and its dramatic build, it just turned into a great heaping pile of lost potential via random scenes of cars in random locations; it felt as if two different groups were responsible for the piece. Although if I'm really honest, they milked the creation scene a bit more than they should have.

Independent of one another, each of the various car scenes were semi-enjoyable, but as a whole they lost that storytelling aspect of the first half, when it should have blown our minds.

It feels like listening to a musician who has no real idea of how to improvise and just drags out one on the fly section and then proceeds to dribble through others without connecting the dots in any meaningful way; lost in translation.
 
well as they say opinions are like butt holes.. everyone has one right... and with all due respect to everyones opinions here i think you guys are being way too harsh.. we watched it in low res youtube video... they are trying to tell a story... and i think they did a pretty good job... yes the song from MCR was a bit dodgy and out of place but i personally (imho) liked the story... i fall into the older catergory so i don't suffer from short attention span... like some of you... anyway r u buying GT for the intro or the actual meat (the game) let's ease up a little here huh??
 
Didn't like it. Didn't feel polished, felt like a fustercluck even though the story intention behind it was good - just could have been done better. GT4 was much better and given the technology and production time I expected far more.

Compare it to FFXIII Intro. That's polished.

But after all its the game that matters.
 
Time to wait for the proper intro for PAL version.
 
The My Chemical Romance song was terrible, but the video itself was amazing.
 
The My Chemical Romance song was terrible, but the video itself was amazing.

That's exactly how I feel. I'm not sure how people could like the previous intros and not like this one. It's done in the exact same style. Which means that it isn't trying to tell a story, it's trying to show you what's new in the game. So you see the day/night features, weather, cars and tracks.
 
Way too many cool kids on this forum. The intro was great, catchy tune.
 
IF you are disappointed by the intro... fear not... as soon as I get my hands on a direct feed HD copy I will make my own version... and it will be better.
 
Disappointed? Absolutely. MCR.... :(
 
It wasn't the inside of a Supra engine, but the whole intro is growing on me. I first thought the first half looked like a crappy '80s UAW training video, but I appreciate that the process of building a car is essential to what GT is about, and the Prokofiev piano bit was a nice touch. The other half looked great too, except for MCR. Hell, that song may grow on me too...
 
The building part in the beggining was impressive! The second part was unorganized and hard to follow along to, and the music was pathetic. The music is an example of what Polyphony digital is not; a emo rocker group. I think of polyphony as a jazz/design/luxury styled kinda thing. Moon Over the Castle much?
 
i would have liked a different song for the second half. Fuel By metallica would have worked well. The first part was long and drawn out. had the process been of a ferrari head being cast from molten aluminium i think i would have been on board. but it cam eacross as a early 90s movie about a factory that looked like it was going to shut down.
 
I already saw it so many times that I started to like the song!
 
Not disappointed at all. Watched it with my speakers off, but who cares about the music when the video is as cool as that? Wow..

I didnt say the shots of the cars are a disappointment, but the song itself is a disappointment. Of cousre the intro is good aslong as you keep it on mute or chose your own song to play with it.
 
I like the first part with the manufacturing plant and the transition to the GT-R. The second part is pretty bad in my opinion. Music is terrible, trailer scenes aren't anything special. It just lacks soul and emotion, it doesn't really capture me at all. I would take a handful of fan made trailers from the fan made trailers thread over this, I could watch some of those 10-15 times over and over. This I will watch once then skip it. Not really a big deal to me, but an intro that makes your hair stand up and gives you goosebumps is something I was hoping for.
 
Well, since Sony demanded the video to be removed... :rolleyes:

I'll have to see it when I get the game. I'd much rather wait until then anyway.
 
I'm annoyed with the quality of the video, but after watching it a few times I think the intro is actually pretty nice. It contains some nice transition and a few epic moments. The night scene in particular with SLS and the LF-A overtaking cars was a nice shot. The beginning part might be a little too conceptual but It's a nice attempt to tell a quick story of how a car is born and distributed into the world. Overall not too bad, but I'll be so busy with the game the intro is going to become unimportant after awhile. ;)
 
Worst intro in the history of Gran Turismo. Actually it's the only one that sucked.
 
It definitely doesn't Wow you right of the bat like the past intros, but it will most likely grow on people. It sort of lulls you in to the GT experience, and it would have been better to show something exciting, especially for new players to the GT World. IMO it would have worked better as an ending video.
 
Epic Fail IMHO.
 
Overall the movie is great...but that song is very bad
Just hope Japanese version uses Moon over the Castle instead of that crappy song
 
It wasn't that bad tbh.
 
The first part at the steel mill was a bit long and drawn out. And seeing as I drive identical cranes as shown in the intro, it will only make me feel guilty that i shouldn't have called in sick at work to play GT5. ! I'll get over though I'm sure. :sly:
 
I didn't watch it and I'm glad I didn't. I don't want my first exposure to it to be on some crappy youtube video recorded on a crap camera with crap sound.

I'll enjoy it as it's meant to be: on a widescreen 1080p TV with surround sound.

So yeah, keep crying about spoiling it for yourself :D
 
I'm disabling the intro movie ASAP I get the game.
 
lol @ soooony

they can't do anything now it;s not one game that was leaked.

MCR song is horrible.

I loved first part but as second part start MCR is destroying everything.
 
I've got mixed feelings about the intro. As a few have said, the concept was great, but the first half goes far too long and the transition into the second half is clunky.

Saying that....and I will be in the minority here...I think the MCR song is great! :p

When they were first announced, I was on the "terrible choice" band wagon, however having watched the intro a couple of times the song has grown on me very quickly and thankfully its far more rock than it is emo.
 
Back