Black List of drivers you must elude.

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Landokarl
First of all sorry for my English, it is not my born language.

Well I am sick and tired of those drivers that their only goal in a race it is to break racing lines, drive backwards and more things.....

Here is my personal list of drivers that they do not drive at all in races.

Musonokawaii
SolidBrain
Patagoniaman
HQ_CHI_MINH
KILLBILLS
Crasher
xhsjj
AZKUMA
fulltone
Ki-o
STIFD2
Tokyoguy
GOMI_......(Japanese name)
typeXX
Drift-Yellow-FD
RB26-VR38
The "fpqa" brigade
ghshome
burnalstock
Chioru-One
asaboo

I am not saying to put in this black list any driver who pushes you a bit, just the ones that break races just for fun, and they should not have a copy of this brilliant game.

Seeing as most of us here won't have very good Japanese reading or writing skills then it probably won't help much. But...

You can submit a 'grief report' online for Australian games.
eg. http://au.playstation.com/community/grief_reporting.jhtml

I have heard of people having their account suspended for cheating/glitching. You can of course sign up for another PSN account but it does reduce the amount of abuse. Not sure if the Japanese network has a similar sort of thing or how effective it is.

SolidBrain is such a loser. He/she kept on bumping into my car, pushing my car from behind just to get 1st on the finish line. Such a cheat.

I've had several encounters with the last two on your list, particularly solidbrain, who is definitely not that at all!! :dunce:
They seem content to just take you out. I now try to avoid races which have got those morons in.
nige

This is going to be a worthy thread in the future I think. My temper thanks everyone in advance for contributing :)

Jerome

Patagoniaman - I'd sure like to meet him/her one day.... Caused me to loose the lead on two occasions by lingering on the back straight at Suzuka. Oh how I laughed.

HQ_CHI_MINH

I have only seen him on Daytona, he was blocking other racers and if he crashed while doing that, he would wait on the track and try to take out the player in the next lap.

I can add three names to the list!

Suzuka F430 races
BaldurKN (sp?) driving a red car. Gets p;ssed because he can't get past and takes you out 2nd half of final chicane, very deliberate!
crasher (obvious one) in a yellow car. Complete idiot! avoid at all costs!

Daytona
xhsjj

Neil

Suzuka F430 races
BaldurKN (sp?) driving a red car. Gets p;ssed because he can't get past and takes you out 2nd half of final chicane, very deliberate!

Haha he maybe able to answer this one personally

Suzuka F430 races

crasher (obvious one) in a yellow car. Complete idiot! avoid at all costs!

You mean there is a F430 that isn't red!? :P

Live by the sword, die by the sword. :lol:

Maybe it was a flash in the pan jobbie, or a touch of lag, hate to think one of us was doing it deliberately.
I had a hard time getting past him ( cleanly I might add! ), cos his car was jerking all over the place on the straights.

Neil

Great idea Lando, might I suggest as the names appear in thread you add them to your first post?

In addition to a brief reason as to what these "non" drivers attempt to do to hi-jack an race

CCM

The funny thing is in the "manual" of the game, PD actually have a section that talked about "online" manners.

The funny thing is in the "manual" of the game, PD actually have a section that talked about "online" manners.

NOW it all makes PERFECT sense!!! You tell a kid NOT to do something, so what do they do, they do it ANYWAY!!!

NOW it all makes PERFECT sense!!! You tell a kid NOT to do something, so what do they do, they do it ANYWAY!!!

:sly:👍:sly:👍:sly:👍

Dirty racing isn't something I would do online. Only when I'm racing buddies in split screen. People who cause intentional crashes online should have their PS3 shoved up their ___. (you can fill in the blank)

One of the biggest, and far from subtle last corner punts, I have received was from a GTP member! :scared:

Perhaps this blacklist should wait for the Euro/USA releases of GT5P...

One of the biggest, and far from subtle last corner punts, I have received was from a GTP member! :scared:

Perhaps this blacklist should wait for the Euro/USA releases of GT5P...

It's nice to see another old face here, It's been a while JR 👍

There are plans to have a Hall of Shame when the Euro/USA versions get released. I was going to do it earlier but then decided to wait a bit longer and use this JPN version to see how things go.

It's nice to see another old face here, It's been a while JR 👍

There are plans to have a Hall of Shame when the Euro/USA versions get released. I was going to do it earlier but then decided to wait a bit longer and use this JPN version to see how things go.

Ok, Sphinx will do the black list at the end of March, I know we will not race these people again once we have our european/american copy, but until then I think we should know before we race what kind of morrons we are faccing off.

I will keep updating nicks.

I think this is potentially a very useful thread, but only if it is fair and that the criteria for blacklisting is made very clear. Blacklisting a person because someone has had one bad experience/racing incident is not fair in my opinion.

I'm glad to see that you've atleast given one such 'offender' a chance to explain. But as such, I don't think it is fair to have a person's name on a public blacklist until they have been 'proven' guilty by atleast a number of people, rather than on the strength of one controversial incident (if that is indeed the case here....)

Unless you are specifically talking about people whose sole aim is mischief, I don't think a blacklist can be universally applied, and although you do say that this is your personal blacklist, the fact that you are also inviting additions to your list seems to speak to the contrary... At the very least, GTPlanet members mentioned on any blacklists hosted at this site must be given the chance to appeal or have their names taken off the list.

I agree with that, and propose the removal of BaldurKn's name.

As I said earlier in the thread, it may have been an isolated incident, or a lag issue. It just seemed like a deliberate nasty move at the time, and was at a point on the track where excessive speed off a straight wasn't the issue.

I'm prepared to give anyone a second chance, especially if they are a member of this board. But a second chance it is!

Neil

I agree with TM's comments completely. GTP has to be very careful not to blacklist people for the wrong reasons. I expect everyone who has raced online has had some kiind of incident whether as a result of a rammer or misjudgement. GTP has members of all abilities and is not the preserve of A1 drivers. It is there to assist members of all abilities.
I think it wil be difficult to police - a blacklisted member can quite as easily use a different username anyway and carry on racing without anyone else knowing.
Ofcourse we all get frustrated with bad online drivers but it is something we have to put up with until such a time as private rooms come available( or not ). Unfortunately people are entitled to play the game as they wish whether they belong to GTP or not. That's life. PD need to see what is going on and, as has been discussed elsewhere, try to eliminate the unfair tactics that are employed. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

My 2d worth for what it's worth.

nige

There were driver black lists on many GT sites back in the early days. This was due to us not having any form of control back then, and the black lists were the first attempt to gain some control over cheating or anything that went against what was considered fair play. These black lists didn’t really die out until the standard OLR rules were applied across all the mayor GT boards.

Unfortunately we are back to square one now that Online proper is here, and I firmly believe that if anyone who wants to cheat or just simply wants to be a bloody nuisance, then they have to be aware that there is a price to pay for such activity.

Any future ‘name n shame’ systems that we may put in place will most certainly follow certain procedures that will include the condition of evidence being provided before any action is taken. The evidence may come in form of a video or from a gained consensus that is provided by a number of trusted GTP members, or even from trusted drivers from other respected GT sites. There will be no black listing of anyone just because one member here says that they had a bad time with someone whilst racing Online.

There were driver black lists on many GT sites back in the early days. This was due to us not having any form of control back then, and the black lists were the first attempt to gain some control over cheating or anything that went against what was considered fair play. These black lists didn’t really die out until the standard OLR rules were applied across all the mayor GT boards.

Unfortunately we are back to square one now that Online proper is here, and I firmly believe that if anyone who wants to cheat or just simply wants to be a bloody nuisance, then they have to be aware that there is a price to pay for such activity.

Any future ‘name n shame’ systems that we may put in place will most certainly follow certain procedures that will include the condition of evidence being provided before any action is taken. The evidence may come in form of a video or from a gained consensus that is provided by a number of trusted GTP members, or even from trusted drivers from other respected GT sites. There will be no black listing of anyone just because one member here says that they had a bad time with someone whilst racing Online.

👍 It would certainly be a tremendous boost to the GTP GT5 online community to have some form of WRS-standard vetting system, and I particularly like the evidence-based reporting idea... perhaps that is something Jordan and the WRS admin guys (like your good self) might look into is setting up such a verification system to ensure that GTP online races are among the best...

Having raced in many a LAN race (at both UKGTP and SFGTP meetings :D ), I can safely say that there have been several times when someone could have fairly nominated me for a 'Black Flag' (or atleast the 'GTP Hat of Shame'), but it was never anything a quick "Sorry!" didn't fix... with the exception of one or two talented individuals, I don't think anybody could safely say they were a 100% clean driver, especially in the heat of the battle...! Likewise, I suffered my fair share of shunts, punts and downright c.... ok, let's leave it at that, shall we? ;)

, I don't think anybody could safely say they were a 100% clean driver, especially in the heat of the battle..

Correct,
we all make mistakes.

I do visit lans for the last 6 years and I think I'm a bit spoiled by the fairness of driving I have met.

But what I encountered Online in my first GT5P week.:scared:
Absolute lack of respect for other drivers.
It seems some see only a car on a screen and forget that a person is behind that car.

Also the fact that a whole new generation of young kids with a first time console/PS3 is dominating the net is new for us old school gamers.
Those kids are growing up behind a PC and lost all sense with the real world.
As I see the anger in driving on the screens , it doesn't surprise me anymore some of those weirdos shoot up whole classrooms.

The Prologue game self is based on a minimum of touching other cars by giving you penalties.
But that message does not come through enough yet.

Having raced in many a LAN race (at both UKGTP and SFGTP meetings :D ), I can safely say that there have been several times when someone could have fairly nominated me for a 'Black Flag' (or atleast the 'GTP Hat of Shame'), but it was never anything a quick "Sorry!" didn't fix...
Glad you pointed that out Touring Mars. The difference of localised action, such as a LAN, versus online racing in the etherworld will be exactly that - you won't know if someone will know they've made a mistake and be offering apologies to the other racers (unless we're all headphone equiped). A simple "sorry" works well in the LAN enviroment, but someone could be needlessly blacklisted if they are not able to answer for their actions.

However, if someone is not racing cleanly, ramming and intentionally disrupting the racing of other, yes, they should be tagged.

Such a list will not be easy to administer and govern. Good luck to whoever ends up in charge. :ill:

Such a list will not be easy to administer and govern. Good luck to whoever ends up in charge. :ill:

I don't think it'll be too hard to administer, Stu.

Let's forget about the odd skirmish that can occur when we race on LAN or even online with Xlinx Kai for that matter, I'm sure they can be sorted out without black listing anyone. I'm talking about the repeat offenders, the obvious ones that don't even care about anything other than themselves, and the cheaters who are hell bent on doing anything to get that win or top place in time trial.

Allow me to show you an example:

I have no qualms about shaming this guy in public because he clearly deserves everything he gets. The decision to record this event was made after the two races prior to this one resulted in the same outcome.

PSN-ID:
KILLBILLS

Track:
Suzuka Circuit

Comments:
Yet another idiot that ruins this fine game.

Notice how he Deliberately brakes on the straight so that I hit him. @2.20

He then attempts to side-swipe me on the next turn @2.37, and hoping that I would fly off the track. I was ready for him (continued braking) @2.37

Shunted me on turn 2 / lap 2 @ 3.11

Another shunt @ 3.32

Another shunt @ 3.38

By this time I'm paying more attention to whats going on behind me instead of what's in front of me.

Another shunt @ 3.53

Again another shunt @ 4.15

Side swipe to put me on the grass and out of the race,. It didn't work @ 4.37

he tries to block my run down the straight but I surprise him by keeping the same line and getting through, but not before he manages to have another swipe at me as I go past. @5.02

@ 5.19 he successfully side swipes me to get past me but not before picking up yet another infringment for doing so.

But it seems crime does pay as he then weaves from left to right along the main straight to stop me from passing and winning the race.

Based on the evidence provided, would this example be worthy of a submission into the Hall of Shame, or does this sort of thing go unpunished and thus allowing others to follow his/her example?

There are also those guys who have made a mockery of Suzuka in the Online Time Trials. Do we allow them to gain the top spot without any come back? I think not.

This is so weird! So along with vehicle damage & loss of performance being programmed into the game, let's also get the software to recognize intentional rough driving & BLACK flag the offender so he is forced to watch the race from pit lane. I say punt him/her into the grass or drive away from the idiot(s), whatever your better at doing.

I agree 100% with most of the above comments. People who decide not to race and set out to deliberately ram and disrupt the enjoyment for others should be punished. All I'm saying is that it will difficult to manage and operate. There will always be somebody who won't play ball, sadly.
A verification system for GTP races is an excellent idea and would hopefully encourage as clean as possible racing.
Did not the TOCA series have some kind of Black Flag for such offendors?
Cheers,
nige

I cant remember his PSN ID but I remember this well
in a suzuka race after he failed at start he jumped back to the last chicane and he waited on the chicane exit for upcoming drivers. He was standing in a very critical position I almost crashed him. Cant believe that I was in a race with this jerk. Why he bought PS3, gt5p.. Its very pointless for his life understanding.

anyway I hope they will bring some hard penalties for these kind moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back